• Published 31st Aug 2019
  • 872 Views, 15 Comments

I Will Wait - lLoveRainbowDash



Twilight is leaving Ponyville and all of her friends on the same day as Rainbow Dash was going to confess her love to Twilight.

  • ...
5
 15
 872

Chapter 5 - Boredom

Rainbow was lying on a cloud she had put together high above Ponyville. Being up so high, and away from everypony else, helped her think.

She sighed, What to do...

She then saw Fluttershy down at her cottage.

Eh, I guess I’ll go see if she needs help.

With that, Rainbow jumped off of the cloud, gliding down towards the cottage. As she drew nearer, she noticed Fluttershy was watering a patch of flowers.

“Hey, Fluttershy,” Rainbow greeted as she set hoof on the ground.

“Oh, hi, Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy responded.

Rainbow was quiet. She didn’t know what to say, or where to begin.

After a few quiet moments, Fluttershy spoke, “Is everything alright?”

Rainbow looked up, and saw the yellow pegasus looking back at her. Her teal eyes gleamed in the sunlight.

“A-are you kidding? Everything is perfectly fine! I was uh... just wondering if you needed any help, that’s all.”

“Oh, thank you for the offer, Rainbow, but... I was just finishing up. Would you like to come inside?”

Rainbow closed her eyes, then responded, “No thanks, Fluttershy, I’ll be on my way now. See ya.” She turned and walked down the small trail back to Ponyville.

Maybe Rarity needs some help... She thought.

Rainbow spread her wings and jumped into the air, taking flight. She flew around a few small clouds that dotted the bright blue sky. Her eyes scanned the ground below, searching for the boutique Rarity lived in. It wasn’t long before she found it. She quickly darted down to it.

She raised a hoof up to the door, but stopped halfway. I’m gonna regret this... she thought.

Rainbow winced as she quickly knocked on the purple door. She stepped back, waiting for the other pony to open the door.

“Yes?” Rarity said as she pulled the door open. “How can I help you, Rainbow Dash?”

Rainbow stared at the pony in front of her. Her purple mane was as pretty as ever, and her inquisitive blue gaze was focused on her, awaiting her response.

“I was wondering if you needed help with anything.”

“Thank you, Rainbow Dash, but I think I’m quite alright.”

“Oh... well, see you later, I guess.” Without another word, Rainbow turned and flew off. Instead of going up towards the clouds, she went straight to Sweet Apple Acres.

She landed before walking up to the door to the house. Before she could knock, the door suddenly swung open, with two ponies carrying a large crate.

“Hey, Rainbow. Need somethin’?” Applejack asked.

“I was... wondering... if you needed help with anything.”

“Well, can ya grab that other crate inside and bring it out here?”

“Yup!” Rainbow jumped up and darted inside. She looked around the room, and saw the crate. She grabbed the crate and began flying it out of the door.

“Thanks, Rainbow. Just place it down here,” Applejack said, pointing towards a spot on the ground next to the other crate.

Rainbow carefully placed the crate down on the ground. “Anything else?”

“Uh, no. We’ll take it from here. Thanks though.”

“No problem. What’s in those crates, anyway?” Rainbow asked.

“Oh, just some supplies to fix up the barn. There’s some wood in there on the back wall that is rottin’. It can break easily if we don’t do anythin’ about it,” Applejack answered.

“You sure you don’t want my help? Sounds like it could go a bit faster if I help,” Rainbow said, grinning.

“You really wanna help that bad? Tell ya what, you come back later, and you can help repaint it. But we got the rebuilding part covered, alright?”

“Deal!” With that, Rainbow flew off, grinning wildly.

To pass the time, I’ll go see if Pinkie Pie needs any help with anything.

Before Rainbow could dive down towards Sugarcube Corner, she noticed a pink pony bouncing away from it.

“Pinkie, wait!” Rainbow dove down, landing right next to the pink pony.

“Oh, hey, Rainbow Dash! What do you need?” Pinkie asked.

“I just wanted to know if you needed help with anything,” Rainbow replied.

“No, I’m not really doing anything right now.”

