• Published 2nd Nov 2019
  • 1,601 Views, 594 Comments

Pokémon: Equestrian Adventures - Banshee531



Our heroes adventures through the Equestria Region continue. With new friends, new rivals and new Pokémon to encounter.

  • ...
6
 594
 1,601

PreviousChapters Next
In Pokémon We Give Thanks

Following Flash's hard-fought victory at the Applewood City Gym, our heroes are now at the Pokémon Center to decide the best route to getting to Appleoosa City. The four were at the center's cafeteria, enjoying a well-cooked breakfast while Twilight tapped her journal. And as Flash finished off his cereal, his ears caught onto a nearby television's broadcast.

"In over news, sightings have been confirmed of the escaped convict Archibald Kaito." Flash blinked at the box as it now showed an image of a man with a small beard and blue bandanna on his head. "The former gang leader was arrested five years ago after attempting to awaken a Legendary Pokémon, which sources say ended with it doing battle against another legendary. He was said to have escaped custody over a year ago while receiving treatment for an unknown illness at the Hoenn Region's top medical facility. It was believed he had succumbed to his illness due to lack of medical care. However, sightings of him have confirmed he is still alive and active somewhere in this region. Viewers are advised to not directly engage him, and to call the police should you see him."

"I got it!" said a voice, making Flash looking away from the television. It was here that Twilight showed her journal to the group, pointing at the screen. "I think I've come up with the best way to get from here to Appleoosa. You see, Appleoosa City is actually located inside an Equestrian Landmark known as the Grand Desert. It's very hard to cross due to its size and lack of water. There are only a few select areas you can find shelter, meaning you can't just go straight across it."

Doc nodded at this, "I see. If we did that, we'd probably run out of water before we even got halfway there."

Twilight snapped her fingers at his statement, "Exactly right Doc. That's why we should start here," she pointed to a spot on the edge of the desert that had a small red dot. "It's called Dodge Junction. We can start there and get everything we'll need to cross the desert, then zig-zag through it to collect water until we reach Appleoosa."

"Awesome!" Flash pounded his fists together, "Who wants to bet there'll be tons of super-strong Pokémon there?! The perfect place to train for my next battle!"

Spike then shook in his seat, letting out a loud gulp, "Are we sure that's such a good idea? I mean, what if we get lost or can't find any water?"

Twilight shook her head in response, "Don't worry Spike. If the Grand Desert was dangerous, no one would be allowed to travel over it."

"I guess...." Spike muttered while chowing down on his scrambled egg on toast. The others followed suit by finishing their breakfast, soon grabbing their bags to head outside. But as they exited the center, they all backpedaled at a new sight.

In front of them was a completely different town from yesterday. There were ribbons wrapped around the branches of every tree and bush on the streets, light strings now gracing all the street lights and buildings. Balloons in the shapes of different Pokémon faces including Pikachu, Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Treecko and others now floated over the populace, banners and kites displaying Pokémon all flying through the air.

"What's going on?" Spike asked as the rest just stared at the town.

"Is it some kind of big event going on?" Twilight added as she put her hand on her bag, ready to pull out her journal-

"It's the Pokémon Friendship Festival." They all turned to see Applejack, Rarity and the three young teens walking up to them. They were each carrying plastic bags, all of them appearing to be filled to the brim.

"What's the Pokémon Friendship Festival?" Spike responded, the younger girls giggling at his question.

"Dude, it's the best time of the year." Scootaloo chimed in.

Sweetie nodded in agreement. "It's when the trainers in town give thanks to all their Pokémon. They get them presents and gifts as a way to show how much they appreciate them and everything they do."

"And don't forget the party," Apple Bloom exclaimed, a giant grin on her face, "It's at Sweet Apple Acres and goes right inta da night! There's music, food, dancin' and at da end of da night, they set off some real swell looking fireworks! Scootaloo's right, it's da best night of da year!"

Rarity chuckled at the girls' enthusiasm. "You see darlings, one of the reasons we wanted to come back so soon was so we could celebrate the festival."

"And to get Rarity through the Everfree as quick as possible." Applejack added with a smirk, Rarity glaring back at her.

"That place was dreadful Applejack, and you know it!" Rarity grumbled before looking back at the group, "Even so, you should all come and enjoy yourselves. It'll be a great way to enjoy your last night in Applewood."

