• Published 31st Dec 2019
  • 2,837 Views, 51 Comments

Broken World - Arceaion



When one only want to forget, to escape, they will do anything, try anything. When a broken woman goes to the Merchant to start over she will be granted peace but everything has a price.

  • ...
10
 51
 2,837

Chapter 2

The sound of the preservation pod clicking open drew concerned looks from both Celestia and Daring as the girl inside slowly opened her eyes. "What is happening?" The girl asked as she looked around. "Adam, are you there?" She asked as she looked around confused till she saw the two ponies. The moment she saw them her eyes widened and she leapt backward out of the pod, two small drones shooting out from somewhere and heading toward her quickly placing themselves between her and the Ponies. "Why are you here?" She asked in a cold voice as she narrowed her eyes.

The two organics stared at her with confusion. "My apologies, but we were simply exploring these ruins." The one with tan fur said as she raised her hands in a calming gesture.

"Are here to terminate me?" Eve asked her stance still defensive as if she were expecting to be attacked.

"We're not going to harm you." The tall white one said as she slowly approached however stopped when the two drones moved to protect their master. "Please calm down and we will explain."

Eve eyed Celestia wearily before sighing and looking at the two drones. "Moby, Remy, stand down but be on guard." She ordered causing the two drones to seem to relax and slowly float over to their mistresses’ shoulders and hover there protectively. Celestia nodded and slowly approached the young Queen.

"Thank you, allow me to introduce myself." She said with a bow. "I am Princess Celestia, diarchy of Equestria." She said in a kind tone.

Eve eyes narrowed. "Why are you here?" She asked.

"As the mare beside me explained we were exploring this place, the facility here is nothing but ruins." Celestia said with frowned but kept her voice kind.

Eve frowned. "How long have I been asleep, where is Adam and our creator, Dr. Adrian?" She asked.

Celestia sighed. "Who is Adam?" She asked earning a raised eyebrow from Eve.

"As I am the Nasod 'Queen' you could say he was the 'King'. He was created by Dr. Adrian Nasod during the dawn of the advanced Nasod Age under the codename "Adam" and was designed to assist our creator in the mass production of Nasods units for the Elrian Kingdom, Adam assisted in the coding of all Nasod excluding certain individuals such as myself. Adam is identified as Second Generation Nasod; though it would be better to call him my brother in a sense."

Celestia took a shaky breath as she turned back to the entrance. "Nasod Queen, it's been over ten thousand years since any of your kind have actually been seen, most of them are lost due to the wear of time but the ones that do still remain are... mad."

Eves' shoulders slumped. "Did he..." She seemed shocked for a moment before running past Celestia and Daring to see the slumped over body of the Nasod King. "Adam!" She yelled in panic as she ran to him and embraced him. "No..." She whispered as tears began to fall from her eyes.

Celestia and Daring watched as the Queen hugged the body of the massive machine, tears slowly falling form her eyes. "If I didn't know better I'd say she's a living being but that's crazy." Daring said.

Celestia frowned. "She is a living being in all but body, she feels emotion, pain and loss." She said as she looked at Daring. "Perhaps these Nasod are more than just machines, it's entirely possible that this Dr. Adrian was able to make them... feel." She muttered.

As the two talked Eve wiped her tears and turned to the two organic beings. "Where is our creator, where is Adrian Nasod?" She asked calmly.

Celestia shook her head. "We don't know, as I said your kind has not been seen in over ten thousand years, if there was a race prior to yours then we have no surviving records at all of them.

Eve nodded her head sadly. "Then he has most likely passed." She said before rising. "I apologies for such a delayed introduction but this has all been moving too fast." She said as he bowed. "I am Eve, Queen of the Nasod. I was designed Dr. Adrian Nasod with the capability to understanding emotions as a means to balance out Adam logic." She said with a bow.

Celestia frowned. "So the other Nasod were not like you?" She asked.

Eve tilted her head as she frowned in thought. "I suppose you could say that in a sense you are correct. The first generation Nasod created solely by Adam were not designed as I and next generation Nasod were. After I was created Nasod began to develop emotions and were marked as the second generation."

Celestia nodded. "So you were the first to be created with emotions." She said causing Eve to nod.

"Not that this isn’t fascinating but now that your awake what do you plan to do?" Daring asked.

Eve stood silent for a moment before sitting down and looking crestfallen. "As the Queen of the Nasod it was my duty to protect them and insure their survival, from your information it seems that the Elrian Kingdom has fallen and my Nasod are nothing but dust." She said in a sad tone. "My duty however remains the same, I must find a way to revive the Nasod Race and resume my duties."

