• Published 1st Aug 2020
  • 12,718 Views, 1,879 Comments

Equestria Girls: A Fairly Odd Friendship - redandready45



For her next challenge, Sunset Shimmer must babysit an average kid who no one understands.

  • ...
40
 1,879
 12,718

PreviousChapters Next
Chinks In The Magical Armor (Rewrite of It Doesn't Matter Who You Hurt)

"You've got to be kidding me," Adagio said with a snarl. "One of the twerp's friends started hugging him, after he got hit."

"Yeah," Aria said with a snarl, "because he felt sorry for the whimpering little brat. Who knew humans could be like ponies."

The three sisters sat at a fancy café near downtown Dimmsdale, discussing strategies for dealing with Turner.

"At least you left those notes," Sonata said optimistically, "and I got a cool hat."

"Darn it," Adagio said with a frown. "As long as he has his stupid parents and godparents, the Medallion won't be able to takeover his mind."

"Then what do we do," Aria said with a snarl.

"We need to find the weaknesses of those fairies," Adagio said. "We're not strong enough to do anything without their power."

"I've looked through that book several times," Aria said in a disappointed tone, "and found nothing."

"You think they would keep their weaknesses in a book," Adagio said with disgust. "It's not like someone is selling an anti-magic solution off the streets."

"Someone is selling an anti-magic solution off the streets," someone pointed out. The three turned around and two guys in barbershop attire and with bright red hair who were standing on some kind of truck. One had a big mustache, and the other didn't.

"Hello, beautiful public!" The mustached man greeted.

"Be amazed as we show you our newest item for sale."

"The Flim-Flam Brothers Magical Neutralizing Solution 5000!" They got off the truck. Behind them were beautiful purple bottles of some liquid.

The three siren sisters smiled. The immediately ran up to the pair.

"We'll take it!" Adagio said.

The two brothers were taken aback by the eagerness of the three sisters. "How much do you want."

"Yes," Sonata said simply.


Timmy sat in his living room, drawing with crayons.

Cosmo and Wanda were disguised as a green crayon and a pink crayon respectively. He looked up and saw the Muses approaching him with wide grins on their faces and their hands behind their backs.

"Hey guys," Timmy greeted.

"Cosmo, Wanda," Adagio began.

"We have a present for you guys!" Aria continued.

The two fairies poofed in front of them. "What is-"

"PSYCH!" Sonata said. The three splashed water over them from jars they hid behind their back. The three sisters' excitement was replaced with horror when they realized the water didn't work. The fairies were just dripping wet and annoyed.

"Oh, I see what you were planning," Wanda said with an annoyed frown.

The three sisters felt their blood go cold. "You do?"

"Yes," Cosmo said ominously. "You wanted to have a water fight!"

"Uh, sure."

"Oh boy," Timmy said happily. "Water fight! I wish Cosmo and Wanda were water guns." The two fairies poofed into the shaped of water guns the size of assault rifles. He aimed them menacingly at the three teenagers.

"Can't we color," Adagio said in a horrified voice. Her sisters looked equally horrified. Timmy responded by blasting them with water.

SPLASH!


"Don't worry girls," Adagio urged her sisters. "It's just water." The three of them were in their fancy mansion, trying to dry off after that horrible failure. "We'll just dry ourselves off." Adagio got out a hairdryer, "This couldn't possibly be dangerous-," Adagio was electrocuted again by the faulty hairdryer. With an angry groan, Adagio threw the hairdryer against the wall.

"We wasted our money on that," Aria groaned.

"We didn't waste all our money." Adagio got the receipt. "We only wasted...four...thousand...dollars." She threw away the receipt. "Well, money isn't everything." She tried to play off the situation with a chuckle, but Aria and even Sonata just glared at her with disdain.

"Maybe we can get a return for them," Sonata offered. A hopeful smiled appeared on the faces of the Dazzlings.

"They got to give us a refund!" Aria offered.


"We can't give you a refund!" The mustached Flim-Flam brother gloated.

"What?" Adagio hissed.

"Once you use it, it cannot be returned!" The other one said.

"But you can get an exchange on Flim-Flam if you fill out this form." The Dazzlings took it.

"Hey wait a minute," Aria bellowed. "This is a poster for Dimmsdale Tourism-!" Once she looked up, the Flim-Flam brothers had already escaped from them with escape pods. To their anger, the Dazzlings realize they had been utterly had. The fake exchange form being nothing more than a diversion.

