• Published 26th Aug 2019
  • 5,511 Views, 170 Comments

Criminally Stupendous - dudenotactive



Roman thought it was the end for him, but in a strange twist of fate the thief somehow lives. Sadly, dying wasn't enough for him to rethink his life of crime, and now he's back at it again.

  • ...
18
 170
 5,511

Devil On His Shoulder

Silence, devoid of sound. There was no wind, the trees that surrounded him did not move nor would it rustle. Not even a single woodland critter made a squeak. This forest was empty, as if it was untouched by life for so many years. He was alone in this clearing, Adam Taurus was alone. Or so you would believe.

From out of the shadows a multicolored streak flashed towards him, the faunus was quick to intercept this light with his sword unsheathed. Adam was pushed back, but he stood his ground. The faunus grunted before pushing the multicolored menace away. With the two now separated, Adam inspected the attacker, it was none other than Rainbow Dash, the Element of Loyalty.

She stood on two hooves, but her body hunched forward like a predator who was about to pounce on their prey. She wore a pair of iron gauntlets on her fore hooves, two thin multicolored blades were attached to the sides of each, and her cutie mark decorated on the gauntlet where the base of the blades were. This was her weapon which she forged on her own, with some guidance from the blacksmiths of the Iron Legion. It's name was Thunder Blossom.

Her weapon wasn't really equipped with any way to house Dust bullets/vials. She would rely on her claws alone, and her semblance.

Rainbow Dash gritted her teeth, her eyes focused on the red head in front of her. The two began to circle around the gap between them, tempting one another to make a move. After so much rigorous training, Dash had transformed into a warrior, something that would surely catch Roman by surprise. And it's all thanks to Adam.

Just before anyone could even make the first strike, the ground behind Adam was kicked up as bullets from out of nowhere slammed into it. Distracted for a second, he didn't see Dash taking the first step. Sadly it was predictable, she launched herself and aimed for his legs to which Adam countered with a step to the side then slamming the sheath into her back. Dash couldn't change her direction quick enough and was brought down by Adam.

And before the pegasus could even bring herself up, Adam instead flipped her back into the air using his sword. At first she was confused, until she felt numerous things hitting her back and sending away.

Dash crashed back down just a few feet away from the faunus. Fuming with rage, she shot up and shouted towards the treeline. "Damn it AJ, shoot him, not me!"

"Ah'm tryin'! That bull is just slippery!" Applejack replied from her perch on a sturdy branch. Around her torso was a bandolier with rifle rounds at the front and a shotgun holster on the back. At her right thigh was a holder for some shotgun shells. Unlike the pegasus, Applejack was stacked in ammo and was ready for a meeting with trouble.

"If you two have time to bicker, then you both have time to fight!" Adam scoffed bitterly.

"That's it! I had enough of you!" Dash bared her teeth as lightning started to dance around her, it arched about and singed the grass under her hooves. And her claws, oh how beautiful it was, the electricity danced around the blades, skipping from metal to metal.

"You never learn." Adam sighed.

Once Dash had enough energy, she shot it all at Adam, and as fast as literal lighting, he caught it with his blade which was barely even out of its sheath. And once it was all over, Adam snapped towards Applejack's direction and unleashed his semblance. The sniper's eyes widened as a red crescent wave cut through the tree she was in and felt the world turn sideways. After a loud thud, Applejack crawled out of her hiding place, for a second she was shocked, but then she felt even more so after seeing the devastation Adam had created. With a single swing of his sword, the clearing they were in extended even further.

Rainbow Dash felt her knees weakening, the portrayal of strength made her doubtful of her own power. "Pitiful," Adam commented. "this is the second time it happened. You blindly attack with no purpose, continue to do so and you will end up in the stomach of a Grimm."

The pegasus did not speak, she only frowned as she glared at her tutor.

"We ain't fightin' Grimm, we're just gonna go after Roman." Applejack explained their true intention.

"Ah, yes, Torchwick." Adam scoffed once again. "Do you honestly believe with the rate you are going, that you have the slightest chance against someone like Torchwick?"

"Hey," Dash took offense. "we have what it takes, and I bet that I can bring him to Luna now!"

"With your current state, I doubt it."

Dash scowled deeply, her semblance charged up once more. Seeing this, Applejack did not speak a single word, instead she split her weapon apart and holstered her revolver on her back. It didn't belong there but AJ needed both her hooves right now. Adam simply scoffed, but readied himself. He stood still as a statue, unknown to the mares, his eyes were scanning both of them.

