• Published 19th Jul 2019
  • 548 Views, 24 Comments

Magnificent Might of Midnight Sight Sorcerer Supreme - Element of Malice



A pony wakes up in the Everfree Forest with no recollection on how he got there, or even who he is. But one thing he does know is that he can see lights.

  • ...
2
 24
 548

Chapter 2

“They're still following us? Usually, they stop at the edge of the forest.” Fluttershy and her passenger were now running through the trees of Sweet Apple Acres with a dozen wolves behind them. The yellow Pegasus was starting to reach the end of her limit, “APPLEJACK!!” a shadow came over Fluttershy blocking the light of the moon, the shadow of a Timber Wolf. “AHHH!!!” the Timber Wolf landed on the ground in pieces.

“Hope yer hungry. Cuz there’s more where that came from!” Applejack bucked the tree she was next to causing more apples to fall, she bucked a few apples into the hoard of Wolfs causing three of them to crumble. It didn’t take long for the Wolves to make up their mind and return to the forest. “That’s right, run! Crawl back to the foul hole you came out of before ah turn yawl ta firewood, ya varmints!”

Once there were no more wolves, Applejack turned her attention to her friend, “Fluttershy, you know better than to be in the forest this late. What were you doing, and who is this.” She said, pointing to the scruffy looking stallion still on the back of the yellow Pegasus.

Fluttershy was panting, slowing getting her strength back, “Well, Mr. Feathers, he’s a robin, told me that there was a pony in the forest that looked lost.” Explained Fluttershy, “I went in there to help him find his way out. But shortly after I found him, the Timber Wolfs attacked.”

“You're lucky that you were at the edge of my orchard,”

“Actually, I got lost during the chase. I didn’t know we were this close to your apple farm, but somehow he did.” She started getting her breath back. Fluttershy looked at the stallion on her back, “How did you know?”

“Smells good.” He said, with his nose in the air. He slipped off her back and made his way towards one of the trees.

“Oh, you could smell the apples.”

“Smells… good,” The stallion was drooling as he tried to reach the fruit on the branches above.

“I know this might sound a bit sudden,” Fluttershy said, looking at Applejack, “But can he stay here? Just for tonight, I don’t know how well he’ll react to my animals.”

“What are you… don’t tell me he ain’t got a place to stay! Fluttershy ah don’t know bout you, but this fella looks like he’s a few apples short of a bushel.” Applejack said gesturing to the Stallion, “Not saying ah don’t want him to, but he’s raisin’ a few red flags fer me.”

“There’s more I need to tell you about him, He doesn’t remember anything, and he’s blind, but for some reason he can....”

“Lights…” he was facing the two mares as he said it, “Lights.”

“Bad lights?” Fluttershy exclaimed, “More Timber Wolves!?”

“Didn’t you just say he was blind?”

“Good… Good lights.” He pointed to Applejack then Fluttershy and back. “I see good lights… good… smells so good.” He began trying to reach for an apple once more.

Applejack leered at the stallion, “What do ah look like, a firefly? Ah ain't no insect.” It was at that moment they heard a stomach growling. “You sound hungry.” Applejack said as she grabbed an apple off a branch. “Here,” then she tossed it.

When it hit the stallion, he yelped, “Stop … Help! No! Help! No, no, no, no…” He went into the fettle position and began muttering to himself.

“Applejack! He’s blind, remember!?” Fluttershy snapped.

“Ah’m Sorry, it was a force a habit. Ah’m not use ta tossin’ apples at blind ponies.”

“Well he is blind, and as you can see, he’s scared. When I found him, he didn’t even know where he was. You should have seen how he reacted when I first spoke to him! He was behaving like I was about to give him a beating!” Applejack looked at the whimpering Stallion.

“S… Scary… Scary light.” He said, “Your light turned s… Scary… Scary light…”

“Ah think Ah know what ya mean.” Applejack said, as she looked at the cowering pony and picked another apple. “Ah’m sorry, ah didn’t mean ta scare ya like that, Here hold out yer hoof.” He remained mostly in his balled-up form, but his nose was pointed towards the apple he was sniffing in the farm mares’ hoof. “Go on, eat up.” He slowly moved his hooves to grab the apple. He took one bite before practically shoving the rest down his throat.

“Whoa, Nelly! Chew! We don’t want ya ta choke!” but by the time she finished speaking, the apple was consumed core, seeds, and all. “looks like somepony fergot ta be fed this month.”

“More?” he pleaded.

“Here, here’s some more,” Fluttershy said, handing him four more apples.

The young stallion sniffed them, then his head perked up, “Bad light.”

“They’re back?”

“If ah remember right, you said that ‘bad lights’ meant Timber Wolves?”

“Bad… Big… Bad light big…” The stallion was pointing at the pieces of Timber Wolfs that were starting to come back together, “Big bad light.”