Celestia frowned. "Can that even be done?" She asked. "From what we understand such knowledge has been lost. All that remains of your time are scattered ruins and fragments of what once existed."

Eve sighed. "All knowledge is stored with in me however if what you say is true then it will complicate things." She said sadly.

Celestia bit her lip as she looked at the sad little queen sitting on the arm of the dead robot. "You could come with us." She said hesitantly causing the Nasod to look up surprised. "I mean, until you are able to either find where other Nasod are or a way to create new ones you could stay with me at the palace and given you've been asleep for so long I could help you reintegrate into this current time and..." Celestia looked away as she fidgeted however Eve slowly rose and hugged her surprising the two ponies.

"Thank you for your kindness, I would be happy to stay with you for a time." She said quietly.

Celestia nodded slowly as she smiled. "Do you need to bring anything?" She asked.

Eve nodded and released the taller princess before turning to Adam and walking up to the massive robots head. As she reached the head she popped open a hatch and removed a small chip, as she pulled the chip the robot body seem to dull and she examined it for a moment before nodding and putting it away. Once she was done she hopped off the robots body and returned to the two ponies. "I am ready to go now." She said with a smile.

"What did you do?" Daring asked.

Eve looked at the two pones with a thoughtful look before opening her mouth and closing it before looking confused; it was almost as if she couldn't come up with the right words. "Nasod have several primary systems; there is the Primary Mainframe, the AI Protocols and finally the Artificial Intelligence Core." She explained. "All these functions are controlled by certain circuits and computer chips, as long as these chips are not damaged severely the Nasod can be brought back online in a new body." She explained.

Daring stared at the Queen. "You want to bring back that crazy robot!" She growled angrily. "That thing tried to kill us!"

Eve sighed. "I will have to repair his AI Protocol before I bring him back online but as long as I have his chips and the database it can be done." She said calmly.

Daring moved to argue but Celestia paced an arm between the two. "Daring, I don't think Eve would bring him back if she intended to leave him as he was." She said calmly as she looked at the Queen who nodded.

"While Adam may have attacked I don't think he really was interesting in killing you simply making you leave." She said calmly. "Adam can’t harm living organics but he will fi needed to protect or if he is given orders that require him to. After all he is first and for most a builder; destruction is just not in his nature."

Daring was still frowning but sighed. "Fine, just keep him away from me when you do build him again." she said with a frown as he turned to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Eve asked.

"I'm going to leave." She said.

"I thought we were going to the princesses’ palace." Eve replied confused.

"Well we have to get out of here first." Daring said slowly as if she was talking to a little child.

"We could take a dimension corridor to the palace instead." Eve offered causing the ponies to look at her confused. "Do you not have dimensional teleportation?" She asked getting further confused looks from the two ponies.

"Can you please explain Eve?" Celestia asked receiving a nod from the Queen.

"Some Nasod Like I have access to many skills and abilities, at present most of my features are locked as most of my internal components have sustained heavy damage." She explained calmly. "Because of this damage I am limited to my base form and base abilities however one the abilities I possess is called Dimension Link. This ability permits me to open a dimensional door allowing transportation to any location I desire as long as I have coordinates."

Celestia and Daring looked at her surprised. "Wait so this isn't your real form?" Daring asked.

Eve shook her head. "Not exactly, this is my base form however I have others. At present my base form is the only one I can use as the programs and circuits that permit me access to these forms has been corrupted or damaged. Internal repairs will take time but as long as nothing too strenuous occurs to my body I should be able to access my Code: Electra form in forty-seven hours, thirty-eight minutes and twelve seconds."

"What other form do you have?" Daring asked intrigued.

"At present only this one however the other forms I have access to but are locked is Code: Electra, Code: Battle Seraph, Transcendence, and Code: Sariel."

What's with the Code part of the name?" Daring asked.

"It is referring to the code required to run the programs that control the abilities of the form. Each form has special programs and codes controlled by a central program, my personality, form and abilities alter depending on what form I take however I can assure you that the more that are unlocked the more mature and capable I become."

"Were there others like you, with this ability I mean?" Celestia asked.

Eve nodded. "Indeed, they are my sister units and the prototypes for me. The earliest prototype Q-PROTO_00 was given access to the Code: Exotic series of upgrades. She was deemed a failure when she failed to develop senses and emotions, instead she became one of the strongest Nasod combat troopers that ever existed in Elrios and was known as one of the most powerful Nasod Prototypes. Unfortunately she went rogue and was destroyed."