"And you thought this was a dumb idea," Flim said to his brother.


"So what do we do know?" Aria wondered aloud.

Adagio's face fell into serious thought, while her younger sisters sat around looking miserable. "Maybe there is someone out there who knows about how to deal with fairies," Adagio wondered.

"But how do we contact them," Aria said, "and where do we find one?"

"Aria look," Sonata said, pointing at a nearby newspaper.

"What is it Sonata," Aria groaned. "Another taco coupon?"

"No silly," Sonata said. Adagio looked at where Sonata was pointing at.

Their eyes widened as they saw who was in the picture. A scowling woman with familiar long white hair.


Dimmsdale Woman's Prison

"Mary Doombringer," the cell block matron said to the prisoner in cell 15. Doombringer, clad in an orange prison gown, pulled her gaze away from her dartboard with Timmy's face on it.

"Visitor," the woman said. "A Ms. Adagio Dazzle." Doombringer wondered who would visit her. She had no family or friends to speak off and never heard of this person. But she'd do anything to get out of the cell.


In the visitor's center, Doombringer saw an unfamiliar teenage girl on the other side of the glass window. She had large poofy orange hair, wore a purple designer skirt and tank top, and wore a red gem on her neck.

Her suspicion grew. This girl clearly had wealth. Why would she bother to visit her?

She sat down and pick up the phone. The teenager did the same thing.

"What do you want?" Doombringer asked the girl not-to-nicely.

"Ms. Doombringer is it," the girl asked, a confident smile on her face.

"Yes," the white-haired woman said. "What do you want?"

"I'll keep this short," Adagio said, "since my powers will only keep the guards from not listening in for ten minutes."

"Powers," Doombringer said in confusion.

"You're lucky Ms. Doombringer," Adagio said with a smirk, "we both have a common interest. Timmy Turner."
Doombringer's eyes widened. "You know about the boys fairies," Doombringer said with keen interest.

"I can't confirm or deny anything," Adagio said with a small wink. Doombringer understood was she was implying.

"I'm offering you an alliance," Adagio continued. "You have the means and the knowledge to capture...you know what." She let a proud smile form on her face. "I've managed to become the boy's surrogate sister." Doombringer's eyes widened in admiration at this girl. "He won't suspect me of a thing."

Doombringer immediately started talking about how she had many weapons in her home, how to get in, her books on fairy capture, her knowledge of fairy weaknesses, while Adagio took notes.

"What's the catch?" Adagio asked with narrow eyes. "You're just handing me this info, but you haven't even told me what it is you want?"

"Besides being free," Doombringer said, "I want the wings of the boy's fairies cut off and mounted on my wall."

"That's it?" Adagio asked. with disbelief. "That's all you want?"

The woman's face had wild eyes and a crazed smile. "I live for the thrill of the chase, the adrenaline, the joy of capturing rare creatures."

Adagio could see it in the woman's eyes and expression. This Doombringer was a predator. A being who lived only according to his or her own savage impulses. Whether it was food or the love of causing pain.

As Crown Princess of Sirenia, Adagio had to study the types of allies one obtained in the struggle for power. She initially thought this Doombringer sought the power of the fairies.

Power-seekers were dangerous allies to have. While they could be competent, they could easily stab you in the back when you weren't looking. This woman had the brains to capture fairies, and could easily betray her at the last moment.

But predators had different strengths and weaknesses. They lived only according to their desires and wants, and lacked any higher thinking beyond that. As long as they got that, they were usually satisfied and could be reliable allies.

But without any control, a predator could easily be dangerous, like a dog without a leash. They could easily turn on you, as they often lacked genuine loyalty to anything but their mere whims, or they could become power-seekers themselves. While predators could be valuable, you needed to have insurance in case you lost control over them.

Adagio wondered what she could use to keep this woman under control if need be. Adagio looked around and remembered this woman was trapped behind bars Adagio believed the threat of prison could keep the woman at bay should she decide to turn her weapons on her. Adagio decided this was a gamble she could make.

"Deal," Adagio said with a smile, "I'll get the....you know what and their power, and you'll be free and have their wings mounted on your wall."

"Excellent," Doombringer said with a happy smile. "But there is one more word of advice I have for you."

"What?" Adagio asked the woman.

