• Published 27th Aug 2019
  • 1,538 Views, 43 Comments

The filly of the copper mane - Maulet Paya



The story of a creature of a distant world and her new live and body en Equestria

  • ...
5
 43
 1,538

Chapter IV :The toast and the tea

Verdun

Verdun

VERDUN

"WHAT!" I shouted. There was no one in the room. I looked around confused until I recognized where I was, letting out a small sigh of relief. I pulled away the blanket that covered me and fixed my eyes on the ceiling. The previous day had been very intense, dying and appearing in a strange world inhabited by colorful creatures tired a lot, especially when i was now one of them. The night before, after spending half an hour trying to use the bathroom, Octavia told me where I was going to sleep that night. It was a small room on the second floor that looked like it hadn't been used in years. It only had a bed, a table and its chair and an old closet. The moonlight entered through a triangular window that I had not seen before from the outside. I did not have time to do much more that day because the moment I lay in bed I fell asleep.

I spent several minutes watching the ceiling lying on the bed, thinking what I was going to do now. I could stay with Octavia and the other creature, they have been very kind to me and they look like good people, besides they are very cute together. I could also run away, but I don't know nothing of this world and would surely end up dead in some stupid and painful way, this time at all. And of course i didn't want to cause Octavia problems with his government. Surely the papers she filled out in the hospital legally obliged her to take care of me. ”It is incredible how quickly I matter of anyone who treats me minimally well”.I thought to myself as I jumped out of bed ..

Then I realized that someone had left something on the table. It was a small plate with a toast with jam on top and a glass filled with a yellowish liquid. That was not the only thing that had changed in the room. In front of my window was a rectangular wooden chest, large enough for me to get inside, and on top of the chest a small piano next to some blank sheets and pencils. Curiously approaching the piano, I played a small melody with my hooves to find out if it worked:
DO DO do sol
Yep, it works perfectly. It is bad that nobody here will catch the reference” I had always been a man, now a woman, with a somewhat bizarre humor and if before people barely just caught some of my jokes now it was an impossible task. But I didn't care, while I laughed. Besides, my best jokes were so beasts, absurd and complicated to understand that I only told them to myself. If someone had given me an escut every time someone had looked at me weird when they saw me start laughing out loud for apparently no reason I would have had ... Many escuts.

I left the piano in place and sat in the chair for breakfast. Using my two hooves as if they were tweezers, I brought the toast to my mouth and took a bite. I did not identify the taste of the jam, but it was very sweet. While I devoured what was left of toast I thought about what things Sepharad and this world shared. As alien as this place seemed to me, there were many familiar things around me, both from my time and from the past of my homeworld. The same type of furniture, the same musical writing system, the same instruments, similar fauna and flora and more things I didn't know how to put into words. "Hopefully this world has static games, I don't want to spoil all the hours invested in perfecting my Super Smash Sisters skills"

I finished the toast and drank the contents of the glass slowly, savoring it. I didn't know what it was, but it was delicious. After breakfast was over, I turned my gaze to the sheets of paper next to the piano and I came up with an idea. With a little effort I managed to place the sheets and some pencils on the table using my mouth. My goal was to learn to take things with my hooves and what better practice than to try to write. I put my right hoof on top of a pencil and tried to lift it, failing miserably. I tried again by squeezing the hoof around the pencil, but this time I managed to lift it a little before it fell again. After quite a few attempts I finally got the pencil with enough force and precision to write some letters on the paper. I smiled watching the proof of my victory , the first 4 letters of the Cerctean alphabet. The letter was not very pretty but it wasn't that I was a calligraphist when I had hands. My hooves were much more flexible than they seemed but I was sure that they possess some kind of magic to be able to catch things.

I sighed admitting my defeat. As much as I had trouble admitting it, this world had magic. That I could take an object with the flat surface of a hoof myself was proof of this, not counting telekinesis and flying creatures. And I had the impression that that was only a tiny part of everything this world has to offer. If I kept trying to explain all the impossible things that I had been using my knowledge in biology, physics and chemistry, I would end up going crazy. And I only had simple knowledge of those subjects, my studies of guardian had focused on engineering, mechanics, history and languages.