The first to move was AJ, she held her weapon close to her and dashed towards her opponent. Adam turned to face his attacker and was greeted with a shotgun to the face. He snapped to his left, dodging the pellets that would have surely dealt a number to his aura. He hooked the sheath of his sword around her hind leg and pulled it towards him, throwing Applejack straight down.

This was the moment Dash waited for, in a blink of an eye she was already on top of Adam. Her claws raised over her head, she strikes. Too bad the faunus predicted this and simply plunged the sheathe into her gut. Rainbow Dash gasped as the air was pushed out of her lungs.

AJ has already recovered from her short defeat, she blasts Adam once more with her last shell, this time it hit the target. Disappointingly it was only his shoulder. Adam grunted not in pain, but simply because he was impressed that she managed to land a hit. Applejack flipped away from the imposing faunus and pulled her revolver out of the shotgun holster then quickly fused her weapons together. It was the full potential of Outlaw's Redemption. A sniper rifle with a suppressor.

Seeing the threat that she is, Adam dashed towards her with his hoof resting on the handle of Wilt And Blush. Only to draw the sword against Dash who had zapped towards him once more. Now fighting two fronts, Adam decided to upped his game. Two clicks, the sound of the hammer striking the pin, the faunus blocked the bullets with ease. The pegasus roared as loud as thunder, Adam matched the pace of Dash's speed. A flurry of blades deflected so easy.

Unlike these two mares, Adam was a true warrior. Whenever he sensed Applejack's attempt, he would push Rainbow Dash away to give him time to block any bullets. Then he would return to the silly little game he and Dash were playing. Every swing was either parried or dodged, every bullet would be cut in two or be deflected towards Dash. All in all, this wasn't a fair fight. And now he will finish it.

First, Adam pointed his sheathed weapon towards the sniper and pulled the trigger sending the sword right at the blond mare. Applejack had no time to react, she froze like a deer staring straight at oncoming headlights, which then she suffered a heavy hit on her head. The sword bounced off Applejack and straight into Adam's hoof. Now armed with his crimson blade of justice, he swung it over his head and down at his final opponent.

Dash held her claws together in a cross and caught the katana between it. She made a small silent yelp as she felt the full strength being brought on her. She held herself like a real fighter, the ground below her started cracking, a sign that Adam was no mere faunus. Sadly, it was not fate for her to win this fight. She was left with no other option, she would need to use her ace.

Her weapon hissed, the gauntlets started expanding out and the blades extended slightly forward. The last thing she needed was some space to fully transform which means she needed to push her opponent away. Adam saw this and knew that this fight would last even longer. So before she even knew it, Adam had slammed his sheathe into her chin and blasted her with a round of fire Dust.

And with that, the battle has been concluded. Both mares had taken a number on their auras, while Adam only had a small fraction taken from his. This was an example of the gap between him as a veteran fighter and them as a duo of rookies.

"You both show progress, I am especially impressed that you managed to land a hit on me, Applejack." He commented before slamming his sword back into its sheath. With that, he went down on all four and left the two to do other things.

Once Adam was through the thicket and finally gone and out of the clearing, Dash sighed in defeat. Pummeled down into nothing for the sixth time, she couldn't believe that she was barely progressing at all. They come and attack, Adam beats them, then he gives his opinion and leaves. That was what happened the first five times, and only Applejack had landed a hit. Dash would've been happy for it, but she was too distraught to congratulate her friend.

Here the duo are, out of breath and feeling the pain.

Both mares stayed like this for another minute before the two pulled themselves together. They then glanced at each other, none of them could say anything as the wind howled past the two mares. With another sigh of defeat, Dash retracted her claws. "I'm hungry." She said.

"Right, I'm also peckish for some apples." Applejack shared the same feeling.

With that said, the two would walk side by side into the forest, heading straight back home. None of them said a single word for a while. Too caught up with their defeat to do so. They both thought they could've done it better, both wanted to win just once. They had a plan before, but it quickly crumbled when the fight started. It was a short one too, which disappointed the mares even more. Applejack's ear flicked as the sound of gunfire rang out, she could tell that Adam and his White Fang were clearing out some Grimm. They had been doing so ever since they were summoned.

At first it was Perry, then Adam. Then the red head requested for his troops to be summoned as well. Which then created the newly founded White Fang of the Iron Legion. A small group acting as a reserve for emergencies and other situations. For example: Roman Torchwick.

Dash doesn't know much about their plan, but it seems that they managed to find a way to communicate with the thief and they're using it to find the location of Roman's hideout. There was some progress, or so Perry claimed. But Dash was inclined to believe it anyway.

