• Published 12th Aug 2019
  • 2,255 Views, 92 Comments

Kamen Rider Unicorn The Movie: Memories of Friendship - Michael_Ravencroft



What defines frienship? Is it the Memories we make? Or the Feelings that are etched into our hearts? That is the question Sunset wil have to answer if she can survie in this crazy new reality.

  • ...
6
 92
 2,255

New Beginnings

One week after the battle between Unicorn and Memoria, things were getting mildly back to normal for Sunset. Her friends, indeed, the majority of Canterlot High School, professed their deepest apologies to Sunset, for treating her like the person she used to be. These apologies were doubled from her friends, which she had to remind them several times to stop, and of course they didn’t listen, which then led to them absolutely showering Sunset with friendship affection for the whole weekend.

Out of all of them, Twilight was the most emotionally wrecked due to the ordeal, still angry at herself for forgetting their special bond of love. Sunset constantly reminded her that their bond was still there, if not for that bond, Twilight would have never thought to have looked into the Memories of the Earth and see the truth with her own eyes. And if not for that bond, Twilight would have never had kissed Sunset in her room so suddenly.

The chase that occurred in CHS when the girls confronted Wallflower was not forgotten, and some had assumed that she was the cause of the memory loss. There was no need to hide it, but neither was there a need to reveal everything. So, yes, they told the story of Wallflower being tricked by a dark entity that resided in a magical relic, and that the entity twisted Wallflower into believing that Sunset was her enemy, as well as making Unicorn appear as the villain.

Thankfully the whole school bought the half-truth, not that it was hard to spin that seeing as to how many times that has happened in the past. However, Wallflower had yet to forgive herself. The young teen had retreated to her little grove, sitting in the center among her flowers as she cried. For a brief moment she thought to stop her bawling when she heard the brush rustle and snapping twigs, but Wallflower quickly dismissed it, nobody knew about this spot, so there’s no chance that it was another person. Wallflower placed her head against her knees as she hugged her legs close to her.

“Figured you’d be out here.”

Wallflower’s head shot up and snapped quickly to the familiar voice. There, standing with her hands in her skirt pockets, was Sunset Shimmer, a sad smile was upon her face as she looked down at Wallflower, who stared back at Sunset with wide shocked eyes.

“W-Wha-Wha-How did you find this place?!” Wallflower asked.

“When we separated you from Memoria, I used the Empathy Memory, which allows me to feel and see the memories of others. The Unicorn Memory sometimes channels that Memory’s power, but essentially, I went into the Stone, your mind, and I saw this place. And combined with the background you have on your computer; it was easy enough to find.”

Wallflower turned away from Sunset, the guilt and shame of her actions forbade her from looking upon the one she had wronged. “If you’re here to tell me off, to yell or…anything else, then go ahead, I deserve whatever punishment you want to give me.”

Sunset chuckled as she walked closer to Wallflower. “I’m not typically into BDSM, but I’d be willing to give it a shot if you’re offering?”

Wallflower’s head shot back up as a bright red blush covered her face. “I-I-I-I-I wasn’t suggesting anything like that! I mean – you – me – you’re with and–!” A stray finger pressed against the rambling girl’s lips to silence her.

Sunset smiled and said, “I’m joking, Wallflower. And no, I’m not here to punish you. You’re punishing yourself enough.”

“Then, why are you here?” Wallflower asked, genuinely curious.

“Because I want you to stop punishing yourself,” said Sunset.

Wallflower turned her gaze towards the flower bed. “How can I? After everything I’ve done, in the name of revenge! I hurt you worse than anyone could ever hurt me…why would you want to be anywhere near me?”

Sunset sighed, she then reached out and wrapped her left arm around Wallflower’s shoulders, bringing the shy girl close to her, and eliciting a small “eep!” of surprise from the sudden embrace. “There was a time not too long ago when I was asking myself that same question. Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash, those five have been friends for a long time, and in less than a couple of months, I shattered that friendship for a whole year until Princess Twilight came along. They didn’t have to forgive me, or let me into their group, even if Princess Twilight asked them to, they were well within their right to shun me. And believe me, it wasn’t easy to start. But we eventually got over the awkwardness, and the hate.”

Wallflower looked up at Sunset with a bit of hope. “H-How did you manage that?”

“I was just honest with them. I didn’t want to be that person anymore; I didn’t want to be alone. So, I made the effort, I joined them in their activities, I laughed with them, cried with them, and eventually, they accepted me, even though everyone else was still weary around me, they were my bedrock. They can be that for you too, same as me.”

A small smile formed on Wallflowers lips, she even allowed herself to enjoy the embrace.

“Now, be honest with me. What Memoria said, well, what she was about to say, was it true?” Sunset asked.

