• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 4,312 Views, 48 Comments

The Hacker - Warden of All



What happens when you create a fictional character that is self-aware and has the ability to do whatever they want in your story.

  • ...
8
 48
 4,312

Chapter 3 (couldn't think of a name)

Lieutenant Bright Dawn had been having a good day, until a unicorn guard had run into the barracks panting like he had just run across Canterlot and was looking quite panicked. Bright Dawn quickly approached him, wondering why he was so panicked.

"What is wrong?" He asked his fellow guard.

He took a moment to catch his breath before answering.

"My squad and the captain had heard reports of a creature attack and injure two guards, it was at a bar, the one near the train station, and I stayed outside while the rest entered to confront the creature. I heard fighting, and several guards were thrown through the walls, looking badly injured. I looked through the hole they made and saw several guards were on the ground bleeding or unconscious. I immediately ran here as fast as I could. They may need help." He told his unicorn commander frantically.

Several other guards had approached when the frantic unicorn had entered, and after hearing this, they immediately began demanding that they should save the captain. Bright Dawn held up a hoof to silence them, his blue eyes looking each of them in the eye.

"Anyone who wishes to accompany me on this mission, raise your hoof." He said loudly.

Almost every pony raised their hoof, which brought a smile to the commanders face at his soldiers bravery. Then he singled out one unicorn who hadn't raised his hoof, and beckoned him forward. The unicorn nervously approached his commander, wondering if he was going to be ridiculed or punished for not volunteering.

"You are to report this what has happened to Princess Celestia, she needs to know a dangerous creature is in the city, and that we are moving to capture or kill it." He ordered the surprised, and grateful stallion.

He immediately ran out the door and towards the palace, intent on making it there as fast as possible. Every pony else began to don their armor and grab their weapons. Then they marched out of the barracks in formation. After a few minutes, they arrived at the bar to see a strange bipedal creature exit. They could immediately tell that this was what they were looking for, because if the menacing swords weren't enough of an indication, the blood on it's clothes further confirmed their suspicions. The unicorns charged their horns, ready to launch a volley of spells at it at a moments notice and the rest prepared their spears. The pegasi took flight as well, flying above the formation with their weapons at the ready.

Meanwhile

Princess Celestia was sitting on her throne relaxed, relieved to have a short break from day court, and the nobles constantly trying to further their own agendas at the cost of others. But her break was short lived, as a guard rushed into the room, and she immediately noticed the urgent look in his eyes. He approached the throne and was about to bow, but she held up a hoof to stop him. She waited patiently as he took a deep breath before giving her his message.

"Your highness, I have message from Lieutenant Bright Dawn. A guard ran into the barracks saying that a mysterious creature had attacked and injured several other guards, possibly including the captain, after they received reports of the same creature attacking and injuring two other guards. The lieutenant and several dozen guards are moving to investigate as we speak, but I have a bad feeling they are in trouble. Now I have full confidence in the abilities in them all, but if this creature can beat the captain and several other guards, they may not stand a chance." He informed her.

Celestia considered this, and she realized that he was probably right. superior numbers or not, if this creature turned out to be the next big villain, they wouldn't stand a chance. She grabbed a scroll and quill in her magical grasp, and began to write a letter. Then she sent it away with burst of fire, watching the smoke go out the window.

"Put the guard on full alert, and find Lieutenant Bright Dawn and the other guards, make sure they are alright." She ordered.

The guard saluted, then ran out of the throne room. Celestia sighed wearily, thinking about everything that has happened in the last few years. More was happening now than had in the first few years of Equestria, when she and Luna had united the pony tribes as one. Not only had all of the villains from then returned, but several new ones had appeared as well, Discord was reformed, two new alicorns had been crowned, and so much more. After a thousand years of peace, it was all quite sudden. Though she had been expecting a lot of change when she took Twilight as her student. She could tell from the beginning that she was special, a unicorn whose caliber she had not seen since Starswirl. She knew from the very beginning that she would attract attention, both good and bad, and bring change. She just hadn't been expecting this much to happen all at once.

