• Published 31st Aug 2019
  • 2,770 Views, 92 Comments

Romantic...Other Worlds? - TheHardie-Boy



After meeting an admittedly attractive unicorn from another world, Jake decides to see this world

  • ...
9
 92
 2,770

A reluctant agreement

I walked through the halls in a brisk fashion. I was steamed at Twilight for not at least mentioning that she had access to a human world.

I thought of a few possibilities as to why she didn’t tell me, but they kept turning out worse than the last. There was just no excuse for this.

I rounded a few corners and found my way to the Map Room, which was empty. I retraced my steps until I found myself in the kitchen, where Spike was attempting to make dinner.

“Hey, Spike, have you seen Twilight anywhere?” I asked, trying to hold my temper in front of the dragon.

“Not since I got back from Guys’ Night. Discord got carried away and summoned a bunch of real skeletons the Twilight and Princess Luna had to clean it up. Best guess, she’s in the library,” Spike answered.

I shook my head. “No, I was just there with Sunset.”

Spike tilted his head. “Sunset Shimmer? She’s here?”

“Oh yeah, she’s probably still in the library if you wanna say hi. Anyhow, I gotta go find Twilight,” I said, turning toward the door to see Starlight had walked in.

“Twilight? Umm, she’s on her way to go scream at Sunset in the library,” she said, wincing.

I facepalmed. “Of course she is.”


Sunset ran through the halls, trying to find Jake.

“Why does this castle have to be so big?” Sunset said to no-one in particular.

She wandered for a few more minutes until she somehow wound up back in the library.

“Oh, who am I kidding?” she said aloud, hopping onto the couch and lying down.

A few minutes later, the door to the library shot open, startling Sunset enough to knock her off the couch.

“There you are!” said the angry voice of Twilight Sparkle.

“Oh hey, Twilight. Jake was just looking for-“ Sunset started to say.

“What do you think you’re doing here?!” Twilight cut off. “First Flash Sentry, and now you try to steal Jake too?!”

Sunset rolled her eyes and groaned. “For the millionth time, I. Don’t. Like. Flash! We’re just friends! And I’m not trying to steal Jake from you either!”

“Then why do you keep coming over to see him?!” Twilight asked.

“What is the big deal? You already share him with another mare,” Sunset countered.

Twilight took a deep breath and rubbed her forehead. “The big deal is that...*sigh* I don’t know, okay? But I still want to know why you keep coming over to see him!”

“I like him, okay? I came over to...to ask him if he extend what you and Starlight have with him to me. Starlight was okay with it,” Sunset admitted.

“Wait, Starlight was okay with this?” Twilight asked, confused.

“Yeah, don’t ask why,” Sunset answered.

Just then, the door to the library swung open again, startling both mares.

“Twilight, good, you’re here. We need to talk. Now!” Jake said, angrily.

“Jake, what’s going on?” Twilight asked.

“Just...sit down!” Jake ordered.

Twilight quickly and quietly did as Jake told.

Jake brought up a chair to sit across from Twilight. Sunset stood to the side of the couch.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you had access to a human world?” Jake asked, the fury in his voice ever-so present.

A few beads of sweat rolled down Twilight’s face. “I-I didn’t think it was important.”

Jake rolled his eyes. “Please. You expect me to believe that you never even thought that I might like to see another human after not seeing one of my kind in over four years?!”

It was at this time that Spike and Starlight entered the library and stood beside Sunset.

“I-I thought you were okay with your life in Equestria,” Twilight stuttered.

Jake let out a sigh. “I am, really. But I still can’t help feeling...misplaced. My life here, with you, is amazing, but still...imagine being stuck in another world where you were the only one of your kind. You’d get lonely too, even if you did have a lot of friends.”

Twilight tried to respond as a tears rolled down her face.

“Now, seriously,” Jake said, much more calmly. “Why didn’t you tell me about your portal? I won’t judge you.”

Twilight looked away from Jake as more tears ran down her face. “I-I didn’t tell you about the portal because...because I-I didn’t w-want repeat o-of what happened two years ago,” Twilight admitted.

Jake felt a twinge of sympathy for Twilight. He got up and took her in a deep hug. “That’s completely understandable. But it still hurts that you felt like you need to hide this from me. You don’t have to worry about me leaving you again, you got that?” Jake demonstrated his point by giving her a kiss on the forehead.

Twilight looked up at Jake with teary eyes. “I-I’m sorry, Jake.”

“It’s okay, you were scared and you had every right to be.” Jake looked at Sunset. “But...I would like to see this world.”

“Really?” Twilight asked, rubbing the tears out of her eyes.

“Just for a week. Don’t worry, I won’t put you through before, I promise,” Jake said.

“This kinda reminds me of me and Sunburst,” Starlight mumbled.

“What do-you know what, story for another day,” Sunset said, waving her hoof at Starlight.

Twilight sniffled a few times before getting off the couch. “Well...if you want to go see Sunset’s world...I guess I can’t stop you.”

Sunset gave a little squeak of excitement, earning her mixed looks from everyone in the room. “Sorry.”

Spike gave a yawn and stretched his arms. “Well, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m gonna hit the hay.”

Starlight put a hoof to her mouth and yawned as well. “Same here. See you all in the morning.”

Sunset and Twilight looked up at me. “So...” Sunset began.

“I’m gonna stay here tonight and come over to your world tomorrow. You go ahead and go back for now, and I’ll see you tomorrow,” Jake said.

“Alright. See you tomorrow,” Sunset said, leaving the library.

Twilight and I were left alone. There was an awkward silence throughout the library.

“So...” Twilight said, breaking the silence. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” Jake replied.

Twilight rubbed her right forehoof with her left forehoof. “Sunset said something about extending our herd to her and that Starlight was okay with it.”

“Yeah?”

“A-Are you okay with it?” Twilight asked.

Jake looked away form his marefriend. He knew this question was coming, but he wasn’t really sure how to answer it.

“W-Well...I told Sunset I would be happy to bring her into the herd, but I’m still not sure to be honest. I kinda suggested that I spend a week in her world as kind of like a trial of some sort,” Jake admitted, rubbing the back of his head.

“O-Oh,” Twilight said.

“I-Is that okay?” Jake asked.

“I-I guess. I mean, I already share you with Starlight, but...I guess it’s gonna be lonely without you here, now that we’re, you know...” Twilight explained.

Jake knelt down and cupped Twilight’s cheeks. “Listen to me. No matter what happens between me and Sunset, you will always be in my heart. I love you, and nothing can change that.”

Twilight wrapped her hooves around Jake as the two of them hugged.

The hug lasted for a few seconds before Jake stood up. “Come on, it’s your night with me. Let’s make it a good one.”

Author's Note:

Hey guys,
Here’s chapter four of the story. Jake will be going to Sunset’s world in the next chapter, so look forward to that