"What forms did she have access to?" Celestia asked.

Eve thought for a moment before replying. "If I recall she was heavy combat oriented and as such she was given access to the combat form of my code. The forms she had access to were Code: Exotic, Code: Nemesis, Transcendence, and Code: Ultimate."

Celestia frowned. "You said sister units, plural, who was the second?"

Eve smiled as her eyes seemed to unfocused. "The second prototype and my little sister, Nasod Princess Apple; Apple was very gentle and intelligent, she cared greatly for organic beings but she was not capable of handling her emotions so she was deemed a failure. While Q-PROTO_00 was deemed a failure because she failed to develop senses and emotions, Apple was a failure for the opposite reasons." She explained sadly.

Celestia looked at the Queen with a look of sadness. "Do you miss her?" She asked.

Eve nodded. "More than you can imagine but I know she's still out there somewhere, she and I were both placed in preservation pods and set in secure locations so she must be.
Apple was not built for battle, however her skill in controlled Nasod units was beyond mine, because of this Apple was given a program that focused on her benevolence and imagination, the Code: Architecture. She was also given access to the Code: Empress, Transcendent and Code: Esencia."

"So you each had a separate set of codes and forms." Was it hard to work together with such differences?" Celestia asked.

Eve shrugged. "The only trouble we ever had was with Q-PROTO_00, Apple and I never really fought or had any trouble." Eve said before frowning. "Though, I think that if I had been a better sister things with Q-PROTO_00 might have been different. Apple was the compassionate one, so full of life and joy but I was always distant. I had to rule the Nasod and help Adam so I didn’t get to see them often and I think it hurt them in a way that I was always so distant." She said sadly.

"Perhaps one day you can make it up to them." Celestia offered.

Eve nodded slowly as she stood from Adams destroyed body and turned to the two. "I need coordinates to open use the Dimension Link or at least a good image of where to go."

"Well we're not far." Celestia said in thought. "If we go to the surface you can see it from there."

Eve sighed. "Very well, we can go to the surface. I'll open a gate from there." She said as she began to walk to the entrance. As the group climbed the stairs they exited to only to see that the sun had begun to set the sky having changed from blue to deep orange and purple as the ball of fire set. Eve stood transfixed and as she looked at the sky a memory flashing through her mind.

"This sunset... I've seen this dusk... before." She said as she slowly walked forward causing Celestia and Daring to look confused. "I saw it before... before I knew only the darkness of sleep... this was the sight that greeted me... before he..." Eve’s eyes widened. "The Gears..." She muttered before shaking her head. "Sorry... I was lost in a memory though it's faint." She said with a frown as she rubbed her head. "Perhaps the memory restoration was incomplete?" Eve asked causing Celestia and Daring to look confused. Eve shook her head and sighed. "Doesn't matter now." She said as she turned to them. "Where is the castle you mentioned?" She asked.

Celestia pointed to a mountain in the far distance. "That mountain has a city on it, my castle is there." She said.

Eve’s eyes glowed as she looked at the mountain. "Estimating range of Gate placement, calculating to best of one one-hundredth of location, Calculations completed." She said as she raised her hand from which a complex runic circle appeared as her eyes glowed. "Opening Dimension Link." She said as a massive vortex of blue energy opened as Eve stepped aside. "I would advise we go through quickly, in my current state I can only keep a gate open for a minute at most." She said snapping Celestia and Daring out of their shock and they quickly stepped forward.

Celestia stepped through and disappeared however Daring hesitated. "It's safe right?" She asked.

"As long as we're not on a moving target it should be fine." She said with a nod. "If we were traveling to a confined space or moving target then we would run the risk of mass displacement trauma, twisted limbs or even metal burn." She said in a factual tone however as she turned looking the Pegasus up and down while Daring had a look of horror on her face and frowned. "Well... maybe not that last one since your flesh." She said with a shrug before pushing the Pegasus through and then jumping in herself.

Author's Note:

If the Ending doesn't make sense or seems out of place then just know it's meant to. I said in a earlier comment that Eve won't be getting the memories of who she was originally back but even though she won't get them back they aren't all completely gone, there are still traces of who she was that will appear from time to time. This is one such moment when she seemed to remember something but it's so fragmented and broken that it's more of distant feeling and sense of forgetting something than an actual memory. She knows she should have a memory there but she doesn't and it leaves her with only a feeling of what might be sadness or regret.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I will see you in the next one.