• Published 17th Sep 2019
  • 4,944 Views, 434 Comments

Flash Sentry, Defender of the Peace S5 - Banshee531



The newly knighted Flash Sentry has returned to his life of keeping the peace. But even that has problems as his new responsibilities as a knight, member of the friendship council, and a certain new relationship with Twilight will keep him busy.

  • ...
12
 434
 4,944

Ramen, Rain and a Hint of Romance

Ponyville Park. A relatively simple place, one that let ponies swim in the nearby lake, fly kites or have picnics. It was a best place for ponies to relax, but not always. As for the exception, it was the unicorn named Rarity. She was dressed in a trench coat, sunglasses, hat and scarf. She was constantly looking around, making sure no one was following her.

It was here she reached her destination, a bench standing beside a trashcan. There, she sat down as two more ponies trotted up to her, their identities being Applejack and Fluttershy. And as they sat down with her, Rainbow Dash's head popped out of a nearby tree before floating down to the bench. "Where's Pinkie?" The speedster asked as she sat down.

"I'm not sure," Rarity replied as her eyes darted around, "She was supposed to meet us-"

"I'm already here!" interrupted a voice, its owner popping out of the trash can. The party pony leaned over, a banana peel falling out of her mane as she asked, "So...we all set to do this thing?"

"Quite." Rarity opened her trench coat before magically pulling out an envelope. "Here are our targets," she opened it up, soon revealing pictures of Twilight and Flash, "It's absolutely crucial that this mission goes off without a hitch."

"Err...Rarity?" She turned to Applejack, "Why yah talkin like that? This ain't some top secret mission with the fate of Equestria on the line. It's Flash and Twilight's first date."

"That doesn't mean it's not important," Fluttershy added, "I mean, its two days away and...well, you know those two will need help."

"Ah ain't sayin it ain't important. Ah'm just saying Rarity doesn't have to make a performance out of it." Rarity let out a pout as Rainbow leaned her head in front of the fashionista.

"Anyways...why do we need to even get involved? This is Flash and Twilight's date. I know I'd hate it if somepony tried to butt into a date with me and Soarin."

"That may be true darling, but this is different." Rarity responded as she pushed Rainbow to the side, "Flash and Twilight are still transitioning from friends to lovers. That alone shows that if this date goes bad, it could have serious consequences. We've seen how they are when...well, remember just the other day with the whole 'moving into the castle' problem. That's why we need to make sure everything is perfect for the couple."

The girls all nodded, Pinkie speaking up next, "And don't forget, Cadance wants lots of pictures of their first date. If we're not there, who's gonna take them?"

"Agreed. Princess Cadance will not be happy if we don't get that." Rarity sighed, crossing her hooves, "She considers those two her greatest failure and we promised to help her with them."

"I guess you've got a point," Rainbow added, resting her hooves behind her head. "Geez, those two sure are a hassle."

"So what do we do?" Fluttershy asked next, "I'm guessing we can't actually let them know we're watching them during the date."

Rarity nodded at this, "Yes, we have to keep out of sight while making sure everything is under control."

"Oh, I know!" Pinkie exclaimed before her head withdrew into the trashcan. A puff of smoke then exploded beside Fluttershy, making her jump into Rainbow's hooves in surprise as it faded to reveal Pinkie in a jet black costume. "Like ninjas?!"

"In a way," Rarity tried to reply, "But not as...flamboyant."

Applejack chuckled at this, "Never thought I'd hear you talking about keeping things simple."

Rarity grit her teeth at the comment, "For Flash and Twilight's sake, I'm willing to hold back my natural urge to...peacock. Now, onto the details of the date. I've been explaining what one does on a date to Twilight-"

"But you've never been on a date," Fluttershy interrupted. "Only me, Pinkie, and Rainbow have done that."

Rarity gave her a glare, making the pegasi shrink in her seat as Rarity continued, "While that is true...I've read a great many romance novels, which Spike picked up for Twilight to look through for research. As such, I've already helped Twilight pick out a perfectly romantic restaurant for them to dine at and I already finished their outfits for the event."

Rainbow rolled her eyes, "That doesn't sound like something Flash would enjoy. I mean, remember when he told us he had to wear a monkey suit in that mirror world? I also know that if he's like Soarin, he's not into fancy food."

"He'll be fine darling," Rarity retorted. "If it's for Twilight, you know he'll put up with anything."

"Whatever..."

Rarity let out a confident snort. "Anyways, after the meal will be a romantic carriage ride through the park leading up to a hilltop gaze out at the sunset. Trust me, it'll be a night they'll never forget. All we need to do is be prepared to intercept any complication before it has a chance to cause issues."

"What kind of issues?"

"For starters Rainbow, you'll need to keep an eye on the weather. I checked the forecast and it says that Saturday is supposed to be a positively sunny day, but we need to know if there's any changes to the schedule."

Rainbow saluted, "You got it. I'll make sure not a drop of rain touches them."

"Good." Rarity then turned to Fluttershy, "You're in charge of the wildlife darling. We don't want another ladybug incident. Also, see if you can get any of your songbird friends to follow them during their carriage ride. I'm sure a romantic song will do wonders."

Fluttershy nodded, "Okay."

Pinkie then jumped up and down in front of Rarity. "Oh! Oh! Oh! What about me?!"

"You darling, are in charge of the fireworks." Pinkie gave her a curious tilt of the head, "Its for when they return to the castle after the sunset. I dropped a bunch of hints to Twilight about sharing a kiss at the end of the date, which will be when Flash and her get home. When they kiss, you'll launch a bunch of fireworks." She sighed happily, "It'll be glorious." Pinkie was literally vibrating at this, absolutely loving the idea as Rarity turned to Applejack, "As for us, we'll handle anything that comes up. No distractions like Sandbar was during our attempt to get them together."

"You got it," Applejack replied while tipping her hat.

Rarity shined a huge smile. "If we get this right, it'll be the best date any two ponies have ever been on. But to do that, it'll take a lot of work."

Rainbow nodded in agreement. "Then I'd better make sure to get all my weather duties done tomorrow. It's probably gonna take me all day to prepare tomorrow's formations, set them up, then prepare the Saturday's formations."

"I'll be busy too," Fluttershy added. "I'll need to spend the whole day with my animals tomorrow to make sure they don't feel neglected."

"I understand completely darlings. I myself have a big order to fill out before Saturday."