Everyone exchanged glances, only to see nothing but smiles as Flash cheered, "Heck yeah, I'm up for it! After all the hard work my Pokémon have put in lately, it's the least we can do for them. What do you guys say?"

"I'm in!" Spike added. "It sounds fun!"

Doc nodded in agreement, "Agreed. This sounds like a great way to show our Pokémon how much they mean to us."

Twilight clapped her hands at this, "I think it's an excellent idea. In fact, I'm surprised more towns don't have something like this. It could be a really great Equestria Region holiday."

Applejack tipped her hat at the comment, "That's mighty nice of yah ta say sugarcube." She then held up the bags they were carrying, "Well, we'd better git goin'. Sweet Apple Acres ain't gonna decorate itself, then ah gotta get mah presents ready for mah Pokémon."

Rarity did a small bow, "We'll see you all later then darlings. The party starts at sunset, so be sure to get there around then."

One round of short goodbyes later...

Flash spoke up first as they put away their travel bags, "Alright, the first thing we need to do is get presents for everyone."

Twilight rubbed her chin at this, "You're right...but what do we get?"

Doc raised a finger at this, "You know, I think I'll give my present a homemade feel. I bet I could come up with something great for Tockwork and the others."

"Okay, if that's your plan, me and Flash'll try just good old fashion shopping." Twilight then started scanning over her journal, gesturing Flash to look. She soon pointed to a section of the town map, "It seems this is the shopping district. We should be able to find something there."

Flash turned to Springer, who was on his shoulder, and patted his head, "Alright, you stay here bud."

"Ri?" Springer tilted his head in response.

"It won't be any fun if you know what present you're getting. That means you need to stay here while I go shopping."

"That's a good idea," Twilight added before seeing her brother raise his hand, "Yes Spike?"

"If you guys want, I can look after all your Pokémon. I promise I'll take really good care of them."

The two shared a glance, Doc then speaking up, "I'll be here working on my presents, so I can help if anything happens."

Nodding at this, the trio took out their Pokeballs.

"Skyler, Riptide, Prongs, Viper and Hopper, come on out!"

"Higear, Tockwork and Steeledge, out you come!"

"You too Owlicious!" They tossed the balls into the air, nine swirls of red energy hitting the ground to reveal the Pokémon. They all let out their individual cries, Springer and Peewee jumping down to join the group.

Twilight adjusted her glasses with a grin, "Flash and I are going shopping for you all. So everyone be good and listen to anything Spike tells you, alright?"

They all let out cries of agreement, Spike jumping in front of them, "ALRIGHT! Let's get going guys!" He turned back to the Pokémon Center and marched inside, the Pokémon all marching behind him.

The older teens all laughed before Doc turned to the two, "We'll see you guys later."

Two nods later as the Gym Leader went inside, Flash turned to Twilight, "So, should we get going?"

"Sure." Twilight replied as they began to go for the city's shopping district. As they moved through the streets, Twilight's vision glanced over at her companion. 'Huh. This is the first time in a while Flash and I have been alone together now that I think about it. He just won his fourth badge...he's improved quite a bit.'

Twilight was pulled from her thoughts as Flash spoke up next, "What do you think you're gonna get?"

Twilight hummed before rubbing her chin, "I don't know. I guess I'll have to wait until we get there and see what the stores have."

"That makes sense." Flash responded, the two now going through the town. They first made their way through a small park, seeing a barrage of children playing with many different Pokémon. The sight made them comment that Cheese Sandwich would love to bring his Bloxx for this amount of kids. As for the Pokémon, some seemed to be trained while others were wild, not that it mattered much to the children. One group of kids were playing soccer, a Raboot accidentally kicking the ball too hard, which made it fly over the goal and land right in front of the two trainers.

They chuckled as the kids asked for the ball, Flash nodding and taking a few steps back. But as he tried to kick the sphere, he missed, losing his balance with a mighty swing. Everybody laughed at the sight of the boy falling on his butt, Twilight shaking her head before picking and throwing the ball back.

It was here that they got to the shopping district, now seeing a valley of shops and restaurants, the perfect place for gifts. Twilight gasped at the sight as she spun around, "Amazing! This place is almost as big as Canterlot's shopping district."

"Sounds good to me. I say we go and look in every single store, leave no stone unturned and stuff."

"Agreed."