Wallflower’s face was still red, but she managed to nod her head in a silent affirmative.

“I see, guess that just adds a whole other level of anxiety and such, huh?” Sunset asked.

“It did…still does…I mean…I…hated you, but…at the same time, I couldn’t stop thinking about you. Some twisted part of me believed that if I could get you to acknowledge me, that…maybe I’d matter, and that…maybe I’d matter to you,” said Wallflower.

Sunset sighed heavily as she patted Wallflower’s head. “Maybe things would’ve turned out differently, maybe I’d be dating you instead of Twi. I’m not going to lie; you are really cute.”

Wallflower’s blush deepened. “T-Thank you. But I know you love Twilight. And, I’d be kidding myself if you two didn’t make an adorable couple.”

Now it was Sunset’s turn to blush. “Thanks, and don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll find another girl who can show you how wonderful you are. But, if you don’t mind, will you settle for a friend who cares about you?”

Fresh tears began to flow from Wallflower’s eyes as she started to shake, she then buried her face in Sunset’s chest as she began to sob again, but this wasn’t like the times before. Wallflower felt a sense of relief from this act, even more so when Sunset embraced her, comforting her new friend through this pain. “I’m sorry…I’m so sorry…!”

“Shh, shh, it’s alright,” Sunset cooed.

“I don’t hate you…I did, but…I don’t anymore and…I’m sorry!” Wallflower cried.

“It’s fine, if there’s anyone here who believes in second chances, I’m one among seven. So, c’mon, dry your eyes.” Wallflower let out the last of her crying and rose up, using the sleeves of her sweater to wipe away her tears. “How about we start over, I know we may not have that much more time left since graduation’s right around the corner. But, if you want, we can try and do as much as we can, if you want?”

“Y-You’d be okay with that?” Wallflower asked hopeful.

“Of course, just try not to cop a feel or Twilight might deck you,” said Sunset.

The shy girl blushed yet again. “I’m starting to get the feeling that you’re a closet pervert.”

“Oh, I’m way out of the closet when it comes to that. Just one of the many things you’re going to learn about me, Wallflower,” said Sunset with a chuckle.

Both girls shared a laugh as the prospect of becoming friends lightened Wallflower’s heart and her soul. It would be a while before she was fully healed and come to terms with what she did, but Wallflower felt that Sunset and her friends were the experts in healing those who were touched by darkness and seeking the light.

“Well, what do you want to do then?” Wallflower asked.

“Well, what do you want to do? Part of being a friend is sharing in their interests, and I gotta say, your interests,” Sunset waved her hand to indicate the blooming flowers around them, “are beautiful.”

“O-Okay, in that case, I could use some help with the watering, it can kind of be a hassle when it’s just me, but…”

Sunset stood up and offered her hand to Wallflower. “Show me the way, Wallflower.”

“SUNSET SHIMMER!”

Just then, the shrill voice of Trixie Lulamoon echoed through the woods, and from the brush appeared CHS’s resident magician. The silver haired girl approached Sunset and Wallflower and narrowed her gaze at the former. “There you are! Oh, hi Wallflower. How do you explain this?!”

Trixie opened the finished yearbook, and inside was the poster that Trixie had made of herself, showing the Superlative for “Greatest and Most Powerfullest”. Sunset gave Wallflower a knowing look and shot one back at Trixie.

“I figured Canterlot High should recognize the talents of the greatest magician around,” said Sunset as she crossed her arms.

Trixie smiled happily as she closed the book. “So, what’s going on here?”

“Well, Wallflower and I were going to water the plants.”

“Hmmm, okay, I’m in, anything else needs doing?” Trixie asked.

“SUNSET!!?” yelled a raspy voice.

Yet another person found Wallflower’s secret garden, and it just so happened to be Rainbow Dash, also carrying a yearbook. “What the heck?! You had one job, and that was not – I repeat – NOT to put us next to Bulk Biceps in the yearbook! Now it looks like all of us are kissing him!”

“I don’t hear Fluttershy complaining,” Trixie commented.

“Damn right she’s not,” Sunset added.

Rainbow Dash made a few noises like she was going to protest, but the just sighed in defeat. “So, what’re you guys doing?”

“We were about to help Wallflower with the garden,” said Sunset.

“Cool, mind if I help too?”

Wallflower blinked. “You want to help me?”

“Yeah, looks like a lot work for one person, but ya know, it’s better when you got friends helping out,’ said Rainbow Dash.

Sunset looked down at Wallflower and smiled.