"I am not alone in seeking the boy's power," Doombringer said. "The only thing that stopped me was a fool named Denzel Crocker."

"Denzel Crocker?"

"The boy's teacher," Doombringer said with a snort, "He seeks to gain the boy's fairies for world domination." Adagio narrowed her eyes. "But he's easy to manipulate. He's one of these fools who gloats about taking over the world."

Adagio snickered. She encountered many of them in Equestria. Imbeciles with more bark than bite who ruined themselves with foolish mistakes and nonstop monologuing.

In contrast to her, who preferred to work silently while she amassed power behind the scenes.

"However, he still managed to beat me," Doombringer said with a vicious snarl. "So pluck that thorn from your side as soon as possible."

As the visit came to an end, Adagio nodded.


Adagio drove to the woman's home. She let her younger sisters handle the babysitting. Aria seemed more enthusiastic about training the boy beyond convenience, She was impressed with his ability to take on two opponents without any magic, despite her scheme failing. Adagio herself couldn't scoff at that. One of the reasons why she wanted to boy to come around to her...ideals. He may seem weak, but he clearly had potential.

The home of Doombringer seemed so ordinary, so average, so plain. Like one of those homes in a cheesy sitcom. No one would suspect this woman of any impropriety. As instructed, Adagio used the key behind the potted plant to enter. The inside was also unremarkable. She wandered to the fridge, and did the "shave and a haircut" knock, as Doombringer requested. To her horror, giant missiles burst out of the fridge, pointing at her.

"You have five seconds to enter the password," an automated voice said, "or will you be destroyed. Five, four, three-,"

"Lollipop," Adagio said fearfully.

"Have a good day," the voice said, the missiles returning to where they came. The refrigerator shifted to the left, revealing a hidden room. Adagio entered, and her jaw dropped. It was a room painted plain white. In it were weapons. Lots and lots of weapons. Machetes, knives, shurikens, knives, anti-magical devices, knives, nets, knives, and of course, knives. On a table was a book called "How to Hunt Fairies."

Adagio smiled mercilessly as she picked up the book. Her path to power was almost at hand.


"A butterfly net?" Aria asked her older sister with disbelief at the kitchen table. Aria read Doombringer's manual on fairy capture, and saw all the ways in which a fairy could be caught.

"That's what it says," Adagio said.

"You're telling me that these creatures, who have alicorn levels of magic, can be stopped by a stupid net?" Aria growled.

"If it floats and it has wings, a butterfly net can catch it," Adagio said. Aria and even Sonata narrowed their eyes in confusion.

"That's what Doombringer said," Adagio said, "and the only reason why I believe her is because of....all her...trophies."

"So what do we do," Aria asked, "put them under a net and push them into getting mad."

"No," Adagio said, "their magic de-activates under the net. If we want their negative energy, we need them as they are."

"But how?" Aria said. Adagio turned to a page with a smile.

"I have a plan."

Aria saw the section. It was labelled, "Fairy Allergies."

"I guess we'll see," Aria said. Both she and Sonata had hopeful smiles on their faces.


Sunset, after hours and hours of crawling, finally made it to the objects that were glowing in the distance.

Beautiful crystals that glowed a golden light. These artifacts made Sunset felt relieved. For the first time in days, there was a faint chance for some hope. Sunset crawled to what was hopefully her salvation.

Until she accidentally let out a yell. Sunset looked down and saw she accidentally crawled over some glass. To her disappointment, she realized they weren't fancy crystals.

They were a broken soda bottle that reflected the sun above.

Sunset let out an angry sigh.

"Can't I just get one break," Sunset yelled angrily to the sky, "one sign that you care!" A hoot was her answer. Sunset turned around and saw an owl on the ground looking at her. Sunset was not comforted by the hungry look and lip, or in this case, beak smacking of the feathery fiend. Sunset let out a nervous chuckle.

"Hey little guy," Sunset said in a sweet tone, trying to sound like Fluttershy, "listen, you're a little on the chubby side. Maybe you want to cut back the worm and try the more healthy, and non-sentient, beetle over there." The owl let out a shriek fanning its wings. Sunset squealed. No it couldn't end like this. She would not end up some other creature's breakfast, but she couldn't move fast enough on land. As the owl flew toward her, Sunset was forced to do the unthinkable.

Sunset munched the dirt in order to hide underground. At the last moment, she was able eat her way into the dirt deep enough that she could escape the owl.

