• Published 26th Oct 2020
  • 467 Views, 5 Comments

Right place at the Wrong Time - Noodlezss



Fluttershy is in an unwell state, and Discord makes it his duty to help her complete her tasks.

  • ...
0
 5
 467

Not too early

It was a quiet, calm morning. The weather was tip-top, and everyone seemed to be in such a good mood. Everyone, including Discord, as he relaxed in his chaotically wonderful dimension. On such a well felt morning, Discord had the bright idea of popping in a visit to his best and closest friend.

He summoned himself to the front door of Fluttershy’s abode. With a bright smile on his face, he leaned his noodle body forward to gently knock on the door. On any other occasion, he’d welcome himself with no biggy. But since it was so early, he didn’t want to come in so abruptly.

As he waited for the mare to answer the door, he fiddled with his lion and eagle claws. There was no answer still. His bright cheery smile began to fade, and he started to ponder to himself. Stroking his beard as he did so.

Discord stared at the door. Just staring. Maybe if he stared long enough she’d open the door right about now. But of course, after minutes of staring and waiting, there was nothing.

A twinge of anxiety crept in the back of his mind.

”That’s strange... Perhaps she’s out running errands? Nah, probably not, not at this hour.” He thought to himself. Each minute feeling like ages. For each moment that passed, his concern grew.

The anxious draconequus defied gravity. Floating in place as he looked left and right, checking to make sure there were no ponies to witness his intruding. A snap and he was inside the home.

As he appeared in the living room of the cozy cottage, he looked around. He scoured for any trace of his friend. But alas, there was no sign of her. Where could she possibly be...

Discord had checked every room but one. The one room he somehow completely forgot about. A room he doesn’t step foot in. Of course, her bedroom. There usually isn’t much need for him to step a claw or hoof into her bedroom. But this time he needed to.

He peeked his head into the staircase that lead to her room, staring. His stomach churning in anxiety, thinking of all the possible scenarios.

Did somepony break in? Surely not. The place looks too tidy to have been scavenged. Or well, it looked tidy before he himself rummaged it around. It L He needed to know if she was alright- She always answers!

“Are you there, Fluttershy?” He whispered into the dark area, the equine dragon awaiting a response. His head dipping just a bit to perk his ears in the direction of the room, trying to listen for any kind of response, a whisper, a sound, anything. A few seconds go by, and he hears a delicate small, but aggressive sneeze. Goodness, was that Fluttershy? He’s got to admit though, it did sound rather...cute, and small like her.

He slithered his almost cartoon like snake-like body up the stair steps. He covertly gazed into the room, glaring to see into the dimly lit area. Surprised was he, to see many animals laying about in his friend’s room. Quietly sitting about, keeping their eyes in the one direction, her bed. It looked like a stream of animals were just dumped all over the floor and bed. Though, in the bed that sat to the left of the room, it looked like a large lump under the blankets that were the size of a pony was there. Discord gave a small smile and called one last time.

“Fluttershy, is that you, dear?” And in that instance, a small ear flinched up from under the covers, perking toward the direction of which Discord had been speaking. The pony sized lump on the bed was in fact Fluttershy. The mare sat up in her bed weakly, but still hid partly under the covers that her animals rested upon.

“Discord?” Fluttershy rubbed her eyes, squinting in the direction of the intruder, soon realizing it was in fact Discord. A small smile spreading across her cheeks.

The draconequus let out a happy squeal as he suddenly appeared next to her bed. Happily putting his hand on her head in greeting.

“Oh Lord of milkshakes, you certainly gave me a scare there for a moment!” He nervously chuckled, ignoring the fact his heart still was racing in his furred chest from the excitement he felt and the pure anxiety he experienced prior. Shoving those fears and unneeded anxiety down, deep down. He’s not vulnerable, especially not in front of Fluttershy. She should know she’s cared for, but not that she’s deeply concerned for over such trivial moments of her absence.

“I’m sorry.” Fluttershy let out a small giggle as she placed her hooves on the eagle claw that rested on her head, gently placing it off her. She looked up at her friend, giving him a weak grin. Though, now that Discord was closer, she seemed quite...sick. Her mane was a bit frazzled, and her nose was a tint of red, along with the newly dark eye-bags that rested under her bright eyes.

Discord gave a disapproving glare at what he was seeing, and not because she had some out of place features. Of course she’s still beautiful in her natural way, but this mare was sick, his friend, and he didn’t even know about it? He placed his lions paw over her forehead for a few seconds before moving it away. A very alarmed and worrisome expression spreading across his face.

“Fluttershy! Oh, dear- Are you sick?” The chaotic lord stared, looking her up in down to confirm what he’s getting at.

The butter colored fur covered pegasus blinked at him a couple times, taking a moment to process his perturbed overall demeanor and exclamation.

“Oh. No, no, I’m fine! It’s only a small fever. I’ll be ah--AH-” Her nose wrinkled up as she squinted her eyes, placing her hoof in front of her muzzle as her mouth gaped. The mare’s sour expression washing over as her defensive speaking was soon interrupted with yet another tiny sneeze. The draconequus backed away a bit, shaking his head.

“Clearly you’re still very much unwell...Hmph, you know if I wasn’t so concerned for your health I’d probably be absolutely aggrieved that you didn’t tell me of your sickly physical state!” He huffed, crossing his arms as he stepped around an animal that sat about. Stubbornly leaning against the clothing dresser that was beside her bed against the wall.