"Me too!" Pinkie chimed in. "The Cakes are gonna need my help with the store while they're working on an order."

"And ah'll need to work extra hard to get all mah chores done for the next two days." Applejack let out a long sigh, "This is gonna be rough."

"But it'll be worth it," Rarity finished for her. "Now come along, we've got work to do." She got off the bench and held out her hoof, "You girls with me?"

"WE'RE WITH YOU!" The four yelled as they all brought their hooves together before throwing them up into the air. They then headed off in different directions, knowing the next two days were gonna be hectic.


Meanwhile...

Back at the castle, we find Princess Twilight Sparkle in her library. She had a bunch of different books floating around her, speed reading each as her brain kept shifting between memory and magic concentration. The alicorn was also magically taking notes, her usually perfect horn-writing fallen to the wayside in her worries.

It was in that moment that Spike stepped into the room, a large stack of books in his claws. "I got those books you wanted to borrow off of Rarity."

"Thanks Spike!" Twilight replied without looking at him, now snapping three books closes as she levitated them to her 'read it' pile before replacing them.

Spike blinked at the sight, putting the books down before picking up the top one and almost gagging at the cover. "Yuck! Twilight...why are you suddenly so interested in reading these mushy romance books?! I've never seen you touch one of these before now."

"Because I've never been interested in romance until now," Twilight replied while taking a sip of coffee. "But my date with Flash is this Saturday, and I need to be ready for anything that might happen."

Spike raised an eyebrow before glancing back up at the tower of books, "And these things are supposed to help you learn?"

"Yes! I've compiled a list of every single thing that might happen on my date, and I've used it to make this." She then showed him a list of notes, only for a flash of purple light to appear next. There, a large sheet of paper appeared in front of Spike, one that almost blinded him due to the number of colors covering it. The paper was filled with colored lines, all going to different boxes.

"What is this?"

"A date flowchart. I made it to make sure Flash and I have an awkward moment free date." She pointed at a box filled with different sentences. "This is a list of topics we both enjoy talking about, which I can use to prevent silence. Each topic leads to a different way the conversation can go. That way, I won't say anything embarrassing that might screw up the date."

"What if something else happens?"

Twilight pointed to another line, "That's for this thread. It's a list of all possible disasters that could happen, including but not limited too an allergic reaction, choking and food spillage. The threads coming off that leads to a list of different counters to defuse the situation before they get out of hoof."

Spike could only blink at the sight as he took the chart in claw, "Wow...I gotta admit, you seem to have accounted for everything." He put the sheet down as he saw her take another sip of coffee, "But are you sure you need all this? You've hung out with Flash before-"

"Of course I need this!" Twilight interrupted before getting up and pacing around the room. "This is mine and Flash's first date! Our entire relationship could be shaped by what happens on it! We could end up miserable and never see each other again, or we could tell our grandfoals about it! I need to make sure it goes right. After all, our first dance could be a song we hear on...oh no! DANCING!"

"Huh? What wrong with dancing?"

"What's wrong?! What if Flash and I end up dancing together?!"

Spike rolled his eyes, "You two have danced before. At least, I think you have..."

"But not as a couple!" Twilight screamed before muttering to herself about all the things that might cause a problem, such as her tripping or stepping on Flash's hooves.

Spike watched as she began to pace again, now three quills magically writing notes. Sighing at the sight, Spike stepped in front of her and grabbed the alicorn's cheeks before pulling them to his face, "TWILIGHT!" The princess stopped muttering as she found herself staring at drake's eyes, "You need to calm down. If you keep going like this, you'll be a nervous wreck by the time the date arrives, and then you definitely won't enjoy it."

"But-"

"No Twilight. Stop panicking." Spike interrupted as he continued to grip her cheeks, "If you're not calm, the date will be ruined."

"I...I..." Twilight tried to respond, only for her brain to tell her to stop. Seeing this, Spike let her go as she leaned back and rubbed her cheeks, "Oh shoot..." her ears folded as she showed a big frown, "I'm already messing up, aren't I? What should I do Spike?"

Spike crossed his claws, thinking for a second before replying, "Well...how about starting tomorrow, you don't think about the date at all. The second you think about it, do something that'll keep you occupied."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Anything. Ponyville is filled with distractions."

Twilight rubbed her chin in thought at this, only to nod, "Yeah, that could work. Thanks Spike."

"That's what I'm here for." He turned around to leave the library, a pile of comics and gems waiting for him in his new room, only to hear the sound of flapping pages and scratching quills. He glanced back, scowling at the sight of the alicorn, "Twilight..."

"What? It's not tomorrow yet." Spike just rolled his eyes and shook his head, soon heading out as he bet Flash wasn't freaking out like she was.


Iron, Lightning and Springer had just entered the castle, passing through the special barrier spell that Twilight had erected around the place that only allowed selective individuals to enter without permission. The trio had all been enjoying their last day off, the new shift system now in place. They had to admit that the workload for them had gone down considerably, as they were in charge of keeping the town from blowing up today while Flash would be doing it solo tomorrow. After that, they would be doing the next day while Flash spent the day getting ready for his date.

The three had now just finished patrolling and were heading to the training room for their daily workout. As such, Iron chimed in first, "So...I'm thinking today we work on fire rescue training. I don't know about you two, but due to what happened the other day, I'm thinking we need to practice that."

"Sounds good to me." Springer replied while scratching one of his ears, "Too bad Flash isn't training with us. He'd probably love doing something like that."

Lightning let out a low grunt, "Tch. He'll probably be too busy preparing for his date on Saturday."

The door leading to the training room came into view as Springer asked, "What would he need to do to prepare?"

"Probably nothing," Iron added as they reached the door. "You know Sentry, he doesn't let anything get to him. He's probably in his room reading a comic or something."

But as he pushed the door open, the sound of romantic violin music suddenly hit their ears. Raising an eyebrow, the trio stepped inside and found that the room had been transformed into a fancy restaurant, coupled with tables full of what they assumed were illusions of ponies on their own dates along with waiters and bus colts. Sitting at a table in the center of the room was Flash Sentry, wearing a tuxedo and sitting across from a illusion of Twilight.

The pegasus didn't seem to notice them as he held up a bottle. "Wish for a top up?" He asked the fake Twilight, who nodded in response. Flash began to pour the liquid out, only for the corner of his eyes to notice somepony real looking at him. Turning, he froze up as he saw the other defenders staring at him.

