• Published 10th Sep 2019
  • 1,822 Views, 13 Comments

Nifty Nuptials - pabrony

  • ...
10
 13
 1,822

...And Execution

My nerves were high as I was preparing for the biggest day of my life inside a small tent on Crystal Beach. Of course, it wasn't just the ceremony that was getting me wound up…


"Rarity, it's just a bowtie," I fussed as she adjusted it for what seemed like the millionth time.

"That may be, darling, but it's also the biggest day of your life. You need to look your best," Rarity replied. She stepped back and looked me over from head to toe. "You know, there is still time to clear the forest, Sunset."

I tilted my head in confusion. "Clear the forest?"

"Mhmm," she answered, pointing down.

"Oh." I scratched the back of my head. "That."

"It is your discretion, however, if it were me…"

"Rarity, if it was up to you, everyone would have bare floors, so to speak," I deadpanned. "Now can we get finished with my hair, please?" I saw a smile appear on Rarity's face. "And not that hair."

"Sorry, darling. I just can't stand the thought of everyone looking at you and having 'fire crotch' be the first thing to enter their thoughts," she said as she began braiding the sides of my hair.

"But it doesn't bother me," I countered. "Ouch. Not so rough."

"The fur or what people may think?"

"Both. I'm comfortable with how...ouch! I'd like to keep some of my hair, please," I griped. After she apologized, I continued, "Remember, I'm an interdimensional being that's used to having something covering that area."

"..."

"Besides, Twilight didn't, ahem, 'clear the forest' either," I said using air quotes.

"That's what you think," sang Rarity.

Before I could reply, there was a tapping on the side of the tent.

"Are you ladies finished with talking about carpets and throw rugs? Because Sunset needs to be in position in fifteen minutes," Shining Armor said from outside.

"I just need to finish her hair and give her a little mascara," Rarity responded. "Five minutes tops."

"Alright then."

"Liar," I whispered at Rarity.

"I still think you should've shaved," she whispered back. "Would you at least let me comb it?"

"Rarity, drop the subject and finish my hair for crying out loud."


"Wow! That hairstyle looks awesome on you," Azure whispered as I exited the tent and took my place for the processional.

"Thanks, Azure," I whispered back. "As much pulling and tugging that Rarity did, it had better look great."

"It gives you a fiery look," he added with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. Seriously? I thought. "Hey I don't think your girlfriend would be too happy if she found out that you were checking out one of the brides," I quipped.

"Uh, sorry. Hehe."

It was then that Pinkie walked up front and signaled to Vinyl to begin some wedding music. As that music played, my parents walked down the aisle and took their seats on the front row of the right side - facing toward the altar. Following them, Twilight Velvet walked down the aisle and took her seat on the left side of the aisle.

Vinyl then switched songs before Justice Peace - the officiant of our wedding - led myself, Azure, Shining Armor, Big Mac (yes, the rumors were true), Flash Sentry, Bulk Biceps, and Zephyr Breeze to the front via the far right side of the seating.

You...can do this, I thought as the sand passed between my toes with each step. Nothing to it.

The seven of us got into position as then watched as the bridesmaids made their way up. Fleur-de-lis led Wallflower Blush, Starlight Glimmer, Moon Dancer, Fluttershy, and Cadence to the front. Each of them - except for Cadence - was carrying a bouquet of yellow roses.

Following them were Spike and Flurry Heart as the ring bearer and flower girl, respectively. They took their places and the current song slowly faded out.

By now, my heart was about to break through my ribcage as my mind continued to race. Everything will be fine, Sunset, I told myself.

Justice Peace then stepped forward and asked all in attendance to stand. Then, it was finally time. My head began to spin as Vinyl started Here Comes The Bride.

At the far end of the aisle stood Twi; her right arm locked with Night Light's left arm. Both started out on the left foot and made even strides almost in unison with the sound of the ocean behind us. Twilight was about halfway down the aisle when Shining Armor suddenly began bawling like a baby.

"It's alright. He always cries at weddings," Cadence mouthed when I looked in her direction.

I did my best to stifle the laughter that was about to break through my teeth. Justice motioned me forward to meet Twilight at the front of the aisle.

"Who gives this woman in matrimony?" Justice asked.

"I, Night Light, give my daughter, Twilight Sparkle, to Sunset Shimmer." Night Light shook my hand, kissed Twi once on each cheek, and then joined our hands together. He took his seat while me and Twi finished the journey to the altar.