***________________<U>________________***

THREE WEEKS LATER

It was a Saturday night, and CHS was closed. The hour was midnight, and not a soul was around, save for three women standing next to the Wondercolt statue. Starlight Glimmer had a backpack full of mementos, at least those she was able to save and ones that were impounded by CCPD after the whole Gaia Impact Incident. A lot of Starlight’s belongs were put away as evidence to look at later, and thankfully, Shining Armor was able to get some of them out, that is after checking and double checking to make sure that they weren’t booby trapped or contained something of a diabolical nature. But they weren’t. They were mostly an old photo album, some trinkets from when she was a child, and an MP3 player with preloaded songs onto it.

“You sure we can’t talk you out of this?” Sunset asked.

“My mind’s made up, Sunset, Twilight, and honestly, this is the only other option,” said Starlight.

“But, leaving Earth to stay in Equestria…that seems a bit drastic, don’t you think?” Twilight asked.

Starlight ruffled Twilight’s hair as she said, “I’ve done too many bad things in the pursuit of trying to save the world, and in so doing I almost ended it instead. I could pretend that I still don’t have any memories of what happened, but it won’t be long before the doctors figure I’m faking it. And honestly, I need to be away from here, where I’m not tempted to access the Earth’s Memories at all, and the best way to do that is to go to someplace where I have no access to that knowledge and begin to reform myself. My other self managed to find her way studying under Princess Twilight, and maybe I can do the same. I mean, it’s a land of magic, talking ponies, and mythological creatures, anything’s possible right?”

Sunset sighed heavily in defeat, but she did manage a smile. “You’re right. Just remember the rules, I did tell Princess Twilight everything that happened, including what just happened with Memoria and how you were instrumental in defeating her. So, you’ll be fitted with magic dampening ring upon arrival, you’ll only be able to levitate, and it’ll be enchanted so that only Princess Twilight or another member of high royalty can remove it. After a probation period, you’ll have the ring taken off and afterwards, Princess Twilight and pony Starlight have agreed to teach you magic.”

“I’m surprised that’s all they’re going to do to me, honestly I was expecting to be thrown in a dungeon for what I’ve done,” said Starlight.

“From what Sunset’s told me, the only other beings she’s encountered who give second chances, are us, and the pony versions of us, so, you’ll be in good hands – er – hooves, I mean.” Twilight corrected.

Starlight rubbed the back of her head as she looked at the cold marble surface. “I’m really going to have to apologize to pony me, I messed up any chances of her ever coming back to see you guys. There’s going to be a manhunt for me soon, and if she comes here, they’ll arrest her on the spot.”

Twilight cleared her throat and said, “Well, you do look older when compared to pony Starlight, and there is a height difference. Plus, I’m sure there are those who would be willing to perpetuate the lie that you have a younger sister who mysteriously looks exactly like you.”

Just then, the surface of the portal rippled like water, the gateway was opened. Starlight faced the two girls and gave them both a hug. “Thank you, I’m sure you both have mixed feelings about me, but I just want you to know, I was really happy having you as my friends.”

Both Sunset and Twilight smiled and hugged her back.

“You gave me a great gift, Starlight, I now exist in this world, and can have a life with the one I love,” said Sunset.

“Despite everything that has happened, it’s because of you I’ve become a stronger person, and I also have to thank you for giving Sunset that gift,” said Twilight.

“So, it’s true, you’re really leaving, huh?”

All three girls parted and turned around to see Night Glider, Party Favor, Sugar Belle, and Double Diamond standing there.

“You guys…” Starlight whispered.

“You weren’t even going to attempt to say goodbye to us at least?” Night Glider asked in an offended tone.

“I…I didn’t think it was wise to contact you guys…plus, after everything, I thought you wouldn’t want anything to do with me anymore…”

Night Glider stomped towards Starlight and grabbed her jacket and looked the genius in the eyes. “That’s not your decision to make! Even though you were kind of a bitch here and there, I thought we were friends, right?! Or were we just deluding ourselves?!”

Starlight’s eyes widened. “You…You still consider me a friend…?”

“We may’ve thought that you were maybe going overboard, but that doesn’t mean we still didn’t care about you,” said Party Favor.

“And, to be honest, if we were any real friends, we would’ve spoken up a long time ago, maybe we could’ve avoided all this,” said Sugar Belle.

Double Diamond sighed. “Well, regardless, we can’t change the past. But, just know, that we never abandoned you, I mean, we did come and visit you when you lost your memories. If we truly resented you, or whatever you thought, do you think we’d go out of our way to come and see you.”

Starlight’s eyes began to tear up as Night Glider’s grip loosened. Night Glider wrapped her arms around Starlight and brought her into a hug. “Thank you, for giving me chance to be something other than just a gangbanger.”

Night Glider released Starlight, and after, Party Favor and Sugar Belle walked up and hugged her at the same time.

“Thank you for believing in us when we almost didn’t believe in ourselves,” said the two unison.