Fake liquid from the fake bottle now overflowing on the illusionary table, the four stared at each other in pure silence. Flash's face started to turn more shades of brighter red as the others kept their brains completely switched off while displaying blank faces. That is, till Iron broke the silence by saying, "Oookay. This is literally the most disturbing thing I've ever seen."

"Uhhh...hey everypony." Flash nervously chuckled as he put the bottle down and started waving his hoof around for the control crystal. When he finally found it, the room returned to its normal state, though Flash's face kept getting redder.

"What the heck are you doing?!" Lightning asked before Flash could say anything else. "And why did we have to see that?!"

Flash sighed as he looked away, "I was...training?"

"What kind of training do you call that?" Springer countered, a look of worry now on his face.

"Okay, its not training. I guess it was more like...practicing."

"For what?!" Iron yelled, "Don't tell me this was for your date with Twilight?!" Flash nodded, making the defender facehoof, "Oh for crying out-why?!"

Flash started to twiddle his hooves, "Well...I've never been on a date before, and I'm never good at anything when I try it for the first time. So I figured, if I'm gonna mess this up-"

"You'd rather do it with an illusion of Twilight than the real thing?! Seriously?!" Lightning finished.

Flash did a slow nod, "This way, when I do something wrong, I'll know not to do it during my actual date on Saturday." He then saw three blank stares, Flash now shrugging, "What?! Call me creepy all you want, but I want this date to go well. If that means I have to practice with a fake Twilight, then I guess I'm a creep."

The three just continued to stare at him, only for Iron to let out a sigh, "Oh geez...so its that important to you, isn't it?"

"Its important to Twilight, so its important to me." Flash instantly replied, the trio sharing glances. It was here that they both stared directly at Iron, the knight catching on.

"Alright...guess I gotta help ya."

Flash raised an eyebrow, "You?"

Iron gave him a flat stare in response, "Yes, me. I've been dating my marefriend a lot longer than you've been dating yours. I've had both good and bad dates, so...guess I gotta show ya the ropes."

"Well...okay." Flash responded, only to feel Lightning tap his shoulder, "Hmm?"

"And I happen to have had my fair share of dates too. Granted, Canterlot mares are...a bit different compared to your marefriend, but let me teach you a thing or too."

"Okay..." Flash replied as he felt both stare at him. He looked over to Springer, who could only shrug at the matter.

"Listen up Sentry," Iron spoke up, Flash glancing back at him, "Now the main trick is simple. All ya gotta do is not even think about the date until the last minute."

"Why would I do that?"

Lightning gripped his shoulder next. "Because the more ya think about it, the more you'll panic. Eventually, it'll get so bad you'll start trying to come up with excuses to cancel, and that'll be a whole other can of worms."

Iron nodded in agreement. "So right until the very moment the date starts, you don't even think about it. Luckily for you, your shift tomorrow should help you keep your mind off of it." Iron then leaned in with a greasy grin, the sight making Flash's eyes shrink in fear, "Now, let's start with showing you how to properly treat a mare on a date. Lesson one...you don't matter compared to her. Trust me on this. Lesson two..."

Flash could feel himself shrink as Iron and Lightning dragged him out of the room, the pegasi whimpering as he had a feeling he had just made a huge mistake.


The next morning...

Twilight let out a long yawn as she felt her eyes try to open. She rolled over in her bed, reaching her hooves out as she tried to find a snuggle partner. But as she felt herself reach the edge of the bed, her eyes fully shot open, a big frown now on her face as she found herself alone.

Flash had left early for patrol. That very fact made Twilight let out a whimper, her body lifting out of bed as she instantly woke up thanks to her disappointment. She had gotten used to being in bed with Flash, snuggling up to him every morning she could. However, him being gone made her lose almost all motivation as she went over to her bathroom mirror, brushing her hair first.

As she stared at herself, her mind started to go over yesterday and her plans, soon thinking about tomorrow. "No!" she yelped as she smacked the side of her head, "Bad Twilight! You promised Spike that you wouldn't think about tomorrow...and the date...and everything that could go bad and-no!"

She then slumped over into the sink, sighing as she tried to think of something else. "Come on Twilight, you can do this...there's gotta be something you can do." The alicorn finished her hair and did her morning routine, her mind going over everything she could do. "Well, I could try and help anypony today. I just got to make sure it doesn't end with me losing it and using a spell on a doll again...." She muttered to herself as she went to calendar she had set up in the room, "There's also no events in Ponyville coming up...wait."

Her eyes blinked at the incoming dates, specifically the Grand Galloping Gala and Fantasia Parade. "That might work." She admitted to herself as her horn began to glow, now summoning some paper and quills. "Me and Flash are going to Canterlot Monday to help with the gala and festival after all. That alone will need a few check-lists and plans...its perfect!"

Twilight started to hum to herself as she walked down the halls with the papers, only to come to a stop as she saw Scootaloo, Springer and Spike all preparing their breakfast in the kitchen. "Oh! Good morning everypony."

"Morning," they all replied, Spike now pouring milk on his and Scootaloo's cereal while Springer was buttering some toast near an opened jar of strawberry jam. "Want some?" He offered, which Twilight nodded at while taking it in her magic.

She quickly made herself a jam sandwich and put some water on to boil for a cup of coffee. "So what's everypony doing today?" She turned to Scootaloo with a small smirk, "Let me guess, some hair-brained scheme to get your cutie mark with your friends?"

Scootaloo shook her head, "No. We're gonna spend the day trying to come up with one instead." She let out a long sigh, "The ideas are starting to run dry...we've tried almost everything."

Twilight patted her on the shoulder. "Don't lose heart. If you're running out of ideas, that just means you're getting even closer to what your mark will be. I bet by the end of the year, you'll be sporting a shiny new cutie mark." Scootaloo tried to smile as Twilight turned and took the water off the heater, soon pouring some coffee. And as she took a sip, she let out a long happy sigh, "Lovely. Just what I need to get to work."

"Twilight..." Spike growled, his eyes narrowing before Twilight glanced back at him.

"It's not what you think Spike. I'm going to spend the day preparing for our trip to Canterlot. The Grand Galloping Gala's coming up, remember?"

"And then it's the Fantasia Parade!" Scootaloo cheered.

Twilight nodded as she saw they were all finished in the kitchen. After informing them, the alicorn teleported them to the dining room as she continued, "There's a lot to do before those events Spike, even with Celestia's help. Me and Flash are going to Canterlot Monday, so I'm making plans for everything we'll need."