Just before reaching our position, however, Twi tripped over her own feet; pulling both of us down, and covering the front of ourselves in sand. Naturally, everyone in attendance gasped in shock at what happened. Well, almost everyone. Shining was still crying like a baby.

Azure and Cadence helped me and Twi, respectively, back to our feet so that we could brush the sand off and get the show on the road.

"We're okay," I assured all the guests as Twi gently shook the sand out of her bouquet and handed it to Cadence.

"Please be seated," Justice said as a took hold of Twi's trembling hands. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today - on a nude beach of all places - to celebrate the union of Sunset "Sunny" Shimmer and Twilight "Twily" Sparkle. Anyone who - with good reason - feels these two should not be wed, let them speak now-"

"I LOVE HER AND SHE'S CARRYING MY BABY!"

"PINKIE!" me and Twi shouted in unison.

"What? I heard that on a comedy CD once and wanted to say at somebody's wedding," Pinkie said with a huge grin on her face before sitting back down. "Go ahead."

"Ahem. If there is anyone with good reason that these two should not be wed, let them speak now or forever hold their peace," said Justice, looking up from his book. After a short pause, he resumed, "Very well. Marriage is not just another part of being in a relationship. It is a structure for the love of two souls to grow upon."

"BWAAAAAHHHH!" cried Shining Armor.

The straight face that I was holding finally cracked. I began laughing like an idiot at my very soon-to-be brother-in-law, which caused the wedding to come to a screeching halt.

"Will you stop already, Shining Armor?" Twilight Velvet fussed from her seat.

"Bu...bu...but I'm so happy for...for Twily and Sunset," he sniffled.

I wiped the tears from my face as I settled back down and gave the go-ahead for Justice to continue.

"Where was I…?" Justice mumbled. "Ah, yes. The structure that those two will build their love upon will not falter if both work to sustain it.

"I would now like to ask Breaking Dawn to come forward to read a small poem for the couple."

Dawnie stood up and walked to the front. After me a quick hug she turned to face everyone else. "The red rose whispers of passion,
And the white rose breathes of love;
O, the red rose is a falcon,
And the white rose is a dove.
But I send you a cream-white rosebud
With a flush on its petal tips;
For the love that is purest and sweetest
Has a kiss of desire on the lips," she recited.

"Great job," I whispered. "Go sit back down with mom and dad now."

"The couple has decided to write their own vows for this occasion," Justice said. "What you say through these vows gives permanence to each other's love as these come straight from each of your hearts. Twilight, you may go first."

With a deep breath, Twilight began, "Sunset, you are my friend. However, not just any friend. You are my best friend. You and I have been through so much in the short time that we've been together," Twi paused and reached up to wipe a tear away, "and I want to go through even more. Sunny, the warm glow that comes from those teal eyes, brightens even my worst of days. When I'm with you, time stands still and nothing else matters but us. You are my world and from today until death, I...I promise to be the proton to your electron."

How am I gonna compete with that? I thought as I watched the tears of joy flow like rivers down Twi's cheeks.

"Sunset? Sunset?"

"Huh?" I answered, snapping out of the trance I was in. "Yes, Justice?"

"It's your turn to say your vows," he said.

"Oh yeah," I replied with a sheepish smile. After clearing my throat, I started my vows. "Twilight, you saved me. Both physically and emotionally. Your love, kindness, and compassion gives me the strength to go forward every day." I paused to wipe my eyes. "Whether you're setting kitchen fires or leaving books all over the bathroom, you still mean the world to me. As we…" I had to pause again as I began choking up. "Excuse me. As we go forward, I will be there for you - just as you are for me - no matter what." Another pause. "If you're the proton to my electron, then I will be the horse to your wagon. Until death do we part."

Twi let out a small giggle at my pun while her brother slowly stopped crying. I glanced at my and Twi's parents, who were all in tears like us.

"Sunset and Twilight will now exchange rings as a symbol of their unity and commitment to each other," Justice stated. "Traditionally they are worn on the ring finger because that finger has a vein leading directly to the heart. The rings show the commitment they have toward each other to others."

Azure handed me the ring for Twi.

"Sunset, please take Twilight's left hand." After doing so, Justice continued, "Now repeat after me. I give you this ring as a symbol of my love..."

