• Published 21st Aug 2019
  • 2,943 Views, 83 Comments

Phoenix in Another World - Cheer



Sunset, after a fatal incident finds herself in a different world.

  • ...
6
 83
 2,943

7

“Found anything?!”

“Not yet!”

Maria sighed as she looked over the group of five she’d gotten to help her search for the anomaly her sister had alerted her to. “I swear, she’d better not have been lying,” She groaned with a sigh

“Over here!”


Maria perked up and made her way over to the one who shouted. She recoiled as she got there due to the intense feeling that came with the presence of thick magical energy. The closer she got, the more sick she felt. It was overwhelming.

Once she got close enough, the cause was obvious. Just like Belle had said, there was an area of the forest burned away. It still had heat to it. “This wasn’t a natural fire,” She thought before beginning to turn around, only to pause as she saw something. There was a disturbance in the middle. Something had been there and moved after it all burned. It didn’t look too big, and seemed to make its way deeper into the woods. She’d have to report this. Whatever it was, if it used this much magic it would probably die soon anyway.

“Dolf,” Maria spoke up. “You see all of this?”

The large man raised a brow as he looked it over. “Something exploded?” He offered with a shrug.

Maria rolled her eyes “This was magic. I know you can’t feel it but there’s enough in the air that I almost feel sick to my stomach.”

Dolf’s eyes widened as he looked at the area with a new appreciation “What could have done this? Did it burn up?”

She shook her head and pointed to the middle “No. Something walked out of there. Two feet it looks like,” She stated before gasping as Dolf just walked in. “What are you-”

“You said it makes you feel sick, but I don’t have a magic bone in my body,” He said as he approached the disturbance on the site. “Two legs. Not very straight. Seems like they were wobbling. Wearing shoes,” he noted.

Maria sighed as he began but nodded as he continued “So not an elemental. Not that I expected that,” She thought aloud. “Whatever it was, that wobbling is probably because it’s dying.”

“Ah. Yeah. Magic hurts huh?” He said as he looked ahead, eyes following the trail that was made.

“Yeah. Different bodies handle different amounts. I can handle a couple fireballs but that’s about my limit. Most can’t even handle one.” She explained as she followed his gaze “You’re thinking about following it?”

“Like you said, It’s probably dead or dying and if it’s not, we have to make sure it’s not a danger to town.”

“True. I’ll get the others and inform them of the situation.”