The two released Starlight, and Double Diamond was the last to give her a hug. “And thank you, for having my back.”

Starlight felt fresh tears begin to fall from her eyes, seeing the sad and smiling faces of her…her friends.

“Don’t be a stranger, give us a heads up if you’re coming to visit. You know how to reach us,” said Sunset.

Starlight nodded happily. She turned to face the marble statue, and before she took the plunge, glanced over her shoulder one final time, burning the image of these friends before her. But, whether by a trick of the mind or residual magic, Starlight saw the images of the rest of the girls, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and…

Sunburst……!

Indeed, the phantasmal image of her long dead friend was amongst them, his face smiling and nodding to his old friend. A wide smile spread across Starlight’s face as she said, “Goodbye, my friends.” Starlight stepped through the portal, and not soon after, the surface ceased rippling, and became solid once again.

***________________<U>________________***

THREE MONTHS LATER…

The portal to Equestria rippled as a being stepped through it. The being in this case was a woman, she was the spitting image of Principal Celestia, although, her proportions were a little more filled out than her Earthly counterpart. Greeting the Princess of Equestria was Sunset Shimmer, dressed in her graduation robes, along with Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna. The Sun Princess was dressed in a Romanesque garb, a white dress with golden rope tied around her slim waist, sun emblem broaches held the dress in place around her shoulders, while her feet were wrapped in golden heeled shoes that wrapped around the lower half of her legs. Now, Principal Celestia was already a tall woman, but standing before the goddess pony version of herself, she could see that this one had a few more inches on her, even without the heels she’d still be able to look over her head.

“Mom! You made it!” Sunset exclaimed as she went to hug her adopted mother.

“Sunset!” Princess Celestia called out as she held her arms out and hugged her adopted daughter close. “I’m so glad to be here for this day!”

“Me too!”

Luna stood next to her older sister with a smartalackey smirk about her. Prompting human Celestia to ask, “What is it Luna?”

“Oh nothing, just noticing that the pony version of you, even in human form, is more, ahem, ‘stacked’ than you are big sister,” said Luna.

“I am not comparing myself to her, I mean, she’s a thousand plus year old sun goddess for heaven’s sake!” Celestia picked up on another disturbing part of that observation. “And why are even focusing on something like that?!”

Luna hadn’t lost that look on her face as her eyes narrowed at her big sister. “Well, Tia, I might just ask out the Sun Goddess there to a date.”

LUNA SOLTARE! I can’t believe you’d say such a thing! She’s – She’s ME!” Celestia whispered harshly.

Luna clicked her tongue as she wagged her finger back and forth. “Tsk, tsk, Tia, even I can tell the difference between you and the other you. She gives off this goddess-like radiance that anyone would have to be a fool not to notice. So, essentially, not incest, since she’s not really you anyway.”

Celestia ran her hands through her hair as she groaned in frustration. “You – I just – UGH! – How would you like it if I went out with your Princess counterpart?!”

“LOOK OUT!”

Just then, the portal rippled again, and from the portal another tall woman stumbled out. She continued to stumble forward until Celestia hurried to catch her, which only ended up with the both of them falling atop each other. Celestia groaned as did the woman she saved from a nasty fall.

“My thanks for your help. Twilight Sparkle did warn us about that ‘first step’, she failed to explain how jarring it was. Are you hurt?”

“No, I’m just fi…ne…” When Celestia looked up, she found herself staring up into a pair of beautiful teal colored eyes. This woman was dressed in a similar fashion as Princess Celestia, but her dress was a deep navy-blue, with sparkling glitter that imitated the starry night sky. This woman resembled her younger sister Luna, but at the same time was not Luna. This Luna radiated a brilliance all her own, like the night was given physical form, just like her pony counterpart had a radiance, like the day personified. “Oh…um…L-Luna?”

“Yes, how did you – Oh, my apologies, I almost didn’t recognize you. You must be the human counterpart of my elder sister. Strange, you are more stunning than Twilight Sparkle’s description of you,” said Princess Luna.

Soon another ripple appeared, and Princess Twilight Sparkle appeared, her entry was a lot more well-coordinated, seeing as how this wasn’t her first trip through the dimensional divide. “Hey, everyone! I…um…did I miss something?”

Sunset’s face was blushing hard as she watched everything take place, Princess Celestia was talking to Luna, and seemingly flirting with her. Princess Luna was talking with Celestia, the fair skinned woman was blushing as the conversed. Twilight looked upon this and asked, “What is going on?”

“Interdimensional incest…that’s what’s happening right now…and I am witnessing it firsthand,” said Sunset in a mortified tone.

