• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 12,807 Views, 2,513 Comments

Complications - Hiver



Sometimes everything goes smoothly. Most of the time there are complications, especially when it comes to royal weddings.

  • ...
34
 2,513
 12,807

Chapter 11

“Thank you Obsidian,” I said and took the bowl of fruit from him, “I’d give you some emotion in turn, but I think Amber is going to hit me with a stick if I try.”

Amber made a buzzing sound next to me where she was sitting and glaring at any other Changeling that dared come too close.

She was holding a sharp stick. Almost a spear actually.

He nodded and then took a step back and looked up. Perking my ears, I looked up as well. Changeling hearing must be better than Alicorn because it took me a couple of moments before I could just about make out the sound of propellers.

“Amber, would you mind flying up and guiding them back here?” I asked as I turned to look at my guard.

She glared at me, “Yes, I would mind, Sir. I’m not leaving you unguarded with these Changelings.”

Okay then.

“...Send up a flare instead?” I suggested and shifted my wings. Oh man, Amber didn’t like these guys at all.

I would do it myself, but even after a couple of days of recovering, something that draining may still make me pass out.

Nodding, Amber then raised her head and her horn glowed before sending a bolt of magic flying up in the air through the canopy of the trees to explode like green fireworks.

“Thank you, Amber,” I said and leaned against her, only to have her growl at me and pulled away.

“If you try to feed me, sir, I’ll hit you with the suggested stick. You are not in any state to do so!”

“...Yes, ma’am…”

Even so, I knew that Amber had to be starving. She had not eaten for over a week, apparently refusing any of the gel the other Changelings had offered to her.

I hadn’t asked her how she got captured and she hadn’t told me. I didn’t plan to ask either, if my guess was right it involved being completely overwhelmed by a pile of Changelings.

It took a minute or so before a large shadow moved above the trees. Moments later there was a flash of light leaving behind Luna, Sunset, Skitter and a dozen guards, evenly mixed between my Legion and Luna's Nightguard.

Struggling onto my hooves, I moved up to them, “Welcome to the Jungle. We got fun and ga-Ow!”

Sunset glared at me and lowered her goof from my chest, “Nopony else gets those jokes anyway!” and then she hugged me tight, “Never do that again.”

“Didn’t think it was that bad of a joke,” I murmured against her neck as I hugged her tightly, “I’m fine. I promise.”

Luna put her wing around both of us, giving my ears a quick nuzzle before she looked towards Skitter.

Skitter stepped forward past us, giving Amber a small nuzzle before she buzzed her wings and spoke up, “Your Queen has fallen. The Jungle Hive is no more. I am Princess Skitter of the Canterlot Hive and I claim this swarm for the Hive.”

Ambrosia was the first one to approach her from the group. She looked up at Skitter for a long moment before lowering her head a bit, offering her horn.

Skitter lowered her head and touched the small antenna crown on top of her head against Ambrosia's horn for a moment. Ambrosia blinked and seemed confused and disoriented for a second, stumbling before closing her eyes and sinking down to lay on the ground.

Beyond that, I didn’t pay too much attention as the next changeling moved up to her. The guards were helping the ponies resting on the grass.

Pulling back from the hug, I smiled at both Luna and Sunset, “Seriously, I’m fine. We’re all fine, just tired.”

Luna pulled me close with her wing, “Are you sure, My Page?”

“Yeah. Don’t blame the Changelings, they were just doing what they have always done, they didn’t know a different way,” I said and looked up at her, “It’ll be fine.”

Luna just shook her head and rested her head against the top of mine. Sunset frowned at the Changelings gathering around Skitter.

She then shook her head and moved close, putting her horn against mine, “What is it with you and Changelings?” she sighed softly. Putting my wing around her, I pulled her close before I shook my head,

“Forget that now. Let’s get everypony and ‘ling back onto the ship,” I said and smiled at them, “...Before I fall over again, please.”

Sunset looked like she had something to say about that ‘again’, but instead she nodded, “Let’s move everyone back to the ship. Princ…” she started to say as she looked up at Luna and then changed it to, “...Luna, I’ll bring Page to our cabin.”

Luna nodded, “I will teleport everypony else. Go.”