• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 4,276 Views, 48 Comments

The Hacker - Warden of All



What happens when you create a fictional character that is self-aware and has the ability to do whatever they want in your story.

  • ...
8
 48
 4,276

Another world and new challenges

I walked through the forest with my small army behind me. If it weren't for the fact that I was the most powerful being on this planet, I would be scared of the possibility of being attacked by a hydra, manticore, or something else. But with my powers, I kept the monsters away and afraid of me. But I had to admit, now that nothing was happening, I had time to think, and I had to admit I wanted to see humans again. Over 1,000 years of not seeing another human being, I felt kind of lonely. So I will head back to my world, if only temporarily.

So after we were sufficiently deep into the forest, I snapped my fingers, and a huge swath of the forest became devoid of all trees and wildlife, any hills and mounds flattening out to make even ground. With another snap, a massive castle of black and red patterned stone appeared, easily towering over 3 hundred feet high, and was at least 1,000 feet wide in all directions. I also installed a huge underground system of tunnels, secret passages, traps, and emergency exits and secret entrances. I also added several armories filled with weapons from both this world and my world. Of course I made sure that the ones from my world couldn't be accessed by anyone without my permission. The rest were left unprotected. I then put a illusion spell over the whole castle and the surrounding area that would hide it from anyone far away, but it would be revealed once they got closer. Then I turned to my troops, and after a quick spell so that they wouldn't need to eat or drink to survive, I began to speak.

"Alright boys, I am going back to my world for some time, and I want 10 of you to come with me. The rest of you will stay here until we return, don't leave and capture anyone who comes here, but don't kill them." I told them.

I picked a few of them to come with me, then I created a portal to my world. I was about to step through, but hesitated, it had been over 1,000 years since I saw another human, let alone interacted with one. How will the world have changed over the years? Would I even recognize it? I longed to see other humans again, but was also afraid to do so. I could just summon some, but it would be a cowards way out, and while I am a coward in many ways, I wasn't about to cheat like that. Then I had a brilliant idea. I would just head to the Equestria Girls world through Twilight's portal. It would allow me to interact with humans, but still not the ones I'm used to, so it can prepare me to go back to my world. I grinned at my cleverness, then quickly teleported me and my guards to the mirror portal, and stood in front of it. With one last look at this world, I stepped through with only a little hesitation.

I bet you expect me to say that going through the portal felt at least a little weird, but it didn't in fact, one moment I am in one place, in the next I'm somewhere completely different. I am completely the same, and the Alicorn Amulet was still around my necklace, glowing with it's corrupted magic. I was now wearing a black leather jacket, a red t-shirt, and jeans. Looking around, I saw Canterlot Hight standing proudly in front of me. I checked behind me at the sound of footsteps, and I saw that my minions had successfully crossed over as well. They looked like they had back in equestria, except human, and there swords had actually remained, though their armor had been replaced by bulletproof armor that riot police wore. If I'm honest, I was half tempted to act out a scene like one from Rainbow Six Siege and have my "operators" rappel down the sides of the building, use breaching charges on the windows, and clear the rooms out. But that wouldn't benefit me in the slightest other than amuse me and get a good laugh.

"Alright, stay here and remain out of sight from anyone who comes by, wait for my return." I ordered them.

Though it seemed that no one else was here, curious, so I used my powers to see the date and time. As I expected, a small display popped up in front of me showing me that it is about noon, and that is a Saturday. So no one would be here for today or tomorrow except for any staff, but I figured I could easily sneak by them.

I used my powers to make myself invisible, but when I did, I felt my energy drain, so much so that I felt like I had just sprinted for about 6 miles straight. I collapsed to the ground, and struggled to slow my breathing. The glow from the alicorn amulet had also dimmed significantly, as if it had been drained of energy as well.

I tried to make sense of what was happening, until now I had been able to use my powers however I wanted without feeling even slightly drained, and this perplexed me. I noticed that my strength was slowly returning, as was the glow from the alicorn amulet. Now I think I know what is happening. My powers must be limited in this world, because it relies on Equestrian magic to power itself. In Equestria, there was ambient magic everywhere around me, so I could use my powers with no problem, but in this world, where there was only a few sources of Equestrian magic, my powers struggled to power itself, and since the alicorn amulet was more of an amplifier than an actual source of magic it was quickly drained of it's magic, causing my powers to draw on my own energy. So now I had to think of a way to use my power with more freedom, and that meant tracking down sources of Equestrian magic. Fortunately, there didn't seem to be any shortage of equestrian artifacts that were just dumped here, not to mention the rogue magic leaking over from equestria.