“Oh…” Princess Twilight patted Sunset on her shoulder. “I-It’s okay…I-I’m sure this won’t lead to anything. Probably…”

“Thanks, your words bring me such comfort. AHEM!” Sunset cleared her throat loudly, gaining the attention of the older women. “Sooooooo, hate to break up the meet-and-greet, but there is a graduation ceremony that we need to attend!”

The principals suddenly snapped out of their infatuation and regained their normal composure.

“Yes, of course, we should get going!” Luna stated.

“Yes, right away, we need to check on the band preparations, the diplomas, a few other things!” Celestia added.

Both women briskly walked away and left Sunset, Twilight, and the two goddesses behind.

“Your Earthly double is quite fetching, Sister,” said Luna.

“And, yours is rather cute,” said Celestia.

Sunset faced palmed herself, dragging said palm down her face and praying to the almighty Faust that this was not going to develop any further than this. Suddenly, the portal rippled again and out popped another Equestrian. The next to appear was a young man, he wore black dress pants, and a teal colored shirt. The young man adjusted his glasses, but then yelped upon seeing his body.

“Just breathe, Sunburst,” said Sunset.

“Y-Yeah, breathing, so…t-this is a human body…it’s quite strange,” said Sunburst.

Sunset chuckled, “It takes some getting used to, but it has its perks. Is Mom coming?”

Sunburst turned around and looked at the portal. “She was standing right behind me…I know she was a little nervous about going through it, but…”

Sunset and Princess Twilight were a little worried, Stellar Flare hadn’t experienced all the crazy adventures like the younger ponies have, and so might be hesitant to cross over into a different dimension.

“Maybe I should go and check on her?” Twilight suggested.

Before Twilight could do just that, the portal rippled again, and from it appeared an older woman, stumbling forward until Sunset caught her. She wore blue-green business suit, with gold earrings. The older woman had her eyes shut but slowly opened them and looked upon the person before her. She recognized the person before her as her daughter, Sunset Shimmer, but body she was in was unknown to her.

“Sunset, is that…is that really you?” Stellar asked.

“It is me, Mom. And this is you.”

Stellar looked upon herself, realizing she was standing on two legs. She wore white gloves on her hands, and string of pearls around her neck. Stellar went to touch her face but missed when she realized her muzzle had shrunk. Her hooves – hands – wandered to her forehead and she gasped in horror.

“MY HORN IS GONE!” Stellar’s eyes were then drawn to Sunset’s forehead. “HONEY, YOU DON’T HAVE A HORN EITHER!” Stellar looked to Twilight, Sunburst, and the Princesses. “NONE OF US HAVE HORNS!”

“Mother, Sunset did say that ‘hu-mans’ don’t have horns, or wings, and that we wouldn’t have access to our magic here,” Sunburst explained.

Stellar Flare continued to examine her body as she said, “W-Well of course I remember that! But it’s another thing when you actually have it happen!” The older woman’s hands then rested on her chest, and her face blushed. “A-A-And why are these up here?! And why are they so big?! For that matter, why are yours big as well?! Are we pregnant?!”

“Yes, I was going to ask about that, Sunset. These don’t normally get this large unless a mare’s close to giving birth to a foal, but I don’t feel as if I am with foal,” said Princess Celestia.

“I too would like to know, if the portal has done something to our bodies to make us carry, I think that should have been something that you should have warned us about,” Luna added.

Sunset’s face turned even redder. She couldn’t exactly blame them for asking such questions as she too once believed the exact same thing until she read a biology book. What was going to make this even more awkward was that her little brother was going to be standing there while she explained female human anatomy.

Princess Twilight walked up to her friend and patter her on the back. “There, there, I’ll help you in the explanation.”

“Thanks…”

***________________<U>________________***

Thanks to a little magical assistance from Unicorn, the football field was returned to its original location and repaired to the point that you couldn’t tell it was ground zero for an epic final battle. The grounds were littered with students and their families, all of which were excited and a little anxious for their graduation day.

“AJ!”

The young apple farmer turned around and smiled as she saw someone she hadn’t expected to see. “RARA!” Indeed, the famous songstress had returned as she ran up to Applejack and embraced her childhood friend. “Ah didn’t know you were comin’?”

“Did you honestly think I was going to miss my best friend/former crush’s graduation?” Rara asked.

Applejack raised an eyebrow at that. “Wait, ‘former’?”

“Yep, honey, you can show yourself now!” Rara called.

The crowd began to part as a young woman strode towards the two friends. She was in a beautiful black dress, with gold accents on it. Her skin was a warm cream color, her hair was two colors, one side, the right, was black, and the other, the left, was gold, she also wore a large pink bow clipped to her hair in the back. Her feathery bangs covered her eyes, leaving only her nose and mouth visible, but you didn’t need more than that to know who she was.