And so, the two began their search, beginning in one of the larger stores. Unfortunately, it was all for show, the duo not finding a thing that they thought their Pokémon would like. They then headed to the next store, now staring at the window. "Hey, that's kind of cute." Twilight spotted a silver-colored top hat with a large feather on the side. "Hmmm...think that would look good on Owlicious?" But Flash didn't hear her, her imagination now answering her question as she imagined her Psychick with the hat...and the hat falling over his eyes. "Eh, maybe that wouldn't-"

"Hey Twilight!" She hopped in place at the sudden voice, her eyes darting around as she tried to find the voice's owner.

"Flash?"

"Up here!" She turned and now found herself looking at a life-sized Bewear toy that was sitting outside a store, Flash's head just barely showing over the top of the doll, "What do you think? I bet Springer and the others would love it."

Twilight let out an awkward giggle, "It might be the tiniest bit too big."

"Huh?" Flash blinked as he looked down at the toy, now seeing it was awkward to carry. "Yeah...you might be right."

The two continued looking around for another hour, but still found nothing they thought their Pokémon might like. "Ooh...." Twilight muttered as she spotted a very large book in a nearby window. It took all her willpower not to go in and start reading, gripping her side, "Come on, focus! You need to find something for Owlicious and Peewee, not you!"

"Hey Twilight!" She turned to Flash again, only to almost scream when she spotted some kind of mechanical monster had swallowed Flash's head. He then removed it to show it a helmet, tons of weird gadgets and doodads on it. "What do you think? This thing's apparently got night vision, X-ray and thermal vision."

Twilight rapidly blinked as she tried to reply, "Errr...when would they actually use that? I doubt they'd be allowed to wear it in a battle."

"Uh..." Flash looked down at the helmet, "Guess you got a point." He moaned as he put the doohicky back, "But what the heck am I supposed to get?!"

"That's a good question. I'm still stuck on that question myself." She then turned to another store, this one across the street. "Hmm...maybe that place can-"

"Twilight!" She looked back and saw Flash had walked to the end of the street, now pointing at a corner. "I'm gonna check down here. I'll meet you back here soon."

Before Twilight could even call out, he disappeared, making her sigh and shake her head. "Can't sit still for a minute..." As these words left her mouth, she went into the store, hoping she'd find something as her stomach was starting to get a bit on the empty side.


Meanwhile...

Back at the Pokémon Center, Doc was sitting at a table with a bunch of metal pieces littered on it. Spike and the Pokémon were all scattered around the room, the young boy now pulling a brush out of Twilight's bag. "Alright guys, its time for a brushing." This caught the attention of Springer, Hopper, Owlicious, Prongs and Peewee, the others ignoring the gesture. "Anyone who wants a good brush, get in line." The five aforementioned Pokémon all rushed over, each trying to be first. "W-w-wait!" Spike cried before he was tackled to the floor, now finding himself trapped under a Houndour pile. "Ow..."

Doc looked up and laughed at the spectacle, then over at his Pokémon. As Spike pulled himself free, he heard Doc call out. "Here!" Spike looked up to see an object flying at him, the teen now catching a cloth wrapped around a tin of polish. "Do me a favor and polish my Pokémon for me."

This caught the three Steel-Types's attention as Spike did a salute, "You got it! Everyone, line up in an orderly fashion." He saw the Pokémon were about to start shoving each other, "Anyone I see pushing gets knocked to the back of the line!" This made them all freeze in place, Spike giggling at the sight before pointing at Hopper, "You're up first."

"Hop!" Hopper cheered as he bounced into Spike's lap, the teen getting to work. He thoroughly enjoyed the experience, soon crying as Spike declared it to be done. After a little convincing, he bounced out as the others began their turns, first being Owlicious, then Springer and Prongs. But when Peewee stepped up, Spike saw the expectant look on the dragon's face, "Peewee...you know what happens every time we try this. Your scales are too hard that they'll break the brush."

"Terra..." he moaned before turning away, Spike frowning at the sight.

"Peewee..." Spike muttered before crossing his arms, only for a bulb to shine in his brain, "Oh yeah!" He then got up and went to Twilight's bags, "Here Peewee, Twilight should still have some Poke-Muffs for you."

"Terragon!" he cheered as Spike pulled out the treats, soon consuming as Spike got to work on Doc's Pokémon.


Meanwhile...again.

Flash sighed as he walked out of what felt like the hundredth store, still finding nothing. "Awww man. There's gotta be something that Springer and the others would want. But what?! Why is this so hard?!" His thoughts were broken by the sound of grumbling from his stomach, causing him to moan as he gripped his gut. "And now I'm hungry."

