• Published 14th Aug 2019
  • 335 Views, 3 Comments

Not Surprising - n3k1dsk1llz

  • ...
0
 3
 335

Just some RariJack

PROLOGUE

Pain. It will always be around. You may not always feel it; that just means it's not your turn yet.

But don't run from pain when it comes to you. It can be a powerful catalyst. Harnessed and used properly, pain can end wonderfully.
_____________________
APPLEJACK

Applejack didn't have any words. Rarity was crying. And this wasn't her usual diva “getting what I want” crying. She was genuinely sad. She felt unwanted. She felt unloved. But she wasn't unloved. All her friends completely love her.

Especially me.

Applejack's own thought surprised her. It was something she had known for a while but hadn't ever put into words until now. But it was scary. Especially since Rarity was her best friend. Should she risk that?

Applejack reached out and touched her friend's cheek. She leaned in and pressed her lips to Rarity's. Rarity leaned in as well, wrapping her arms around Applejack.

Their kiss was electric. Applejack felt it through to the core of her being. And when she pulled back, she saw that Rarity felt exactly the same.
___________________________
RARITY

What just happened?

Rarity felt amazingly giddy. She had been wanting this for so long. Applejack was looking at her with a bit of concern and a whole mountain of hopefulness. Rarity knew it was her move.

She smiled. A smile so genuine that even Applejack wouldn't sense any fault in it. She pulled Applejack in for as tight an embrace as she could muster.

"I love you, Applejack."

The words, whispered into her ear, cause a slight tension in Applejack. And that tension, I'm turn, caused some worry for Rarity.

Applejack released her hug and pushed Rarity away to arms length. The motion scared Rarity. She was scared that she ruined the moment. She was scared she ruined their friendship.

Through watery eyes she looked to Applejack's face. Her grin said it all, but her words confirmed it.

"I love you too, Rarity."

Applejack pulled her in once more and kissed her. Rarity could really feel Applejack's passion and she happily reciprocated.
_____________________________
EPILOGUE

"You see!? I TOLD you there wasn't anything like that between me and AJ."

Rainbow Dash's words brought them all back to reality. The rest of the girls had been watching Applejack and Rarity from the bakery across the street. They were all quite surprised at the event. Everyone except for Rainbow Dash, anyway.

She kept exclaiming that she knew ever since Equestria Land. The other girls kept saying different variations of "I never saw it coming".

Then, Fluttershy spoke up with a question that caused the table to go silent.

"Do you think pony Applejack and Rarity like each other too?"

The silence was broken by a familiar drawl.

"Hey, y'all. Rarity and I have somethin' we need to tell you."

Pinkie Pie rocketed out of her seat. She popped up between Applejack and Rarity and pulled them into an almost painful hug. She couldn't stop squealing.

"We saw the whole thing, AJ" Rainbow Dash said as she got up and slugged her friend in the shoulder. "We're super happy for you guys."

Applejack and Rarity looked around the table and saw nothing but smiles and nods in agreement. They looked at each other and smiled.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

Pinkie's chanting was not really a surprise and they were happy to oblige.