• Published 15th Jul 2019
  • 5,373 Views, 19 Comments

Trixie's Flares - BradyBunch



As a fan of Trixie's performances, you decide after her latest show to greet her personally and tell her what you think. In her little wagon, far away from other ponies, you and Trixie... connect.

  • ...
8
 19
 5,373

Stopping The Show

*creeeak*

Now, what should I eat tonight? Graham crackers with peanut butter again?... Why not? Hmm-mmm-mmm, ta da da, get the plate, the crackers, the peanut- Gah! Where'd you come from? The Great and Powerful Trixie is not accepting fans at this time!

Although I could spare a moment or two if you're that persistent to congratulate my grand performance tonight. Come in. Watch your head, the ceiling is low. And you're rather tall, so that might make it even worse.

Tell me, O wondrous fan, what's your name?

Really? Hm. Your name is different from others. They have an adjective and then a noun, and boom, that's their name. But you and I, we're different. Your name sounds just like mine. Oh, just an observation. Nothing serious to come out of it.

...How am I doing?! Tsh. I am doing fine. The Great and Powerful Trixie is always fine. Doubt is a word not found in her vocabulary. I doubt you'd find a moment I'm not confident!

...I just revoked myself. Clever. You're a tricky one. Or as the Great and Powerful Trixie likes to say, a Trix-y one. Please, hold your laughter!

… That's a subtle way of telling you to laugh!

There you go. Feel free to laugh at amusing moments, my… large audience. But please, hold your applause until the show is finished.

… I don't know what show, to be honest. My mind went straight to my scripts. Just forget it.

… I've seen you before. Every time I do a show in Ponyville, you're in the back row, watching me with eyes as sparkly as my fireworks. You stand out. Might be your height. Pssht.

...You really come to every single show of mine?

… That… that's nice. The Great and Powerful Trixie thanks you for your continuing support. She appreciates every little bit. It all counts when you live like this.

Yes! Yes, it does make the most sense when you're a traveling performer. Not all the hotels are five-star, let's say. But 'tis a small deal to the Great and Powerful Trixie. She's been in tougher spots before.

Uh, do I need to share them with you? No.

Oh! You were talking about the peanut butter crackers. In that case… the answer is still no. This is all I'm getting for dinner.

I wish I could! But money's slow right now. Nopony comes to my shows anymore. The audience used to be five times bigger. And the shows used to be three times as magnificent. Now, though, my options are limited.

Hey, don't feel sorry! Not everything in my life sucks. Every now and then, I stay at Starlight Glimmer's. She was the first real friend the Great and Powerful Trixie ever made. If you don't count Twilight Sparkle the show-stopper.

Ugh, listen to me. I'm eating peanut butter crackers in a tiny little cart, venting out hot air to a fan.

… Bwa ha ha ha ha ha! Venting? Hot air? Fans? Good one! I never knew I could be so clever that I gave all the right words for a plainly obvious joke.

...Say, you would make a fine assistant. I could use a person like you. Sawing somepony in half is much more obvious with someone like you, right?

Of course I'm right. I can't guarantee you the bits to make up for it, the more I think about it, but if you wanted to-

-Oh? You will? Excellent! I can see it in shining lights now: The Great and Powerful Duo: Trixie and the Human!

I… hoped you'd say yes.

You're unlike any other pony in Equestria. Not as unique as some ponies but hopefully you're still… enough to impress some of them.

Truth is… Times aren't their best right now. The Great and Powerful Trixie rarely feels nervous, but she is still a pony, and she does feel concerned for her present affairs. What if tomorrow I'm unable to eat? What if the ponies don't like my shows as much? What if the bits stop coming and I'm left with nothing but my friends to support me? Trixie is better than that! Trixie would not want to put the burden on her friends! Or to put off the image of herself as a moocher… unable to support herself… as weak. Useless. Faded from the minds of those around her. Her legacy as only a second-rate entertainer!

I… *sniff*...Things aren't looking good. Look at me. Look at this caravan! I'm down to my last few earnings!

… R-really?

Y-you aren't bluffing here, are you? Ponies in the past said I was good enough and they didn't mean it. How are you any-

*oomf*

-different… Hey, get off! I don't… need… hugs…

… but on second thought, they are starting to grow on me. I can't remember the last time anyone hugged me like this. It feels… great. And powerful.

… You really think my shows are stunning? Dazzling? I dunno, it's not that-

-I-I mean, of course they are. And you are a really good hugger.

What can I say? Everypony likes soft, warm hugs. And you are very soft. Maybe Trixie can find a double purpose for you. A show assistant and my personal pillow. A great magician needs a place to rest her head at night. Your chest might do the trick.

Shh, shh. It's already done.

Mmm… I can't remember the last time anyone did this for me. Not even my parents held me this close as far as I can remember. But gah, you're just so warm and soft. To think, the Great and Powerful Trixie would be reduced to a state like this, in the adoring arms of her strange hu-man friend…

Yes, I said friend. You're not nearly as close to me as Starlight, but with some work, maybe you can… hmm, move up the ranks… Who knows how far?

You know what a life like this might entail, though. You'd have to leave the old life behind in exchange for the one on the road. It might work out for the better with you in my acts. It also might not.

All I ask… is that you be there with me, no matter the journey.

Comments ( 19 )

I'd laugh, if Trixie actually had a spell that could turn a person into a body pillow for real.

This is really good! One of the best ones yet! :twilightsmile:

Feel free to laugh at amusing moments, my… large audience.

:rainbowhuh:

Did she just call us fat?

I like this one. Who’s next?

You know, it just occurred to me...this marks your 25th story!

9732434
No, large in quantity. Except it isn't.

That was my interpretation.

9734389
I thought she was referring to our height.

9735249
She is. That was the intended interpretation.

9736017
So, why diverge from the obvious interpretation?

So...

I just read this story after how much you’ve been begging me to read these stories in the past, and...honestly, I pretty much find myself thinking what I think of every second person story I read.

Second person fics have often been hard for me to really get or understand, and like so many others of the category, I found myself having a hard time enjoying it because of the confusing narrative and the way the story’s made.

I’m sorry if this comment seems too harsh or anything like that, especially after all this time of waiting for my reaction to a member of your SP series.

9932284
Ah, well, taste varies. No biggie. I'm more excited to see what you think of A Rather Large Adventure.

I had tto get used to the way the story is told, just 'hearing' nothing but in the inner dialogue ( or should i say monologue). But in the end, very enjoyable

10493101
That's okay. It's very unorthodox in nature.

This style is great and I’ve just been zooming through each one. You need a master list or something.

Here's the reading of the Trixie one! XD I loved voicing Trixie in this one! It's for my friend ThunderSpeakVA's birthday! Youtube Reading

11022584
Oh, my gosh! You did it again? I'm flattered! Thank you so much!

Login or register to comment