It was here he headed back from where he came, now seeing Twilight walk out of the store she had go into before, only now she was carrying a bag. "Hey Flash."

"Hey, you get something?"

"Yup," Twilight nodded while holding up the bag. "Something they'd both really like. Though I think I might need to add a little extra detail for...you know, the personal touch."

"That's cool."

"What about you?" This statement caused Flash to look away, "I'm guessing that's a no."

"I'm sorry! I just...I couldn't find anything, then my stomach started telling me I needed to take my brain off searching for it."

Twilight giggled at this, now pointing at a nearby café. "What say we fill our stomachs and then see if we can't find you something for the others."

"Sounds good to me. It'll be easier to search on a full stomach." But as they stepped into the restaurant, his heart almost stopped at a loud popping sound now embracing the café.

"CONGRATULATIONS!"

Flash raised an eyebrow as one of the waitresses walked up to him, "You have the distinct honor of being our one-millionth customer."

"Wait...what?!"

The waitress turned to the other customers, "Give this young lad a round of applause." Everyone and their Pokémon did so as a waiter came up holding a small box.

"To commemorate this special occasion, please accept this gift."

"For me?" Flash pointed at himself, but took the box anyway. "Uh...thank you." Everyone clapped again, Flash and Twilight glancing at each other before taking their seats and gave their orders. "Huh. I never thought I'd be the one getting a gift."

Twilight nodded in agreement as she looked down at the box, "What did they give you?" Flash undid the tape and opened the box, revealing a long roll of pink ribbon with a purple glass object inside. "Wow. That's really pretty." She took the marble out and saw the front came off, removing it to see some kind of gel-like material. "Hmm...I think you could carve a shape into this."

"That's cool..." Flash closed the box and let out a moan, "But it still doesn't help me come up with anything to get the others." He put his head on the table, "Am I that bad of a trainer for not knowing what my Pokémon would want?"

Twilight shook her head, "No. It just means you know what they wouldn't like. If you were a bad trainer, you would have picked the first thing that caught your eye and not given it a second's thought."

"Like a giant cuddly toy or a weird helmet?"

Twilight giggled at that. "They probably would have liked those things...you know, if you didn't have the issue of travelling with it."

"Yeah...you might be right."

"Springer and the others will love anything you choose." He looked up at her, "All they care about is that the gift comes from you."

"You really think so?"

Twilight nodded in response. "Sure. What would make you happy if you got a gift?"

"Make me happy? Does it matter?"

"Of course. After all, they're your Pokémon. The reason you guys work so well together is because of how similar you are. Not that they're all exactly like you, but you have just enough in common for it to be noticeable. So, what would make you happy if you got a gift?"

Flash hummed as he thought this over, "What would make me happy?" His brain began to turn as the waitress came up with their order, his eyes going wide. "That's it!" Everyone turned to him with a raised eyebrow, only to see him munch down his sandwich and one-shot his milkshake. "I know what I can get them!" He then cut into a sprint, instantly leaving the café.

"Flash!"

"I'll meet you at Sweet Apple Acres later!" With that, he was out of the restaurant and running down the street.

Twilight just blinked at his seat, only to stare at her food before eating it at a much slower rate. Once she was done, she gave the staff her thanks and headed out to return to the Pokémon Center. And as she made the trip, she couldn't help but wonder what Flash's gift plan was.

And as for Flash, he kept running as fast as he could, eventually making his way to the very edge of the city. Beyond that point was the forest, not a part of Sweet Apple Acres, but it was what he was looking for, "Alright..." he cracked his knuckles, "Let's do this thing!"


Meanwhile...one more time!

Back at the Pokémon Center, everyone had enjoyed their Poke-Muffs and were now relaxing. They knew they were all going to a big party tonight, so they wanted to be rested up. Owlicious was especially close to falling asleep when he heard the doors open and his trainer's voice following it, "I'm back!"

"Psy!" Owlicious cheered as he took to the air, flying over to his trainer's arm.

"Hey you! How's it going? Was Spike good in taking care of you?" Twilight asked while scratching behind his ear.

Spike and Doc both chuckled at the sight, only for Doc to ask, "Where's Flash?"

Twilight giggled while adjusting her glasses. "He's still looking for a present, but I think he's got an idea on what he wants to get them." She put Owlicious down with the rest of the Pokémon, "So did anything happen while we were gone?"