“Oh, that’s okay. I’ll just go take a nap then. See ya!” Rainbow flew up towards the sky. She searched around for a cloud that would stay fluffy for a while as she slept on it. Just then, she spotted the perfect one. She dashed towards it.

As she set hoof on the cloud, she noticed where she was. Just below her was a purple castle that towered above Ponyville. That castle was also vacant. The perfect pony that lived inside... was gone.

Rainbow hesitated to lay down, but eventually gave in. She curled up, preparing to fall asleep for a little while.

I wonder what Twilight is doing right now.


Rainbow opened her eyes, blinking a few times to clear her vision. It was sometime in the evening. Just then, she remembered what she was supposed to be doing.

She jumped up from the cloud and dashed towards Sweet Apple Acres, hoping she wasn’t too late.

As she reached Sweet Apple Acres, she saw that Applejack was already painting. She touched down nearby.

“Sorry I’m late, I was taking a nap,” Rainbow said, wincing.

“Late would be a way to put it, we... just finished,” Applejack said.

“Yup,” Big Mac agreed while setting down painting supplies.

“I-is... is there anything else... you needed help with?” Rainbow asked, lowering her head down.

“Not that I can think of, sorry, Rainbow.”

“See you later, AJ. I’m gonna go... do something.”

“See ya.”

Rainbow Dash closed her eyes as she slowly walked away from the other ponies. She walked down the trail towards the gate, her head still hung low.

Ponies would have said that she was crying, but she would’ve defended herself by claiming it’s just allergies... in Autumn. There was no way that the Rainbow Dash was crying. She was too cool for that.

Get it together! I can’t cry! There’s no such thing as crying when it comes to me!

Rainbow sniffled.

“Rainbow Dash? What are you do—Are you crying?” a small pony asked, accompanied by two other small ponies.

“Huh? Wha—No! I-I’m not crying! I-it’s... just allergies!” Rainbow responded. She quickly wiped off the tears that fell down her cheeks. “What are you doing here, anyway?”

“Well, me and Sweetie Belle were going to drop Applebloom off at her house,” Scootaloo answered.

“Oh...” Rainbow managed.

“Yeah, I’m supposed to be home soon,” Applebloom said.

“Same. I think Rarity needs me to do something,” Sweetie Belle agreed.

“See you later, Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo shouted, walking with the other two small ponies down the trail that led straight to Sweet Apple Acres.

“Y-yeah, see you later,” Rainbow said, her words gradually growing ever so quieter.

Dang it! I almost got caught crying! That was way too close. How did they sneak up on me that easily, anyway?

As Rainbow resumed her walk down the trail, she looked back towards the three small ponies. She sighed.

Must be fun... to have all of your best friends around.

Rainbow hadn’t noticed, but she was walking right towards a tree. As she looked back forward again, she walked right into rough bark of the tree. She stood there a moment with one hoof on the tree and her eyes closed. She sighed again.

Nopony saw that... right?

She opened one eye, looking around to see if anypony saw what she did. When she saw that nopony was around, she stepped back.

Why am I so... soft?! Just because Twilight left, doesn’t mean I need to be all... mushy for her!

Rainbow took flight, heading towards the closest cloud she could find. She landed softly on the cloud. She laid back against it, looking up into the sky.

I am so bored.

Rainbow relaxed a little, sighing once again. The smooth, cool air of the evening sky felt... comforting. The stars of the night sky were slowly fading into view. The sun was ever so slowly dipping below the horizon, leaving amazing colours to fight for their place in the sky.

I... I wish it wasn’t so hard to see her leave; it’s tearing me apart.

Rainbow rolled over onto her side. The faint glow of the town’s lights below her emanated up into the sky.

Twilight is so perfect. She’s smart. She’s... beautiful. And she’s... awesome. She’s got everything, and I have nothing. I’m dumb. I’m... well, I am pretty cool. Rainbow smirked. I don’t think I’m... beautiful... that’s for ponies like Twilight. Me? I’m more of an awesome pony, rather than beautiful.

Rainbow shifted on the cloud to lay on her back again.

Being up so high really helps one to think about things. Rainbow yawned. And help them sleep.

She shifted back to her side, letting sleep take over.