• Published 7th Sep 2019
  • 2,043 Views, 28 Comments

Contagious - Bookish Delight



Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry talk about their relationship. (Don't ask what took so long.)

  • ...
5
 28
 2,043

3: Twilight Time (Again)

Sunset had absolutely no idea how much time had passed before she heard someone calling her name. Someone familiar.

"Sunset?" she vaguely sensed Twilight say behind her, while also tapping Sunset on the shoulder, causing the latter to jump from the touch.

"Whoa, who goes there—oh. Hi, Twi." Sunset gasped for breath. "Okay, yeah, starting to see why maybe that's a bad thing to do so someone lost in thought."

"Finally, she gets it," Twilight said. "Still, looks like things went well with Flash." She elbowed Sunset. "Told you you had nothing to worry about."

Sunset gasped, her heart going from zero to 60 in half a second. "You were looking? You were listening? How much did you see?"

"Vice Principal Luna wanted to talk to you about the wall, so I started looking for you. I only got here a few minutes ago. Didn't want to interrupt, so I waited around the corner, looking only sometimes to see if you were done. As for how much I saw? Weeeelllll..." Twilight winked. "Let's just say that I'll let the secret handshake that you've never done with me before slide."

Sunset relaxed and laughed, sweeping Twilight into her arms and plating a kiss squarely on her lips. "Better?" she asked.

"Mmmm... for now." Twilight locked her arm into Sunset's, and the two walked towards the front of Canterlot High.

"Twilight?" Sunset asked.

"Hmm?"

"Is there..." Sunset fidgeted as she searched for the right words. "Any scientific reason you can think of for why people still like me, even after I've been the worst person ever?"

Twilight shook her head. "I'm the wrong person to ask. You and I didn't start out perfectly either, but I've been a fan of you ever since then." She cast an idle glance looked towards the athletics field. "Looks like it's contagious."

Sunset sighed, sidling closer into Twilight. This time, she didn't bother wiping her eyes.

"Yeah," she said. "Looks like."

Comments ( 16 )

Wonderful way to get those two back on the right foot. And the bits of adorkable Sunlight were fantastic in each echoing the other. (Gosh, I wonder where Twilight picked up a habit of angrily ranting about short-sighted fools almost hurting her friends...) Lovely addition to the MCU. Good luck in Super Smash Shimmer.

I'm glad Sunset and Flash could work things out. And Sunny and Twily are still just too perfect for each other, and so adorkable to boot.

Honestly, I know a lot of people clamor for FlashSet, but I'm of the opinion that there's far too much emotional baggage between them to ever have a healthy romantic relationship. But, friends is a good level to leave it at. It feels much healthier.

9821906
I mean in terms of canon it really does depend on what the relationship was actually like since we never actually get to see them when they were a couple. I know a lot of people write that Sunset was abusive towards him but it's just as likely Flash got sick of how she treated others and it had nothing to do with how she treated him.

9822020
True. But even if we're just going off of what was said/happens in Rainbow Rocks, we do get a few bits of context. Sunset admits that she didn't actually like him, and was only using him for popularity, which isn't a good foundation for romance. And Flash's own "There's the girl we all love to hate" comment makes me think that there's buried resentment. After all, the Sirens appeared to bring the negative parts of people out, but they had to be there in the first place.

But, that's just my take on things.

A lovely conclusion to a very nice story. Admittedly, while I am a big fan of FlashShimmer, I am also absolutely fine with them just starting anew as friends. Basically, anything to flesh out the character of that blue-haired guitar-playing goof.

It’s good!



I mean, duh, but still!

So apparently somone who worked on the show read this and started recomending it.
https://bevinbrand.tumblr.com

Poor Flash. Alone - still and again. Why People don't like him that much?..

9822054

Yeah, it is easy to infer that Sunset didn't treat Flash well. Flash, like everyone else, held onto that despite Sunset wanting to be better. The Dazzlings just brought those feelings to the surface.


9821906

Well...

The issue is Sunset dated Flash for the wrong reasons: popularity and a plan for conquest.

Now that Sunset has re-evaluated her life, she could easily date him again for the right reasons.

You were a monster, once, Sunset. However, the number of times you've thrown yourself between the world and the monsters proves that you aren't one anymore. I guess people are just smart enough to take you as how you are now, not what you let yourself become once.

I've always been fascinated by Sunset's first Ball Queen picture. She's so genuinely happy about the acceptance the students have given her. I just wonder how different her life may have been if she'd accepted that friendship and returned it.

and plating a kiss squarely on her lips.

Kiss plating, when you want the warm fuzzies to never come off. :pinkiehappy:


Ah, poor Flash. Largely squandered in his foundational appearances, suddenly made interesting in a film that didn't have time to finish exploring him, and then relegated to background character since. That music video was a nice way to send him off, at least, but this was the scene he really needed.


The worst people are the ones who revel in their awfulness and don't do any self-reflection.


I don't refresh fimfic for one day

It was really good. But still disappointing that Flash can't get the girl. That boy deserves some love.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

ghghhghgghgh yes

Entertaining start with Twilight. LOVE how you showcase Sunsets and Twilight's reaction!

Sunset relaxed and laughed, sweeping Twilight into her arms and plating a kiss squarely on her lips. "Better?" she asked.

Huh.???????????
I read that line 3 times to make sure I didn't read it wrong
Y a kiss doh
Better question Y a kiss square on the lips

Now this is the kind of fanfiction I love to read.

Login or register to comment