• Published 3rd Aug 2019
  • 795 Views, 2 Comments

Star Trek Online: Sacrifice - Part II - Admiral Wyatt Stone



As J'ula begins her campaign of destruction, Littlepip and her friends must once again stand as heroes in order to stop a multiversal war.

  • ...
1
 2
 795

Chapter 1: Reunion

"It's time ta grab yer gear, everyone, we're goin' on another adventure!"

Unity.

When we're alone, we're weak, but when we have friends, we're strong. Sometimes, you need allies to face your struggles, without them, you'll fail.

I would've been dead if Calamity didn't have my back in the abandoned Stable 24, the inhabitants of Fillydelphia would've played with my corpse if Xenith and I hadn't helped each other. I would've failed to save the captured unicorns Red Eye was going to sacrifice in his cathedral if Calamity and Regina hadn't followed and assisted me, and we all wouldn't have been able to stop the Enclave if we hadn't decided to team up.

The Wasteland and many other worlds and universes were in danger of being destroyed by J'ula and her band of minions, and if my friends and I were going to win, we had to work together again...

--------

The swirling vortex that was the wormhole ended in a bright flash of white, the E.A.S. Harmony and it's escorts arriving into orbit of the war-torn planet Equus. The planet had several similarities to the Equus Twilight was from, save for the fact that the continents all over were of the color of dirt, and the water was a bit more green than blue. The clouds were split into several pieces, unlike the original cloud cover that was present over ten years ago.

As I sat at my console, Steelhooves at my side, Rainbow Dash spoke up first. "We've arrived at Equus, or, Littlepip's Equus."

"What's the status of the planet?" Twilight asked as Applejack answered her friend.

"The planet's been through one hell of a war, alright. Some of the major cities are gone, not as much population, but Ah'm detecting several settlements on the planet, especially this one group here."

"Let me see." I said as I stood and walked over to Applejack's console, examining the map as I noticed several familiar locations displayed on it. "That center one's Junction Town. My friends live in that place."

"Pinkie, scan for enemy vessels." Pinkie Pie did so and tapped her console, which beeped rapidly as it detected something.

"J'ula's here, I've got the Lukara on sensors, three Sech battlecruisers, fifteen M'chla Birds of Prey, two Veqlargh dreadnoughts, and four DaSpu transports. Their warp signatures are fresh on our scans, they just arrived."

"Visual." Twilight said as the viewscreen changed to the sight of the Klingon fleet, sitting over the planet. Each of the four transports had two Birds of Prey guarding them, ensuring that their troops would beam down without losses.

"Any sign of troops on the surface?" Twilight asked the pink pony at the Sensors station.

"Nope!" Pinkie said with a smile as Twilight spoke up again.

"Good, all ships, focus our efforts on those troop transports, we can't let them get to the surface!" Rainbow Dash tapped her console as several voices spoke through Twilight's chair speakers, the Harmony turning and speeding towards the transport closest to the planet.

"Stratus moving in." Na'Zev said as his ship sped towards the closest transport.

"Sebrova targeting second transport!" The captain of the Sebrova asked as his ship turned to the right and sped away towards one of the other transports, the Klingons firing back at the two unwelcome visitors.

"Ticonderoga will assist with destroying the defending frigates!" The large Nimitz class ship turned and sped away at full impulse, firing its weapons at one of the dreadnoughts, it was probably the closest Klingon-looking ship I'd seen, it had a bridge section with a long neck holding it to a large secondary hull with two long nacelles.

The Harmony opened fire on the transport, the Birds of Prey taking evasive maneuvers and firing their disruptors at us. I tapped my console as I generated an unstable warp bubble. "Have a warp bubble, J'ula, I made it just for you." I said with a grin as I set the bubble off, the Klingon transport being knocked off course as the Harmony continued it's assault.

"The Birds of Prey are closing in on us!" Rarity said as Twilight gave her an order.

"Photonic fleet, they'll deal with the escorts!" Rarity nodded as she tapped her console, the deflector dish glowing a few seconds later. As the glowing ceased, three Starfleet battleships of various classes appeared out of nowhere. They were of 25th Century designs, one had a curved, pointy saucer and a big secondary hull, two pylons were coming off of it, with a pair of nacelles on each of them. A Presidio class.

Another ship was of a larger design, it was a humongous saucer section, with hanger bays on the sides and the front of the ship, the back sported four pylons, each of them carrying a large nacelle. A Jupiter class (albeit the more advanced version).