Spike rolled his eyes at this, showing a small smile, "Fair enough. Just...you know, don't stress out over that either, okay?"

"I won't. I promise." Twilight responded as she started to eat her breakfast, the others following suite.


Meanwhile...

"Ugh..." Flash moaned as he surveyed the town from the sky, "What a boring, peaceful day..." He then landed on a nearby rooftop, slumping over as he muttered, "Great....the one day I want there to be back to back emergencies."

He had been trying to keep his mind off of tomorrow like the guys said...but Ponyville said otherwise. Nothing was happening, making his brain go back to the subject of dating, "Come on! Can't I at least get a cat stuck up a tree or something?!" As he said that, he saw Rainbow fly by overhead. "Yo, Rainbow!"

The pegasus, who was pushing around a bunch of clouds, glanced back, "Oh, hey Flash. Sorry, can't talk. Lots to do." She then started pushing the clouds in place, Flash now seeing how dark they are.

"You making some rain?"

"Its for a light shower," Rainbow replied as she put another cloud into the pile. "It's set to go off just after lunch for about twenty minutes."

"Thanks for the heads up," Flash jumped off the roof. "Need some help?"

"Nah, I got this." Rainbow added as she began punching the cloud, "Sorry, I got a lot to do. Talk to you later."

"Alright. I'll uh...leave you to it." With that, he flew away, sighing as he rubbed the sides of his head, "I'm still thinking about it. This is gonna be harder than I thought...then again, maybe I can help another one of friends."


Back at the castle...

Twilight was not happy. She had been working in the library for an hour and a half...and she felt miserable. She had thought that making a list, one she was creating using a special scroll roller Flash had gotten her last Heart's Warming, would help her get her mind off the date. The roller was similar to a scotch tape dispenser, holding a large roll of parchment with a blade to easily cut off pieces when she was done writing.

But as she wrote out the list, her eyes caught sight of her date flowchart. Her horn sparked, quickly teleporting the paper away. "No!" she yelled to herself as she looked away, only to see her eyes now staring at the romance novel pile. "Augh! Ignore it!" She turned back to the list for the festival...but it had been changed with the date chart she just teleported away, "NO!" She yelped as she looked away, walking through the library as she muttered to herself, "Focus Twilight...you can do this. You just have to distract-"

Her words came to stop as she saw she had already gone in a circle around the library, the princess now standing right in front of the romance novel pile. "No! Oh...I gotta get out of here!"

The alicorn lit her horn as she put the Canterlot plans away, then teleporting herself outside. As she felt her hooves touch the soft grass, she turned and shut the castle doors before letting out a sigh, "Calm down Twilight, calm down...maybe you can find something to do in town. Maybe the girls need help."

Turning away from the castle, she slowly trotted into town as she saw a familiar building in the distance. It was Sugarcube Corner, the sight making her lick her lips. "A snack might help." she whispered as she made her way to the shop, politely replying to other ponies as she walked down the street. And as she did this, she spotted a certain pegasus flying overhead. "Flash!"

He looked down, raising an eyebrow before landing next to her. "Hey bookworm, what're you doing out of your environment? Run out of books to read?"

"Oh, ha ha..." she groaned before rolling her eyes. "I just...felt like stretching my legs. Even I need to get out of the library every once in a while. What about you? Managed to stop any disasters today?"

"Not yet. Was just gonna see what Pinkie's up to."

"Same," Twilight added, only for both to give each other sneaky smiles.

"First one there gets to lick the spoon!" With that, they both cut into a sprint, neither using magic or wings to get there. Laughs abound as they were neck and neck, the building now only a few feet away.

Both hooves of each pony reached the door at the same time as they cheered, "I WIN!" the duo quickly shot a flare at each other, "What do you mean you won? I won!" They both growled at each other, only to break out in a laughing fit.

"Come on, let's get inside meathead." Twilight ordered as Flash opened the door for her.

"After you, bookworm."

Twilight lightly smacked the defender with her tail before they went inside. It was here they saw nopony at the counter, making Twilight call out, "Hello?"

"Pinkie?" Flash added, only to hear a loud bang come from the kitchen. Sharing a glance, the two ran past the counter, the duo gasping as they now saw pots and pans covering every inch of the kitchen.

"Pinkie?! Are you okay?!" Twilight gasped as she saw the party pony suddenly zip by, the sound of a ringing egg timer going off next.

"Oh, hey you two. Sorry, can't talk." Pinkie responded as she rushed to the oven, pulling out a tray of cupcakes. "Big order to fill out."

"And...where are Mr. and Mrs. Cake?" Flash asked as they saw Pinkie pull out a big icing tube.

"Pound and Pumpkin both broke out in a fever last night, so they're at the hospital." Pinkie replied as she then put the now frosted cakes into a box, only to pull out another box.

"Oh no..." Twilight gulped as she saw Pinkie try to catch her breath for a second. "So, you have to do this big order all on your own?"

"It's not so bad. I mean, I wanted to get Wild's help, but he's out of town for an entertainment gig," Pinkie added as she barely waved her hoof at the couple, "I just got five boxes down...and twenty five more to go." Flash and Twilight both blinked as they saw her shake her head before going over to some mixing bowls. The duo then glanced at each other, quickly making a mental conversation before nodding.

"Uh Pinkie...you want some help?"

Pinkie turned to them with stars in her eyes, "Yes please!"

The two giggled at her expression, Twilight's horn flaring as she levitated several pans. She soon started five mixing bowls while Pinkie did just one. As they did this, Flash started making some icing, though only after Twilight instructed him while she kept doing the mixing. It wasn't long before the batch was ready, six now coming out of the oven while Pinkie went out to deal with a customer.

As Flash finished frosting his last cupcake, he turned to see Twilight carefully glazing her second. This made him shine a huge sneaky grin, his hoof slowly pressing on the tube before squirting some icing right on Twilight's face. She let out an 'eep' before glaring at him, her magic grabbing the tube and blasting a large dollop of sugar paste into his face. The princess began to laugh at the sight while Flash licked the frosting off his face.

But as he did this, he leaned over and grabbed a box of sprinkles. Quickly tossing them at the mare's face, her horn activated, catching every single fiber before firing them back. The condiments spread all over the defender's face, a few going up his nose as Twilight's magic gripped a bag of flour. Flash then let out a might sneeze, the force making Twilight lose focus of her grip. The bag then exploded, covering both in white powder.