A huge snoring took me out of my thoughts. The surprise of hearing something so scandalous when I was carrying all morning with just the sound of birds singing at dawn made me fall from the chair Luckily for me there was not much distance between the chair and the floor. Quickly recovering from the surprise I stood up and waited for something to happen. Another snore rang throughout the house, this time even louder. The sound came from outside the room, so I went out into the hall to find out its origin exact. I followed the snoring to a room at the end of the hall and opened the door. Inside was BlueHair asleep like a groundhog, lying on the bed in a rather awkward posture. I had to contain me to not let out a laugh. The room was exactly like mine but with everything purple, lots of photos and concert posters on the walls and a bedside table. On the table were the glasses of red lenses that Bluehair wore yesterday and something that looked like earmuffs.

I left the room leaving the sleeping beauty with her dreams and I went to the only room on the first floor that I had not yet looked at and I deduced that it should be Octavia's room. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I stuck my ear to the door in case I heard Octavia sleeping inside but I didn't hear anything. I walked down the stairs and Octavia wasn't on the ground floor either. "Surely she will have gone to work" .If she had not made me breakfast I would have run out of food until she returned or BlueHair woke up, because I did not reach any drawer in the kitchen to get food. I had forgotten that part of the experience of being a child is that you are small and you need adults to help you get high place stuff. I jumped on the couch and lay down looking at the ceiling for a few minutes until I said,
"And now what do I do?"

--------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --------------

Octavia looked at the streets of Ponyville sitting at one of the SugarCube Corner tables while slowly drinking a cup of hot tea. It was still early in the morning but the pastry shop was full of ponies who came to buy breakfast before starting their workday. Pinkie Pie had stayed with her to talk about a party in which Pinkie needed more elegant music than usual. Unfortunately, last night the twin sons of the Cakes had given Mrs.Cake much more work than usual and had barely slept. That meant that Pinkie Pie had to work with Mr. Cake in the store in the morning so that Mrs. Cake could have a few hours of sleep. Now Octavia had to wait for Pinkie to finish working and although normally she wouldn't mind having to wait a little today she had reason to hurry. When she had left the house the little blue pegasus was still sleeping and Octavia would have liked to finish this little meeting as soon as possible so that when the filly woke up she was at home and not alone with the only Vinyl Scratch snoring company.
"Hi Octavia, what a surprise to see you here so early in the morning." Octavia turned her head to see the smiling face of her old friend Lyra heading towards her.
"Good morning Lyra, do you want to sit down?" Octavia brought her a chair to sit next to her. After the turquoise unicorn took a seat Octavia asked:
"Why are you surprised to see me here at this time?.
"I've known you since we were neighbors in Canterlot, I know that by this time in the morning you would normally be practicing with the cello already. ”Lyra gave a little chuckle.
“ You know I started practicing so early in the morning just because your parents asked me to wake you up in the morning.? ”
“ That explains a lot of things. ”
“ Vinyl is much harder to awaken”Octavia added, looking back at the ponies that came and went down the street, now with a sad look in her face.
After a few seconds of silence, Lyra spoke in a more serious and lower tone, as if she did not want anyone else besides Octavia to hear her
"You haven't told her yet?"
Octavia didn't move, her eyes still fixed on the street. Seeing that Octavia said nothing, Lyra continued, "You are only hurting yourself by delaying the inevitable"
Octavia knew, but could not tell her. She had come so far in their friendship to destroy everything in the end. And she didn't know if she could survive if Vinyl told her she didn't love her too.

Author's Note:

Hi. Sorry for the late update.My initial plan was to update a chapter every day but im afraid i cant take that ritm of work. I expect i can make at least 3 chapters o four for week but the next 2 weeks is the festivities of my homeland and the start of a new scholar year.If i dont update you know now the cause, hehe.



And yes, the piano song is a Undertale reference.