The third ship had a large saucer, carried by a smooth neck that held a bulky secondary hull as well as three pylons, each boasting a nacelle. A Yamato class.

The three ships turned as they fired at the two Klingon frigates, the two ships breaking away as the Harmony fired two torpedoes at the weakened transport. It seems that that was all the vessel could take as it broke into two, fire bursting out of the torn sections of the ship.

"One enemy transport destroyed!" Rainbow Dash said with a grin as the ship veered hard to the right, facing another one of the transports.

"Shield drain, now!" Twilight commanded as Rarity tapped her console, the bright blue beam shooting out from the deflector dish a second later. As the shields flickered away Rainbow tapped her console again, the Harmony firing three more torpedoes at the transport, blowing it to pieces.

"That's two down!" Na'Zev said over the comms panel in Twilight's chair as the Stratus came into view, firing on one of the Sech cruisers. The vessel fired back at its attacker as it moved away, fire bursting from its hull.

The Harmony turned again as it used repulsor beams on the fleet, pushing at least seven of the Klingon ships away from the planet. Rarity tapped a few buttons on her console as the Harmony caught a Bird of Prey in a tractor beam, pulling it towards one of the dreadnoughts.

"Firing shield drain." The white unicorn said as the ship was hit by the blue beam, the shields flickering out just as it collided with the dreadnought. As the Bird of Prey broke into pieces, the dreadnought drifted away, blazing fires and explosions coming from all over the upper hull.

"Yeah! That's how we do it!" Rainbow Dash cheered as the Harmony turned to the left, facing the third transport. The pegasus tapped her console again as the ship fired a spread of torpedoes, all of them hitting the transport as it turned away, fire bleeding from it's cracks. The ship was brought to a stop as the Sebrova caught it in a tractor beam, a spray of Phaser bolts destroying the transport as its hull whined from the stress.

It was the Klingon's turn to hit us now, one of the Sech cruisers hit us with a shield drain of their own, firing two torpedoes at the saucer. As they hit us, the ship shook violently, one of the consoles on the other side of the bridge exploding, knocking the officer back.

"Sending repair teams, reversing shield polarity!" I said loudly as I tapped my console, the Harmony veering off from the Klingon fleet as they started firing at us. One of the M'chla frigates came at us from our right, firing several more disruptor shots before exploding, the Ticonderoga flying in its place.

"Thanks for the assist, Ticonderoga!" Twilight said as the Harmony turned left again, facing another Sech cruiser. As the Harmony fired another shield drain, the warships shields flickered, allowing two torpedoes to hit it's hull. The ship screeched as it's port side erupted in fire, the ship drifting away from the battle as it burned.

"Venting warp plasma!" I said as I tapped my console, the Harmony flying over the burning wreck as a bluish-green cloud settled around the warship. A few seconds later the vessel exploded one final time as the plasma cloud did its job.

Pinkie Pie's console beeped as she turned, eyes wide as she spoke. "Guys, one of the transports is within transporter range of the planet!"

"Onscreen!" Twilight ordered as the screen changed to show the last transport close to the planet, holding position. As it started to turn and retreat, the vessel was hit by a flurry of phasers and torpedoes before exploding, the Stratus flying into view as it sped past the wreckage.

As the Stratus sped back towards the Klingon fleet, Captain Na'Zev spoke through the comms. "We couldn't stop them in time, they managed to get about three-fourths of their troops to the surface!"

"We'll send an away team down to the surface!" Twilight said as she turned to me and Steelhooves, both of us nodding as we stood and trotted towards the turbolift. "I'll have some more security meet you in Transporter room 1!" Twilight said as we both entered the turbolift, nodding as the doors shut.

As the turbolift made its way down, I looked to Steelhooves as I spoke. "Let's hope we can reach the town before they do." My friend nodded as we waited, the doors opening as we raced for the transporter room.

||||||

The field of blue dissipated as we arrived on the surface of the Equestrian Wasteland, our guns at the ready. As we looked around, we were thankful we didn't beam right to where the troops were, but we were a good walk from where we needed to go. As I turned to my right, I saw it, the blossoming settlement of Junction Town, the old boxcars from before the end of the Enclave were still here, but there were some new buildings as well, including a school, an armory, and a medical center! They were all small, though, and probably would need a line should too many people require help.