And as Pinkie chose this second to come back into the kitchen, she went wide-eyed as she saw the white-plastered couple now laughing at each other.

One hour later...

"And...done!" Pinkie closed the last box of cupcakes, wiping her brow as she turned to the couple, "Thank you so much. You have no idea how much time you saved me."

"No problem Pinkie. We're always happy to help."

"You know it," Flash added as he stared at the boxed. "So what ya gonna do now?"

Pinkie looked at a nearby clock, humming as she did so. "Well...there are a few packages I need to deliver, but that would mean closing the shop. Gosh, even with the help, I'm not sure I'll get them done before the lunch time rush."

Flash and Twilight both shared a glance before nodding, "Pinkie...leave the deliveries to us. We'll get them done in no time."

This made Pinkie turn to them with her signature grin before bouncing over and throwing her hooves out for a big hug. "Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Flash let out a laugh, "No problem."

Pinkie then led them outside to a delivery cart, which they started loading as Pinkie went back in to get the list of customers. Once loaded, it was strapped to Flash's back as Pinkie gave the paper to Twilight, "Here are the addresses. They're in order of closest to your last delivery spot."

"Got it," Twilight nodded before Pinkie gave them both one final hug. They waved goodbye as Pinkie ran into the bakery, the two lovebirds starting their trot into town. Over the next hour, they easily got all the deliveries out, mainly being greeted by looks of shock as the customers were surprised their desserts were being delivered by such important ponies.

And as the last package was given, the clock struck noon. Seeing this, Flash let out a long sigh, "Phew, glad that's over. That cart was heavy."

Twilight snickered at his statement, "What, the big strong knight can't handle a few itty bitty packages?" Flash growled back at her, only to be cut off with a grumble from his stomach. His face went bright red as Twilight laughed, "Hungry?"

Flash looked away, trying to hide his increasing blush, "Baking builds your appetite."

"Sure it does." Twilight giggled before putting her head on Flash's shoulder, "Come on, let's get some lunch."

Flash replied while adjusted the cart's strap, "I'm up for some grub, but don't we need to get the cart back to Pinkie?"

"No problem," Twilight added as she pointed her horn at the cart, magic soon firing out that enveloped the wagon in a burst of light. "There, just teleported it back to Sugarcube Corner."

Flash ruffled his back with his wings before giving her a blank stare, "Wait a minute...why didn't you just teleport us to all the delivery spots? I wouldn't have had to haul that heavy thing around town!"

"Where's the fun it that? Now come on, let's go eat." She happily trotted away with a mumbling Flash following. They soon began to look around for someplace to eat, only to come to a stop at a new building. It was square shaped, looking like a garage but with a modest house built on top. The front was open with a quintet of curtains covering the top, with having a strange symbol on it. If it wasn't for the open sign and the strong smell wafting out, you wouldn't have guessed it was a restaurant.

"What's this place? Is it new?" Flash asked as he looked the building over. "And what's with the weird writing?"

"It's neighpanese. Come on, let's see what's inside." Twilight told him as she walked in. Flash blinked at the sight before shrugging, slowly following her as they found themselves behind a counter with stools.

"Anypony home?" Flash asked, hoofsteps soon being heard as a door opened behind the counter.

A peach colored unicorn around their age stepped out, complete with a brown mane and tail. She was wearing a robe, one that covered her flank. "Greetings," she bowed while speaking in an accent that made both ponies raise an eyebrow, "Welcome to our establishment. My name is Shichimi."

Twilight bowed back, "Hello, nice to meet you. Forgive us for asking, but-"

"You're wondering what we serve here?" The unicorn interrupted, getting two nods back. "This is our ramen stand."

"Ramen?" Flash replied with a tilt of the head, Twilight instead going wide-eyed with a big grin.

"You serve ramen? I've always wanted to try that!" Twilight quickly sat down and grabbed a menu. "Come on Flash, let's eat here!"

"Eh, why not." Flash responded as he sat down and asked, "Since we're new, what would you recommend?"

Shichimi did another bow, "Our special today is the Thunder Root broth."

Flash licked his lips at the name, "Sounds good to me. I'll have that with a side order of spring rolls."

"Same," Twilight placed her menu down, "But make my side tamagoyaki."

Flash blinked at this, turning to his marefriend, "Tama...what?"

Twilight just giggled at his reaction, "Its neighpanese egg rolls."

"Oh."

Shichimi turned to the door she had come through, "Papa!"

"Coming!" Another accented voice called out before a purple middle-aged unicorn with a brown mane and tail walked in, a robe covering his body, "Ah! Customers! Welcome, my name is Wasabi."

"Nice too meet you, I'm Twilight Sparkle."

"Same. And call me Flash." The two then glanced over the counter, now watching the duo cook before Shichimi floated a pair of plates containing their rolls to them. Both shrugging at the sight, they took a bite in unison before-

"So good!" they moaned before continuing to feast on the new food. It wasn't long till their plates were empty, Flash staring at the cooks, "Wow....how have I not heard of this place before?! If this your specials, you should be having a line around the block!"

Twilight's horn shined as she levitated a napkin to her mouth, "I agree, but I don't think I've ever seen you two around town before."

"My daughter and I just moved here a few weeks ago."

Twilight shook her head, "Even if that's the case, I'm sure we would have heard about you all. I'm surprised Pinkie didn't throw you all a party."

"Same." Flash added as he leaned back in his seat, "Though uh...we've been busy Twi. I mean, portal jumping to Shade to that trip to the cutie mark-less village."

"And your knighting." Twilight finished as she crossed her hooves, "You're right. Past few weeks have been crazy."

"Our apologies for not introducing ourselves sooner," Wasabi told her as he began the finishing touches to the broth.

Twilight waved him off, "No, it's more our fault. I'm the Princess of Friendship. I should really be keeping an ear out for any new residents in my town. Still, it's nice to meet you."

"I should be saying the same thing as a defender of the peace. Also, expect to meet a hyperactive party pony in the coming days," Flash added, making the two foreign ponies shared a confused glance before Wasabi floated the two steaming bowls over.

The duo licked their lips at the meal while Shichimi gave them a small wooden spoon and a pair of chopsticks. They both took the spoons and took a full thing of the soup. And as it went to their lips, a certain tinge of flavor hit them, making a shock to their systems. Following suit, they poured the soup down their mouths, now feeling a mild kick as they felt it enter their gullets.

