• Published 5th Aug 2019
  • 5,619 Views, 55 Comments

Nightmare Mom 🌙 - Twilight Star



Nightmare Moon beat her sister and now the night lasts forever. She couldn't be more than happy. When she finds out a fatherless foal, Nightmare Moon decides to adopt her.

  • ...
11
 55
 5,619

Chapter 3

When Twilight woke up she felt being hugged by hooves. She looked at her mother and saw that Nightmare Moon was smiling in while sleeping. She couldn’t deny that until it was cute the way her mother slept. She just wouldn’t get up now because the hug was so good and warm. She closed her eyes and tried to sleep again. But she couldn’t. With a sigh, she rose from the bed, even though she was still being hugged. She tried to remove her hooves with her magic. But only sparks came out. She let out a breath. She wanted to be good at magic. But how would she learn if she and her mother lived in a castle in the middle of the woods? Suddenly, Twilight heard a yawn. Twilight looked back and saw her mother waking up and opening the dragon slits while having the same smile she had in her sleep, “good night, Twilight. Sleep well?”

“Yes, Mom”, answered Twilight Sparkle.

Nightmare Moon noticed that the Twilight mane was all messed up, “Twilight”

“Yes, Mom?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Your mane is all messed up”, replied Nightmare Moon.

“Oops”, said Twilight Sparkle while smiling.

Nightmare Moon grabbed a blue brush with a waning moon design, “let’s comb this messy mane”

Twilight Sparkle was afraid and tried to escape. But she’d been seized by her mother’s magic. Nightmare Moon was surprised that her daughter was afraid to brush her mane, “What is it, daughter? Never combed your mane before?”

Twilight was struggling to get out of her mother’s magic, “what did you expect? No one has ever combed my mane before because I have no parents. So it’s normal for me to be afraid”

Nightmare Moon realized that what Twilight said was true. How could she be so insensitive? “I’m sorry for being so insensitive”

Twilight felt sorry for her mother. She didn’t want to leave Nightmare Moon, “Mom, don’t be sad. You can comb my mane”

Nightmare Moon didn’t expect her daughter to feel sorry for her. She soon smiled, “ok then”

Nightmare Moon began brushing her daughter’s mane. Suddenly, Twilight started screaming in pain.

“Sorry, Twilight. But this mane of yours is very messy”, said Nightmare Moon, while trying to brush her daughter’s messy mane. Twilight Sparkle kept screaming.


After a few minutes, Nightmare Moon finally finished brushing Twilight’s mane. She was panting. But soon recovered, “Well, Twilight, we better eat”

Twilight Sparkle agreed. They got out of bed and went to the bedroom door. Twilight waited for her mother to close the bedroom door. When Nightmare Moon closed the door, they started walking. Nightmare Moon began to think about what just happened. She couldn’t deny that she loved combing Twilight’s mane, no! I did it because I didn’t want her to go messy horsehair everywhere! I did not should like this. I just adopted this foal so she had a mother and a home!

When they arrived at the table, Twilight sat at the table next to her mother. Twilight ate pancakes. While Nightmare Moon ate Waffles. Suddenly, Nightmare Moon heard a sound of doors opening, a Lunar guard went to Nightmare Moon, “Your Majesty”

“What’s up?” asked Nightmare Moon.

“Rainbow Dash wants to talk to you”, replied the Lunar guard.

“Send her in”, said Nightmare Moon.

The Lunar guard bowed before going to the door to call Rainbow Dash. When the door opened again, Rainbow Dash appeared in her Shadowbolt uniform. Rainbow Dash bowed before speaking, “Your Majesty, I came here to inform you that you are invited to watch the Shadowbolts concert in Cloudsdale”

“Can my daughter come along?” asked Nightmare Moon.

“Of course, your majesty”, said Rainbow Dash, before leaving the room.

“Mom, what are these Shadowbolts?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“It’s a group of pegasi led by me”, replied Nightmare Moon.

Twilight Sparkle smiled, “That’s awesome!!” But her smile soon faded when she remembered the last sentence Rainbow Dash said.

“What is Cloudsdale? Is it a city?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Yes, daughter. It’s the city of the pegasi”, replied Nightmare Moon.

“How am I going to watch? I am a unicorn. I’m going to fall from the clouds”, said Twilight Sparkle afraid to die.

Nightmare Moon hadn’t thought of that. And now? She wanted Twilight to go to see the show. But she didn’t want to lose her daughter. But her protective side said louder, “Daughter, you don’t have to go if you don’t want to”

Twilight Sparkle was excited, “Really?!”

Nightmare Moon smiled, “Yes, daughter. You can stay. I don’t want to risk it. I’ll let the ponies working here in the castle know that you’ll still be here”


After Nightmare Moon spoke to the ponies working at the castle, she kissed the forehead before closing the door. Twilight decided to return to the observatory. When twilight arrived at the observatory, Twilight watched in wonder.

Mom’s night is so beautiful. I wonder if mom is having fun.


When Nightmare Moon arrived at the venue, she sat where the royals were. The Shadowbolts began to do tricks while flying. Nightmare Moon was smiling, especially at Rainbow Dash. Suddenly she started thinking about Twilight. Was her daughter well alone in the castle? No! She shouldn’t worry for nothing. Of course Twilight was fine. She was just worrying for nothing. Why did she have these thoughts? Nightmare Moon had only Twilight as a daughter so the foal had a house to live in and a mother. So why did a part of her say she should accept that she likes having Twilight as a daughter? Because after all, she finally had somepony who liked her night, who was company and who didn’t show fear of her. So why did a part of her deny these maternal feelings? Was it the darkness in her or was it her ego? Well, whatever the reason, she should change her way and show that she really cared and loved her daughter and that’s what she was going to do.