• Published 6th Aug 2019
  • 415 Views, 8 Comments

Captain Equestria: Civil Service - AppleTank

  • ...
 8
 415

Ch3: Starfall

“What’s the prognosis, doc?”

Fluttershy sighed, and looked at Rainbow Dash. “She’s poisoned, Dash. Whatever Chrysalis did, its draining her.”

The Elements sat on a pedestal in Rarity’s bedroom. Generosity’s vibrant purple was slowly becoming less so. “That looks serious,” Luna commented.

The rest of the ponies were waiting downstairs, and all looked up when the two pegasi walked down. “How is she?” Spike asked.

Fluttershy shook her head. “I can’t tell what poison Chrysalis used, it’s strange how it basically doesn’t react to anything.”

“Can I have a look?” Twilight asked.

“I was going to ask you.” Fluttershy waved a wing, and both moved upstairs.

Rainbow Dash collapsed onto the floor, growling. “I should have been able to protect her.”

“Its not your--” Shining Armor began.

“Yes it is! I told her I’d be watching her back, but she got hurt anyways.” Rainbow got up and walked towards the door. “I have to be better.”

She left the rest of the ponies in awkward silence.

Twilight came back down several minutes later. “Chrysalis made some sort of link with Rarity,” she explained. “It looks like the only way to break it is to stop it at the source.

“By source, I assume we’re gonna have ta beat the Queen down?” Applejack asked.

“I still owe her a shield to the face for ruining my wedding,” Shining grumbled.

Twilight nodded. "Looks like it. Everypony, get ready to move out tomorrow. Spike will keep watch over Rarity, and give us updates on her condition."

Pinkie stood up, her mane partially deflated. "I'll go get ready," she said, patting her armored vest."

Over the course of a few minutes, the ponies started filing out. Twilight left last, sending a tired smile Spike’s way. “Don’t worry, we’ll get her back.”

Spike wrung his claws for a moment, then rushed to her, hugging a leg. “You have to come back too.”

Twilight wrapped her other hoof over his head. “Have you seen me?”

“Promise.”

“I will! I’ll take care of everyone. Nopony is going to be lost.” Her eyes hardened. “Not on my watch.”

Author's Note:

References:
Title: More Jojo Part 3

Not much else.