• Published 27th Aug 2019
  • 438 Views, 1 Comments

Letters - Wind Scribe



A series of letters that Twilight receives in the wake of the Conduit event as she and the rest of Equestria return to a sense of normalcy.

  • ...
1
 1
 438

Salutations

Salutations, dear Twilight,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. We have much to discuss and catch up on, but my duties to Equestria as Princess of the Night burdens me with much less time for myself. I am at least glad I had the opportunity to send you an informal correspondence such as this one. Please be sure to send my regards to the rest of the element bearers, and may good fortune find you all.

I’d also like to extend my gratitude to your fair township for once again playing host for myself on Nightmare Night. I don’t wish to disparage Shade Hollow, or Dodge City, nor their residents, but Ponyville has been my most favorite place to celebrate that most auspicious occasion, played in no small part of Miss Applejack and her family’s confectioneries, and Miss Pinkie Pie’s eccentricities. Although, I believe my favorite part of the night is seeing the bright and happy faces of the foals beneath their varied costumes as they, too, enjoy the night themselves.

As you are no doubt aware, reconstruction of Canterlot is progressing steadily. Although much was damaged, and some had lost their homes, life is returning to the capitol. It also seems that the Royal Research Wing has produced an abundance of new innovations, thanks to the technology left behind from Sam’s world. The ‘radio’ is certainly a delight to listen to while I am in my private chambers. If I remember correctly, my sister had mentioned that your own research from your time with Sam played an important role in some of these innovations.

I’m sorry if my mentioning of his name has stirred up old emotions, but I’m sure he is happy to be back among his companions. And so, too, should we be happy for him in this regard, along with the time that we did have with him among us. It saddened me deeply to see him go, and I would be called a liar if I said I didn’t want him to stay, even for just a little longer. Wherever he may be, we can rest assured that we will not let his memory be forgotten. We owe a great debt to him after all.

It is about time to begin my duties, so I must go. We, my sister and I, hope to hear from you once more when time allows. Again, we hope this letter is sent in good tidings, and that your future looks as bright as a full moon’s glow.

May the stars watch over you,

Princess Luna, Sovereign of the Moon