"Whoever made those books where animals got along needs a punch in the nose!" Sunset growled from her small cavern underground. Eventually Sunset made her way back up to the surface, breathing a sigh of relief.

"But at least the dirt was chewy," Sunset said. "At least it can get any worse."

"Well Timber," a voice said. Sunset looked up and saw a young woman with long raspberry colored hair and a teenaged boy with green hair walking up to them. Their beige uniforms showed they worked in Everfree.

"Time to mow the area."

"Mow the lawn," Sunset whimpered.

"Sorry Gloriosa," the green-haired boy said to the long-haired woman. "The mower is on the fritz."

Sunset breathed a sigh of relief.

"Don't worry Timber," Gloriosa said. She pulled out two machetes and handed one to her younger brother. "We'll just scrape the ground by hand."

Sunset was about to let out a plea, only for them to put ear plugs into their ears.

"Man, these earplugs work great," Gloriosa said happily. "They can keep out the noise generated from lawn equipment, annoying anmals, and unwanted children."

"What?" Timber asked, unable to hear anything

"Exactly?" Gloriosa joked. Sunset struggled to crawl away as the two began scraping the soil.

"Please," Sunset cried. "Someone help me! Please, please, someone out there, help me out!." She slammed her head against the root.

Unbeknownst to her, she accidentally activated the duck cam hidden in her hair.


"It is getting close to your bed time Sport," Wanda said, having transformed herself into a clock.

"I'm gonna hit the hay," Timmy said with a yawn, "Goodnight Wanda!" Timmy ran out of the room only to stumble on a green box.

"Wanda," Timmy said, handing his Fairy Godmother the present, "this box says its from Cosmo to you".

Wanda took the box and opened it.

"Oh my gosh," Wanda said happily, "chocolates!" Seeing how Wanda was happy, Timmy decided to go to bed. Wanda took a bite out of the chocolates, and-

Wanda felt her mouth burn from spice and felt hideous pimples form on her face. Wanda looked in the mirror and shook with anger.


"And corn is also nice," Cosmo continued, because-,"

"COSMO!" Wanda bellowed, poofing outside, interrupting Cosmo's tangent about the greatness of corn. "Wanda what's-," Cosmo looked shock as she saw pimples all over Wanda's face.

"What happened?" Aria said in an innocent voice.

"Why is your face so bumpy?" Sonata also asked.

"May I borrow him," Wanda said with a forced smile to the two siren sisters, grabbing Cosmo by his shirt and teleporting them to the living room.

"What is this?" Wanda asked Cosmo, presenting a box of chocolates.

"Chocolates," Cosmo said.

"What were you thinking?!" Wanda bellowed. "Don't you remember that fairies can't touch paprika! At best, I get a horrible rash, at worse, it could've made my throat close up!"

"Hey wait," Cosmo protested, "I didn't poof up-,"

"ONLY YOU WOULD SO SOMETHING SO DUMB!" Wanda yelled.

"But-,"

"Only you could randomly buy a box of spiced chocolates and pick up the one with paprika, but that's just how STUPID YOU ARE! YOU'RE A WHOLE LEVEL OF STUPID!"

Cosmo's patience gave with a frown.

"No you're stupid!" Cosmo yelled.

"YOU ARE!" Wanda said.

"YOU ARE!"


The sirens stood outside the house, watching the commotion in the living room through one of the windows.

"C'mon," Adagio said with anticipation.

"C'mon," Aria said.

The sirens felt overjoyed as the familiar green mist returned, and the negative energy from those two entered their gems. The sirens let out happy sighs as the energy flowed into their bodies.

"I've never felt so full since we were in Equestria," Aria said.

"It's almost as tasty as tacos," Sonata said.

"At last, our work has come to fruition," Adagio said with a vicious smile, watching at her gem, and the gems of her sisters, glowed with the energy it had during the Battle of the Bands. "But tomorrow, we begin phase two."


Timmy slept peacefully in his room, only to be woken up by a bucket of ice being poured onto him.

"Aah," Timmy wailed. He looked up and saw who did it.

"Cosmo," Timmy said angrily, "what did you do that for?"

"Because I could," Cosmo said holding up a bucket with a sneer.

HE LOVED DOING THAT ON PURPOSE!

"What are you, stupid!" Timmy bellowed.

"Takes an idiot to know one," Wanda snarked with a sneer of her own.

