• Published 11th Aug 2019
  • 263 Views, 3 Comments

Foalhood Friendship: Stella's Story - Princess Estrella



After losing a new friend, a young princess leaves home forever.

  • ...
3
 3
 263

Chapter 2: Some New Friends

Playtime had ended, and the foals were all convened at a long table with a white tablecloth covering it. The tablecloth was stained with the remnants of a hundred other colors of paint that the foals had spattered during many hours of hoofpainting.

Stella was seated between two other foals. On her left was a light grey unicorn filly with a darker grey mane that had a slight curl. The filly was keeping to herself, unlike most of the other foals who were talking loudly among themselves.

She seems nice. Maybe a bit shy, like me. Stella cheered up a little at the thought.

Seated to Stella's right was Copper Flame.

Oh. He's the grapefruit I played with earlier. I guess he's fun, if a little cocky.

Sitting across from Stella was the purple filly she saw looking at her when she was still hiding behind Luna. Now that she was closer, Stella could see that the filly was a pegasus with a curly light blue mane and tail with a dark blue stripe. She was talking to Copper. They were teasing each other for something Stella didn't understand. Must be a not-princess thing.

But Stella only paid them a fleeting glance after that. Currently, she was engrossed in the painting that she was working on. So engrossed that she didn’t even notice the grey filly peering over her shoulder.

“Oooo, that’s really pretty.”

Stella jumped slightly, and looked up to see the grey filly pointing at her painting.

Stella smiled fakely. “Uh...thanks!” That's the nice looking one. She's probably just being nice to get something. I wonder what she wants.

Copper stopped talking to the purple filly and looked at Stella's picture. Then he saw Stella. “Hey, you're the filly I played with earlier, aren't you?”

Stella turned, looking Copper square in the face. “Yes.”

Copper leaned over to see the picture better before leaning back into his seat. “Who’re those ponies in your picture?”

Stella became slightly uncomfortable when she realized that she was slowly becoming the center of attention, but answered as best as she could. With a slightly shaking hoof, she pointed to the tall, white alicorn with a rainbow-colored mane. “This is my aunt Celestia.” She pointed to the shorter, dark blue mare with a lighter blue mane. “And that’s my mom next to her.”

“Wow. Your mom’s pretty.” The purple filly across the table pointed at the glitter that Stella had used to decorate her mother’s mane. “Is that you in the middle?”

“Yes…” Stella was sweating a little due to her nervousness.

The purple filly smiled. “What’s your name?”

Stella shyly kicked her hooves under the table. “Stella…”

“Hi, Stella. I’m Star Song.” She pointed to the grey filly. “This is my friend Silver Light.” Then she pointed to Copper. “And it looks like you've already met Copper Flame.”

“We know each other ‘cause we're neighbors, but you can be our friend too.” Silver wrapped her front leg around Stella in a shy hug.

Despite her shyness, Stella felt a small warmth growing within herself. On her first day of school, she made her first friends, and spent the rest of the day playing together with them.

Author's Note:

I have the entire story written already, and I intend to upload one chapter a day.