• Published 29th Jul 2019
  • 1,972 Views, 10 Comments

Alternate - Moonlight_shadow78



An alternate universe where King Sombra is good and there is a portal that leads to the realm of midnight sparkle.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,972

Chapter 1 - An alternate world

It was a peaceful day In Equestria where three rulers were having tea together.

“Celestia what do you think we should do next for the summer sun celebration this year?” Luna asked her sister.

“Hmm that’s a good question Luna. What do you think, sombra?” Celestia asked as she turned to sombra.

“I think you can do a solar eclipse.” He responded.

“It’s not a bad idea....” Luna said.

“Yes maybe we could-“ Celestia was about finish when two royal gaurds from their kingdom Burst into the room.

“Princesses, and king, we have found something that you need to see!” The gaurd said, catching his breath from running so quickly.

“What is it?” Sombra asked.

“Just come and see.” The gaurd said.

After following the gaurds to the garden they saw a deep hole and a mirror covered in dirt above it.

“While the farmer was digging out a new crop for the garden he found the tip of this and he dug deeper and unearthed this!” The gaurd said pointing his hoof at the mirror.

“What is that?” Luna asked.

“A mirror.” The gaurd responded

“No I know what it is I mean what does it do? Anything special?” Luna asked annoyed.


“We have not checked yet...” The gaurd said.

“Well at least it can make a reflection....-AH!” Celestia said as she put her hoof on the mirrors glass. But the hoof went right through.

“Fascinating, it looks like a portal to another world.” Sombra said, observing the mirror.

“Let’s take it back to the palace.” Celestia said.

Back at the palace.

“So what do you we should do with it next?” Sombra asked.

“Maybe we could...go through it?” Luna mumbled

“What was that Luna?” Celestia asked.

“Maybe we could go through it?” Luna said again.

“WHAT?” Celestia shrieked.

“Well I’m curious on what’s on the other side aren’t you?” Luna asked her big sister.

“Well yes but what if we are in danger?” Celestia said.

“While I do agree with Celestia about the danger I must say that I am curious about this other world.” Sombra said

“Celestia can we go as long as we are ready to defend ourselves? I promise we can go back when there is danger.” Luna said pleadingly.

“Well... okay..” Celestia said.

“Yay!” Luna squealed.

Luna immediately zipped off to the room with the portal with Celestia and sombra close behind her.

“We’re here!” Luna said.

“Luna are you sure you’re ready?” Celestia asked.

Luna giggled. “Yes big sis.”

“Okay.. let’s go.” Sombra said.

They all went through the portal when a blinding flash covered the entire room.

“Luna? LUNA?” Celestia suddenly called out suddenly.

“I’m here...” Luna’s voice trailed off.

“Luna what’s wrong you sound daze-“ Celestia’s voice cut off.

“Woah.” Celestia said.

The sun and moon were both out. But they were almost apart, but they were crossed between eachother. And the castle was covered in dark banners and rugs.

“What happened? Why is this Equestria so... dark?” Celestia asked confused.

“HEY!” A gaurd called out.

Celestia,Luna, And sombra turned around to see a gaurd. Not like theirs though the armor looked the exact same as Luna’s shadow gaurds. But the colors were different. The gaurds armor has dark purple and a pink star on the front.

“Trespassing that’s treason looks like I’ll have to take you to the queen.” The gaurd said coldly.

As they were being taken to the queens throne room Luna was whispering to Celestia. “Why don’t we just teleport?”

“Because once we get to the queen we can explain that she has it all wrong and we can reason with her.” Sombra said.

“Okay...” Luna said.

Once they arrived the gaurd shoved them in and slammed the door behind them.

“Well...well...well....what do we have here?” A dark female voice called out from the front of the room.

Celestia Luna And sombra spun around to see a tall purple Alicorn with pink and purple hair shaped like flames with dark purple wings and a glowing blue horn with holes and a pink star with tiny purple stars on her flank.

“Wait..Celestia And Luna!?” The purple Alicorn called out in shock.

“Yes..?” Celestia said.

“GAURDS!” The Alicorn called out.

Suddenly, the gaurds put rings on the trios horns. And took them to the prison.

After the gaurds left Celestia got angry. At the queen and her sister.

“‘Celestia Let’s go’ she says ‘Celestia come on!’ She says ‘CELESTIA WE WILL LEAVE AT THE FIRST SIGN OF DANGER’ SHE SAYS!” Celestia shouted.

“Celestia I know your mad but taking it out on Luna won’t help.” Sombra said.

“I know, I know, I just got a little snappy there.” Celestia said.

“She seemed surprised to see us as if.. she knew us..” Luna said.

“Well this is an alternate universe so I wouldn’t be suprised if she did know you.” Sombra said.

“Yes but what will we do now? We are in a prison cell.” Luna said.

Just as Celestia was about to respond a gaurd came in and pointed to sombra. “The queen wants to see you for questioning.” The gaurd said.

As sombra was picked up and escorted to the room Luna said “good luck!”

When sombra got into the room he was sat in a chair across from the queens throne.

“Where did you come from and why were you trespassing on MY castle and talking to Celestia and Luna?” The queen asked coldly.

“I...well there was a portal in that room that we came through and before we could leave to go back to our world the gaurd found us.” Sombra said seeing no point in lying.

“So why were Celestia and Luna with you?” I banished them both to the moon.”

“This other world seemes to be an alternate universe to yours so we have our own Celestia and Luna.” Sombra responded

“Good now you may go.” The queen said.

Back at the prison cell Celestia was the first one to ask “how did it go?”

“It went good she just wanted to know why we were trespassing on her castle and why you were here.”

“What happened to alternate us?” Luna asked.

“The queen banished you both to the moon.” Sombra said.

“Woah.” Celestia said in shock.

Just then, 5 ponies in brown hoods snuck in and got in front of the cage that the trio were in.

“Come on! We are here to get you three out!” One of them said.