I tapped Steelhooves as we both looked at the town. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah, they've done so well thanks to your efforts, Littlepip." The Applejack's Ranger said as we looked to our team, the officers standing ready as we told our plan.

"Alright, we're heading to that place," I said as I pointed to Junction Town. "Many residents, including my friends, are at that place. If we don't stop the Klingon troops from reaching it, they'll be killed. Our mission is to take out any and all Klingon ground units, both ahead and at the town, assuming any reach it. Clear?" The officers all saluted as I concluded the briefing with, "Good, now let's move out!"

We then started our trek through the wasteland, making it halfway down the path to the town when disruptor fire started flying at us. We took cover behind a small group of large rocks, the Klingons setting up their own shields as we hid.

When the shooting ceased a little, I slid into SATS, broke cover and fired two magic bolts at the Klingon troops with my newly upgraded Little Macintosh, both shots hitting their mark as the two were disintegrated, turning into piles of pink goop. I took cover again as the Klingons retaliated, firing away as one of the officers threw a photon grenade, which exploded as one of the Klingons let out a scream. Two of our officers got up and fired several Phaser shots before taking cover again, disruptor fire chasing after them.

As I broke cover again and fired three magic bolts at the enemy troops, a large speeder sped onto the field, firing laser bolts as I ducked again. I'd managed to hit two of the three Klingons I shot at, but that still left at least ten more attacking us. Pulling out a photon grenade, I broke cover and threw it, the small bomb landing right inside the speeder. I got a good look at the speeder before ducking for cover again, it was a small vehicle with a trapezoid shape for the main section, big enough to carry two troops and several crates, even a turret! The speeder also had two circular engines on the bottom sections of its hull, definitely not a Klingon design.

I heard a loud boom as the grenade exploded, along with the speeder. Steelhooves broke cover as his missile cannon opened up, the gun shifting as it fired several Phaser bolts at the Klingons. Out of the ten we were fighting, four of them were killed by the shots. Steelhooves took cover again as the enemy fired back, a flurry of disruptor fire flying above us.

I heard the sound of a transporter beam as I hid behind the rock, the sound of a gatling gun firing a few seconds later. After a moment, I broke cover to see that the remaining Klingons were all shot down by a familiar purple alicorn, her friends running to us a moment later. "Thought you could use another hoof." Blackjack said as she and her team stood next to mine, Lacunae trotting over to us as I responded.

"Yeah, thanks." I then looked to the town, the Klingons had already arrived and were firing at the buildings, several ponies and griffons with weapons charging towards them.

I looked back to Blackjack as I asked, "Can you hit those Klingons from the back while we head to the town?"

"You got it, they'll remember the name "Queen Whiskey" when today's over!" The unicorn said with a grin as she and her team started to make their way towards the Klingons in the back of the army.

I looked to three of our security guards as I ordered, "Go with them, make sure they get back alive." They all nodded and followed my group of friends, who started to fire their weapons at the Klingons as they came near another set of rocks.

The rest of us raced to the town, some of the Klingons firing shots at us. Steelhooves retaliated by deploying his missile launcher, which shifted before firing three missiles at the Klingons, all of them taking out a good twenty-something of them.

As we started to continue to Junction Town, we heard a roar above us. Looking up, we saw a Bird of Prey swooping down at us, charging it's disruptor cannons before stopping in midair. Before it could fire, however, a familiar black shadow sped towards the ship's bridge, the vessel floating in the sky as it was ravaged by Lionheart and his companion, Mouse.

"Don't shoot." I said to my allies as we watched. As the duo from Canterlot flew out of the ship, it flew haphazardly to the right of us, hitting a barren patch of land as it exploded, the ship releasing a shockwave of wind as it blew apart in flames.

Recovering from the shock of the blast, we all let out a cheer of victory as Lionheart sped towards the next incoming Klingon frigate, its disruptors firing as the two entered it. "Who are those two?" Steelhooves said as I turned to him.

"They're the survivors from the Canterlot attack! They helped us defeat Red Eye ten years ago!" I said excitedly as he nodded, the two of us watching the second Bird of Prey fall to the surface as Lion and Mouse flew out again, watching the skies.

"As much as I'd like to watch, we've got a town to save." Steelhooves said as I nodded before the two of us turned and continued onward towards Junction Town, our escorts following suite.

As we entered the town, I saw several of the townsponies running for the nearest homesteads as the Klingons fired at them, one of them getting hit in the leg and hitting the ground hard as he screamed in pain. I pointed Little Macintosh at the attacking Klingons, firing four bullets as we ran over to the injured stallion.