Doc shook his head, "No. Spike did a great job keeping everyone happy and well behaved."

"That's great. I'm proud of you Spike." She started patting her brother's head, only to see a big frown on his face, "What's wrong?"

"Well...it's just...I kinda want to give everyone a present too. Do I have to be a trainer to give one?"

Twilight shined a big smile before placing a hand on his shoulder, "Of course not. I'm sure the Pokémon will love whatever you give them, as long as it's from you." As if to highlight this fact, Springer, Peewee, Hopper and Owlicious all surrounded him.

"Ri, riolu!"

"Terra!"

"Hoppin, hop!"

"Psy!"

"Aww...thanks guys." He started scratching Peewee, only for a bulb to shine over his head, "Hey, I know what I can do! I'll make a drawing of you guys! Something super cool, showing how awesome you all are!" This statement got a loud cheer from all the Pokémon, Spike quickly running over to his bag and pulling out a large piece of paper and several different colored pencils. "Alright everyone, get into a pose you'd like idolized!" They all did so, the Pokémon Center suddenly getting filled with a bunch of life-like Pokémon statues as Spike began to work his magic.

Twilight and Doc both chuckled at the sight, Twilight now sitting down at the table Doc's project was on. Twilight opened her shopping bag and took out her presents, glad Spike was distracting Owlicious and Peewee so they didn't see their gifts. She also took out some decorations she had gotten at the store, the objects making her sigh, "I've spent way too long with Rarity. I would have never done this before..."

"Eh, you shouldn't be ashamed. If you're putting extras to your gift, it shows you care even more." Doc commented as he spun a screwdriver in his hand, "Speaking of which, I'd better be getting this finished as well."


Back in the forest, Flash was also hard at work. He was foraging through a pile of bushes, branches sticking on his back as his clothes were now covered in dirt along with several scratches now gracing his arms and face. He sighed while wiping his brow, "Maybe I should find just a little bit more...."

It was here that he heard the sounds of trees rustling, making him turn to see something jump out of the bushes. It was a duck-shaped Pokémon, carrying a large leek in its wing. "Far," it squawked out while turning to stare at Flash. The trainer just stood there, his mouth unable to move. But as he did this, the bird gave him a peace sign...then ran away.

"Wait!" Flash cried, reaching for his belt. However, as he gripped the piece of clothing, he then remembered he had left his Pokeballs at the Pokémon Center. "Aw man! You gotta be kidding me! Just when I see a cool Pokémon to catch..." His head and shoulders slumped next, only to smack the sides of his face, "No! Don't let that get you down Flash! You've got an important job to do. You can catch Pokémon later..."

With that, he turned back to the bushes...only to see two more birds with leeks beyond the foliage. Before he could say anything, they both cut into a sprint, making him moan out, "Oh, come on!"


Several hours later...

It was time. Everyone was now heading to Sweet Apple Acres. The teens were going in their own small group, Twilight leading the troop with Doc carrying Spike's present while Spike had Flash's bag. It was here that the farm came into view, now marveling at the sight. The whole place was decorated, lights wrapped around the fences and in the trees along with tables filled with food and stacks of presents. And apples. Lots of apples everywhere.

"Wow..." Twilight whispered, "I can't believe they set this up in just one day."

"Naw, it ain't that special. We've just had a lotta practice in doin' it." They turned to see Applejack and Rarity walking up.

"Well it looks great," Doc replied.

The girls did a set of nods before Rarity asked, "Where's Flash?"

"I'm here!" They all spun around to the voice, now seeing the teen trudging to them with a large sack hoisted over his back. "Sorry! It took a while to get everything I needed. I didn't miss anything, did I?"

Applejack shook her head, "Naw, ya'll just in time."

"Great."

"So Flash, what did yah get?"

"You'll have to wait and find out." He laughed as Springer and Hopper ran up to him, the Hoppin jumping onto Flash's shoulder and nuzzling his face. They all giggled at the sight, the group soon going over to the present table and placed their gifts onto it, making sure to connect a card with their names in case they got mixed up with one another.

Once done, they turned to a small stage where Granny and Big Mac were standing. "Greeting ya'll!" The Gym Leader yelled as everyone else cheered back. "Today is the day we give thanks ta the Pokémon that help us in our day ta day life. This world we live in would be a much darker place without them in it. Whilst we humans see ourselves as the dominant race, we never would'a gotten this far without our Pokémon companions."

