• Published 5th Aug 2019
  • 5,618 Views, 55 Comments

Nightmare Mom 🌙 - Twilight Star



Nightmare Moon beat her sister and now the night lasts forever. She couldn't be more than happy. When she finds out a fatherless foal, Nightmare Moon decides to adopt her.

  • ...
11
 55
 5,618

Chapter 4

It’s been a few days, and Twilight Sparkle has begun to notice that Nightmare Moon was even happier and more loving than before with her. Twilight Sparkle smiled at this change. In the early days, she had noticed that her Nightmare Moon was quiet, as if it were having an internal conflict. But she smiled at that change. She and Nightmare Moon were now eating breakfast at the table. Twilight Sparkle was eating pancakes and Nightmare Moon was eating waffles. Twilight Sparkle began to demonstrate that he loved pancakes. Nightmare Moon didn’t judge what her daughter liked about her daughter. Because she knew everypony had their own preferences. When Twilight finished eating, she looked at Nightmare Moon, “Mommy, can I play outside?”

Nightmare Moon seemed unsure of this, “are you going to play in the woods or in the castle garden?”

“In the castle garden”, answered Twilight Sparkle.

Nightmare Moon looked uncertain. She knew her daughter would never lie to her. But she feared that Twilight would eventually head into the woods, “Can I go with you?”

Despite the question, Twilight Sparkle smiled, “Of course, Mom”

Nightmare Moon smiled at the answer. But before doing that, she would finish eating her breakfast, “Could you wait for me, Twilight?”

“Of course, mom. I’ll be waiting for you here”, answered Twilight Sparkle.

Nightmare Moon smiled before eating again. As Twilight watched her mother eat, she began to think about what she should do. Maybe she could get a book to read. But as her mother would be with her, maybe she should enjoy playing with her mother. And that was what she was going to do. She already had a game in mind. When Twilight looked at her mother, she realized that Nightmare Moon had already eaten. Nightmare Moon stood up, “come daughter”

Twilight Sparkle jumped out of her chair and followed Nightmare Moon into the garden. When they arrived in the garden, Twilight marveled at the garden. She has never seen such a beautiful garden, “It’s so beautiful…”

Nightmare Moon smiled at the compliment, “did you like the garden?”

Twilight Sparkle looked at Nightmare Moon, “I… I loved it. I have never seen such a beautiful garden in my life… ”

Nightmare Moon blushed at the compliment, “thank you, daughter”

“You’re welcome, mom. And do you know what that means?” asked Twilight Sparkle with a cheerful smile.

Nightmare Moon raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Twilight Sparkle touched in Nightmare Moon, “It’s with you!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle happily, before running off.

Nightmare Moon smiled, before running after her daughter, “come back here, daughter!”

As Twilight Sparkle ran, she laughed with happiness. She has never been so happy to finally have a family. Suddenly, Nightmare Moon reached Twilight and touched her back, “It’s with you!”

Twilight Sparkle ran right again and ran after Nightmare Moon. She couldn’t stop laughing. She thinks she has never laughed so hard and felt so cheerful before.


After hours of playing catch, Nightmare Moon and Twilight Sparkle got tired. They were lying on the grass. They were both tired. Nightmare Moon hated to admit it, but she was glad there was no political problem going on. Because she could play and spend time with your daughter. Nightmare Moon sat down, “daughter, I think we’d better go inside. I’m already tired, and I think you are too”

Suddenly Nightmare Moon heard a snoring sound. She looked left and saw her daughter sleeping. Nightmare Moon, smiling, picked up Twilight with her magic, got up from the floor and headed toward the castle. She was going to put Twilight to sleep in her bed. Since the night was eternal, no one knew the time for bed. So Nightmare Moon would put Twilight to sleep when she thought it was time for her daughter to sleep. When she arrived in her room, Nightmare Moon laid her daughter on the giant bed and lay beside her.


