• Published 1st Aug 2020
  • 12,697 Views, 1,879 Comments

Equestria Girls: A Fairly Odd Friendship - redandready45



For her next challenge, Sunset Shimmer must babysit an average kid who no one understands.

  • ...
40
 1,879
 12,697

PreviousChapters Next
Looking for Reinforcements

It was mid-morning when the Dazzlings returned to the factory floor. They smiled when they saw their goal had apparently been achieved.

Cosmo and Wanda's eyes glowed a sickly green and they laid still in a daze. Showing that the two had been put under their spell. With a satisfied smile, Adagio shut off the music.

"Yay," Sonata said cheerfully. "The fairies are ours now." Sonata pushed a button, releasing the shackles that bound them. She then extended her arm to remove the net, only to be blocked by her eldest sister.

"Ah, ah, ah Sonata," Adagio admonished her younger sister. "We can't just let them out of the net willy-nilly."

"Yeah doofus," Aria muttered with a roll of her eyes, "they could be faking for all we now."

Adagio got in front of the fairies, her eyes hungry and full of desire, as she tested whether or not the fairies were under their control. "Who do you serve?" Adagio asked, her eyes glowing a bright red.

"You Princess Adagio," Wanda said in a monotone voice, sounding like a mindless puppet.

"We obey you, Princess Fuzzhead," Cosmo said in a zombie-like voice

Adagio's smile grew wider. "Let's prove it, shall we?"

"Cosmo," Aria asked." I order you to punch yourself in the face."

Cosmo proceeded to do so. "Ow," he said over and over again. "Is this to your liking-ow!-Princess Pigtails McGee?"

Aria's grin was that of a shark. "Definitely."

"Oh, oh me next," Sonata said excitedly bouncing over to the trapped fairies. "Wanda, I order you to do the nag dance." She then added, "Pretty please with sugar, and cherries, and a marshmallow on top?"

"Of course, Princess Sonata." Wanda started dancing. "You nag it to the left, you nag it to the right, come on everybody do the nag tonight," she sang.

Sonata started cheerfully clapping, like a kid watching a puppet show, much to the consternation of her two older sisters.

"Repeat after me," Adagio uttered with a stern glare. "Adagio is the prettiest creature around."

"Adagio is the prettiest creature around," the two brainwashed fairies parroted.

"We serve you and your sisters only."

"We serve you and your sisters only."

"We will do your bidding."

"We will do your bidding."

"Grant you your hearts' desire."

"Grant you your hearts' desire."

Adagio smiled and tented her fingers together.

"Excellent."

"Excellent," the two fairies repeated.

"Things have gone according to plan."

"Things have gone according to plan."

Adagio became slightly annoyed with them parroting everything she said. "OK," Adagio said with some forced patience ,"that's enough."

"OK, that's enough."

"Stop it."

"Stop it."

Adagio became increasingly annoyed. "Stop repeating what I say!"

"Stop repeating what I say!"

"Silence!"

"Silence!"

Adagio, out of patience, stormed up to the fairies and grabbed them both by their shirts, staring at them with glowing red eyes.

"I, your Princess, do decree that, you my faithful servants must oblige me and...SHUT YOUR PIEHOLES!" The two fairies clamped up, simply looking at Adagio with dazed smiles.

"Good." Secure that the two fairies were under her spell, Adagio removed the net, and handed the two fairies their wands.

"Now that that has been settled," Adagio said with tired exhaustion, "I wish all of Canterlot and Dimmsdale were under our spell-,"

"And we could have tacos for lunch," Sonata interrupted.

"And I had some new workout equipment," Aria added.

"And that stuff too," Adagio said with slight annoyance. The two fairies raised their wands, much to the excitement of the three sirens.

"At last", Adagio thought with a gleeful smile. This was it. No more scraping the world for small snacks. No more living like one of these pathetic apes. Soon, she and her sisters would have the power to rule this world. First Canterlot, then Dimmsdale, then this entire world would come to adore them. It was what they had been entitled to from the very beginning. They had been taught that powerful spellcasters like them have a right to rule over the lesser creatures, after all.

No, this world would be privileged to have beings like herself and her sisters guiding them.

Time slowed as their ultimate victory approached.

Sonata squeed as their wands began lighting up. Adagio and Aria barely suppressed one, instead clenching their fists in excitement as-

The wands let out a strange raspberry noise, and did nothing. The sirens stood in shock for a few moments.

"What happened?" Aria muttered with anger. "We said 'I wish'. Isn't that how it works?"

"Yeah," Sonata whined. "Why didn't I get any tacos?"