“Ah, so you’re the cowgirl Rara’s goes on about,” said the woman.

“Sara, stop it,” hissed Rara in embarrassment as her face turned red.

“Y-You’re…You’re…”

The young woman held out her hand to Applejack and said, “Songbird Serenade. But my friends and girlfriend just call me Sara.” Applejack seemed to snap out of her starstruck state and shook the singer’s hand. Songbird got closer to Applejack parting her bangs slightly to reveal one of her midnight blue eyes. She then smiled as she pulled back and released Applejack’s hand. “Well, well, well, now I know why Rara had the hots for you, you’re definitely hot AJ.”

Applejack’s face turned as red as one of her apples from hearing the compliment. Rara came to her rescue. “Babe, AJ doesn’t swing that way.”

“Shame, but,” Songbird whispered low, “you’re missing out.” Songbird smiled and began walking away as she said, “I’ll save you a seat Babe!”

Applejack took off her hat and began fanning herself. “Land sakes, Rara, where’d find that gal?!”

“She likes you,” Rara chuckled.

“Ah can see that, and Ah’m pretty sure in which way she likes me,” said Applejack.

Rara shook her head. “She’s normally reserved in public, Sara only acts like that around people she considers friends, and well, girlfriends.”

Applejack looked at Rara smirked when she saw a smile on her face from watching Songbird walk away. “Yeah really like her?”

“Yeah,” said Rara happily.

“She treat ya right?”

Definitely.

“Then Ah’m happy for ya.”

Rara turned to her childhood friend and embraced her once again. “Thanks, AJ.”

***________________<U>________________***

[Oh Rarity, I wish we didn’t go to separate schools, I wanted to walk together,] said Sunny Flare.

“I know, love, but tis our fate, but~” Rarity sang, “we’ll have plenty of time to catch up at the after party.”

*KA-BOOM!*

*KA-BOOM!*

[Rarity what was that?! Is it another Dopant attack?!]

Rarity sighed as she saw the truckload of confetti being rained down on the entire assembly. “Oh no, that was Pinkie Pie setting off her Party Cannons. No attacks if you don’t count Pinkie Pie Party Attacks. Looks like we’ll be starting soon, ta-ta my love!”

***________________<U>________________***

“Oh, our little Rainbow’s going to rock this graduation!” Windy Whistles announced.

“Mom, there’s nothing to win, I just walk, get my diploma, sit back down and throw my hat into the air, and go party with my friends later,” said Rainbow.

“Doesn’t mean we’re not going to be cheering you on every step of the way!” Bow Hothoof stated.

Rainbow Dash sighed heavily, but Gilda came up behind her and patted her girlfriend on the back. “Just accept it, Babe, couldn’t get them to stop then, won’t stop ‘em now.”

“Yeah, guess you’re right, and thanks for coming G. I mean…I know you probably wanted to do this for real with me and all,” said Rainbow.

Gilda shrugged. “It’s my own fault, but I talked to Principal Celestia, she said I could get my GED, and that she’d help me with that. Not to mention Gabby’s going to be coming to this school soon, gotta show ‘er that her ‘big sis’ ain’t a dummy.”

Rainbow turned around and kissed Gilda on the lips. “You’re anything but dumb, and don’t let anyone tell you different. And if they do, I’ll knock them into next week!”

“That’s if I don’t do it first.”

Windy and Bow just “d’awwwed” at their daughter and her girlfriend. Gilda was a bit rough around the edges, but the girl was loyal, and really trying to become a better person for Rainbow and for Gabrielle, and that was something they could both respect and love.

***________________<U>________________***

Twilight Velvet was currently smothering her daughter in kisses and hugs and crying as she held her girl close.

“Okay Mom, now please, we’re going to be meeting Sunset’s parents!” Twilight stated.

“Oh, c’mon honey, it’ll be fine, they’re probably gushing over Sunset just as much as we are over you, just like any normal parents would,” said Night Light.

Shining Armor chuckled, “Heh, ‘normal’, he says.”

“Shiny,” Twilight warned, but her attention was torn when she noticed Sunset approaching. “Oh, here they come!”

Night Light and Velvet turned in the direction Twilight was pointing, and they couldn’t believe their eyes. At first, they thought it was Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna, but they were sure it wasn’t them. These two women were radiant on a different level, like one would see art of ancient goddesses. They were flanked by two others, one was a woman in a blue-green suit and skirt, her complexion was orange rusty colored hair, and next to her was a young man who one could easily see the resemblance in Sunset. And next to the two goddess women was, well, there daughter.