It had been a few hours and when Twilight woke up, she felt hooves hugging. She looked at her mother and saw that Nightmare Moon was hugging her. Although Twilight liked this show of affection, she was thirsty and wanted a glass of water. She stepped out of the hug. And she did it. Twilight decided to take one last check before jumping out of bed. Lucky it made no noise. Then she approached the door, and tried to open with her hooves. But the door looked like it was locked. Twilight looked at her horn and tried to open the door with magic. But it failed too. Twilight decided to try again: First with the hooves and then with its magic. But she failed a second time. And now? She wanted to drink water, but didn’t want to have to wake her mother. What should she do?

In bed, Nightmare Moon felt that something was missing. She opened one eye and saw that her daughter wasn’t in bed. She opened the other eye and started to look at the sides worriedly. Where the hell was your daughter? When she looked down she was relieved that her daughter wasn’t missing. She let out a sigh of relief, “Daughter, what are you doing on the floor?”

Twilight Sparkle heard her mother’s voice and saw that her mother was without her armor, “It’s just that I’m thirsty and I wanted to open the door. But she is locked”

Nightmare Moon got out of bed, walked over to where Twilight Sparkle was and opened the door with her magic, “actually, daughter. The door wasn’t locked, just closed”

Twilight Sparkle was surprised, “So why couldn’t I open it?”

Nightmare Moon looked at Twilight, “You’re still small, daughter. And your magic isn’t evolved yet”

Twilight Sparkle was confused, “Huh? What do you mean my magic isn’t evolved?”

“Your magic isn’t yet strong. You can’t do Simple spells yet like: Teleportation,” replied Nightmare Moon. “But I know you have great potential”

Twilight Sparkle was excited, “are you going to teach me?!”

Nightmare Moon smiled, “yes, daughter. But that will only happen later”

“When later?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“When you are ready”, replied Nightmare Moon.

Twilight Sparkle was excited about her mother being her teacher. She bet no unicorn foal had a mother who taught magic. She was lucky to have Nightmare Moon as her mother. Nightmare Moon signaled her daughter that she could drink water. Twilight left the room and headed toward the kitchen. In the kitchen it was very dark. Twilight saw a glass and tried to catch the glass with her magic. But it failed and the glass fell to the floor. Resulting in a noise. Twilight heard the sound of hooves racing into the kitchen. Twilight Sparkle didn’t know what to do. She didn’t know whether to hide or stay and face the consequences. She decided to hide under a table that had in the kitchen.

When Nightmare Moon arrived in the kitchen, she saw the broken glass, but she wondered where her daughter was, “daughter. Where are you?”

Twilight decided to keep quiet, “Come on, daughter. No need to hide. I am not mad with you”

Twilight believed her mother’s words and walked out of hiding. Nightmare Moon smiled as she saw Twilight, “daughter! Why were you hiding from me?”

Twilight Sparkle didn’t know how to explain, “I wanted to get a glass of my magic. But it turned out that the glass leaked, fell to the ground and shattered”

“Why didn’t you ask me for help? I could have done it for you”, asked Nightmare Moon.

“I thought I could do it myself”, said Twilight Sparkle, now regretful.

“Twilight, don’t be sad. I know you just wanted to make me proud”, said Nightmare Moon with a smile.

Twilight Sparkle managed to cheer up. Nightmare Moon went to a cupboard, grabbed a glass, filled it with water and gave her Twilight magic, “how can you not get the glass, I’ll give you the water, okay?”

Twilight Sparkle nodded, before opening her mouth a little. She felt swallowing the water. She couldn’t deny that now she wasn’t thirsty.

“So now that we’re awake, should we have breakfast or go back to sleep?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Would you like to sleep more or stay awake?” asked Nightmare Moon.

“Well, I’ll sleep if you want and I’ll eat if you want”, answered Twilight Sparkle.

“Well, I plan to go back to sleep”, said Nightmare Moon.

“Then I’ll go back to sleep with you”, said Twilight Sparkle.

Nightmare Moon smiled as she walked back to the bedroom, with Twilight Sparkle by her side. When they arrived in the bedroom, Nightmare Moon lay in bed and caught Twilight Sparkle with her magic. That done, they closed their eyes and slept.