"Just get me cleaned-,"

"Lazy boy, always asking for help!" Wanda mocked, "because he can't do anything himself."

HOW DARE THEY CALL US LAZY! THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING WHAT WE WANT!

"Whatever," Timmy said with a fit, "I don't need you cleaning me up! I can do things myself! Let's not talk for the rest of the day!"

"First good idea you ever had!" Wanda said. "But more than Cosmo ever had in his entire life!"

Timmy stormed out of the room in anger.


Crocker swept the sidewalk with a tried expression in the early hous. He was so into his work, he barely noticed someone approaching him

"Hello Crocker," a voice said. Crocker looked up and saw three young woman approach him with interested smiles.

"Who are you," Crocker said with some suspicion.

"We are the Muses," the tall one with orange hair said. "We heard about you."

"The greatest fairy hunter ever," the one with pigtails said with a smile. Crocker smiled.

"Oh please," Crocker said, "you don't give me enough credit,"

"We've ingratiated ourselves with a certain Timmy Turner." the pigtailed girl said.

Crocker's interested was piqued. "Are you aware that Timmy Turner has FAIRY GODPARENTS?" Crocker said. The Dazzlings were a bit taken aback by the man's freak out, but suppressed it.

"We've seen...something," Adagio said evasively.

"What if I told you with his FAIRIES, the world could be in the palm of my-I mean, our hands," Crocker said with a crazed expression. "Help me capture them, and I'll grant you a position of power in my new world order!"

"OK," the pony-tailed girl said.

"Fool," Crocker said with an angry frown, "don't you see the-," Crocker paused. "Wait, what did you say?"

"We said we'd help you," the tall one repeated with a smile.

"Really?" Crocker said with disbelief. "This is the first time I've made my usual pitch to a teenager without being called crazy or pepper sprayed." A happy smile formed on his face. "Welcome to Team Crocker!"

"Glad to be on the team," the orange-haired one said with unease.

"Don't be bashful," Crocker said, "with my...expertise, we shall capture the boy's FAIRY GODPARENTS and rule the world!"


"How can you afford all this," Adagio asked Crocker, "on a school salary?" The three sirens were amazed at the massive underground lab this man had. It was full of computers, scientific equipment, diagrams, and fairy hunting technology.

"You'd be surprised how creative school accounting is," Crocker said, "I managed to list those blast capsules you're standing next to as a business expense." The three sirens moved away from them fearfully.

"As members of Team Crocker," Crocker said, "you have earned the Team Crocker shirt." Crocker passed around...

Plain white T-shirts with "Team Crocker" written in crayon. Only Sonata actually enjoyed wearing hers while S.

"You must remember," Crocker said triumphantly, "to be loyal to Crocker. Not to anyone one nation! Denzel Crocker is not subservient to anyone."

"Denzel," an old lady's voice crooned from some speaker, "come help mommy clean the basement."

"Mother," Crocker yelled to the monitor, "I am busy plotting world domination with my new minions."

"But Poopie Bear," the woman said in a wounded tone, "don't you love mommy?" The Dazzlings laughed at how pathetic this was.

"Alright," Crocker relented. "I'll stop by later." Crocker turned back to the Dazzlings with a glare. "Speak of this to no one."

"Alright," Adagio said.

"Poopie Bear," Aria said under her breath, before snickering.

"Anyways, are you prepared to do the work needed to capture Turner's FAIRIES!" Crocker bellowed. The three girls talked amongst themselves for a few moments, before collectively turning to Crocker with a smile.

"Thank you so much Crocker," Sonata said.

"You've been so helpful," Aria cooed.

"When we have our thrones," Adagio said, "we'll remember all that you did for us." Crocker narrowed his eyes.

"What is that supposed to-," Adagio let out a sonic wave that knocked Crocker against the wall, knocking him out.

"You know what to do girls," Adagio said with a delighted hiss.

"Take what we can carry," Aria said.

"And destroy the rest," Sonata finished. Their gems lit up as they prepared to bring this lab down. They were excited to be able to go all out again.


Timmy came into school, still annoyed by Cosmo and Wanda's bad behavior.

WE SHOULD PUNISH THEM! THEY SHOULD BE OBEYING US!

He would deal with them later. Right now, he was just going to try and enjoy his day.

But as soon as he walked into the school, something happened. Everyone turned toward him with viciously angry expressions. Even his two best friends, and best backup friends.

