• Published 3rd Sep 2019
  • 4,309 Views, 48 Comments

The Hacker - Warden of All



What happens when you create a fictional character that is self-aware and has the ability to do whatever they want in your story.

  • ...
8
 48
 4,309

Hacking, challenges, rewards, and mistakes

My name is Carl, and this is how I ended up in Equestria with powers I never dreamed of. The day had started out pretty normally for me, I woke up, ate breakfast, and got on my computer. I didn't actually have a job, but I had other ways to get money. You see, I was a hacker, and frequently would hack into small banks and take small amounts of money from them. I had even hacked a few large banks and stolen a very large amount of money from each. When I was bored, I would play a multiplayer game, and try to win. If someone ticked me off though, I would use hacks to make their game a living hell. Whether those hacks made me overpowered so I could kill them, or they would be made weaker so me or my teammates could kill them. I would also frequently join a multiplayer Minecraft server and have immense fun using hacks to troll the other players. Whether it be turning a players house into TNT, or using OP swords and bows to one-shot enemies before they even realize I was there. If an admin banned me, I would blackmail them with some information I gained through hacking, or bribe them with a considerable amount of money to get them to unban me.

Today, I was going to hack another small bank, then I noticed something in my recommendations. It was titled "Try to hack me". I was of course, curious, so I clicked on it. I was not worried about other hackers or viruses, because I had the best anti-virus software I could get my hands on, plus my skill as a hacker could help me as well. The website gave me a series of codes and locks that I needed to hack into the games files and code to get the combinations for. I easily got through the first few, then I actually had to focus a little to get through the firewalls and other defenses.

As the difficulty increased more and more. I had an idea. Hackers aren't supposed to play by the rules, so instead of hacking into the files and codes to get to the next level, I hacked into the system that moved me to the next level, and after getting through the toughest defenses and firewalls I had ever encountered, I made it through, but it was only a small window, that was rapidly closing. I had needed to use several of my best viruses I had ever made, w=ones I had made to infiltrate huge banks in order to do this, but I managed it. In hindsight, I shouldn't have done this, because the site could have been watched by someone who could track me down. But I was overconfident in my programs and VPN's that made me appear three times over in every country in the world.

This may sound unrealistic to you, but with good enough hacking skills, you can make VPN's act how you want, and with the stolen money, and fake ID's, I was able to get ahold of a bunch of them. I quickly used my window, and skipped every level ahead of me to the very end. I was rewarded with a black screen, then slowly, I heard clapping that seemed to come from all around me.

"Amazing job. You are the first one who has ever been able to figure out how to beat my game. Most hackers don't think outside the box like that. I like you, as well as a certain other person in another universe you don't know, but are closely connected to. So I will give you powers the likes of which can make you almost unbeatable. Do with them what you want." A voice from my computer said.

Before I could respond, my computer began to glow, and after a bright flash, I lost consciousness.

I woke up and blearily opened my eyes. My entire body ached, and I tried to stand, only to stop as my vision swam and blurred, and I felt like I was about to puke. I felt like I had been drinking hard last night, but this worse than any hangover I had ever experienced. Then I noticed that I was laying on grass, not my bed. I wasn't that surprised, considering how much I must have drank last night. After a few minutes, my vision had returned to normal, and I no longer felt like I was about to puke my guts out. Looking around, I noticed that the colors seemed...off. They were to bright, to...cartoony. I tried to remember what happened, then it hit me like a truck. The game. The voice. The bright flash. It all came back to me. I began to panic, then I took a deep breath and thought about my situation. I realized that this sounded suspiciously like a Displaced story. Yes, I read My Little Pony fanfictions, so what? The show itself was ok in my opinion, but it was the villains and the fanfictions that I truly enjoyed about the franchise.

Examining my surroundings more, I noticed that I was in a clearing surrounded by trees, and I wondered where I was.

"I'm probably in the Everfree forest, since more than half of the Displaced start up here. So I need to figure out my powers before I get mauled by Timberwolves." I said to myself.

