• Published 15th Jul 2019
  • 768 Views, 12 Comments

A Luce Stellarum - A Glimmer of Starlight - Ariel Schnee



Starlight, having a reeeeeally bad week, walks into an interdimensional bar.

  • ...
9
 12
 768

Chapter 01

It was a normal night at Night's. Xander was polishing the bar when the Closet suddenly pinged. He looked up as... something walked out.

Xander saw what came out, and then did a double take. And stared. It was pinkish. Sorta.

The 'something' looked at him. Then around the room. Then at him once again. It blinked. Then it, no... she, murmured to herself "This isn't the mop storage room. I keep getting lost. This castle is too big."

Then she looked at him and asked "Where am I?"

Xander smiled at her and said "You're in my bar. This is Night's. And I'm Xander."

She blinked, and then smiled. "This is a bar?" she asked in joy.

"Yeah." answered Xander. "Seems like you could use a drink."

"Oh could I ever!" she exclaimed in happiness. "With the week I've been having? Oh yes!"

"Tough week?" he asked.

"You have no idea." she said waving an... appendage at him.

Then she looked sad.

Xander looked at her, wondering why she was sad.

She saw his look. "I have no money." she explained.

Xander nodded. Then he said, "Something of a tradition. You tell a story, sometimes leave a small memento, and the drink's on the house."

She perked back up at that. "Oh have I got a story for you. Have I ever."

"Cool." said Xander. Then he looked at her. "I'm not sure how you'll get up on this stool though."

She just smirked, and flew up onto the stool.

"That works." said Xander, amazed at her abilities.

"Give me the strongest stuff you've got." she said.

"This stuff's pretty strong now." said Xander giving her a glass and bottle of Klingon Blood Wine.

She drank the glass, and her eyes went wide. She blinked. Then she smiled and said "Oh yeah! This is just what I need! Good stuff!"

She poured another glass from the bottle.

She then started telling her story. A story of a lonely childhood, except for one friend. A friend who had left her when he found his calling in life. How this had caused her much bitterness. How she grew up hating her people's 'magical destinies'. How she had been determined to find a way to remove them. How she did... horrible things to get rid of these 'destinies'. Of how she had been stopped by a band of heroes. Of how she had escaped into some caves, and then plotted her revenge. How she had torn time itself in an attempt to change history. How she had been stopped, and then offered a chance for redemption. Of how she had taken it. Of how her life had turned out better for taking that chance offered her. Of how she, and some others, had saved their kingdom from invasion. And of this last hectic week she had been having of working very hard. Of how she had had to deal with foreign diplomats. Diplomats who were arrogant male supremacists who thought that ordering her to get their coffee because she was female, talking down to her badly, and copping a feel were things that were their "male rights". How she was so close to just snapping and murdering the whole lot of them if she didn't get some stress relief.

"I hate the fucking damn Caribou!" she exclaimed drunkenly. "I hate their grabby lecherous guards! I hate their patriarchal, arrogant, condescending Ambassador Dainn!"

"You sound like you need some time off." said Xander. "I've got a spare room. You can stay here for awhile. While you unwind. No strings attached."

She looked thoughtful. "I'd like that." she finally said. "Yeah, I really would now."

"Come on." said Xander. "I'll show you to your room."

She nodded, and flew off the stool. Then she looked thoughtful. She levitated her hair clip into his hand.

"Here." she said. "For your wall."

Xander nodded and said "Thanks." He placed the hair clip on the wall.

"By the way." he said. "I never got your name."

"Oh." she said, as she drunkenly followed him up the stairs to her new room. "It's Starlight. Starlight Glimmer."

Comments ( 12 )

Well...okay then

Tbis should have been longer or perhaps a proper sequel...too good of an idea to be so short

She nodded, and flew off the stool. Then she looked thoughtful. She levitated her hair clip into his hand.

What hair clip?

9732586

What hair clip?

The cute one I gave her in this AU.

Good story.

9732414

Tbis should have been longer or perhaps a proper sequel...too good of an idea to be so short

Feel free to write more yourself then.

9732414

Hey, give me a break. This is the first story I've finished in twenty-something years now. Actually, it's the first story I've finished.

10067878
So you didn't realize that you already responded to me back in Sept.?...

Didn't want to offend you, was just saying to was a good ground

10068261

So you didn't realize that you already responded to me back in Sept.?...

Oops. I blame my very poor vision. And my malfunctioning glasses.

Didn't want to offend you, was just saying to was a good ground

Thanks!^_^

10107301

What does this have to do with the story I wrote about Starlight and Xander?

This is a cute little story! I can't imagine why it has 9 downvotes and only 6 (now 7) upvotes. Maybe the language? I don't mind bad language, if it works in the story.

I'm guessing that the caribou are anthro, since they have hands, yet Glimmy is a pony. It's funny that she wants to commit bloody murder, then drinks Klingon blood wine!

(I just reread the story, imagining the caribou as Klingons at Quark's bar, with Glimmy as Leeta. Makes me wish I could upvote it again.)

Login or register to comment