"Wow!" They both exclaimed as the two chiefs chuckled at the sight.

"Don't be too shocked. The Thunder Root comes from a special tree that is known for being struck by lightning," Shichimi told them as took another bite. "The root then absorbs the charge and, when made into a broth, gives the food an electrical...zing."

"Fascinating..." Twilight gasped, aweing the broth like a rare book.

"Zing sure is the right word," Flash commented as they both put their spoons down. They then tried to use the chopsticks, Twilight easily handling them like a pro with her magic. But as for Flash, the wooden sticks immediately fell out of his hooves and into the floor, "Dang it!"

The others all laughed as Shichimi pulled out a bigger version of the wooden spoon, this one looking like a ladle. "Would you like to use this instead?" Flash meekly nodded, taking it in hoof before both bowls were soon emptied.

"That was so good," Twilight sighed while rubbing her slightly overfed stomach. Flash just nodded, not sure he was gonna be able to talk for a few minutes. The two chefs gave their thanks as they placed a plate with two sticks on it, each stick having a trio of orb-shaped snacks. Despite being so full, the duo decided to try them, now founding out they were call dangos. A few more happy sighs later, they gave their thanks and pay before leaving, all promising to come by again.

"That was good." Flash moaned as they slowed their pace, their stomachs telling them to be extra slow, "Almost too good."

"No kidding. I could eat there all week."

"They did have a big menu." Flash added as they now found themselves at the Ponyville Park. But as they entered the area, Flash's memories caught up to him, "Uh-oh."

"What?" Twilight replied, only to feel a drip of water fall on her nose, "Hmm?" Before any other reactions could be made, a downpour of rain began to descend on them. Twilight let out a gasp before summoning a magic bubble. "Oh no...let's get out of here."

"Over there!" Flash pointed at a large oak tree, the duo running under it before Twilight cut her spell. The couple then slumped over, Flash's back at the trunk while Twilight laid down on his chest.

They both looked up at the rain, listening at the pitter patter as Twilight spoke up, "You know, I could just teleport us back to the castle."

"Nah," Flash responded while putting his hooves around her, holding her tightly, "I'm happy here. Besides, Rainbow told me earlier that it was only gonna last a few minutes."

Twilight shined a warm smile as she embraced him, only to shiver as the cold water began to drip on her body, "Flash...this is really cold. Maybe we should go back, else we could catch a cold."

"Yeah..." Flash added as he closed his eyes, an idea popping into his head. Before he could tell her, he channeled the energy of the Sacred Light, his body shining as a warm glow enveloped them both. Twilight let out a small gasp as the heat, only to sigh as she felt the water covering her body evaporate, feeling like she was sitting next to a well-lit fire.

They both stared out at the park as the water barrelled down, spotting several animals reacting to the change in weather. A mother quail was running across the damp field with her chicks in pursuit, the parent hopping over a tiny stream of water with them struggling to follow. Next was a squirrel, which rushed up the tree and crawled into a hole. Then there was a group of ducks, all happily waddling to a nearby pond.

"Huh...I've never done this before. This is pretty cool." Flash commented as Twilight nodded in agreement.

"As long as there wasn't any lightning in the forecast."

"Yeah..." Flash continued as his gaze drifted over the park, only for her words to ring his head, "Lightning..."

Twilight looked back at him, "What?"

"Nothing. Just uh...thinking about how hectic our life is right now."

"What brought that to mind?"

"Well...next week is the Grand Galloping Gala, followed by the Fantasia Parade. That's when Lightning's trial is set to commence."

Twilight quickly caught on, looking back at the park as she commented, "Oh yeah...forgot about that. Has it really been a year? Everything's changed so much since then."

"No kidding. Heck, it still feels like yesterday he would pick on me when I was colt. Now we're gonna have to help him at his trial." Flash slumped down, "I still can't believe I wouldn't be here if he hadn't saved me and the knights at Omniara."

Twilight shook her head, "Don't say that. You and him have both grown up since coming here, same as me. We're all different ponies now."

"I just hope we can help him convince everypony else next week." Flash added as he rested his wings over the alicorn, "But I'm sure he'll be fine. He'll probably have an easier time then I did with my knight exam."

"Isn't that the truth." Twilight grumbled as she snuggled up to him, the two becoming silent as the rain began to end. As it did this, weather pegasi began to bust the clouds, Rainbow also above them before flying off. Seeing their athletic friend fly away, Twilight turned to Flash, "Wanna fly back home?"

"Nah. Follow me." Flash shook his head before getting up, gesturing the princess as they made their way to a field of puddles now inside the park. "After all, this is the perfect opportunity to do something we haven't done since we were little."

"What's that?" Twilight asked before seeing Flash flap into the air...only to come crashing down in a puddle. The force of the fall shot the water flying out, soon drenching the alicorn in a sudden shower.

Flash burst out in laughter as her mane flopped down, Twilight growling at the defender, "Oh, so you want a splash fight? Well...game on!" She leapt into the same motion in another puddle, soon causing a blast of water to drench the defender.

Flash shook the water off before glaring at her, the two now hopping from one puddle to the next, sending water everywhere. It was here that Flash saw a particularly large puddle, making him flap his wings into the sky before falling like an arrow. But as he descended...he suddenly phased into the water, disappearing in an instant. The sight made Twilight gasp, the mare running over as she yelled, "Flash? Are you okay?" She stared at the puddle, not seeing anything, including bubbles. But before she could panic, the sound of splashing water and a gasping for breath made her turn to see Flash's head sticking out of another puddle.

"Where was I?" He asked as Twilight walked up to him.

"You okay?"

Flash whipped his head around to get the water out of it, "No idea...but I think I saw a manatee." Twilight raised an eyebrow at this, only to break out into giggles before pulling him out of the water.

"Now that you've apparently seen the ocean, are you actually okay?"

"Yeah...I hope." Flash added as he shook his body. "But uh...now we might actually catch a cold."

Twilight's horn lit up as she showed a giant smirk, "Don't worry, I got us covered. One heat spell coming up."


A little later...

With the rain over, Flash told Twilight he would have to go on his afternoon patrol. However, Twilight told him he couldn't get rid of her that easily, so she decided to accompany him. Now, the duo was flying over the village, "So...you just fly around, looking for anything that might be an issue?"

"Pretty much. Its the same as when you girls filled in for me. Only this time, there shouldn't be any mishaps."

"Yeah yeah..." Twilight grumbled, pouting as she looked away.