Everyone who heard this all smiled or hugged their Pokémon. Flash himself couldn't help but think back to the times he had met and made friends with all of his Pokémon. The time he met Springer after Shining had caught him, catching Skyler and helping him learn to fly. He also remembered Riptide, who had followed him with amazing determination while he won over Prongs due to helping him see how well humans and Pokémon work together. There was also catching Viper, working together with the snake to save everyone when they were poisoned. And finally, finding Hopper's egg and hatching the little guy.

Granny then tapped her cane on the stage, "Now, let's show our Pokémon how much we love'em by showin' them the night of their lives! Who's with me?!"

"YEAH!!!"

And so, the festival began, everyone now partying it up like no tomorrow. It was an act that would make Pinkie Pie proud, everyone having fun. There was an area where someone was playing a fiddle, many people and Pokémon dancing to the music. Several stands were set up, each with a different game or food available to enjoy. "Step right up, step right up, hit the egg and win a prize!" The stand vendor pointed to a line of six sticks about ten feet away, each having a large egg on it, which had been decorated to look like an Exeggcute. "Each egg you knock over gets you a point. The more points you win, the better the prize you get."

"Awesome!" Spike took a turn, being given six balls to throw. He looked up at the prizes, which went from a lollipop to a cool looking paintball gun, which would need for a perfect score to win. "Here goes!" He tossed the first ball...only to miss. "Aw man!" He looked at the next best prize, which was a collection of stuffed Pokémon plushs. "Next one!" He threw the ball and missed again, "Noo!" He kept doing this until he only had one ball left, huffing as he threw it without even looking.

"Winner!"

"Huh?" He looked back up and saw he had actually hit the egg, "Seriously?" He was presented with a lollipop, which he took and began to enjoy despite having a grumpy look on his face.

In another area of the farm, Twilight and Flash were staring down at a jar of Poke-Beans. If they could guess the exact number, they'd win the jar. "I'm gonna say...six hundred and eight-no nine." He wrote that total down next to his name, Twilight giggling at guess.

"I doubt its that. The average size of the Poke-Bean is one point five centimeters. Divide the jar's size by that and we're talking...seven hundred and fifty-three Poke-Beans." She wrote that down, Flash rolling his eyes at her answer.

Doc was over by a large bucket, which had several apples bobbing in it. He took a deep breath and dunked his head in, trying to grasp an apple with his mouth, only to gasp as he quickly came up for air. As he started panting, his eyes darted over to see a Zweilous and its trainer step up to the bucket before one of the heads dipped into the water. Doc saw the other head take deep breaths while the other stayed under the water, eventually coming up with two apples in its mouth. Everyone cheered as the trainer took one of the apples and gave it to the other head, Doc pouting as he crossed his arms. "That's cheating."

Eventually, the clock rang and Granny walked back up onto stage. "Alright, ya'll, it's almost time to exchange gifts. But first, it's time to announce da winner of da Poke-Bean jar." Mac handed her the clipboard with all the names on it, the older woman taking a minute to look them over. "Da exact number is seven hundred and fifty-three Poke-Beans, which uh...well ah'll be! We got someone who got tha exact number! The winner is...Twilight Sparkle!"

Twilight shined a smug smile as she walked up on stage to collect her prize, everyone clapping at the sight before Granny spoke up again, "Now, it's gift time! Everyone head to da gift table and get yours."

Everyone did so, all forming an orderly crowd around the table. Spike was first, taking a big tube before pulling out the picture inside, "Check it out!" He unfurled it to show a giant drawn poster, each showing their Pokémon in the poses they had been in before. Springer was in the center of the poster, looking like he was leaping off of the paper while thrusting an Aura Sphere in his right paw. The others were all around him, each one using one of their moves like Aqua Tail, Energy Ball, Flamethrower, Steel Wing, Peck, Incinerate and over moves. The whole thing looked action-packed, like something you would see on an action movie poster. "Looks just like you guys, right?" The Pokémon all gave their own cheers in return, the teens chuckling at the sight.

After this, the Pokémon split up to see what their trainers had gotten them. "Here you go," Twilight placed two boxes in front of Owlicious and Peewee. The two ripped the paper off, Peewee with his claws and Owlicious with his beak, Twilight laughing at the gesture, "What do you think?"

"Psy!" Owlicious gasped as he stared at his present, seeing it was a red bowtie with many different colored sequins sawn into it, giving it a very glittery appeal.