Timmy chuckled nervously. "Hey guys," Timmy said, "what's-,"

"Well if it isn't the loser," AJ said, furious hatred in his voice.

"AJ," Timmy said nervously, "I know you screwed up, but maybe we can-,"

"Why don't you beat it," Chester said with disdain, "this school isn't for pathetic people like you."

"You give me bad karma!" Sanjay barked.

"My boil hurts more when you're near me!" Elmer hissed.

"Yeah," Trixie said, "Dimmsdale has enough losers!"

"Trixie," Timmy said in a hurt tone, "why are you saying these things. I thought we had-,"

"I'd never date someone as weak and useless as you," Trixie said with an evil smile.

"But-," suddenly everyone starting throwing things at him. Books, pencils, lunches, and backpacks.

"Stop it," Timmy said, tears flowing down his eyes. He cried as more and more stuff was thrown at him.

"Oh look," one girl said, "Loser Baby is crying!" Everyone started laughing at him.

"Leave me alone," Timmy cried out , pain and misery in his voice. "Why are you all attacking me?"

"Because you exist." Elmer said.

"Because your lame." Sanjay said.

"Enough!" a female voice exclaimed. Principal Waxelplax came toward the crowd with a stern expression.

"Principal Waxelplax," Timmy said with joy, "thank goodness you're-," Waxelplax snarled at Timmy, before angrily yanking him from the room by his arm.

"Timmy Turner," Principal Waxeplax said with hate in her voice, "you are hereby expelled forever!"

"Why?" Timmy said, letting out a sob of agony as Waxelplax yanked on his arm too hard.

"Because your screams of pain were making too much noise," the woman said, before literally booting Timmy from the school onto the lawn with a cackle.

"Why was everyone attacking me?" Timmy said with a whimper. His two fairies appeared before him.

"Because its fun," Wanda said with disdain.

"Because you stink?" Cosmo said.

"I wish we were home," Timmy said with a whimper.

"Fine lazy boy," Wanda said as she raised her wand.

Timmy poofed home, hoping to find some comfort from his parents.

"Mom, dad," Timmy said, running into the door, "everyone at school-,"

"What are you doing here?" His dad said with a growl.

"I live here?" Timmy said timidly.

"Not anymore," his mom said with a sneer. Timmy backed away as both his parents looked at him with sheer hatred.

"You're the reason why we're poor," his mom said.

"You're the reason why the Dinklebergs beat us at everything!" his dad yelled.

"You're the reason why our careers are going nowhere."

"Waste!"

"Brat!"

"Loser!"

"Baby!"

"But-"

Timmy found himself booted from his house and into a pile of mud.

Timmy sat in shock at what happened, and started crying.

"First my godparents, then everyone at school, and now my own parents," Timmy muttered with tears rolling down his eyes. "Why's everyone being mean to me?"


Timmy knocked on the door of the mansion, with a hopeful expression. Adagio answered.

"Timmy," Adagio said with a surprised expression, "what are you doing here? Why aren't you-,"

"I don't know," Timmy said with a whimper, "first Cosmo and Wanda got mad at me, then everyone at school attacked me, and now my parents-," Timmy broke down and cried.

"Don't worry Timmy," Adagio said with a warm smile, "you can stay with us, OK?"

"OK," Timmy said, before being pulled into a hug by Adagio. Timmy cried into Adagio's shoulder. He was upset, but he was happy there was someone out there that would help him.

Unbeknownst to him, Adagio smiled viciously.

"Nothing can get in my way now," the eldest siren said under her breath.


Princess Twilight was frustrated. She looked all over Canterlot, but she couldn't find Sunset. Not at her job at the mall, not at her apartment, not anywhere. In her last act of desperation, she decided to try Canterlot High, despite the fact that she had been apparently been kicked out.

She got out of the cab after it pulled up behind CHS.

"Hey," the cab driver hollored. "You've got to-," several gold coins were thrown at her. The cabbie marveled at the gold coins. "Looks like I can retire to Jamaica after all," he said happily.

Twilight was too tired and desperate to try the front entrance and ran into a back entrance, where a sign read 'nature lab'.


Fluttershy walked into the nature lab at CHS. She was followed by Rainbow Dash and Sandalwood.

"Thank you guys for helping me move this stuff," Fluttershy said with a warm smile.

"Of course," Rainbow said, "anything for a friend."