It was at that moment they heard a loud cry, making them look down and see a wagon wheel rolling down the street. Blinking at the sight, Flash swooped in and grabbed the wheel while Twilight saw where it came from. It was Granny Smith, yelling at a one-wheeled wagon that had apples spilling out of it. Flying down next to her, Twilight's horn sparked as she carefully lifted the apples in her magic. "Here Granny Smith."

"Oh, thank you dearie," the old earth pony thanked her as Flash arrived with the wheel. "It's just mah luck that the wagon would break on the one day Applejack asks Mac to stay home and help her out."

Twilight used her magic to lift the cart up before Flash pushed the broken wheel into position, using some added strength to punch it into place. Twilight then lowered the apples inside, Granny Smith giving them a big smile before taking two apples out of the cart. "Thank you both. Here, a little thanks from me to you."

They both nodded before taking the fruit. And as the farmer left, the couple agreed to eat later due to their still full stomachs. As such, they took the skies, flying over the town for another few hours. But as they did this....nothing happened. No disasters or problems, just a calm peaceful day.

And as the sun began to set, Flash announced, "Welp, that's it. End of patrol."

"Huh..." Flash turned to Twilight as she almost sighed, "I was half expecting...something to happen."

Flash just shrugged, "Chalk it up to good luck."

"So what do we do now?"

"Whatever the heck we want. Any ideas?"

Flash watched as Twilight rubbed her chin in thought, only to glance back at the defender, "Say, remember when we were younger and you'd drag me out of the library when you said I was in there too long?"

"Like it was every other Thursday. Go on."

"Well...remember what you made us do whenever it was really sunny?" Flash's eyes sparked before nodding, the two flying up till they could find the highest hills just outside of town. In the time between when it had rained and now, the pegasi ponies had replaced to dark clouds with the standard white ones, all blocking the sun in certain areas.

The duo landed and watched the clouds float by, Twilight muttering, "Wow...I haven't done this in forever. You?"

Flash sighed as he remembered doing it when he had gone up into the mountains. "It's not been that long. Though I didn't really get the chance to enjoy it much."

And so, the two simply stared up at the sky, both calling out different shapes. Flash pointed out two bunnies, an owl and a train while Twilight noticed a flower and a wolf. "Wait for it," she commented as the wolf cloud got closer to one of Flash's rabbits. "Boom!" she laughed as the wolf's mouth connected with the rabbit's head, the cloud dispersing after that.

"Ouch. You're brutal, you know that? What'd that rabbit ever do to you?"

"You're just jealous my cloud beat your cloud."

"Whatever," Flash muttered as he stretched out his wings, Twilight rolling over into one of them. The pegasi quickly caught up, hugging her in the wing as they continued to watch the sky. Time melted away as the sun started to set, the two calling out all sorts of things now, including Flash calling out a cloud that looked like one of those sports cars from the other world. "I still want one of those."

"Yeah well, if your notes didn't keep disappearing in the...portal thing, then maybe we could get something going."

"Why does it do that?"

"No idea." Twilight turned to him with a flat stare, "Also, you can fly. Why would you need such a thing?"

"Its cool."

"Figures." Twilight added, rolling her eyes. Seeing this, Flash pulled his wing, causing their hug to get tighter, "Hmm?"

"I love you Twilight." Flash admitted, making Twilight suddenly blush. She glanced back up at him, his face completely red. Blinking, a big smile appeared on her face as she snuggled even tighter into him.

"Yeah...I love you too." It was here Twilight rested her head on his shoulder, "You know...its hard to believe it took us this long to figure out how we feel about one another."

"Definitely took us a while."

"Cadance was apparently trying to make us get together for years...and the girls have been trying for a long time as well. That and Pinkie said she thought some other power was interfering."

"Sounds like her." Flash said with a low chuckle, "Though to be fair, we were really busy. You were stuck with tons of friendship lessons and becoming a princess."

"And you were focusing on knight stuff."

Flash looked back at her, smiling as her happy face, "With everything we've been through, I guess we were just too distracted to notice we were falling for one another."

"Good thing we had some pretty great friends that wanted us to see the truth." Twilight added before rubbing her chin in thought, "Though...I wonder what they're doing right now? Applejack must have been super swamped if Mac had to go home and help her, and Spike said Rarity was really busy too...though he probably just wanted an excuse to go hang out with her."

"Who knows. Maybe they're all just having a rough day like Pinkie."


Meanwhile...

Pinkie joyfully hummed as she skipped along with a large box balanced on her back. But as she reached one of Fluttershy's picnic blankets, she was greeted by four exhausted ponies, "Hey girls! Wow, you all look wiped."

Rarity let out a whimper, "We are...I had to make twice as many dresses as usual due to filling out extra orders. My hooves feel like they have a hundred needles in them."

"And mah legs feel like they're made of jello. Ah'm also gonna owe Mac for a week for helpin' me..."

"Ugh...my wings feel like they're gonna fall off." Rainbow moaned as she glanced over at Fluttershy, "How'd your day go?"

"Not too bad. Angel was a little annoyed that I wasn't gonna spend tomorrow with him."

"That's one spoiled rabbit ya got there," Applejack told her. "Hate to see what he'd do if yah ever got too busy to pamper him."

Rainbow started chuckling, "Maybe the same thing that happened to Flash and Twilight when they had that little potion mix-up?"

"You mean they switched bodies?"

"Like that'd happen," Rarity commented before they all laughed. "Now then Pinkie, do you have everything?"

"Yup!" Pinkie bucked the box off her back, the crate opening to show an array of fireworks inside. She bounced on her tip-hooves, "Ooh, I can't wait to see Flash and Twilight's faces when these go off!"

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. "You do remember you'll be here...lightning the fireworks. You're not gonna be able to see them."

Pinkie let out a gasp, only to grin as she pulled a camera out of her mane and gave it to Rainbow, "You're right! You'll just have to take a picture of it for me!" She then grabbed the athlete's shoulders, "Promise me you'll photograph it!" She started shaking the pegasus, "Promise me!"

"Okay, okay!" Rainbow yelped, causing Pinkie to let her go. "Ow..."

"Alright! Let's get things set up!" Pinkie exclaimed as she started pulling the rockets out.

"We'll need to hurry," Rarity told them. "It'll be dark soon."