"I thought you'd like it." Twilight took the bowtie and put it on the Psychick, "And...perfect!"

Twilight then turned to Peewee, who was staring down at his present. It was a red hairbrush with his name written on it in sequins, the Terragon tilting his head, "Terra?"

Twilight smiled as she picked up the brush. "I know you really like getting brushed, but you usually end up ripping the brushes, so I got this one just for you." She turned it over and showed a bunch of metal bristles. "The store owner said this one's made perfectly for hard scales like yours. They're made from the discarded metal of Steel-type Pokémon, which make them super strong and very thin, the perfect combo for you."

She then brushed the instrument down the Terragon's back, making him purr at the enjoyable sensation. "Terra..." he sighed before looking up at Twilight, "wagon!" He jumped up and rubbed his head into Twilight's cheek, making her laugh as Spike took the brush and started the job he had denied him earlier.

Over with Doc and his Pokémon, he was showing them what looked like a toy designed after the outside of Doc's Gym, which was painted blue with a large wide-up key on the top. The three just blinked at it, Doc now taking the key out of the top, "Check it out," he put the key into the front of the box and turned it. "Once it's wound up, the box can open." He did so, the box opening and folding out to reveal a large stage like object.

"Gear/Tock/Steel," they all gasped as music began to play, now noticing little figures of themselves on the stage, spinning on a wheel so they each got a moment at the front.

"It's a Time Turner Toy Music Box. You like it?" The three gave their cries of joy, all soon dancing at the music.

Meanwhile, Flash dropped the sack in front of his Pokémon, now undoing the top. His Pokémon went star-eyed at the sight before them, now seeing a mountain of berries. "There you go, freshly handpicked berries. I think I managed to get at least one of each, so enjoy."

"RIO/WING/SPARN/FAY/SCOR/HOP!" The six cheered before munching on the delicious treats, each finding the ones they really liked. Viper and Wingust were enjoying the spicy berries like Tomato, Spelon, and Liechi while Riptide gorged himself on Pamtre and Ganlon. Springer and Prongs were enjoying the sweet berries, like Watmel and Salac, while Hopper seemed to prefer the bitter Belue and Apicot berries.

Flash laughed at the sight, happy to see the giant smiles on all their faces. Now happy he had found the perfect gift, he started looking at the other trainers. They were all still giving gifts, looks of love and happiness on every face. Rarity and her Pokémon were all hugging after she put on the many accessories she had got them, Applejack now buried under her Pokémon after they tackled her into a hug. Even Granny was giving her Pokémon a bunch of gifts, Flash a little amazed to see Timbark smiling.

The next hour was filled with nothing but happiness, cheering and fun, the berry mountain having been completely decimated. Flash laughed again at the sight of his Pokémon, the six all laying down with remarkably large stomachs. "Looks like they liked their gifts," Flash looked up to see Twilight and Spike walking up with their Pokémon.

"Yup. Thanks for giving me the idea."

Twilight did a small smiling nod, but before she could say anything, a loud boom echoed throughout the air. Turning around, the now saw that the night sky was filled with an array of beautiful lights. "FIREWORKS!" Spike cheered, everyone doing the same as they were captivated at the sight.

No one said anything more as they watched the show with unequalled interest, the display lasting another hour or so. And as the last few rocket flew into the sky, Flash turned to one person in particular. "Twilight..." She turned to see him holding out a familiar-looking box, "Here. I wanted you to have something from me."

"Huh? What for?" Twilight asked, only for Flash to point to his Pokémon, the group still watching the fireworks.

"I never would have come up with what to get everyone without your help." He then suddenly started to look very sheepish, scratching the back of his head as he held the box out. "So uh...this is just my way of saying thanks. I hope you like it."

Twilight gasped at this, quickly taking the box and holding it close to her heart. "Thank you Flash, I'll always treasure it."

The two stared at each for a few more seconds before looking back at the fireworks display, huge smiles on their faces. A bond between a trainer and their Pokémon is like nothing the world has ever seen, but the bond between friends is just as powerful. Now, our heroes can set their sights on Appleoosa City and Flash's next Equestria Region Gym Challenge, as the journey continues.

Author's Note:

You know, I think this might be the first Pokemon chapter I've written that didn't have a battle in it. It's...oddly satisfying. Alright, tell me what you think.

PreviousChapters Next