• Published 13th Aug 2019
  • 545 Views, 22 Comments

Fate's Shadow! - Shadow_lulamoon



Misfortune follows Shadow and his companions. Through these trials Shadow may find his purpose.

  • ...
3
 22
 545

The life of a game designer!

Author's Note:

I grew up with g1 of MLP and to this day I still collect them. This past couple of years gen4 FIM has entered my life and after reading The Daughter of discord universe and lunajack's Zany and Twinkle adventures I have found a spot to place my OC Shadow Lulamoon. "But wait author Shadow is human and is in the Equestria Girls universe." Ah semantics just sit back and enjoy the story.

Anyways please feal free to comment and critique my fimfic. This is the first chapter to I hope will be several chapters. Life happens so until next time...

Normally Shadow would be woken out of a sound sleep by his cell phone alarm but last night the eighteen-year-old had pulled another all niter while working on the digital version of Ogres and Oubliettes. This morning was different, Shadow was so engrossed in what he had been doing, he had forgotten to set his alarm. The young man sat hunched over in his chair face pressed uncomfortably into the keyboard of his computer while a little drool dripped from his mouth as he slept. Shadow, deep in sleep never heard his bedroom door open as his sister sauntered in.

"Hey doofus wake up," came the high-pitched voice of Trixie.

Shadow's head leapt off the computer desk so fast he lost his balance falling out of the computer chair and spilling out onto the floor.

"What the heck...Trixie don't you even knock anymore?"

"Not when it comes to Trixie's precious little brother, Shady Wady!" said the older sibling making a baby face and smiling down at her brother.

"Little? We are twins and the same age remember?"

"Potato, tomato."

"That is not... never mind you are just a Snart for brains anyways what is the point," came the cold reply from Shadow as he stood up running his hand through his shoulder length violet hair.

"The great and powerful Trixie is too cute and important to be such an insulting thing from a lame game."

"Third person need I say more," came the retort.

"Whatever Mr. Negativity see if the..."

"Don't... just... don't for my sanity," said Shadow holding his left hand in front of his sister interrupting.

"Hmph see if Trixie ever looks out for your wellbeing again."

"Alright what happened? Did the great and powerful Stinksie get booed off the stage for another faksie show? You never cared about me or what I did before now?"

"No doofus... the great and powerful Trixie does not get booed offstage."

"Ah so you tossed one of your lame, smoke pellets, couldn't see, tripped and fell off the stage and want me to hack into the internet and remove some incriminating footage of your Snart brainedness!"

The young woman's face started to contort in anger with his rude and blatant remarks.

"No... wait you can do that... Trixie means no and no. the great... ahem. I just wanted to be a helpful big sister," said Trixie quickly changing to first person with Shadow's glaring scowl.

"Help pa hah... You? You want something! But what is your angle this time big SIS?"

"There you go again with your negativity."

"Because I am right."

"Whatever! Oh, and just so you know Principle Celestia notified Mother last night of your unexcused absences," said Trixie with a haughty smile.

"I don't care! What is your point Stinksie?"

"Trixie's point Shady Wady is that Mother has to work long hours and has tasked me with making sure your rump goes to school."

"Not interested! The thought of being around Snart for brained students especially you, makes me queasy to my stomach. Besides I have important work to do here... so I refuse."

"Whahaha you call playing games... hahhaha... haha... work? Stop making Trixie laugh little brother," said Trixie wiping tears from her eyes.

"It is work Trixie! The company pays me money to write the code for their digital version of Ogres and Oubliettes. So, if earning a paycheck isn't work to you then your really are a Snart for brains."

By now Shadow was starting to get angry and his normal calm and collected demeanor
was starting to fade.

Normally Trixie would keep arguing with her twin but when it came to "that game" thought the young woman it was the only thing in his life that gave him any drive and motivation. It was his reason for existing. After everything the Lulamoon twins have been through Trixie hadn't the heart to break her brother... yet.

"Well dear Shadow refusal is not an option," came the nonchalant reply.

"How so?" asked Shadow inquisitively, raising his right eyebrow.

"You need all of this to be able to continue working," said Trixie with a serious expression and slowly raising her hands to the room they stood in, proving her point.

"And Mother pays for everything," she continued when no response came.

