• Published 21st Aug 2019
  • 2,943 Views, 83 Comments

Phoenix in Another World - Cheer



Sunset, after a fatal incident finds herself in a different world.

  • ...
6
 83
 2,943

5

Sunset sighed. Her breathing had gotten better, but the blood on her shirt was drying, and dried blood rubbing against skin happened to feel particularly uncomfortable, especially after a brush with death. “Well it’s not like I have anything else to wear,” She grumbled to herself.

At least she had her energy back. Most of it at least. She could walk like normal and wasn’t limping or anything. But even still, the forest just kept going and going. Maybe she should have taken a different direction? It was annoying to just keep walking through trees, trees, and more trees. For all she knew there could be wolves! Though she hadn’t heard of any around town… Still, no reason to not be prepared for the worst, right?

She froze as a noise echoed through the air, she wasn’t sure what it was but it sounded dangerous. Low, and distorting into something that sounded like a howl, ending with some sort of insect like chitter. It was like nothing she’d heard, even back in Equestria, let alone where she… thought she currently was.

She gulped and turned her head from left to right. She could hear a strange sound as something moved through the brush nearby, what in the world was it?!

Her fears were founded as what emerged from the brush, was a wolf… well, a wolf torso and head, but it’s legs… they were like the legs of a spider. It was not only disgusting, but the foam falling from it’s lips caused Sunset’s legs to freeze.

“St- stay back!” She shouted, getting enough control of herself to kick some dirt at it, but of course, the creature just made things even more frightening as it jumped to the side, it’s legs sticking to the trunk of a tree.

“This is bullshit. I survive getting my literal fucking throat slit, and now I’m going to get killed by some mad scientist’s leftovers?” she spat before it jumped at her. The next thing to leave her throat was a scream as she tightly clenched her eyes shut.

But then… she heard something else scream, more of an ear piercing shriek, really. The creature, it had to be. She felt warmth nearby and she slowly opened her eyes. The creature was on the ground, letting out a series of high pitched howls and screeches with it’s strange mix of noises while it’s body went up in flames. No matter how it rolled or moved, it couldn’t put itself out.

Eventually it slumped onto its side, it’s legs curling up as it’s cries fully subsided.

Sunset panted as she stared, it was dead. What happened? Why are things around here always burning? Well… okay, it had only been two times, but still!

“What the fuck? What in the actual fuck? This- this can’t be earth.” She muttered to herself as she looked at the creature. Earth had some weirdness to it, but these creatures felt unnatural, something definitely not native to that planet.

She had no clue what was happening. Where was she? Who had killed her? How was she still alive? Why wasn’t she bleeding anymore, and why did that creature burst into flames?