• Published 1st Aug 2020
  • 12,718 Views, 1,879 Comments

Equestria Girls: A Fairly Odd Friendship - redandready45



For her next challenge, Sunset Shimmer must babysit an average kid who no one understands.

  • ...
40
 1,879
 12,718

PreviousChapters Next
Sneak Peek for the Sequel!

Author's Note:

To all my loyal readers, here is proof that I am neither dead nor is the Fairly Odd Friendship series.

I apologize for the late delivery of my story. Personal issues and writer's block have held me back, as well as anxiety over the quality of my work. While I have been slower in my work than I would like to, my gratitude to all of you who took the time to read and review and my love for both franchises and the belief that they deserved better motivates me to keep going.

I want to be clear that the sequel, Equestria Girls: Journey to the Mind of Timmy Turner, is coming to fruition and will be out within the next week or so. So as an apology for taking too long, here is a sneak peek.

As they prepared for their next outing, The Turner parents asked their essential questions so that he knew how to stay safe in their absence.

"What do you when the zoning board asks about the addition to the garage?"

"Lie."

"And if the gardener asks for her pay?"

"Threaten to call immigration."

"And what are Child Services."

"Evil"

"Good," Mr. Turner said with a smile. Just then, a knock was heard on the door. Mrs. Turner opened it and saw Sunset standing at the door patiently. The former unicorn saw Timmy's parents dressed in tourist attire while wearing several cameras.

"Sunset," Mrs. Turner greeted the fire-haired girl, gesturing her to come inside, "Thanks for taking Timmy off our hands for a whole week."

The Canterlot teenager looked at Mrs. Turner with confusion and suspicion. "I thought he would stay at my place for three days-"

"No take-backsies," Mr. Turner interrupted quickly before throwing Timmy at Sunset like a hot potato. The two parents started to run out of the house, only for Sunset to block them.

"Isn't there something you are forgetting," Sunset said with strained patience while gesturing to the small ten-year-old boy still standing in the living room. "The most important thing in your lives."

A sheepish smile appeared on Mrs. Turner's face as she looked in Timmy's direction. "Why Sunset, you're right. It was foolish to have forgotten the most important thing in my life." Sunset smiled proudly when she saw Mrs. Turner about to give her son a pat on the head.

Only for her hand to reach behind Timmy and toward a nightstand behind him and grab a pair of keys.

"My keys!" Mrs. Turner chirped happily. "I can't think of anything more dear to me than them." She said, seemingly ignorant of her son's presence, before running out of the house, much to Sunset's dismay. The high school student looked at Mr. Turner with a pleading expression.

"Isn't there something you want to tell your son, Mr. Turner?" Sunset asked, almost gritting her teeth. "Something that starts with 'I' and ends with 'love you'."

Mr. Turner stared blankly at Sunset before the realization came to him. "You're right, Sunset." He turned his attention to his only son. "Timmy, I love you..." Sunset smiled warmly, expecting a heartwarming moment between father and son.

Only for Mr. Turner to throw many cleaning supplies at the buck-toothed boy. "I'd love you...to clean the toilets, son." Before Sunset could respond, Mr. Turner left the house with a short goodbye. "Watching our son for free and giving me a phonics lesson," Mr. Turner gushed as he entered the driver's seat of his car, impressed with Sunset's skillset. "What a good egg."

Had Mr. Turner been paying attention, he would have seen Sunset glaring at the Turner parents, clenching her fists and shaking. "Uhh, Sunset," Timmy said uneasily, noticing his potential babysitter's rage. "Are you OK?"

"Am I OK!?" Sunset asked incredulously, turning back to her charge. "How can I be OK when they treat you like that!?"

"Like what?" Timmy asked. Sunset was shocked by how nonchalantly the brown-haired boy phrased the question. Did his parents ditch him so often that he wasn't at all phased by it anymore? Was his parents not being there the only thing he could count on nowadays?

"Nothing," Sunset said solemnly, deciding that talking to Timmy about his less-than-ideal parental relationships when he already had enough problems wasn't the wisest decision, "let's just...go."

PreviousChapters Next