Fluttershy and Applejack stood there watching the growing pile of timber, Applejack spoke first, “Uh, ah think we should…”

“Go inside?”

“Yep.”

“Good idea, you carry him.”

“What! Why?”

“Because I carried him last time and I still haven’t fully recovered. I would lead him with my tail again, but he doesn’t look like he would be fast enough to keep up.” Fluttershy said strongly clarifying her reasons, “Don’t worry he’s not that heavy, and right now this isn’t up for debate, now let him ride you!”

“Alright, alright, Ah’ll carry him. Hop on.” Fluttershy gently led him as quick as she dared onto Applejack’s back. “Woo-wee! When’s the last time you ate? Yer lighter than an empty cider barrel.”

“Applejack!”

“Ah’m runnin, Ah’m runnin.” The two mares ran towards the house, leaving the super-sized Timber Wolf to howl, lose interest, then turn around and head back to the forest.


“Gone… Bad light’s gone… No more bad lights… Good… Smell… Smells so… so good.”

“You must be talkin’ bout the meal Granny Smith whipped up,” Now that they were out of danger, Applejack unloaded the stallion. Fluttershy placed her tail in the stallion hoof to be his guide, “yer in luck, this is a special occasion.”.

“Ooo, a Granny Smith special?” Hearing that made Fluttershy consider to stay a little longer than she originally planned, “I haven’t had one of those in a long time.”

“Yer welcome to a bite… if Big Mac an Apple Bloom haven’t eaten it all already.”

“Hungry… Smells good.”

“Ah’m sure we can find ya something ta eat there’s plenty a food fer guests.”

“Applejack, he still needs a place to stay tonight,” Fluttershy reminded her friend.

“Alright just for tonigh though, then we’ll figure something out tomorrow.” Applejack said in defeat as she opened the door to the farmhouse.

“Ah, come on!” Whined Apple Bloom, “If ya had taken ten more seconds, Big Mac and I would’ve had permission fer seconds. Hey there Fluttershy, who’s yer friend there?”

The two mares looked at each other for an answer, “Um, this is…”

“Good light,” he said, looking at Apple Bloom.

“Nice to meet ya Good Light. Ma names Apple Bloom, This here is Big Mac, Granny Smith, and you probably already know ma sister Applejack.” It was then the little filly noticed the condition of the stallion, “Say, you ain’t lookin’ too good. You alright?”

“Good… Good lights… No bad lights… Good… Safe… Smells good… so ho ho good… hungry.”

Big Mac looked at Applejack in a way that demanded an explanation but didn’t say anything. “What’s he going on about?” Apple bloom asked, “What’s all this talk about lights?”

“Ah believe Fluttershy was just about to tell me a little more about Good Light here, right?” Applejack said, passing the question over to the Pegasus.

“Oh, uh, right. But first let’s all sit at the table, and then I’ll tell you everything that happened.”

“Your light is big.” Good Light said, looking at Big Mac.

“Uh… yep?”

“Uh, because he’s a big pony?” said Apple Bloom skeptically, “That’s why he’s called Big Mac, and Granny Smith is over there.”

Good Light turned his head to the old mare. “Dim…Dim light,” He said, with a hint of sadness behind the words. He lifted a hoof to point, “Your light is dim… But tough.”

“Dim! You ain’t calln’ me stupid are ya!? I’m old, not deaf, and I’m sure as applesauce, ain’t stupid!” The Green mare rose from her spot only to have a loud crunch fill the room, “Gha! Darn hip replacement! Uh, wha was I just sayn’?”

Fluttershy’s, Applejack’s, and Big Mac’s pupils shrank as a grim look fell on their faces when they realized what he probably meant by ‘dim light’.

“Applejack what does he mean by dim light?”

“Ah’ll tell you when yer older.” The orange mare said, not wanting to answer her sisters’ question.

“How much older?”

“When yer older!”

“Ah’m ten seconds older then when ah asked, does that count?”

“Apple Bloom! You’ll know when yer older when yer older!”

“Alright, ah git it. But you’ve bin tellin’ me that fer years now, And ah’m starting to git tired of it. Can ah at least ask why Good Light is acting all strange like?”

Applejack opened her mouth to say no but stopped to think about it. “Later, but fer now why don’t ya set up the couch fer our guest. He’s… gonna be stayin’ here tonigh. Now, how bout we help ourselves to some Granny Smith… Hey, slow down! Yer gonna swallow somethin’ that ain’t food!”

“Little late fer that sis,” Apple Bloom said before pointing at Good Light, “looks like he already swallowed Granny’s favorite mixn’ spoon.” The ponies watched Good Light coughing as he choked down the wooden utensil, beating his chest with his hoof, then resumed eating like a wild beast as if it never transpired.

“Wha was that bout me dyin’ soon? Ain’t gonna happen ah tell ya!... Ain’t… Gonna… Happen.”