• Published 28th Jul 2019
  • 730 Views, 53 Comments

Post-Processing - Bookish Delight



After the Equestria Land parade fiasco damages her perfect social media image, Vignette Valencia is reminded that sometimes, you need to find your family.

  • ...
2
 53
 730

Scene 8: Vignette Valencia: The First Gofer (Pt. 3)

"Are you kidding, Uncle Canter?" the younger girl said, running and twirling around Vignette and their uncle. "Applewood. Is. Awesome! I'm in a movie wherever I go and it's the best!" She parked herself back in front of Canter, sticking out her tongue. "Took long enough for Daddy to bring me here."

"Well, this sure takes me back," Vignette chuckled.

"Heh heh. My brother's visiting from Canterlot City, and as you can see, he brought his daughter," Canter said. "She's been running around here all day. Juniper Montage, this is Vignette Valencia, your older cousin. You probably have a lot of questions since you haven't really met before—"

Juniper cut him off with a loud gasp, turning to Vignette with wide eyes and gaping mouth. "I know all about you!" she exclaimed, jumping up and down.

Vignette did a double-take. "Wait, you do? How?"

"Your videos!" Juniper said, miming all sorts of daring adventures using inventive hand and arm motions. "I saw you ride down Neighagra Falls just to get pictures of the Special Spectacle location shoot! And your tour of Manehattan was amazing, especially when you compared movie abandoned subway tunnel sets to real abandoned subway tunnels." Juniper spread her arms, quoting a line Vignette knew by heart. "'Vignette Valencia: afraid of nowhere, styling everywhere!'"

Vignette couldn't help but blush. She knew she had a mild following, but it wasn't as if she were some million-follower online celebrity or anything; just a movie industry fan-vlogger. Who knew she had more of a reach than she thought? Heck, who knew she had reach at all?

She knelt down, running her hand over Juniper's hair with a huge grin. "Well, look who's a superfan!" she said. "I never expected my viewerbase to skew so young, but if they all have your exquisite taste, I'm not complaining."

Juniper squealed, holding up balled fists. "Can... can we hang out together? You know, like friends?"

Vignette stood back up, putting her fingers to her chin in thought. "I don't know. I'd love to, but I also technically have a real job here. Unless Uncle C doesn't mind you tagging along whole I run back and forth fetching things for our crew."

"What, are you kidding?" Canter scoffed. "I'll finally know where she is for the first time since she got here. But yeah, good call—we're gonna need some refills." He handed Vignette a piece of paper filled with writing—orders for specially made caffeinated drinks. "Unlimited coffee on site, no one will drink it. I don't even know why we bother."

"We may as well just have the studio buy one of the specialty shops," Vignette chuckled.

"Believe me, I've pitched the idea, it's not completely out of the question." Canter rolled his eyes. "How fast can you get these back to us? Our lead actor will not go on set without his mocha."

"Leave it to me," Vignette said. "Come on, Juniper, follow me."

Juniper did so as Vignette walked towards the set's exit. "Where are we going?"

"Starcolts," Vignette said. "Just a few blocks down."

"The coffee shop?" Juniper made a face. "Blech."

"They serve smoothies too." Vignette looked over to Juniper, with an inviting smile. "I'll buy you one, hows that sound?"

Juniper brightened. "Will you talk about your awesome adventures, too?"

Vignette relished the warm feeling in her chest. She could get used to this. "Anything for a fan. But I'm afraid today's adventure is just being a gofer."

"Okay." Juniper shrugged. "But you, uh, don't really have the teeth for that. Yours are, like, perfect."

Vignette outright laughed. "Oh, you and I are going to get along just fine."