In the past few months leading up to the graduation, Sunset Shimmer had come clean to her girlfriend’s family about who and what she was, and where it was she came from. At first, they didn’t quite believe her, at least not until they introduced them to their daughter’s royal pony counterpart. Needless to say, that was a long conversation, but in the end, like Twilight and Sunset had hoped, they still accepted Sunset as she was, and the fact that she made their daughter happy was pretty much all that mattered to them. Even though Sunset was a magical unicorn from another world. It was going to happen eventually, so they decided to rip the band aid off.

“T-This is going to take some g-getting used to,” said Stellar Flare as she wobbled about.

“S-Same here. I-I have no idea how you and Starlight moved around so easily in this body,” said Sunburst.

Sunset chuckled at her sibling and biological mother’s awkward adjusting to their human bodies. “I know, but I’ve had a few years to get used to this form, and Starlight’s a prodigy like me and Twilight.”

Stellar Flare wobbled again and nearly face planted, that is until Princess Celestia reached out and saved the older mare from a fall. “Thank you, Princess Celestia, I don’t see how you adapted so fast.”

“Trust us, we’re still getting accustomed to this form, we just make it look easy, I nearly fell a few times on the way here,” said Princess Celestia.

The group finally made it to Twilight’ (Sci-Twi’s) family, and the two parents, and Shining Armor, were speechless. Twilight and Sunset looked at their respective parents noticing an awkward tension building.

“Ahem, Mr. Night Light, Mrs. Twilight Velvet, I’d like you to meet my family. My adoptive Mother, and Diarch of Equestria, Princess Celestia.” Princess Celestia waved to Night Light and Velvet. “My Aunt, and the Diarch of Equestria, Princess Luna.” Princess Luna gave a slight bow. “My biological Mother, Stellar Flare.”

“Pleasure to meet you,” said Stellar.

“And my little brother, Sunburst,” Sunset finished.

“Hi there,” Sunburst greeted.

Shining looked confused. “Wait, ‘little brother’? He’s the same age as me, how’s he you’re little brother?”

Sunset made a few sounds as she said, “Eeeh, well, it’s kind of complicated and involves time-space, the different flows of time between Equestria and Earth, and it’s complicated. But trust me, I’m the big sister.”

Stellar stepped forward and nodded her head. “I can confirm that, she is indeed my eldest child.”

Celestia cleared her throat as she too stepped forward. “I understand that this a bit strange, seeing the woman who is a school instructor in your world as a member of royalty. But do not think that of us, today we are parents, status means nothing. And besides, I also have to thank you.” Princess Celestia bowed to Night Light and Velvet, surprising them both. “Thank you for accepting my – our – daughter. Truly, when I learned that you were informed about her otherworldly origins, I feared that you would forbid her courtship of Twilight Sparkle. But I am glad you have judged on her character rather than what she is.”

Stellar Flare walked up beside Princess Celestia and bowed as well, making the parents of human Twilight gasp again. “I am in complete agreement with the Princess, if there’s one thing I only wish of my children it’s that they are happy. I admit that I became a bit too pushy in my efforts with Sunburst and have since learned to ‘back off’ a bit. But when Sunset came back into my life, and told me of her life on this side, I was worried, but after seeing your daughter, and hearing all about her from Sunset. I can’t tell you how happy we are.”

Night and Velvet looked to each other and then back to the two women and smiled.

“Please, you don’t have to bow, like you said, we’re all parents here,” said Night Light.

“Aaaaand, maybe someday In-Laws,” said Velvet. “And with grandchildren.”

“Oh yes, please!” Celestia and Stellar exclaimed.

“Mooooom!” Twilight and Sunset whined.

***________________<U>________________***

All the students and family members were directed towards their respective areas. The teachers had assembled on the stage, some of which looked a bit sad that this senior class was leaving, indeed, this senior class had shown the most growth over the past four years, and it was no surprise as to who was responsible for that change. The group of seven magical girls, a former bully, a shy animal lover, a fashionista, a sports girl, a farm girl, and a party girl, these seven had brought forth the best of CHS, embodying what it is to be a Canterlot Wondercolt. Some speculated that when they left, there would be no one to step up and things would steadily decline, but there were also those who were hopeful that there would be students that would take up the mantle and keep the torch of friendship burning in their school well into the future, passing it onto to the next class after them, and the class after that.

Once everything was in place, Principal Celestia walked up to the podium and spoke into the microphone. “Welcome one and all, families and friends, to the Graduation of the Canterlot High School Senior Class of 20XX. We’ve had some interesting events happen at our school in the past few years, some would say fantastical – magical even, but in my opinion, I believe our students have been made stronger for it. Now, I’d like to introduce this year’s Valedictorian, Miss Twilight Sparkle, and the Salutatorian, Miss Sunset Shimmer.”