Steelhooves opened his cannons again as he fired a volley of phaser bolts at the incoming group, taking out fourteen of them. I crouched down to the injured pony as I told him, "My two friends here will help you. We'll take care of the rest." The stallion nodded with a faint smile as I looked to two of my remaining officers and ordered, "You two, help him out, Steelhooves and I will hold off the remaining attackers!" They nodded as they pulled out a medkit, grabbing their tools as Steelhooves and I faced the remaining seven Klingon attackers, Blackjack's group galloping our way. I fired Little Macintosh's four remaining bullets as Steelhooves fired his phaser cannons again, the remaining Klingons all being struck down in seconds.

I looked around as I took a breather, all of the other ponies were inside the buildings, save for two more injured ponies, a mother and her colt. Steelhooves and I raced over to cover them, Blackjack and her team meeting up with me a second later. "Can you help them?" I said as I looked to Blackjack, who nodded as she and P-21 trotted over and pulled out their medical supplies, the pair of injured ponies thanking us for their help.

As Steelhooves and I began trotting back towards the other side of the town, I heard a familiar voice nearby. "Git yer claws off mah wife!"

Steelhooves and I stopped as we saw where the voice was coming from, it was Calamity and Velvet Remedy, surrounded by six Klingon troops. They all had their guns pointed at my two friends, Calamity in a battle stance while Velvet was crouching back in fear.

"No!" I yelled as I pointed Little Macintosh at the closest Klingon, firing a pink bolt of magic. As he was hit, the Klingon disintegrated as Steelhooves aimed his phaser cannons and fired, gunning each and every remaining Klingon down. As we put our weapons away, Steelhooves and I raced towards Velvet and Calamity, the married couple looking at us in shock.

"L-Littlepip?! Steelhooves?!" Velvet shrieked in surprise as we stopped in front of our two friends, their eyes wide.

"Yeah, it's us." I said as we both stood between our friends, trying to explain. "Look, I know this all seems crazy, but-" I was cut off as my two first friends grabbed me and Steelhooves, hugging us tightly. As we embraced, I could hear both of them crying, more so Velvet.

"Y-Ya don't know how long it's been since we seen ya in the flesh, 'Pip." I heard Calamity say through tears as I hugged them back. I felt myself start to tear up as well.

After a minute or two, we released from the embrace, my friends wiping their faces as Velvet asked, "What a-are you doing here, Littlepip?

"An' how did Steelhooves come back t' us?" Calamity asked me as he looked to Steelhooves

As they bombarded us with questions about me and Steelhooves, I yelled, "GUYS!" They silenced themselves not a second after I said that, to which I took a deep breath before continuing. "Do you guys have a place we could sit and chat at? There's a lot we need to discuss."

My friends nodded as Calamity said, "Of course we do, just follow us!" With that, we all made our way to a nearby bar within the town, several ponies hiding inside as I heard a chirp on my communicator. Tapping it, I heard Na'Zev's voice.

"Stratus to Littlepip, the Klingons are retreating from the sector, we're keeping a defensive perimeter around the planet. Is everything all right down there?"

"Yep, the town's safe and the troops defeated, thanks to a little help." I said as I turned to face the other side of Junction Town, the defending ponies and griffons heading back to us.

"Is that one o' yer new friends, Lil'Pip?" Calamity asked as I turned to face him.

"Yeah, they'll make sure no more of those attackers can get down here." I replied as we entered the bar, Calamity raising a hoof as he spoke.

"All clear, everypony. Y'all can come out now." The townsponies and griffons of Junction Town got out of their hiding spots as they noticed us, many of them having wide eyes upon seeing me and Steelhooves.

"Hey y'all! Littlepip's back!" I saw the familiar amber mare that was a part of the Wasteland Crusaders team say aloud. The bar was filled with cheers as they greeted us, one of them raising an eyebrow as they noticed Steelhooves by my side.

"Yep, and she's got a story t' tell, y'all!" Calamity said as the crowd of ponies looked at us, the door behind us opened to reveal a griffon I'd met ten years ago.

"Well lookie here, Littlepip's back with us!" Gawdyna Grimfeathers said has she smiled. "Where ya been, old friend?"

"I've been through... let's just say quite a lot." The whole bar looked at me with confusion, waiting for what I'd say next. "Well, if we're going to have story time, you all better get something to eat, cause I've got a long one this time."