• Published 12th Aug 2019
  • 1,293 Views, 124 Comments

Secrets - bahatumay



Lyra has a secret, and it's one she's excited to share. Bon Bon has a secret, but she wishes hers would stay hidden in the past. That second one doesn't happen.

  • ...
3
 124
 1,293

Post-Credits Stinger

Late at night, a shadow crept through the alleyway and over to the dumpster. It lifted the dumpster lid. Recoiling a bit at the smell but still determined in its mission, it hopped up, reached down, and grabbed. With a grunt of effort, she hauled her target out and unceremoniously dumped her onto the ground. She leaned down, seized the silver knife sticking out of her chest, and yanked it out.

Flitter Pollen gasped, panting in relief as she could think straight again (and as the world no longer smelled like rotting garbage, unwashed socks, and old fruit). “Oh, Celestia… Thanks,” she breathed.

“Celestia? Ha. You wish.”

The narcoblix gagged as her 'savior' roughly rubbed a hoofful of powdered lavender in her face. She shrieked and scraped it off as fast as she could, but it was fine powder and stuck to her sweat; she could tell it was going to stick and burn for a while. “Ahh! Oh, Celestia! My eyes!” she whimpered as she rubbed at them.

“Again? I’m telling you, I’m not Celestia. I'm nice, but not that nice. And I'm certainly not giving you the opportunity to bite me.”

She paused in her scrubbing, terrified into stillness. She recognized that voice. “S- Sweetie Drops?” she asked quietly.

“In the fur.”

Flitter Pollen giggled nervously, now trying even more desperately to get the lavender off, yet trying valiantly to keep her voice light. “Hey, so, uh, I'm guessing you got her?”

“Mm-hm. Golden Thunder has been crossed off.”

“Good, uh, good, that’s good. So, uh, no... no hard feelings, then, right?”

Bon Bon turned around and bucked her head into the dumpster. It bounced off with a resounding clang, and Flitter Pollen collapsed to the ground, seeing stars. “None whatsoever,” Bon Bon said pleasantly, spinning around to continue the conversation. “Honestly, though, I'm only here because of Lyra. Personally, I'd've left you in there, but my girlfriend happens to have a heart.”

Flitter Pollen sat up, wiped her nose and spat out blood, and paused. “Wait. She's your girlfriend now?”

“She is.”

It started out as a low rumble deep in Flitter Pollen’s tummy, but it soon grew like rising steam pressure, expanding out until it exploded out of her into a long, “D’awwwwww, Sweetie Drops!”

Bon Bon was less that amused. “I have more powdered lavender and easy access to your ears. Don't push it.”

Flitter Pollen sat up, having gotten most of the powder off, and leaned against the dumpster. She cracked a weak smile. “What can I say? I'm a romantic at heart.”

“Yes, I'm sure the foals you glamoured into doing things far beyond their age thought so as well.”

“First off, you never proved it was me. Second off, it's not like they remember doing it, anyway,” Flitter Pollen defended herself sullenly.

“And that's the only reason you're still alive right now.”

She shrugged. “Well, everypony has their issues.”

“Yeah.” Before she could bring her hooves up to defend herself, Bon Bon drove the knife into her shoulder, deep enough that she wouldn't be running anywhere soon, but not too deep so she would be completely incapacitated. “Even me,” she said over Flitter Pollen’s cry of pain. She trotted off. “Don't let me catch you doing anything sketchy again, Flitter Pollen; or when I find you, you'll wish all I did was throw you back in a dumpster. Do I make myself clear?”

“As a crystal foal!” Flitter Pollen said brightly.

Bon Bon stopped short with a disgruntled snort.

She quickly backpedalled. “Wait, wait!” She scrambled desperately at the knife, trying to free herself before Sweetie Drops made it back. “I was joking, wait, I haven't even bitten any crystal ponies, I swear, it was just a jo- ow! Ouch! It was a- Ow! Swee-! Ow!”

Comments ( 6 )

Do not joke with Agent Sweetie Drops if you've angered her. You're just goving her an excuse.

Brilliant tale of old debts coming due. Thank you for a thrilling read.

Awesome story, seriously :yay:

Poor choice of words, Flitter Pollen.

Fun story but unnecessarily violent, feels really forced.


One of the best stories around!


Well then that was something in the ending but hey this was a really good story awesome job on it

Login or register to comment