"Not really..."

"Ah eh eh eh! Before you say you can pay for everything on your own, I know for a fact that you have only been skipping for a month now. And if Trixie is right! Which Trixie always is! You have not yet earned enough money to buy your work necessities," said Trixie slowly shaking her head and waggling her left finger side to side in front of her brother's face.

"Grrr... I hate when you are right," muttered shadow.

"You and the Great and powerful Trixie have too much at stake to not obey," said the young woman pretending not to hear her brother but smiling inwardly at her triumph.

"Ah so that's your angle. If I don't listen to you, I lose out on my working from home and Mother takes something from you? But what?"

"It doesn't matter, you have to obey Trixie because if you don't your life will have a severe setback," said Trixie quickly changing the topic.

"So, let me get this straight I go back to school, and you babysit me the whole time? Like when we were kids?"

"No Shady!"

"As usual you speak nonsense."

Trixie changed her posture placing her left hand on her trim waste, pointing her right index finger into the air.

"For being such a know it all you certainly can't read between the lines, hmph and you call Trixie a Snart for brains," said Trixie with a impish smile, winking at her brother.

"Get to the point!"

"Fine... fine Shadow! Mother specifically said that Trixie was to make sure you go to school and don't leave until school is out for the day. Trixie doesn't have time to play games with you anymore so what you do with your time while in attendance doesn't concern Trixie," said the young woman dropping her smile.

"Besides maybe if you drop the whole, I am smarter than you attitude you may actually have something in common or even have fun with someone else."

Trixie heard a "I am smarter," and "I doubt it," being muttered.

"Trixie can't hear Shadow!"

"Fine... I will go."

"Good meet Trixie downstairs in ten minutes," replied Trixie, smiling once again.

For all of her annoyances Shadow realized his sister had brought up a valid point and for the first time in quite a while he was thankful, she was his sister. " But I will never tell her that," he thought to himself. With a defeated "sigh!" Shadow began to gather his school things.

Trixie quickly turned from her brother dropping the smiling facade. Tears began to stream down her cheeks as sadness washed over the young woman.

"What you don't realize Shady you Snart for brains is that Mother plans to send you away if you don't improve... and Trixie can't lose you as well..." "Sniffle!"

********************

The game Ogres and Oubliettes held a special meaning in both of their hearts. While both parents were busy working the twins were left in the care of the house staff. They never misbehaved so the staff member in charge that evening left the twins to do what they wanted. When mom and dad left for work, they would wish the twins sweet dreams. Upon the closing of the door it was time for adventure. Trixie donned the title "The Great and Powerful Trixie" and was a wizard in the game world while shadow took on the guise of Alex Iscander a daring rogue. Life was good they were a happy family. But fate had other plans. Mother buried her grief, worked longer hours, let go of most of the staff except for a single maid and left the twins to themselves. Mother had one rule get an education and don't screw up. Trixie, broken started referring to herself in the third person and took up stage magic as her passion. The young woman became the more responsible twin in her eyes. Shadow drained inward becoming cold and collected. The younger twin took to his studies excelling at classes and soon getting board. He never socialized except when forced to. Those he deemed "Snart for brains" were ignored. Trixie was the exception she always made sure her brother could never completely shut her out but even then, he showed little emotions to her. The game was his vise. So, after studying computer technology and programing, Shadow excelled it the IT field. Mother scoffed at such childish nonsense. So, shadow went behind her back and emailed the company behind his childhood game and after many long discussions he was given an online internship.

Trixie watched her brother power down his machines and thought to herself "Trixie refuses to give up on you and that's why Trixie... I will do everything in my power to bring new meaning into your existence." whispered the elder twin wiping away her tears. With new resolve Trixie left Shadow.

********************

Equestria, world inhabited by ponies,

"Mother I refuse! I can't be what you want me to be!"

"Floopy dear you don't really have a choice. You were born an alicorn princess of Equestria," said the elder alicorn trying to calm her daughter.

"That is not true mother being an alicorn princess doesn't matter. Past actions speak louder than titles and I refuse to accept your finalities as truth. And stop calling me floopy dear! I am not a foal anymore mother," shouted the alicorn princess.

"Fine Flo... Let’s just hope your cousin's visit will help you improve," came the mother's dejected response.