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love..." I repeated.

"For today, tomorrow, and all time..."

"For today, tomorrow, and all time..."

"Wear it as a sign of what we promised today..."

"Wear it as a sign of what we promised today…"

"And know that my love is present…"

"And know that my love is present…"

"Even when I am not."

"Even when I am not."

Justice then nodded to me to place the ring on Twi's hand, which I did.

"Twilight, please take Sunset's left hand and repeat after me." A moment later, he continued, "I give you this ring as a symbol of my love..."

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love..." Twi repeated.

"For today, tomorrow, and all time..."

"For today, tomorrow, and all time..."

"Wear it as a sign of what we promised today..."

"Wear it as a sign of what we promised today…"

"And know that my love is present…"

"And know that my love is present…"

"Even when I am not."

"Even when I am not."

As with me, he nodded to Twi to slide the ring on my finger.

"Now comes the pouring of the unity sand. If you will each take a vase, please."

Twi and I reached down and each took a small vase in our hands while Justice presented a slightly larger one.

"The sand in each of these represents who you were, who you are and who you will be. Twilight, Sunset, as you pour the sand into the third vase, let it be a reminder to you that the smaller vases of sand no longer exist individually, but will be joined together as one. As these grains of sand can never be separated and poured back in the individual vases, so will your marriage, united as one for all time," Justice recited as me and Twi emptied our vases into the larger one.

"Almost done," Twi mouthed.

I replied with a nod and a smile.

Justice began the final portion of the ceremony. "Sunset and Twilight, you have professed your love by exchanging vows, symbolized your commitment to one another by exchanging rings, and expressed the end of your individual lives with the pouring of the unity sand. Only one question remains before we celebrate.

"Twilight, do you take Sunset to be your wife, to love and cherish in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse; and forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Twilight said as a goofy smile appeared on her face.

"And Sunset, do you take Twilight to be your wife, to love and cherish in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse; and forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," I answered, reciprocating her goofy smile with one of my own.

"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you wife and wife," said Justice. "Sunset, you may now kiss the bride."

I raised the veil, leaned in, and planted the most passionate kiss on Twi's lips.

"WOOOOOOO! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!" shouted Pinkie above all the other guests.

As my lips remained locked with my new wife, I felt a little extra contact on my derriere.

“Twily, just because this is a nude beach doesn't mean you have to get frisky," Shining Armor whispered after clearing his throat.

With a smirk on my face, I told her, “Couldn't wait until the honeymoon, babe?”

Her face turned bright red as our friends and family continued to cheer for us.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great honor to be the first to present to you, Mrs. and Mrs. Sunset Shimmer," Justice said to wrap up the ceremony.

Vinyl cranked up The Wedding March as me and Twi gave each other another kiss before beginning to file out.

"Try not to trip and fall again," I whispered as she took hold of my arm.

"Oh shut up," she laughed as we started toward the boardwalk.

We led the parade followed by Flurry Heart and Spike, then Cadence and Azure. The ushers and bridesmaids paired off from there. After the last pairing past by the front row, Night Light and Twilight Velvet joined in and finally, my parents brought up the rear. Photo Finish took a couple of pictures as we retreated from the altar as birdseed rained down upon us from either side of the aisle.

About two minutes later, we arrived at the boardwalk, where Pinkie was waiting for us with matching "Mr. and Mrs." beach towels so that we could finish the trip to the limousine.

The limo driver held the door open as me and Twi climbed in and once inside, Twi happily said, "By the way, Rarity wanted me to tell you that you looked 'fiery'."

"She would."

Comments ( 5 )

"I LOVE HER AND SHE'S CARRYING MY BABY!"

Well played! That got a genuine laugh out of me!

Overall, this was sweet. :twilightsmile:

9831223
I aim to please.

"Rarity, if it was up to you, everyone would have bare floors, so to speak," I deadpanned. "Now can we get finished with my hair, please?" I saw a smile appear on Rarity's face. "And not that hair."

Rarity… just let it be. I'm sure Twi enjoys Sunny's fire flower. Don't try taking it from her.

That went far smoother than I expected. Not that it's a complaint, mind you. Still, fun, cute, very sweet and yet entirely appropriate to Sunny and Twily. Good stuff Pabrony.

9831531
I hope you took my advice about not drinking while reading this chapter.

Login or register to comment