Then I had an amazing idea, one that made me grin evilly and I began to laugh maniacally. I quickly entered the school, using normal magic provided to me by the alicorn amulet to unlock the doors. I quickly saw a map of the school on the wall and using it located the band room and headed for it. Once there I found the Rainboom's music instruments. I picked Twilight's microphone with traces of her magic on it, and from there used that to track it to where she used to spend so much of her time, her room at Crystal Prep. From there I attempted to teleport any notes and diagrams that the she had left behind on how she made her little magic stealing device. To my delight, they appeared in a pile in front of me, though it did leave me even more drained and the Alicorn Amulet was dim again. Looking through them, I realized that I didn't understand most of it. Thinking about it, I had another idea. I would have to be careful about how to execute it, but I think it was possible.

So I gathered up the notes and exited the school. My minions were still standing in front of the portal waiting for me. Knowing we would need a base of some sorts, I walked past them and gestured for them to follow. I began to think of what the requirements for this base would be. Slightly remote and isolated, or at least inconspicuous, large enough to fit a lab or workshop of sorts, as well as store any vehicles we get our hands on, plus space for sleeping. A factory or warehouse seemed to be the best bet then, as cliche as that is. Unless...

A few hours later I was the proud owner of a small company that made small guns and ammo, mostly hand guns but also a few hunting rifles, as well as a brand new warehouse. How did I get the money for this you ask? Who ever said I used money? I could have just killed the heads of the company and blackmailed the rest into giving me the position, then used money I "borrowed" from their reserve to buy the warehouse. Or I could have just teleported a literal ton of money and dumped it on the their heads to buy the company and warehouse? Only I know, and I ain't telling any of you. ( And no, the author doesn't know either, as I made the decision completely independent of him and kept him from finding out. Oh don't give me that look! Your the one who gave me the ability to give myself any abilities I want! I'll be as meta as I want, and I'll smash the fourth wall so many times it will not even exist when I'm around if I want! Just hope that I don't team up with Pinkie Pie and Deadpool, or no wall will be safe.)

Anyway, the warehouse was very large, and had two floors on top of that. I would set up living quarters upstairs and everything else would be downstairs. It also came with lights that you can adjust the brightness of, a lot of empty space, and only a few windows, and those were small. I quickly covered those windows with concrete to keep snipers from shooting through them or anyone from seeing inside. Then I began to set up the rest of the place so I would be prepared for the later stages of my plan.

On Monday

I never thought I would be glad to be at school so early, but it was necessary if I wanted my plan to work. I needed a way to get close to Sunset and the others if I wanted to get more power. I had also prepared a special device using what little magic I had access to help myself out in the long run. I was now wearing a suit and tie and my hair was combed and neat. I even had a golden watch and a briefcase. I looked quite professional and important. I also cast an illusion spell that gave a different face to hide my identity. I walked in through the doors and made my way towards the principals office. As I expected, I found Principal Celestia working on some paperwork. She looked up at me in surprise when I walked in and stood up.

"Hello, I am Principal Celestia. How may I help you?" She asked politely, though with a hint of curiosity.

"Nice to meet you Principal Celestia, my name is Lucas Turner. I have come on the behalf of the Manehattan Research Institute. It has come to our attention that certain...events have been occurring here. According to what we have been able to discern about this "magic" that has been running rampant, it seems to follow a certain group of students here. Wherever they go, something strange happens." I told her.

She kept a neutral face and took a moment to answer.

"I am afraid you are mistaken, sure strange things have happened here, but saying it is magic sounds strange don't you think?" She asked carefully.

"Unless someone created a way to control weather and plants in impossible ways, and give others some sort of energy weapons and object manipulation devices, magic is the best explanation. If that is the case, then maybe I should call the FBI right now and have you, your sister, those girls and anyone associated with you all arrested and interrogated." I responded casually, causing her to visibly pale, even through her white skin.

"A deadly and violent storm appears out of nowhere, then disappears. A strange egotistical demoness appears in a mall, a camp counselor gains power over plant life. Not to mention what has happened here during the Fall Formal and the Friendship Games. I am here to monitor these girls, not closely mind you, not watching them in their own homes, but observe them in the community. The CIA and FBI have taken an interest as well, but we managed to convince them to let us lead this effort, in order to keep this from becoming a full blown privacy invasion. Not to mention there is no telling what would happen should they decide to..."examine" the girls and their abilities more closely." I continued.

I almost laughed at the amount of bullshit I was saying, but I managed to hide behind my illusion.

"In order to easily keep them under observation I will act as a substitute teacher for the computer science class. I am aware that the normal teacher is sick, so I can just step in for the usual substitute. Now if you know what is good for you and those you care for, you will not tell anyone else about this, or else." I threatened.

She nodded quickly, fear clearly etched on her face. Then I handed her a small phone.

"Keep this on you at all times, it can detect any unknown magic signatures, so if it starts beeping, use it to track down whatever it is detecting, and if possible retrieve it and keep it safe for me. Call me using the phone and I will come and collect it. Make sure to search some of the more obscure parts of town just in case. Now if you will excuse me, I will now take my leave. Good day." I finished with a wave, before exiting her office.