Suddenly, a book appeared in front of me. It was titled How to hack, Displaced edition. I chuckled at the joke, before realization hit me. How to hack? Were my abilities hacking? I began to grin, thinking of the possibilities of such an ability. I opened the book, and began to read. I was surprised by how easy the book said it was. All I had to do was imagine the Minecraft text box appearing in front of me, then "type" in the commands. Apparently, I could give myself any item or ability from anything, from video games, science fiction, movies, and otherwise. I immediately did so, and the text box appeared.

I debated what to do first, and eventually settled on flight. Then I gave myself the ability to transfer any damage I take into a health bar. Looking at said bar, I saw I only had about 150 health. I decided to fix that, by giving myself 10,000 health. Then I gave myself a daedric sword from Skyirm. I had always wanted to have one of these, mostly because it was badass looking. Thinking about what I was going to do, I decided to go troll the princess's that is when I realized something. Where was I in the timeline? Was I somewhere during the events of the show? Or was I sometime before or after? I decided to find out, so I flew towards The Castle of the Two Sisters at speeds that would make Rainbow Dash jealous. After a few seconds, I realized that I didn't know which way to go. So I used my cheats to teleport there, but I got an error message. I was confused, so I tried again, but the same error popped up again. Then I realized that it must not exist yet, which put me at least during Discord's rule, before Celestia and Luna defeated him. This was even better, because messing with Discord is even better than Celestia and Luna, and I can mess with them later on anyway. I teleported to Ponyville, and found Discord napping on his throne. (Ponyville looks like it did when Discord escaped in the show) I decided to give him the biggest wake up call in the world. I quickly turned his throne and the ground around it into TNT, which I then lit with a flint and steel and backed away very quickly. After a few seconds, a large explosion engulfed Discord. The smoke cleared to reveal a very startled looking Discord floating in the middle of a cater, before falling to the bottom. He stood and dusted himself off. He looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"How rude. I was taking a nap you know. And if you wanted to see me, you could have knocked." He lectured.

"Knock on what?" I asked, how could I not.

A door that looked to be made of solid diamond appeared in front of me. I walked around it, and grinned evilly, thinking of what else I could do. I made sure that I had immunity to Discord's chaos magic, so he couldn't mess with me right back. I then increased gravity to 1,000 Equis's normal gravity right where Discord was standing. He immediately collapsed, flattening like a pancake. Then I reversed that gravity so he got pulled up instead of down. As he struggled to escape, I negated his chaos powers completely, and waited until he was in space before making the gravity act normally again, causing him to plummet to the ground like a meteor. The impact probably would have done significant damage to town, had I not placed a barrier around the impact zone, negating any damage that would have been caused.

He struggled to regain his bearings, but I gave him no chance. I turned his wings into ice cream, and his legs into gel-o. I then stood over him triumphantly.

"Sorry buddy, but there is a new god in town, and there is only room for one. Don't worry, I won't hurt any pony, maybe." I chuckled.

"Is that so? Well we can't let you do that." A familiar female voice spoke behind me.

"Oh shit." I thought.

I turned to see none other than Celestia and Luna standing there, and with the Elements of Harmony! I tried to calm down, I didn't have to worry, the villains in the show never tried to dodge the rainbow cannon, so it should be as simple as dodging. But I should at least try to talk my way out of this first.

"Now hold on you two, I was only kidding! i would never hurt any pony! I was just trying to make myself look cool. The only time some pony would actually get hurt is when they made me angry, but I wouldn't kill them or anything." I tried to explain.

They ignored me and the Elements began to glow. I prepared to dodge at the last second, but then someone grabbed me from behind. I saw a lion's paw and an eagle claw on my chest, and I realized that Discord was trying to look for some last moment revenge. I lost focus long enough for the rainbow laser to strike me, and in my panicked state, I didn't use any commands or cheats to reverse the process. In seconds, both me and Discord were encased in stone.

Author's Note:

I intentionally made this character overpowered. Please let me know what you think of the story so far. Also, you can suggest any hacks or commands you think he should use, including anything he could summon from any game, movie, or otherwise. I have plenty of ideas myself, so I don't need it necessarily, but I wouldn't mind.