Adagio snarled and stormed over to the fairies, grabbing them by their shirts to her face.

"What did you do?!" Adagio growled. The two fairies just continued staring at her obliviously, unable to seemingly comprehend the anger in Adagio's voice. "Answer me!"

"Uh, I think you ordered them to shut their pie holes," Aria said with a sly smile.

Adagio raged for a few moments, before taking a breath to calm down. "I order you to answer me," she commanded.

"We're sorry, your Fluffy Haired-ness," the brainwashed Cosmo commented.

"We're having trouble with the rules, Your Majesty," the brainwashed Wanda said, poofing up a copy of the Da Rules and opening to a certain page.

"Gimme that," Adagio said, snatching the book away from them. Adagio looked over the section." 'Fairy Godparents can only grant wishes to their assigned...godchild?!' STUPID RULES!" Adagio angrily threw the book against the wall and glared at the two fairies. "You knew about this didn't you!" Adagio accused the pink-hair fairy.

"You didn't ask, your majesty!" Wanda said with a wide smile. Adagio continued to fume with rage, until her eyes widened and she started chuckling sinisterly.

"What are you laughing at?" Aria asked her older sister with some frustration. "Did you look in the mirror?"

"No girls," Adagio said. "They said they need the boy who grants wishes." She turned to look at her sisters. "Who is that by again?"

Aria and Sonata thought for a few moments and smiled.

"The brat is useful to us after all," Aria expressed in surprise.

"We just have to find the boy, put him under our spell, and the magic is ours!" Adagio said with a clenched fist.

Despite this small setback, the Dazzlings saw victory in their sights.


The bus pulled up to the Turner residence. Timmy climbed out of it, his hood down. He noticed the car was absent and realized his parents weren't there. He worried about them and how they were doing. He put aside his anxiety as he prepared to approach the house. As soon as he put a foot on the grass, an alarm blared and a massive laser erupted from the roof of the house.

"Security system activated," the voice blared. "Burglar, prepare to be vaporized in three, two-"

"Wait, wait, it's me, Timmy!" The laser retracted. Timmy let out a sigh of relief.

Only for an even bigger laser to emerge from the roof.

"Timmy, prepare to be vaporized in three. two,"

TImmy yelled and dove out of the way, just in time to avoid being vaporized. A massive, smoking crater formed where he stood.

Timmy was upset by what happened, until he remembered his parents had been brainwashed into hating him.

"It isn't their fault," he said to himself. "But how am I suppose to get into the house?" Timmy asked himself with frustration.


"Intruder," the security blared as a newcomer stepped onto the lawn. "Identify yourself or prepare to be vaporized in three two..."

"I am...Timmy Turnador," Timmy declared in a faux-Mexican accent. He wore the elaborate disguised of a single-brown mustache on his face. "I am, how you say, gardener." He smiled as he prepared to sweeten the deal. "And since I am undocumented, you can pay me below minimum wage."

The laser immediately retraced into the house and the front door swung open.

"Welcome," the voice said happily.

Timmy ran inside. He first went to his room and opened his secret chest underneath his bed.

He opened it, and took out a photo album labeled "Cosmo, Wanda, and Me". He poured over the pictures with a combination of wistfulness and strength.

"Don't worry you guys," Timmy said, hugging the book to his chest tightly. "I'll save you, and wish for everything to go back to normal." He put the book away, began scouring his room for supplies, and emptying them into his red backpack.


Timmy opened the door, a confident smile on his face.

"I got everything I need and not single thing went wrong," Timmy said as he stepped out of the door onto the lawn, only for his moustache to get caught on the door.

The laser emerged from the house again, blaring at him. Timmy felt his face and shook with horror.

"Vistor," the voice warned, "you accidentally left your mustache at the door." A metallic hand protruded from the door, grabbed his fake mustache, and returned it to him.

"Ah, gracias," TImmy muttered in disbelief. "Who knew a security system set up by my parents could be so clueless." Timmy's eyes widened. "Wait, that makes perfect sense," Timmy muttered in disappointment.


Timmy got off the bus at Dimmsdale Elementary. He saw his classmates gathering around some kind of effigy.

To his horror, Timmy realized the effigy they were burning was...

"I'm so glad that Timmy is finally gone," a hypnotized Chester said as he threw more logs into a bonfire that was burning an dummy that looked like Timmy, with all his facial features exaggerated.

"But I couldn't throw out these precious memories from our time with Timmy," AJ said with what sounded like remorse, holding of a box of them.

Timmy smiled.