Meanwhile

I decided it was time to have some real fun with my god powers, and I always wanted to know what it was like to have certain magical artifacts from the show. I raised my hand as a black orb crackling with green energy formed on my hand, growing in size until exploding, the shockwave shoving the guards back a few inches, but they remained standing. They all looked at me and gasped in shock. Now floating in my hand was none other than the Alicorn Amulet itself. I levitated it in front of my eyes and examined it. I had to admit, it was very cool looking, and while yes I didn't need it to wipe the floor with these guards, I wanted to see how well I could fight with only Equestrian magic instead of my powers. This though also gave me an idea to visit a certain dimension and bring back a recently defeated trio of villains. The look on everyone's faces would be priceless when three formerly feared villains are returned at full power. But for now, I am going to wipe the floor with these idiots. I placed the amulet around my neck and clasped it shut. I'd say that it was like a commercial for a new product you'll notice the difference immediately! I felt powerful magic surge through my body as the amulet began to glow a blood red color.

The guards knew what the amulet was, mostly because of Trixie using it. News of events like that travel far and wide at a fast pace. They remembered hearing about the things Trixie had done using the amulet, and really didn't want to be anywhere near it or it's wearer, but they had sworn an oath to protect, and leaving this monster in the city unchallenged could very well sign the death warrants of many.

The unicorns fired a volley of spells at me, and I grinned evilly. I raised my hand and a wall of black crystals shot from the ground in front of me, blocking the spells. Then I shattered the wall into dozens of pieces and shot the shards at guards. The unicorns quickly summoned a shield in front of them and their comrades, blocking the volley of deadly projectiles. I charged forward with my swords dragging on the ground behind me, sending sparks into the air. The guards charged me as well, but I was not about to let them reach me unscathed. With a flick of my wrist, a wave of black magic shot out from my hand and enveloped about of them, causing them to freeze in place. Their eyes turned green and their pupils red, with purple smoke pouring out of them as my magic took control of their bodies and minds. With a mental command, they all lined up in formation in front of me. I grinned as I began to formulate a plan in my mind and with another order, I turned and walked towards the city gates while two thirds of my forces marched behind me while the others began to move towards the palace.

As they did so, the former lieutenant Bright Dawn began to change. Shadows began to seep off of him as he marched in front of the group, which began to cover his entire body, until he was completely concealed. With a small explosion, he burst free completely different. His formerly blue eyes were now blood red slits that seemed to glow with a solid light. His white fur had turned to mostly black with spots of red that looked like fresh blood stains. His hooves were dark blue, and his mane and tail were now black with red stripes moving through them, and were blowing in an unseen breeze. His armor was now red with golden stripes along its edges, and it had a harsher, more serious look to it. It also had spikes along the edges and was at least 3 inches thicker than before. He had also grown noticeably, as he was now a few inches taller than Luna, but still not even close to Celestia. His sword he had wielded had also changed from a rather bland short sword to a larger dragon bone sword glowing blue with a magic draining enchantment. He also now wielded a spear with a point also made of dragon bone and a sheathed dragon bone dagger both with frost enchantments that would add a biting cold to any successful hit. (Note: the sword and dagger are from the game Skyrim, just look it up for images and the spear is just a normal spear but with a black shaft and the head is the same material as the other two weapons.)

The same changes occurred to the armor of the others, but without the golden stripes. There fur also became black and or dark gray. Their weapons remained mostly the same, but received enchantments that made them sharper, more durable, and lighter. They also became inlaid with silver should they encounter any thestral guards. Of course, that may not do anything, but heck if I know what affects them. Oh? Your confused as to how I was just talking directly to you right there? Ever heard of fourth wall breaking? I have, and i've decided, why not give myself that power? Alright, the author wants me to give him control of his computer back, and I guess I owe him since he created me after all. On with the story! They happened to come across a group of guards that had been ordered to check on what had happened to the guards who had moved to engage the creature as they hadn't reported in. Those guards were understandably shocked at seeing the group of menacing looking soldiers in black armor in front of them. Before any of them could react though, the mind controlled unicorns shot a volley of spells at them, knocking them all unconscious. The formation continued to march towards the palace, leaving the injured guards laying on the ground.

Meanwhile

Celestia was sitting on her throne looking calm, but inside she was slightly anxious, worried for the safety of her little ponies. Then with a flash, Twilight Sparkle, Spike, and her friends appeared.

"Princess Celestia! We came as fast as we could! What happened, is every pony okay!?" Twilight asked frantically.

Celestia silenced her fellow princess with a raised hoof before she began to explain.

"A guard reported that some sort of creature attacked and injured several guards, and that more of them moved to fight it, but they haven't reported back yet, and I fear that something has happened to them. I can barely keep this from reaching the nobility. If they find out that several dozen guards have been potentially overcome by yet another enemy, they can use it to expand their influence to my guard, one of the few things they have failed to gain control over. I need you all to go find out what happened to the guards and defeat this creature if necessary." She told the group.