"Anything for a fellow friend of nature," Sandalwood said happily. The athlete and the hippy began carrying heavy crates of equipment out the door, to be loaded into the van for her environmental study.

Fluttershy noticed one of her devices was blinking. That meant...

"Look," Fluttershy said, "one of my cameras has a signal."

"Let's hear it," Sandalwood said. They pushed the button. An image appeared on the laptop it was connected to. The image was poor, but they heard a voice that was not at all a duck shouting.

"Please help me!" a female voice said. "Someone help me! Please, anyone!" The three people in the room were taken aback by the fear and desperation in the voice. Until they remembered who it was.

"Oh its the demon," Sandalwood said with disdain. "She's crying..."

"She deserves it for making us cry," Rainbow said.

"I need someone to help me," Sandalwood and Rainbow starting laughing. Fluttershy started to laugh, but her laughs trailed off as she felt...uneasy.

"OK Fluttershy," Rainbow said, "shut it off, I've heard enough from the demon." Fluttershy was about to shut it off,

"STOP!" The group turned to see who was at the door.

Princess Twilight stood there, wheezing.

"Do we...know you?" Rainbow asked. Sandalwood and Fluttershy also looked at Twilight with a lack of familiarity.

The alicorn-turned-human couldn't believe what she was hearing. "You guys don't really remember anything, do you?" Princess Twilight said with some sadness.

"All we know is we're tired of the demon and her bad vibes," Sandalwood said.

Twilight heard Sunset's pleas for help and was shocked. "Don't shut it off!"

"Who cares about some dumb demon!" Rainbow joked.

"She's your friend. Why can't you guys remember?!" Princess Twilight pleaded.

"Move out of the way, demon lover," Rainbow said to Twilight with disdain. She was about to shut it off before Fluttershy stopped her with an outstretched arm.

"Flutters," Rainbow said with disdain. "Why do you

"Because...." Fluttershy stammered uneasily, "because...." her eyes widened. "We love Sunset as our friend." Fluttershy's eyes widened. In a flash, all her memories came back. "Because she isn't a demon, she isn't a meanie, she's our friend who got a second chance."

"What are you-," Rainbow began, before suddenly her eyes widened and all her memories came back too. Sandalwood's eyes widened as well, signaling his memories were also returning.

"You're right," Rainbow Dash said, "why am I just remembering that? And Twilight...the Battle of the Bands... and...Timmy Turner too."

"How did we forget about all that," Sandalwood said.

"I don't know," Twilight said. "We'll explore that later. But all we know is Sunset's in trouble, and we have to save her."

"But how?" Rainbow said.

"The camera comes with a GPS," Sandalwood said. He clicked on the laptop, and the GPS revealed where Sunset is.

"Everfree Forest," Sandalwood said.


Sunset didn't know how long she had been screaming for, before she collapsed from sad exhaustion. An hour. A day. But she realized it didn't matter. Nothing mattered. She was stuck as a worm. The rest of her life would be spent hiding from evil birds who saw her as dinner. This was her fate. What she deserved for being a monster for her whole life.

She was so lost in thought, she didn't realize that she heard some chanting in the distance. But gradually it grew louder and louder. Eventually, she realized that...it was her name being chanted.

Sunset pulled herself from her underground shelter, where she saw it was the evening, and watched several people in the distance.

He recognized them as Rainbow, Sandalwood, and Fluttershy, and they were chanting her name.

"Guys," Sunset yelled, feeling more relieved than ever. "Guys!" Her relief died as, to her frustration, she realized she was too small to be heard from so far away. Sunset looked for a way to signal them. But how could she. She was a worm.

She looked around in desperation, especially as she saw them walking away, and saw the shards and how they reflected light. A sly smile formed on her face.


"Sunset!"

"Sunset!"

"Sunset!"

"I know she's hear dudes," Sandalwood said, holding up his tracker, "Somewhere."

"But why isn't she responding," Fluttershy said fearfully.

"I don't know-," a shine of light came in the distance. The way it faded in and out indicated this was some kind of distress signal.

They walked toward some field surrounded by trees.

"Sunset!" they

"Down here!"

"Sunset we found you," Fluttershy said.

"Down where?" Rainbow said with some confusion.

"Look down." They all did, and what they saw was unimaginable.

They saw an oddly colored worm that was red and yellow. But the worm also had a very familiar hairdo and jacket on it.

