• Published 20th Aug 2019
  • 721 Views, 14 Comments

Beach Sunsets - BoredAuthor817



To make their last days together memorable ones, Sunset and Adagio go to the beach.

  • ...
5
 14
 721

Chapter 5

When she opened her eyes, it was dark. But, not so dark that she couldn't see. Someone had left a lamp on. Not someone—Sunset.

“Sunset?” she called out. Her voice echoed in the house. She listened. It was quiet--too quiet. She didn't like this type of silence.

She stretched, her arm hit something. Looking, she realized it was the sofa. She felt around with her other arm. It was the floor. She was on the floor.

Adagio rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes and sat up slightly to look around. The coffee table had been pushed aside and the area rug rolled up. She looked around a little bit further and that's when she found her.

Sunset Shimmer laid a few feet away, her figure eerily still.

Adagio's heart froze within her chest. “Sunset? Please, no...” she reached out for her girlfriend. Her skin was pale and cold to the touch. “Sunset!” she cried, “No! What the hell have you done?” She grabbed a hold of Sunset and pulled her closer.

In doing so, a piece of paper fell from Sunset's hand. Adagio was quick to snatch it. Written on it, was a simple note:

You deserve a second chance.

“Dammit!” she wept, clutching Sunset's body tightly, “You fool! You damned fool!”

Author's Note:

Hey, folks!

As mentioned before,this was written for Oroboro's Sunset Shipping Contest.

Go check it out, if you haven't already.

Also, since this is one of three stories written, go check out my other two here and here.

Till later, y'all!

Comments ( 12 )

Alright, newish author but an interesting subject matter. I'll bite.

This is so sweet but the ending... :raritycry:
Still very cute tho <3

Damn, ya hate to see it. Heartwarming though, and bittersweet. Loved it.

Oh Sunset. You beautiful, self-sacrificing pony.

That was beautifully bittersweet. Well done.

Oh my gosh. So emotion!!

You wrote a great story and deserved my instant upvote and favorite.

I like it. Especially that ending. Hit right in the liver. Have a fav. Is this story in the contest?

9815126
It's one of three that I wrote. Still trying to figure out which one will be officially submitted (provided I don't find myself writing more).

Either way, the reader wins.

9815200
Well, if you ask me, pick this one.

9859402
I tried XD. Even took a page from your book and listened to it while editing.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I was kind of hoping for the ending Adagio wanted, so I'm a tad disappointed, but overall I liked this quite a bit.

и нежно и больно одновременно ...
замечательно, 10 рыданий взахлёб из 10
sun9-27.userapi.com/c855328/v855328254/125b99/kUgBlrh1_tQ.jpg

Login or register to comment