"Then throw them into the fire," one kid asked.

"Right. Worthless gifts from a worthless friend are scientifically proven to be good kindling," AJ said blissfully, tossing the momentos into the fire, making it burn brighter.

Timmy frowned.

"HOORAY!" The other kids chorus.

"That's horrible," Timmy commented. "My teeth are way too big on that dummy," Timmy said with anger. "Stealing my fairies is one thing. Making my friends and family hate me is another thing. But misrepresenting my teeth. That's when those dumb sea monsters have crossed the line!" Timmy pulled down his hoodie and charged into the school with clenched fists.

He ran past the voices of people who hated him, remembering that they didn't mean it. It was those sea monsters and their evil magic that made everyone hate him.

After walking the halls for a few moments, Timmy approached a certain locker. Most would assume it was an average locker. But Timmy knew better.

"To the Crocker Cave," Timmy said, opening it. Timmy had a pretty simple solution: go the Crocker gave, steal some of his crazy teacher's gadgets, use them to track Cosmo and Wanda, defeat the Dazzlings, and wish everything was back to normal.

Timmy screamed as he was suck through the tube. He fell on the floor of Crocker's lab with a cry, missing the mattress.

Timmy chuckled with joy, until he realized the Crocker Cave was in a state of ruin. Everything, from the electronics, to the weapons, to the control panels had been utterly destroyed. Timmy noticed that many of the weapons had been stolen, and what remained was broken junk.

"What?" Timmy said with dismay. "How did this happen?" Timmy noticed one working screen, that based off its position in the corner, and with a small curtain above it, was made somewhat conspicuous.

Timmy's jaw dropped when he saw what happened.

Crocker had lured the Dazzlings here, they knocked him out, stole his equipment, and trashed the place.

Adagio used some weird red singing magic to blow away the control panels.

Aria crudely destroyed the equipment with a sledgehammer.

Sonata had done the most evil thing of all:

Stole snacks from a nearby fridge. Mostly shrimp puffs though. Gross.

Eventually, the video became static, showing the Dazzlings destroyed the security cameras too.

Timmy fell to the ground in a daze. What could he do?

Timmy thought he was smart, if academically behind boy. Whenever evil came his way, something would come across it. But he realized the truth: he was lucky.

He was used to dealing with complete idiots. People who were dumb enough to shout their plans to the sky.

But the sirens weren't idiots. They were smart. They covered all their tracks. Even managing to trick Crocker and make sure he couldn't get in the way.

They even made sure Timmy had nothing to stop them or even find them. No fairies, no friends, no fairy hunting equipment.

He couldn't go back to those Canterlot jerks. They never were his friends. They only liked him because they had too. He knew deep down they would never forgive him for turning them into worms. Sunset, who almost acted like a sister to him, had called him a dumb twerp. It's probably what she thought all along.

Just like Vicky.

Just like everyone in his life, besides his fairies, that claimed to like him, but were really using him.

Timmy was about to cry when he heard someone else yell.

It was Crocker. He was coming to the cave. Timmy took cover under some broken desk.

The hunchbacked nutcase fell to the ground with a yell, somehow missing the mattress.

"Those fools," Crocker muttered, beginning one of his trademark tirades, "they think they could trick me did they?! But they won't bring me down! I'll pay them back for backstabbing me and capture Turner's... FAIRY GODPARENTS!"

"The guy doesn't know when to quit, does he," Timmy commented quietly and with disdain.

"They may have destroyed my lab," Crocker declared dramatically, picking up some of the destroyed equipment. "But little do they know, or anyone else for that matter, that I have a secret lab in my very bedroom."

Timmy's eyes widened with hope.

"From this seed of failure will spring force the flower of opportunity. Opportunity to avenge myself and continue my plans for world domination!" Ending his theatrics, Crocker took his equipment with a hopeful smile and left his lab with a somewhat uneven gait, his leg still not having fully healed from the fall.

Timmy's hand fell into his chin, a sly smile on his face.


"Hurry up," Crocker ordered as he opened his totally-not-suspicious black van.

Crocker was being supervised by a nurse after the combination of his fall and his brutal beating by that white-haired miscreant. She was a large middle-aged woman in her 40s with a stout and muscular body, long brown hair, and tired brown eyes. She was currently carrying his broken equipment.

"Why do I pay you for!" Crocker declared. While he and the nurse were distracted, Timmy leapt into the van and camouflaged himself with a black blanket.

"You don't pay me," the nurse declared with a tired, jaded voice. "I am paid for by the state, which provides you medical benefits as a public school teacher."