"Ya think we did better than before?" AJ asked out of the blue.

Dash smirked, clearing her head of her previous thoughts. "You kidding? You hit him!"

"Just the shoulder, it ain't anything to celebrate about." She argued.

"Are you serious!?" Dash's peppy side returned, gone was the silent and gloomy Dash who just lost a fight. "You hit him for the first time since our training started, I'm pretty sure that's an achievement in itself!"

"Aw shucks, RD. Ah'm sure if our plan was going the way we thought, you could've landed a few hits yourself."

"Yeah, I know! But he's just too fast, as fast as me!" Dash grinned. "But he isn't quicker in a race, I bet!"

"Ah believe so too," AJ was against stroking Dash's ego, but for once the pegasus needed some morale boost. "but try not to challenge him or anything, doubt he'd even race at all."

"Yeah, he's such a grumpy pants." Dash sighed, then she glanced over to AJ as a question came to mind. "Hey... why didn't you use your semblance?"

Applejack became silent, she paused on the spot to stare at her hoof. "Ah still don't get it right just yet," She raised both her fore hooves and brought it down. The earth shook for a second, but it stopped just as it started. "see, Ah can shake things up but nothin' else."

"Hey, you make earthquakes, I'm sure when you're good enough you could crack a mountain!"

Applejack chuckled. "Well 'ere's hopin'."


"Roman Torchwick... I call for you!!!"

Roman's eyes snapped open, he was in a foreign world surrounded by death and destruction. He looked down to see he was human once more. But the question was...

"Is this real?" He asked as he examined his hands, complete with all ten of his digits.

"Yes... and no." Roman looked up from his hands and paled when he discovered who exactly was calling for him. A dark silhouette of a man stood in front of him, his imposing form towered over the thief. His eyes landed on a man who had no face, yet Roman could feel the burning glare that was set on him. It was then that roman would notice the pair of horns that was on the silhouette's head, then he remembered who this man was.

"Oh Brothers above, help me...."

Author's Note:

Rainbow Dash
-Semblance: Thunder And Lightning.

Rainbow Dash is able to generate electricity as strong as lighting. She is able to empower herself to deliver powerful blows to her enemies. It would also be used to increase her speed to become almost as quick as light. Not only could she generate lightning, but she could also use it as a ranged attack if her opponents are too far for her weapons.

She had long mastered her semblance ever since she unlocked her aura, but it would seem that she does not know the full potential just yet.

-Weapon: Thunder Blossom.

A pair of metal claws that is able to conduct electricity. It is unable to house Dust vials or bullets and is simply an ordinary melee weapon. But there is a hint that these claws are able to transform into a another weapon with a different fighting style. Not much is known to these claws, it is simply a gauntlet with two long blades on each side. The only accessory to it is Dash's cutie mark which decorated the area where the blades and the gauntlet is connected.


Applejack
-Semblance: Buckquake

(Spoiler if you respect future plans and such) Buckquake, a simple and unusual name. Yet when witnessed, one would come to understand. Her ability is a strength boost that is able to create a small earthquake. This semblance is so strong that the ground would shatter from even the slightest touch of Applejack's hooves. But look out when she uses her bucking legs.

It would also be noted that she is able to divert her semblance towards any part of her body, which means she is able to charge straight at her enemies like a mad bull on a stampede

-Weapon: Outlaw's Redemption.

-Outlaw:

Is an over under styled double barrel with a pistol grip. The two barrels itself are attached together with a joint right at the end. In its second form, the two barrels detached itself from the main gun and both of them would snap together forming one barrel. Next it would slide over the main gun and the handle would retract into it. The gun would become the rifle barrel for Redemption, it also provides as a suppressor. The only con of this second form is the fact that the shotgun shells (If the weapon is loaded) are exposed. (It is not advices to fire this weapon when in this form.)

-Redemption:

The second and the protagonist of Applejack's weapons. Redemption is a snub nose lever action revolver that uses 7.62 ammunition, the end of the snub nose would flip over and becomes a recticle. A wooden buttstock is provided for stability. There is nothing else special of Redemption besides the fact that it is actually a sniper rifle.

When the snub nose barrel flips over, the second form of Outlaw is able to connect itself with Redemption and become complete. With this, Applejack will be able to control the battlefield from the distance. Best of all, she would be able to remain in hiding thanks to the suppressor. And if they are ever just an arm's reach, then she would simply show them how tough of a gal she is.