Don't worry princess. You can count on us." Applejack said confidently.

"Yeah, we'll kick that things sorry butt!" Rainbow Dash declared.

"But how can you do that if you can't even understand his powers? It's time for a reality check that you all really need." A deep voice spoke.

The door to the throne room burst open, and in came the pony formerly known as Bright Dawn. He looked over at the gathered ponies, then he chuckled to himself.

"Well? Are you just going to stand there or are you going to do something? If you can't even get up the courage to fight me, then things are even more hopeless for you than I thought." He taunted.

Rainbow Dash, infuriated by this, took flight and charged at him. Just as she reached him, he grabbed her and spun her around at blinding speeds before launching her back at her friends, who weren't able to react in time to avoid her and she crashed into them all. They quickly recovered and stood back up as the stallion pulled out his sword.

"I don't know who you are, but no one hurts my little ponies and gets away with it!" Celestia declared angrily, standing up and approaching him.

"Why Celestia, I'm surprised you don't recognize one of your lieutenants." He responded smugly.

She looked at him closer, and for a brief moment, his original face was there, before returning back to the evil and corrupted form.

"Lieutenant Bright Dawn?" Celestia gasped in shock.

"I am no longer that weakling, I am now Bloody Night, and I will destroy you all in the name of my master." He declared before charging towards her with his sword.

She quickly dodged to the side and tried to blast him with magic, but he blocked it with a blood red shield. He then swung his sword at her, which she blocked with her own shield. She noticed that the drain on her magic was considerably more than it should be, but she didn't have any time to think about that as Bloody Night pulled out his dagger and tried to stab her, forcing her to summon another shield. He backed off to try again, then he noticed the the others were glowing as they began to charge their rainbow laser beam. He grinned as he came up with an idea.

"Do you know what my sword and dagger blades are made of? Dragon bone. Harvested straight from the corpse of a killed dragon. Forged to create blades not only sharp, but strong and heavy as well." He stated in a casual tone, holding the weapons for every pony and dragon to see.

Every one gasped in shock, with Fluttershy and Spike looking like they were going to be sick, while the others looked horrified. Even Celestia visibly blanched at this. Taking advantage of their shock, he charged at the biggest threat to him, Twilight Sparkle. He crossed the distance in a blink of an eye and raised his sword to strike her down, but suddenly completely froze. Everyone present tensed, prepared for a trick, but he didn't move an inch, he didn't even blink.

"Now's our chance girls!" Twilight shouted as she and her friends began to levitate off the ground, glowing bright. Even now, Bloody Night didn't move. Then the friendship powered laser beam that had saved Equestria on many occasions was released, and it hit it's mark. There was a bright flash, and everyone had to shield their eyes from it. When everyone looked back, they were shocked to see Bloody Night still standing. His armor was in tatters, his weapons blasted across the room, and a black smoke rising from his skin. He was breathing heavily, and was struggling to stand. Then he chuckled darkly.

"Nice shot. You know, I almost got you, but master doesn't wish for you to die. In fact he only wants Celestia and Luna dead for the most part, but if others die while trying to stop him, he won't care. It is by his will that you are still alive Twilight Sparkle, and it is by his will that I still stand before you. Fortunately, even though I will fall, master will win, for no one in this world can match his powers. One way or another, you will lose." He rasped, before collapsing, armor disintegrating and the black in his fur melting away, leaving lieutenant Bright Dawn laying unconscious on the ground.

Suddenly, the dragon bone weapons began to glow red, and levitated off the ground. Everyone tensed up, prepared for them to attack or something. Instead, they flew out through one of the windows, quickly disappearing into the distance. What caught Twilight's attention was the direction they were headed.

"Their heading to the Everfree forest! That must be where whoever is behind this is hiding!" She exclaimed.

"Twilight, you and your friends must be careful, if he is capable of mind controlling others and corrupting them with dark magic, there is no telling what else he is capable of." Celestia warned.

"Don't worry princess, we've fought powerful enemies before, and we have won every time, and we'll do it again." Rainbow Dash said.

"I still wish to send guards to protect Ponyville should he attack." Celestia told them, and they agreed.

And with that, they said goodbye and teleported back to Ponyville. It was getting late, so they all went home to rest up before they had to fight yet another villain.

Author's Note:

Please leave your comments down below and let me know about any mistakes I made.