A spiteful smile appeared on Crocker's face. "I love it when I can bilk the taxpayer with my wild schemes."

Timmy smiled. "This is perfect. Nothing could possibly go wrong," Timmy declared.

"Is there anything else you need?" The emotionally drained woman asked as she placed the doodads in the back of the van.

"Just to collect my other belongings."

A fearful frown formed on Timmy's face. "Belongings?" He asked anxiously.

"What?" The snide woman asked.

"Just a few things," the bespectacled loon muttered.

"Phew!" Timmy muttered.

"A few large things!" Crocker bellowed. "Like my mother's newly retuned, one ton Steinway Grand Piano."

The super strong nurse tossed the piano into the van, painfully striking Timmy, who swallowed a yell of pain.

"An authentic sculpture of a porcupine, made with real quills." The object hit Timmy, puncturing his skin painfully. Timmy went red trying to suppress the pain.

"My newly fixed antique iron stove." The heavy metal object slammed into Timmy like a car.

"I think I have a bruise," Timmy muttered quietly, feeling a throbbing pain form on his lower back.

"And finally..." Crocker declared. "A basketball."

"That isn't so bad," Timmy uttered.

"Made from pure lead that if it struck someone at high speed., it could rupture bone morrow."

"No, no," Timmy begged quietly, only for the metal ball to strike him on his body. "Ow, my marrow!"

"That is all," Crocker said to the brawny woman. "Now begone!" He declared to the frustrated woman.

"Believe or not, your not even the worst patient I've had to deal with," the woman muttered as she walked away. "Does my life reek."

Crocker slammed the door and stumbled his way to the car. He was about to turn the ignition when suddenly he narrowed his eyes.

"Wait a minute!" Crocker said angrily, looking at his rearview mirror.

Timmy started panicking.

"Forgot to check my mirror," Crocker said cheerfully. "Must not ignore road safety." With that done, he turned on his engine and drove away.

Timmy let out a sigh of relief, only to be painfully bumped around.

"From now on," Timmy declared quietly in a small daze. "I always wear my seatbelt."

After a few minutes of driving, Crocker returned to his mother's incredibly decrepit home. He pulled up, got out, and took some of his equipment out, slowly limping into his house.

A somewhat bedraggled Timmy got out. For once, he was looking at his horrible teacher with hope.

"I just hope Crocker can fix that stuff," Timmy muttered. "I don't want anything else to go wrong."


Adagio and Aria tore apart Timmy's room, looking for any sign of where the boy could be.

"Maybe we should try the old mansion," Aria offered.

"I doubt he would stay there for long," Adagio said with a roll of her eyes.

"Why not Canterlot High?" Aria followed up with. "We could easily-,"

"First of all, I doubt those Rainbrats, even if they got out of their...mess would shelter the boy. Once they and those pathetic Wondercolts learn about what he did, they probably would kick him into the street," Adagio uttered with a sadistic smile. "Also, we can't risk going anywhere near the Rainbrats," Adagio said with a frown, "or that school until we have those fairies powers."

"But we have Crockpot's tech," Aria asked. "Maybe we could-,"

"We thought we had victory in the bag," Adagio threw back, "but those Rainbrats pulled something up their sleeve and robbed us our magic and voices. We can't be arrogant, or we'll lose everything."

"Then how are we gonna find Rabbit Mouth," Aria asked with cross arms. Before Adagio could reply, a shivering, quivering, Sonata burst into the room.

"Sonata," Adagio asked, "what did you do?"

"I looked in T-timmy's f-f-freezer," Sonata said, still shivering. "H-h-he wasn't th-there."

Aria narrowed her eyes in annoyance. "How long did you look?"

"F-forty five minutes."

Adagio let out an annoyed sigh. "I'll take Sonata outside to get warmed up." She looked at Aria. "You keep looking," she ordered. When her two sisters left the room, Aria did some digging and found a treasure chest underneath the boy's bed. She opened it.

Inside was a disgustingly adorable photo album of the brat and the midgets smiling like idiots.

"How adorable," Aria cooed, before tearing apart the pictures out of spiteful glee.

When she followed her sisters outside in the backyard, she found a bunch of broken-down wooden sculptures.

"What's all this junk?" the pig-tailed siren asked.

"The twerp's golf course," Adagio uttered with disdain. "Only a brat like him could make such a mess of something so simple."

"I wonder if we'll ever find him," Sonata said with some sadness. "Or maybe,,,she was right about us."

The assertation made the normally brash Aria feel powerless. Adagio felt her temper rise again, and she starting smashing the rundown golf course to vent her frustration.