Fluttershy reached for a tissue, holding it close to her and pausing, having thought of what Discord had just dramatically stated.

“I do appreciate that you care for my well being,” The mare blew her nose, tossing the tissue into the bin that sat beside her bed on the other side “but, why’s that you’d be so upset?..”

“Well, for a start, you’re here in an unhealthy plight of ill. While I- your best friend- was incognizant of your state!” He grouched, staring down at the sickly mare. Although he seemed rash in his temper tantrum, there was still a look of pure care and concern for her in his yellow and red eyes.

The Pegasus stared at him blankly before stifling a laugh. She wasn’t laughing because he was upset, but instead at how exaggerated he was in his execution of that concern...Either way, she appreciated it.

“Why are you laughing! I’m sincere of what I pronounce, Fluttershy.” Discord grumbled at the mare who was holding back her chortles. Especially since they were after his explanation that was filled with fret. Of course though, his tone of voice instantly caught her in silence.

“I’m really sorry, Discord. It’s just...I don’t see why you’re so worried! I’m fine, I promise.” The sweet mare leaned against the propped up pillow comfortably.

As he looked down at her, he exhaled in defeat. His shoulders slumping along with his previous scowled expression. Obviously, he can’t argue with such a kind thing.

“Fine, fine. But don’t think that’ll lull my troubling.” He breathed, Not quite upset as he was before, if at all.

“I can assure you that I’m alright...” She smiled warmly, despite feeling cold. Determined to comfort her distressed friend. She’d hug him if she wasn’t- well- sick.


Along that morning, the two friends laughed cheerfully together, enjoying each other’s genuine presence. They spoke of strange stories from past events, bringing up topics of future plans to hang out, as well as laughing about past hang outs. Discord sat afloat in a chair, sipping from his classic upside down tea cup. While as Fluttershy sat gently in her bed, bundled in her blankets. She took delicate sips from her tea, still quite weak.

By now, it was probably late afternoon. Neither of them keeping track of the joy filled morning’s time, until now. The draconequus looked outside, then to a strange looking watch that had magically appeared on his wrist just seconds before.

“My, would you look at the time. Late afternoon and we still have plenty of time,” The lord of chaos took a long sip of his melange, a smug and contented grin hiding behind the cup’s rim as he drank. “Now aren’t you just glad I stopped by real early, hm?”

The mare sighed, trying to catch her breath after the long morning’s hours of laughing and bubbly talks.

“I really am...Thank you. But,” Fluttershy readjusted the way she held the warm cup of tea. " If it isn’t too much trouble, do you think you could-” She paused, seeing in the corner of her eye that Discord was already attentively leaning in, listening to what she had to say, a stilled warm smile creasing his soft fur covered cheeks. She looked away, taking a sip of her soothing beverage before continuing. “-let Twilight know that I won’t be able to make it to the school.”

Discord exhaled, leaning back in the patterned chair that defied gravity.

“Well, as I do wish for this lovely rendezvous to continue, I suppose I’m more than willing to run some errands for my dearest friend. If it is in your command, it is at my will that I accomplish my dear lady’s request.” He disappeared from his chair and reappeared with his claw and hoof to the ground, standing stable. Discord, now starring in a prince-like outfit, gave a humble bow to Fluttershy. This small gesture composed a quiet flattered laugh from the pegasus.

“I shall return.” With that, the Lord of chaos vanished in a cloud of pink smoke, off to complete his “quest”.

Author's Note:

In this chapter, MissKoiFishPony helped with some mistakes I made and a few edits n such. Much thanks to her!! ^^ ♡♡♡♡♡

This chapter was originally written in January of 2019 and was now edited as of October 2020. Hope it runs smoothly. Lemme know what you think! I definitely wanna have some feedback, as I'm actually trying to improve and work on writing fanfics. Something I don't normally do. There is definitely more to come to this little adventure <3 What could possibly go wrong?

Comments ( 5 )

“Oh Lord of milkshakes.

Who is this lord of milkshakes :twilightsheepish:

"I shall return." With that, the Lord of chaos vanished in a cloud of pink smoke, off to complete his "quest".

Discord, the great lord of chaos, shall return to complete his quest your highness :twilightsmile:

It's a little flowery but that is more of a personal preference than an actual issue. Otherwise, it was a nice light and fluffy read

10500424
The lord of milkshakes is the lord of milkshakes :ajsmug: who knows, it could be Discord using himself as a term like that. Honestly think he has an ego enough to do so ! xD but again, I suppose we'll never know. Or will we? :duck:

“Oh Lord of milkshakes,

Haha lol Lord of Milkshakes, this is a good oneXD! I'll have to remember this one;)

So happy to help you, even just a tiny bit, in this great little story of yours^^ <3 Just the kind of story to brighten my day & bring out the warm shipping fuzzies in this Fluttercord loving heart of mine <3 Keep up the good work with your writing, I can't wait to see what you will come up with next:)

It's a cute read, and nicely written. It's nice to come across a fanfic that has been edited. You have some nice descriptions. However, it's pacing is a bit slow at the beginning, especially since your audience already knows that Fluttershy is sick based on your blurb.

Login or register to comment