The rest of the day went without a hitch, I taught computer science since it was my favorite subject in school, and the one I did best at. I wasn't very experienced with teaching though and was amateurish at best, but I think this will just add to my disguise as just another substitute teacher, about as harmless as a fly. Good thing that this class was a required course, which allowed me to keep track of each of my targets. They even shared the same class together at the last period of the day. I discreetly kept an eye on them the whole time, and none of them were aware of my gaze except Sunset Shimmer, who seemed to get the feeling I was watching her, but every time she looked at me, I turned my attention to the laptop in front of me or one of the other students.

Sunset meanwhile got the impression that something was up with their substitute teacher, but she couldn't figure out what. When the bell finally rang, I knew I needed to start looking for more sources of power, the Alicorn Amulet was a very limited source considering it is more of an amplifier than an actual source of power. But where to start? I thought about the device I had given principal Celestia, and knew it wouldn't be enough. Besides, there was no way that all of the artifacts from Equestria were in this city and surrounding area. I needed a larger device, one that could find every source of Equestrian magic in the world. But in order to create such a device, I would need more power, which meant I would need at least a few more artifacts before I made it.

Thinking about what to do next I remembered what my original plan had been, before I discovered that I couldn't easily use my powers in this world. I used what power I did have to track a few certain gems, finding some of their pieces to be right where I expected them, but the rest were much further away, and it would be difficult to reach them. For now, I went to a certain music stage near the school and in a trash can behind the stage I found them, and used levitation to pull them out. Fortunately the trash can hadn't been used that much, so they didn't even smell that bad. Storing the fragments in a small bag before moving on. I decided my best bet would be to travel around town using my powers to send out short distance pulses to search for any Equestrian magic.

I groaned, knowing that it would probably take a while, but knew it was necessary. Sadly, even after hours of searching, I couldn't find a single artifact, and was about to give up. I had just marked off another area on a map I had found, showing that even though I had searched almost a third of the city I had found nothing, before realizing something that made me facepalm at my own stupidity. I hadn't even thought to check the museum! Surely there would be something there.

Sure enough, when I got in range and sent out another pulse, I found not one, but two sources of magic, and both seemed to have considerable power, one much more so than the other. Looking at the old building, I noticed that it was closed, but that wasn't about to stop me. If I had my full powers, I could just teleport myself into there, or the artifacts to me, but I couldn't make such teleportations safely, maybe I could teleport something clearly in front of me, but even that would be difficult, especially if I was teleporting it from somewhere I didn't see. But it wouldn't hurt to try. I concentrated on teleporting the items, only to find that their presence basically didn't exist to teleportation magic. Scanning them again, it seemed that they were immune to being moved with magic at all, not even telekinesis. Technically my powers weren't really magic, but I was using them to give myself the ability to use normal magic since I didn't have the strength to use my powers directly.

Looks like a good old fashioned robbery was in order. I could just get in tomorrow and make off with them, but I want a bit more flare and action to it. I quickly made my way back to my warehouse and grabbed a revolver I had custom made for me, and with a large amount of concentration managed to teleport 15 M16 assault rifles, 8 packages of C4, 6 grenades, and even a heavy MG that could be mounted on a truck. Teleporting general items from anywhere close by was considerably easier than teleporting a specific item, for their was much more room for error since it would work with any items of the type I wanted. Now thoroughly exhausted, I collapsed on my bed for a good nights sleep. Despite this, I managed to grin as I thought about my plan, and how it was already coming together.

Author's Note:

By the way, red text will be the main character talking directly to the author or readers for here on out, any blue text will be the author responding. (I feel like it's a great idea to do that!) (Dear god, what have I created?) Also, that bit about the Alicorn Amulet being more of an amplifier? While it gave Trixie some pretty powerful magic, it seems more it focuses and concentrates magic, much like the Crystal Heart with love. Plus, considering how it changes ones magic to red, it seems more like it is changing their magic directly rather that just add to it. But that's just my opinion, let me know in the comments what you think! Also, if your wondering why I don't just go back to Equestria to take things from there, that's too easy! I want a challenge, and it would be boring if I could just instantly do anything I want! And yes, I'm aware that I was basically doing just that in Equestria, but I was slightly drunk on power at that moment, not exactly completely mentally stable, plus I wanted my introduction to be dramatic and badass.

Comments ( 17 )

Is he gonna interact with the comments?

Him making his robbery flashy is just gonna get him found out quicker

10124661
No. Yes. (Sigh) What am I going to do with you?

10124875
Maybe so, but I love action and drama(plus I can always wear a mask to hide my identity, so no one can trace it back to me).

10125064
True, but be sure to wear gloves so you dont leave finger prints

10125099
Why not just follow the MIB procedure, they practically leave no fingerprints so who needs to wear glove?

Comment posted by 3-tap deleted Mar 11th, 2020

(reads description) You get a more sane version of Deadpool.

How long is this story is going to take and it takes so long and I like this story please make more chapter

Please make more chapter

More chapter please

He should meet up with the sirens, (maybe I missed that part of it was added), think about it, now that would make an interesting next chapter, keep it up!

When the next chapter?

Login or register to comment