• Published 5th Aug 2019
  • 5,615 Views, 55 Comments

Nightmare Mom 🌙 - Twilight Star



Nightmare Moon beat her sister and now the night lasts forever. She couldn't be more than happy. When she finds out a fatherless foal, Nightmare Moon decides to adopt her.

  • ...
11
 55
 5,615

Chapter 1

It’s been a few nights, and Nightmare Moon was and was still bored. Even with Rarity and Rainbow Dash around, she couldn’t get rid of boredom, it’s not possible. Just because I’m reigning now. It doesn’t mean That I have nothing to do!

Suddenly Nightmare Moon heard hoofbeats rushing at her. They were your guards, “princess!”

“What’s up?” asked Nightmare Moon.

“We found a lost filly in the woods”, replied a Lunar guard.

“What?” asked Nightmare Moon in surprise. She had no idea a filly would be in a forest. This forest was very dangerous. Especially for a filly. She noticed that the lavender-colored unicorn filly was looking at the decoration of the castle. The filly liked the decoration of the castle.

Nightmare Moon approached the lavender unicorn filly, “what’s your name, little one?”

The filly stopped looking at the decoration, “Twilight Sparkle”, answered Twilight with a smile.

Nightmare Moon was surprised. This filly showed no fear. Most were afraid of her. She didn’t know how this filly stopped in the woods, but she needed to send this filly back to the house. She didn’t want to make the filly’s parents worried, “Where do your parents live, Twilight?”

Twilight Sparkle was sad, “I have no parents”

Nightmare Moon was surprised. She didn’t expect that answer. She felt she should adopt this filly. After all, she is the princess of Equestria. She had to show herself that she would help others in the most difficult situations, “would you like to live here?”

Twilight was surprised, “what? Live here? Really?!”

Nightmare Moon smiled with the joy of Twilight, “Seriously, Twilight. You can live here. I will take care of you”

Twilight was excited and hugged Nightmare Moon’s hooves, “thank you! Thank you!”

Nightmare Moon was surprised, I never saw a pony be happy to finally have a family…

But soon a smile appeared, don’t worry, Twilight. I will take care of you. It is my duty to do this.

“Have you eaten anything before you go into the woods?” asked Nightmare Moon.

Twilight looked at Nightmare Moon, “no… I always had to steal food…” Twilight realized what she said and got scared.

“Please don’t banish me for the moon! I did it to survive! Please! Please!” exclaimed Twilight in panic.

Nightmare Moon was surprised by Twilight’s mood swings. But she had to calm down Twilight. She might be the new princess of Equestria, but that didn’t mean she would banish her new daughter because of that, “calm down, Twilight. I will not do this to you. You will be my daughter, remember?”

Twilight now had tears in his eyes, “I-i know. But I was afraid you would change your mind…”

Nightmare Moon wiped the tears from Twilight with a hoof, “there, there, Twilight. Come on, let’s have something to eat”

Twilight smiled, “ok, mommy”

Nightmare Moon felt a heat inside her. She liked being called that. Wait. Why was she enjoying it? She was doing it because it was her duty! Just it!

“Mom, is everything okay?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

Nightmare Moon realized she was making an angry face. She calmed down, “yes. Sorry to worry you”

Twilight Sparkle suspected before smiling, “ok!” exclaimed Twilight Sparkle animatedly.


Twilight Sparkle and Nightmare Moon were at the table eating. Nightmare Moon was taking care of Twilight more than eating. She didn’t want anything bad to happen to Twilight. What? Why was she worrying so much? Twilight would be fine without her looking at the table. Nightmare Moon started eating but still kept looking at Twilight Sparkle.


After Twilight and Nightmare Moon were over, Maid Rarity appeared and grabbed everything on the table and went to the kitchen to wash the dishes. Nightmare Moon looked at Twilight, “would you like to watch the night sky with me?”

Twilight Sparkle perked up and started jumping around the table, “yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!”

Nightmare Moon was surprised that Twilight accepted. Any other pony wouldn’t have accepted and fled from it. Nightmare Moon smiled at the fact that somepony likes their night.


When they reached the balcony, Nightmare Moon hugged Twilight with a wing, “Look at this, daughter”, said Nightmare Moon before making constellations.

Twilight smiled as she clapped, “Yeah! Night is the best time of day!”

Nightmare Moon smiled at that. She was glad somepony thought so of her night. Others would probably say they would prefer the day, “Mommy, do you have a telescope?”

“Even better. I have an observatory”, smiled Nightmare Moon.

Twilight Sparkle rejoiced, “Really? Can we go there now? Can we?” she made doggy eyes.

Nightmare Moon couldn’t deny that this was cute. She wanted to hug Twilight, “of course, follow me”

Nightmare Moon got up and Twilight SparkHe followed her mother. As they headed toward the observatory, Nightmare Moon couldn’t deny that Twilight seemed to be the only one who enjoyed her night. But after Twilight went to sleep, she planned to sign some adoption papers.

Nightmare Moon opened the observatory door with its magic. Twilight Sparkle was running all happy. She let out a breath as she saw the room, “this is the best room ever!”

Nightmare Moon smiled at the compliment, “I’m glad you enjoyed it”

Twilight Sparkle approached a large telescope and began to see the planets and stars, “the night sky is so beautiful!”

Nightmare Moon smiled with compliment. She was glad that Twilight Sparkle always preferred the night to the day. Well, your daughter’s name said it all. She was supposed to have expected something like this, “Do you have a notebook?” asked Twilight Sparkle, now looking at Nightmare Moon.

“A notebook? But for what?” asked Nightmare Moon in a confused way.

“For me to draw these beautiful constellations”, answered Twilight Sparkle.

“No. Sorry”, replied Nightmare Moon sadly.

Twilight Sparkle looked down at the floor, “I see ...”

Nightmare Moon couldn’t stand to see sad Twilight Sparkle. She went to Twilight Sparkle and gave a hug. Twilight Sparkle managed to cheer up a bit and hugged her mother back. Nightmare Moon enjoyed being hugged by her own daughter. After all, she was the mother of Twilight. She felt happy being loved by a pony. Suddenly she heard a yawn. Nightmare Moon looked at Twilight Sparkle. Twilight was struggling to stay awake. But her sleep spoke louder and she fell asleep. Nightmare Moon took Twilight Sparkle with her magic and led her filly to the bedroom where Nightmare Moon slept.


Nightmare Moon covered Twilight Sparkle with a blanket before giving a good night kiss on Twilight Sparkle’s forehead. That done, she left the room and now she would go to Ponyville and go flying. Of course. She went to the balcony, spread her wings and began to fly. While flying Nightmare Moon began to think about the first moments she spent with Twilight Sparkle. Nightmare Moon couldn’t help but think she was enjoying spending time with Twilight. Imagine what she could do with Twilight: How to bathe, brush her mane… No! She shouldn’t have these thoughts. She was a mother of Twilight because Twilight has no parents and not because she wants company!


When Nightmare Moon arrived at Ponyville City Hall, she went to Mayor Mare, “I want to adopt Twilight Sparkle”

“OK. Just let me go get the documents”, said Mayor Mare, before looking for the documents.

As the mayor went to get the documents, Nightmare Moon began to think of things she and Twilight could do together like: Watching the stars together, eating together… No! She should think this is something for Twilight. Because Twilight Sparkle would finally have a family. She is the princess of Equestria. She should see and realize that Twilight would finally be happy Living with her.

“Here are the documents”, Mayor Maré handed over a stack of papers.

Nightmare Moon was surprised. But she wouldn’t give up. She took a quill and started writing her name so she could finally be the mother of Twilight.