"Sunset," Rainbow said with horror.

"What happened to you," Fluttershy gasped, rushing over to pick up Sunset with her pinky. Sunset crawled on, before collapsing in tears. Sunset cried. She cried in fear, she cried in relief, she cried because of the horrific fate she nearly suffered.

"Dude," Sandalwood said once Sunset's crying got under control, "how did you end up-,"

"Timmy." Sunset said. Fluttershy, Rainbow, and Sandalwood were shocked.

"Timmy did that to you?" Rainbow said with horror.

"Why?" Sandalwood said with dismay.

"Timmy found out about the...demon thing," Sunset said sheepishly. The other three looked even more horrified.

"What?" Rainbow said.

"He saw you be evil," Fluttershy said.

"That's...bad,," Sandalwood said.

"He's also the one who made you forget about me turning good," Sunset said. "He thought that I brainwashed all of you into being my slaves, and that I was forcing you guys to be nice to him, so he would let his guard down."

"That's...that's whack," Sandalwood said.

"I...also accidentally let it slip that I spied on him," Sunset said with a nervous frown. The three others went pale with fear.

"This...this is really bad," Rainbow said.

"Yeah," Sunset said, "he felt so threatened by my demon self, he reacted by turning me into a worm. But now the stone is only going to drive him to do worse things. I can only imagine what he's been doing for the past few days." Sunset blinked, then looked up her friends. "How did you guys find me, and how did you get your memories back?"

"I guess you left one of the cameras in your hair," Rainbow said, gently plucking it from Sunset's locks.

"But how did you remember who I was?" Sunset said.

"I don't know," Fluttershy said with a shrug. "We heard you were in trouble, we remembered how much we loved you, and suddenly we remembered."

"We'll worry about that later," Rainbow said, "right now, we got to warn the Princess, help everybody get their memories back, turn you back to normal, find Timmy, and get the stone out of him."

Everyone started rushing back to leave the forest and head back to Canterlot. Sunset worried about Timmy. Worried about what he might do. Her only hope is that he was surrounded by people who could keep him from going to far.


Timmy whimpered, sitting in the bedroom the Dazzlings set up for him, hearing Cosmo and Wanda yell at each other in the other room. He didn't like it when they fought. He was upset when they got upset. It meant they couldn't take care of him. It meant they called him names, even when he was begging them to stop and get along.

"I wish I married Juandissimo," Wanda yelled.

"I wish I married Blonda," Cosmo yelled.

"Of course you would," Wanda said, "she's an idiot!"

"Jokes on you," Cosmo said, "you married an idiot." Timmy flinched as they started beating each other up. He cried, not liking it that his two godparents were hurting each other. Everyone in his life started hating him and being mean. He didn't know why. But, looking at the girl coming into his room, he was a little happy there was one person he could trust.

"Here you go Timmy," Adagio said, bringing him a plate of warm milk and cookies. "Is there anything else you need?"

"No thanks," Timmy said with a sniffle. He ate the cookies and drank the milk. "Thanks for letting me stay."

"Timmy," Adagio said with a warm smile, "you know you can always count on me and my sisters."

"Can you help me figure out what's wrong with everybody?" Timmy said. It was nighttime and he was suddenly feeling sleepy.

"Don't you worry Timmy," Adagio said as he began to fall asleep, "we'll be your new family, and keep you safe."

Once Timmy fell asleep, Adagio lit her gem. Her two sisters came into the room.

"Are you sure he's out," Aria said.

"Warm milk," Adagio said with a smirk, "puts everybody to sleep. Are those two distracted?" The blast was heard from the other room.

"Take that, Scary Godmother!"

"Yep," Sonata said.

"Good," Adagio said, looking at the sleeping boy. With this last step, their control over those fairies and their magic would be total. By tomorrow, the brat would be nothing more than their puppet. The three sisters gathered around him and put their hands on his head. They soon let out a chant.

With this boy, at our side.

With this boy, at our side.

Victory will be nigh

Victory will be nigh.

Power, power forever ours.

Power, power forever ours.

Our strength will grow by the hour.

Our strength will grow by the hour.

With this boy at our side.

With this boy at our side

WITH THIS BOY AT OUR SIDE

WITH THIS BOY AT OUR SIDE

WITH THIS BOY AT OUR SIDE!

A bright green glow emerged from the room.

PreviousChapters Next