Flash and Twilight watched as the sun began to draw closer to the horizon. They had spent the last few hours just laying on the ground watching the clouds. Time seemed to be a blur, sitting in silence with the exception of eating the apples Granny Smith had given them. And as the blazing orb disappeared behind the skyline, the two got up to go home.

As they headed there, they watched as fireflies began to fly around them. "Beautiful..." Twilight sighed as she watched them spin in the air.

At the same time, Flash was watching the fireflies float over Twilight, the lights intensifying her radiant beauty, "Yeah...beautiful." Twilight raised an eyebrow at the slow response, turning and seeing a dopey smile on his face. The sight made her blush, looking away as she suddenly cut into a sprint. Flash followed after, the two soon reaching the town fountain.

Flash hopped onto it first, walking on the side while using his wings for balance. Twilight giggled at the sight, only to laugh as he lost focus and fell over. But as he popped out of the water, he glared at his lover with a huge sneaky grin. The alicorn's eyes shrank as she saw him ascend, the mare running away as he tried to give her a soaking wet hug.

Twilight quickly dodged his first attempt, soon going over a nearby bridge. Once there, she found herself in a large patch of flowers, their petals alternating between orange and purple. Smiling at the sight, she turned to see Flash leaping at her. A flash of the horn later, Flash found himself dive-bombing into the flowers, Twilight laughing at the sight as she teleported behind him.

The defender spat out a chunk of grass before sitting up, now seeing several flowers fall out of his mane. Sighing as he shook his head, Twilight kept laughing at him as he turned to glare at her. However, the happy grin on her face made his glare melt away, causing him to look down and pick up a flower. Walking over to her next, he gave her the flower before putting it in her hair, Twilight showing a bit surprise at Flash's uncharacteristically romantic gesture.

But that moment passed as she rubbed her head into Flash's neck, the couple remaking their way to the castle. As they did this, Twilight rested her head on Flash's shoulder again, "Thanks for today. I had a lot of fun."

"Me too. And I haven't even thought about our-" He quickly put his hoof to his mouth, Twilight raising an eyebrow at this.

"Our what?"

Flash opened his mouth before looking away, knowing he couldn't lie to her, "Uhh...well...here's the thing. I've kind of been...worrying about our date tomorrow." Twilight's eyes went wide, about to reply as Flash continued, "The guys told me to do something that'll keep my mind off of it...and you did that. So...thanks." He then looked back, now seeing Twilight giggling, "What's so funny?"

"What's funny is I was having the same problem."

"You were?"

Twilight nodded in response. "I was freaking out, trying to plan out every little detail so nothing could go wrong. And when Spike saw I was about to have a breakdown, he told me to not think about the date today." She put her head on his shoulder again, "And thanks to you, I haven't thought about it once today."

Both ponies came to a stop, the information sinking in...only for both to burst out laughing. This lasted for almost a full minute before stopping, Flash even needing to wipe his eye. "So that's it. Talk about irony. But at least we managed to keep each other from thinking about it."

"Yeah..." Twilight added as she kept giggling, "I mean, it makes sense that I would do that, but..."

"I know, right? Totally not my style." Flash admitted as he felt Twilight put her head back on him. As she did this, thought about the day they just had, only to speak up, "Hey..."

"What?"

"Wouldn't what we did today...be a date?" Twilight raised an eyebrow at this as he continued, "I mean, think about it. We did an activity together by helping Pinkie, then we ate together and played around...heck, we ended the thing with a moonlight stroll. This was totally a date."

Twilight blinked at the statement, only to almost facehoof, "Oh my word...this was totally a date. I can't believe we went on a date and we didn't even realize it." She did a small gulp, "Cadance is not gonna be happy. We don't have any pictures..."

Flash started to chuckle as he rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah, but you gotta admit it's kind of funny. We thought we were just hanging out like we used too, but I guess dating is pretty much just that. Well, for us that is."

Twilight did a small shrug, "I guess it is, though with some...added benefits."

"Oh? And what would those benefits be?" Flash replied with a coy smirk, only to get his answer as Twilight slowly leaned up to his face.


Meanwhile...

"Almost there...and...done!" Pinkie cheered as they positioned the last piece of fireworks.

"Perfect," Rarity added while clapping her hooves, "When these go off during their kiss, it'll be spectacular!"

"So how are they gonna go off?" Applejack asked while inspecting the rockets, "Ah'm not seeing any kind of fuse."

The rest glanced at Pinkie, who just waved a hoof, "Eh, don't worry. They're special fuseless fireworks I got from these venders a few weeks back. I was saving them for a special occasion."

"So how do you light them?" Rainbow asked next.

"You just need to say a special word. Blast off!" Pinkie yelled as she swung her hooves around...only to go wide-eyed in horror, "No wait!"

The rest all turned to the rockets, only for them to all launch at the same time. "NOOOO!!!"


As Flash and Twilight's lips met, the sky was suddenly filled with colorful lights. They pulled apart and turned to the display, both gasping at the sight. The rest of the town all seemed to run to their windows, watching as the fireworks lit up the sky.

While this happened, Flash pulled Twilight into his wing, the alicorn's head on his shoulder as the show continued. "Whoa..."

"Yeah...its beautiful." Twilight added as they began to snuggle, admiring the accident that was giving them the tremendous display of color. As they watched this, they both admitted in their minds that this was the best first date they could ever ask for. Every minute was worry free, complete with happiness every second of the way.

And as the last explosion faded into the darkness, Twilight turned to Flash. "So...what are we gonna do tomorrow?"

Flash just shrugged, "Eh, guess we could still go on that date and say it's our first one. That way, the others won't feel like they missed out...and we can get the pictures." Flash's eyebrows hopped up and down, "Let's only give Cadance one pic though, and we have to make sure its not romantic at all."

"Oh, that's mean...and we should totally do it." Twilight giggled, Flash chuckling as well. "Though considering today, I don't think it'll matter if anything goes wrong during our second date." Flash nodded in agreement as they reached the castle doors, only for Twilight to wrap her wing around him, "Now come on, this date isn't over yet." She gave him a sultry smirk before walking in first, Flash blushing as a giddy smile began to form on his face. With that in mind, the castle doors closed as the defender disappeared inside, the last part of date finally commencing.

Author's Note:

And thus, Flash and Twilight's first date comes to a close. I bet you guys were expecting me to do the 'everything goes wrong' story. Please, I spent three years getting these two together. I'm not ruining it by doing that tired clique. By the way, did anyone spot the two Disney references I put in here?