• Published 28th Jul 2019
  • 3,406 Views, 310 Comments

Romantic Mischief - TheHardie-Boy

  • ...
19
 310
 3,406

We need to talk (by Bumblebeau)

It was a lovely day in the library, and Twilight had just finished organizing her shelves with her new and improved Twily Decimal System; thanks to her new system, anypony would be able to find whatever book they were looking for in three-point-seven seconds flat. Twilight looked at her work and marveled in her own brilliance.

“What could be better then the feeling of a well organized library?” Twilight said to herself with a sense of accomplishment.

She soon got her answer as she heard the doors open behind her to reveal Jake Taylor, her husband, and her soulmate.

With the biggest smile on her face, she rushed to her consort and leaped into his arms. She puckered her lips and gave him the biggest kiss of her life; she expected to meet his lips but instead found his cheek. She opened her eyes to see Jake with a dismal expression.

“Jake, honey, is everything alright?” Twilight asked.

“Twilight, we need to talk,” Jake said with sorrow as he placed her down and knelt beside her.

“What’s wrong? Whatever it is you can tell me anything,” Twilight said with concern.

Jake took a deep breath before he continued. “I’ve been talking with Sunset...”

“Yes?” Twilight asked.

“...And we both agreed it would be best for our children if Sunset and I were together to raise them,” Jake continued.

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked with a sense of anxiety.

“I mean that I’m going to live with Sunset from now on... without you.”

Twilight couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Didn’t they agree they would all be one big family?

“But what about me? What about us?” Twilight said placing a hoof on Jake’s knee.

Jake said nothing as he took off his wedding ring. “I’m sorry Twilight, but I need to do what’s best as a father,” he said while placing his ring in front of her.

Twilight looked at the ring, tears running down her cheeks. When she looked up she saw Jake and Sunset at the mirror to the human world; Jake held Sunset’s hoof as they prepared to go in.

“JAKE, WAIT! DON’T LEAVE ME!!!” Twilight shouted as she rushed towards the mirror as fast as her hooves could take her; as she ran, everything seemed to move in slow motion. Before Twilight could reach them, they had jumped into the portal, leaving her behind.

“JAKE!!!” Twilight shouted as she tried to enter the mirror; when she placed her hoof on the mirror, instead of going into the portal, she felt only a solid surface like a regular mirror.

“JAKE! I NEED YOU JAKE! PLEASE COME BACK!” Twilight shouted as she stared at her mirrored clone with tears flooding her face.

“Did I do something wrong? Do you just not l-love me anymore?” Twilight asked as she collapsed in front of the mirror. She curled into a ball and continued crying in her confusion.

“TWILIGHT SPARKLE!!!”

Twilight broke out of her saddened state and shot her head towards the voice to see her former teacher.

“Princess Celestia,” Twilight said. “You won’t believe what happened. Jake...”

“I saw the whole thing Twilight, and I am so disappointed in you!” Celestia said with an elevated voice.

“W-What?!” Twilight said with another bewildered look.

“If you couldn’t even keep your marriage in tact, how can you possibly be expected to act as a princess?” Celestia said with a hoof on her face.

“B-But... but I...”

“Clearly, I have chosen the wrong pony for the job,” Celestia said while shining her horn in Twilight’s direction. When the light cleared Twilight discovered that her wings were missing; Twilight was just a regular unicorn again.

“The position of Princess of Friendship will be given to a mare more worthy of such an honor.”

Before Twilight could ask any questions a large cloud of smoke gathered around her. As the smoke entered her lungs, sending her into a coughing fit, she heard sounds of laughter coming from the smoke.

“And who is more worthy than I-” the voice shouted while clearing the smoke around her, revealing to be Trixie with a new set of wings, “-Trixie, the greatest and most powerful of all alicorn princesses?”

“Trixie?!” Twilight shouted in bewilderment.

As Trixie laughed on her new throne, groups of ponies bowed before her, including Princess Celestia herself.

Twilight saw two humans chained to her throne: Flash Sentry, and Timber Spruce; both were ripped, oiled up, dressed in slave outfits, and messaging Trixie’s hooves with smiles on their faces.

“Princess Trixie can get used to this,” Trixie said while holding a small bell.

Once she rang the bell Starlight appeared from behind the throne wearing a belly-dancer outfit and carrying a platter of grapes. “I’m here, mistress,” Starlight said in a seductive tone. Once Starlight got close enough she started to feed Trixie the grapes with her mouth.

While dazed and confused, Twilight heard a sound from the mirror. When she gazed upon its glow, she saw Jake and Sunset together with several children; they were all laughing and smiling together, clearly happier without Twilight there.

“Jake...” Twilight said in response to what she saw.

“I have an announcement everypony!” Celestia announced with pride. “Luna and I have decided to retire, and hereby declare our successor to be none other than the Great and Powerful Princess Trixie!”

While Twilight stood there with her mouth agape, everypony else was cheering in honor of their new matriarch. Celestia placed a crown on Trixie’s head, but not just any crown: it was Twilight’s crown, with her Element of Harmony.

“And now for my first decree as ruler of Equestria, we will send this miserable excuse for a pony somewhere where she will never be a nuisance again!” Princess Trixie exclaimed while her horn glowed.

Before Twilight had a chance to object, Trixie shot at the floor beneath her, and Twilight fell into the darkness below.

The last thing she saw was the image of Trixie, Celestia, and all of Twilight’s friends laughing at her misery, then everything faded to black.


“NOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Twilight screamed in her sleep, waking Jake up in the process.

Jake got up in my half awaken state as Twilight flailed her hooves around.

“Twilight... is everything alright?” Jake said while rubbing his eyes and turning a table lamp on.

Once his eyes adjusted to the light, he realized Twilight was still asleep; he grabbed her by the shoulders and gently shook her.

“Twilight! Twilight wake up!” His words finally woke her, and she slowly opened her eyes. When she saw him, she burst into tears and held him tightly.

“JAKE!!! YOU CAME BACK! I WAS SO WORRIED I WOULD NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN!!!” she cried while sobbing into his chest.

“It’s okay sweetheart,” he said while stroking her mane. “You were having a bad dream, but it’s all over now.”

“It was so horrible,” Twilight said with tears. “Princess Celestia called me a failure, Trixie took my place as a princess, and...” Twilight got up and looked straight into his eyes. “...and you left me.”

Jake looked at her with my eyes as wide as he could make them. “Leave you? Why would I do that?”

“Because you said it was better for the baby if you were with Sunset... instead of me...”

With the exception of her crying, Twilight was silent; Jake simply smiled and held her head close to his heart.

“That’s never going to happen, Twilight,” Jake said with a soft voice. “If you meant that little to me, I never would have married you.”

Twilight said nothing, but pushed herself closer into his chest.

“I made a promise to you, Twilight: I will never abandon you. Even if I ever did decide to live in the human world with Sunset, you and Starlight would be right there with me, because I love you, Twilight, and that’s never going to change!”

Twilight put her hoof on his arm. “I love you too, Jake!”

After about a minute in this position, Jake decided to turn off the light and pulled them both back to a lying down position. Twilight held him close while tucking us into the covers with her magic. They gave each other a kiss before saying their goodnights.

“Goodnight, Twilight...”

“Goodnight, Jake...”

“Goodnight, you two!”

Jake’s eyes shot wide open as he turned the light back on and looked around the room for the third voice. Suddenly, they both felt something moving under the covers; Jake lifted the comforter, and a certain draconequus popped his head out with a message:

“Happy April Foals Day everypony!”

Author's Note:

April :scootangel:king fools