• Published 28th Jul 2019
  • 3,407 Views, 310 Comments

Romantic Mischief - TheHardie-Boy

  • ...
19
 310
 3,407

How to prank your herd (by ThePinkedWonder)

“Are you sure about giving them this ‘gift’, Jake?” Spike asked.

“I do, Spike. They might not like it at first, but in an hour or so we will all be laughing about it.”

“Well, okay, if you say so.”

Hey, Jake Taylor here. I have the two greatest, cutest marefriends ever, Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer, and it is amazing how well we get along. And their kisses and cuddles...I can’t describe how great it feels.

But as wonderful as that all is, and it is so wonderful, my mischievous side felt that it was time to have some fun with them in a different way. Thinking about how much Rainbow Dash loves pranks, I thought that, with Spike’s help, I would prank Starlight and Twilight with a special “gift”.

“So, Twilight and Starlight are on the way, right?” I asked.

“Yeah. Twilight wanted to give Starlight a friendship lesson at noon, and you know how she likes to do things exactly when she plans to do them,” Spike answered.

“Oh yeah, and I will never forget when I learned that the hard way. But it’s another minute to noon, so they should be here in the library at any second.”

But, before Spike could say anything back, Twilight and Starlight came walking into the library through one of the green doors. I don’t know if Twilight Sparkle had ever been even five seconds late when she planned to do something at a certain time unless something was seriously wrong.

“Oh, hey, guys,” Twilight greeted.

“I didn’t expect to see you two here,” Starlight said.

Spike waved a claw in Twilight's and Starlight’s direction. “Hey, Twilight, Starlight, we thought you would be here soon.”

“And I’m glad you two are here because I have a surprise.”

“Really?” Twilight asked with a big smile on her face.

“What is it?!” Starlight asked with an even bigger smile. It hadn’t been too long since Twilight and our other friends befriended Starlight, and soon afterward she met me and became one of my two marefriends. Because she spent many years terrified of making friends and risk them leave her behind, like she thought happened once when she was still a filly, these moments are especially joyful for her.

“Well, you see those two boxes I have wrapped up?”

Twilight pointed a hoof at the two gifts I laid on a purple couch that she and Starlight like using when they are in the library. “You mean those two?”

“Yep! That green one on the right is yours, Twilight, and the one in blue is for you, Starlight.”

“Wow, you didn’t have to do this, Jake!” Twilight exclaimed, though I beg to differ.

“Yeah, what made you do it?”

“The better question is, why wouldn’t I get a gift for the two best marefriends a guy could ever have?”

With huge smiles, Twilight and Starlight ran to me, and I knelt down to give them a hug. I gave them each a kiss, then a *boop* on their muzzles at the same time, and I will never get used to the cute giggle they always give when I “boop” them. This was why I didn’t let them rise on their hind legs to hug me; giving them their dose of “boops” at face-level further adds to the cuteness of their giggles.

“Aw, Jake, you are too good to Starlight and me!”

“I seriously doubt it, Twi. But don’t you two want to open your gifts?”

“Oh, yes, yes, we do! Er, you do want to, right, Twilight?” Starlight asked.

“Of course I do! Your friendship lesson can wait another minute or two.”

“Wow, Twilight. You must be excited to not want to do something at exactly the time you planned to do it,” Spike said.

Twilight rolled her eyes at Spike’s little jab at her. “Oh, ha-ha, Spike.”

“I have an idea. How about you two open your gifts at the same time?” I suggested.

Twilight and Starlight turned their heads to each other, which I always find cute.

“Okay!” Starlight responded.

“So, on three?” Twilight asked.

“On three!”

“One...two...three!” Starlight and Twilight said at the same time.

On the count of three, my marefriends used their magic to pull off the white bow I tied on the boxes, then pulled off the wrapping paper to reveal a brown box. They did it in almost the exact same way.

But when they each opened their box, a bunch of confetti, plastic green snakes flew out and scattered in every direction.

“Ahhhhhh!”

“Ahhhhhh!”

Screaming, Twilight and Starlight ran out one of the library doors, and Spike and I had ourselves a big laugh at the prank we just pulled on them!

“Ha ha ha! Oh, Jake, that was just too good!”

“Yes, yes, it was, Spike!”

I leaned and extended my arm downward, with my hand in a fist, and Spike raised his claw in a fist. While still chuckling, we “fist-pumped”.

“Oh man, how long do you think they will keep running?” Spike asked.

“Well, I’ll give Twilight another seven seconds, and Starlight another five.”

“Why do you give Twilight more time?”

“Because not only did it scare Twilight, it was something she didn’t expect, and you know how she is about things happening that she didn’t plan for,” I explained.

“Ha, good point. But you better hope they are not mad about that!”

“Well, I was already planning to make it up to them by cuddling Twilight her way tonight, and cuddle Starlight the way she likes it tomorrow night.”

“I hope that will be enough to--”

Rainbow flew into the library with a concerned frown. “Hey, what’s going on?!”

“Oh, hey, Rainbow, and what do you mean?” I asked.

“Is something wrong?”

“Well, Twilight and Starlight are outside crying over something, and I thought you two might know what it is.”

“Wait, what?!” Spike shouted with his eyes widened.

“Oh, no, Spike! That prank worked too well, and it scared them more than I thought!”

“Wait, they’re crying over a prank you two did?” Rainbow asked.

“Yeah, and I wish I never did it to my marefriends! What have I done?!”

“Well, you two better hurry up and get out there to calm Twilight and Starlight before their tears flood Ponyville!” Rainbow ordered, but not that she needed to!

With Rainbow staying behind, Spike and I ran out of the library as fast as our feet could go. I couldn’t believe that I scared Starlight and Twilight so much with that prank, and I planned to never prank them again!


After Jake Taylor and Spike had left the castle to calm down Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer, Rainbow Dash peeked out the door the two worried friends sped out of and said, “Guys, I think it's okay to make yourselves visible again.”

As if out of thin air, Twilight and Starlight reappeared in the library, near the door Jake and Spike sped out of the room from. The three mares then laughed heartily.

“Ha ha ha! Oh, did you two see their faces?!” Rainbow asked.

“Ha ha ha! Yeah, and they looked and sounded so freaked-out!” Starlight answered.

“It’s a good thing we mastered the invisibility spell we used, Starlight, or you and I would have missed Jake’s and Spike’s reaction! And this is your friendship lesson: how to reverse prank your boyfriend.”

“We mean our boyfriend, Twilight. And it’s also a good thing you overheard Jake and Spike talking about that prank, Rainbow, or Twilight and I wouldn’t have known about it, and readied a prank of our own!”

“But, I can’t help but feel a little bad, Starlight. He loves us so much, and hates to think that he might have hurt us,” Twilight admitted in a guilty voice tone.

“Don’t worry, Twi. Knowing Jake, he’ll just be happy that he didn’t actually hurt your and Starlight’s feelings,” Rainbow pointed out.

“And we can make it up to him by you cuddling him the way he likes it tonight, Twilight, and I can cuddle him his way tomorrow night when it’s my turn to cuddle with him,” Starlight explained with a wink.

“That sounds good to me, Starlight,” Twilight replied.

As the three mares continued to chuckle at their reverse prank, they thought about how Twilight and Starlight wanted to make up to Jake by cuddling with him his way, because Jake had the same idea to make up to Twilight and Starlight, but by cuddling with them their way.

Perhaps it was a sign that the three were perfect for each other, and another reason why Jake Taylor couldn’t bring himself to choose just one of them.

Author's Note:

Thanks to ThePinkedWonder for adding another chapter to this story. Seriously, people, it's not hard. Expect yet another chapter soon from yours truly