Aria was normally not a kind soul, but she was taken aback by the tantrum her sister was throwing, as she demolished the twerp's broken down golf course."

"We'll find him alright," Adagio snarled as he destroyed some courses. "He's some stupid little brat! We're not got let a ten year old get in our way!" He destroyed another one of Timmy's golf courses. "We'll prove to those...fools back home and Equestria that we're are smart-," she paused to do some more destruction, "intelligent-,"

"Dagi," Sonata muttered with some caution, "don't-"

Adagio ignored her youngest sister's comments, stomping on some dumb model of a windmill, "And observant-"

BRZZZT!

Adagio felt herself being horribly electrocuted, her muscles convulsing as electricity coursed through her body. When it ended, Adagio stood still in horrible pain, fumes erupting from her body.

"I was trying to warn you Dagi," Sonata declared. She walked over to the busted windmill, bent down, and touched a yellow sign with her finger. "D-on't, ta-ch, e-lec-tri-ci-ty." She stood up with a proud smile. "My phonics lessons are paying off."

"Hey Sonata," Aria asked. "I got a phonics lesson for ya. What's in front of your face?"

"A....fi-st," Sonata pronounced. Aria's fist slammed into her forehead.

"Aria, that hurt."

"Not as much that wooden plank about to slam into your torso."

"What wooden-," Aria slammed a wooden plank into Sonata's torso.

"Nyuk nyuk nyuk," Sonata muttered.

The two younger Dazzlings felt themselves being yanked by their clothes by their annoyed older sisters.

"If you two don't start getting it together," Adagio said, "I'll turn your skins into rugs! Got it?"

The two younger sirens nodded fearfully. Adagio then knocked their heads together.

"Wise guys," Adagio muttered.

"Well, you're the leader," Aria asked her sister while rubbing her head. "How are we gonna find him?"

Adagio thought for a few moments, before her trademark wicked smile returned to her face.

"We're Princesses," Adagio said. "We don't do menial tasks. We delegate them to others."

"Who are we gonna delegate to," Aria said, with air quotes.

"It's time I called in a favor," Adagio uttered while pulling out her cell phone.


In Dimmsdale Woman's Prison, Mary Doombringer sat on the floor of her cell, drawing tally marks on the walls with chalk. A shadow loomed over her.

She looked up. Her guard stood over her. Instead of the usual commanding presence he usually spoke with, he acted with the disposition of a zombie.

"Mary Alice Doombringer," the man said, sounding like a robot rather than a person, "You have been scheduled for early release by Princess Adagio Dazzle."

A look of surprise formed on the white-haired woman's face, before it was replaced by a devious smile.


As she walked out of the prison, Doombringer was handed a ringing cell phone by a clerk. She answered.

"Doombringer," the deep and charismatic voice of Adagio said. "We have the you-know-whats under our spell. As part of our deal, you go free. But I can't get them to do magic."

"What do you wish for me to do about it?"

"Find Turner," Adagio commanded. "We need him to grant wishes. You do that, those wings are yours."

"Wait," Aria began. "Can you live without wings?" she asked the brainwashed fairies.

"Barely."

Aria shrugged. "Good enough for us."

"But, just in case, there is a certain someone I need you to collect in case I need," an evil grin formed on Adagio's voice as she spoke on the phone, "leverage on the boy."


Trixie did what she usually did at 3 PM: Wait for her family's limo to come pick her up. When it pulled up, she got in.

"Hello Clyde," Trixie said respectfully to her chauffeur, applying perfume to her face. She stopped making herself over when she noticed Clyde didn't return his usual greeting. After a few moments of driving, she noticed the limo wasn't going to its usual route home.

"Uh Clyde," Trixie asked with some confusion, "where are we-,"

"I apologize Ms. Tang," a polite female voice. Trixie looked in the rear view and noticed some woman, her hair completely covered in a chauffer's cap, was driving. She had a purple star-shaped tattoo under her eye. "You have been given different tasks for today."

Trixie didn't know why, but her gut told her something was wrong. "Where's, Where's Clyde?"

"I'm afraid he's...a little tied up,"


A dark-haired chauffeur had been robbed of his uniform and left with only boxers and a white t-shirt on, tied with chains to a stop sign, with blue tape over his mouth.


In the rearview mirror, Trixie couldn't help but also notice a small lock of grey hair erupting from the woman's cap.

"But don't worry Ms. Tang," the woman muttered. "I'll take...good care of you."

The woman's mouth, covered with purple lipstick, smiled cruelly.

PreviousChapters Next