The crowds cheered and clapped as Twilight Sparkle ascended the stage and made her way to the podium. The young woman adjusted her glasses as she looked into the vast sea of young faces and families, normally such a thing would make her a nervous wreck, but all she needed to do was look down and see Sunset Shimmer’s confident smile to banish those fears away. And, you know, they have faced world ending events that were way more nerve wracking and stress inducing than this moment.

“Hello to all my fellow graduating seniors. My time here at CHS wasn’t as long as all of yours, but it was no less fulfilling. When I used to go to Crystal Prep Academy, I felt alone. Sure, I excelled, and I honestly felt that I wasn’t missing out on anything. But, on the day of the Friendship Games, I met six girls who changed my perspective on life, and one who has forever made me the happiest person on Earth.”

A string of “d’awwwws” could be heard echoing through the students and families.

“We go into this world, not as children anymore, but as adults, looking to make it a better place. We have seen many things in our past few years in high school, world ending events, superheroes, and monsters. Some of which took place here at our school, but through it all, it was the bonds of friendship, our bonds of unity and love, and compassion that allowed us to overcome the hardships of those times. And while not every problem can be easily fixed by a magical rainbow beam, it doesn’t mean our efforts are any less significant. We must go into the future, with eyes wide open, and hearts full. We must strive to be the best of ourselves, and to never forget the lessons we’ve learned here in these halls. Whether from our teachers, or our friends. These lessons will help us through whatever life may throw at us, because we are Canterlot Wondercolts, united together, forever!”

The senior class and attending families rose from their seats as they gave Twilight a standing ovation for her speech. Twilight bowed to her class and walked down from the podium, she then proceeded to hug Sunset before wishing her luck. Sunset Shimmer mimicked her girlfriend’s movements from earlier, moving up the stairs and standing before the podium with a piece of paper laid out.

“If someone told the old me that in four years I’d be standing before you all giving a speech, well, I’d probably have decked you.” A string of laughter rang out through the class. “But it’s no secret to anyone here, I wasn’t the best kind of person I could be. In fact, for a while – a LONG while – I was the school bully. I did things to this day that I’m not proud of. And while I regret my actions, I’ve also learned – the hard way – what it means to be a better person.”

“I’ve learned that you can’t have blinders on to the world around you, you have to see everything and take it all in. And just because you think you deserve something, doesn’t mean you do, there’s a time and a place for everything, as it did for me. Someone we all know gave me a second chance, and if not for that chance, I would not be here today, be the woman I am at this moment. Because of that act, I too believe in second chances, I used to think that my actions could not be forgiven, but slowly yet surely, I saw that to be false. Because hanging onto hate and resent only eats you until there’s nothing left but the bad. I know, I was that way.”

“So, what’s the takeaway for everyone here? Don’t be afraid of what lies ahead, we’re all bound to make mistakes, it’s just how we are, we’re not perfect beings or anything. When and if life ever knocks you down, remember that you have a choice to make. You can either wallow in pity, or you can rise like the phoenix and blaze a new path! Take it from me, it’s not impossible, but what makes or breaks it is the willingness to stand and fight. Don’t be afraid to fight for what you believe in, Senior Class of 20XX! Never forget the lessons learned here! Loyalty to friends and family. Honesty in all things done and spoken. Kindness towards others. Be generous when possible. Don’t forget to laugh. Show empathy not apathy. And don’t forget to see the magic in life! Good luck everyone! Good luck CANTERLOT WONDERCOLTS!”

Just like with Twilight, Sunset was given a standing ovation, her words ringing true for all in attendance. Twilight stood up and hugged Sunset, and then they kissed, which sent the crowd into an even bigger frenzy. Once the crowd had settled down, the traditional Pomp and Circumstance song was being played by the CHS orchestral band, Principal Celestia began calling out names one after the other, and each student came up and accepted their diplomas. However, throughout the presentation, seven names hadn’t been called and they were already at the last lettered name on the list.

“If you’re all wondering why I haven’t called seven names in particular, it is because I believe, as well as senior class, that these seven deserve to end their high school career the same way they began it, together,” said Principal Celestia. “Miss Rainbow Danger Dash.”

Rainbow Dash hopped out of her seat, at the same time she could hear her parents cheering her on the whole, along with her biggest fan, Scootaloo and her Aunts, and of course Gilda and Gabrielle. The rainbow haired girl walked up the ramp and onto the stage, took her diploma and shook Principal Celestia hand, she then proceeded to do the same for the rest of the teachers before exiting on the opposite side.

“Miss Rarity Belle!”

Just like with Rainbow, Rarity’s parents and little sister yelled loud and proud.

“Miss Fluttershy!”

While Fluttershy’s parents were normally quiet folk, that was thrown out the window for today as they yelled out loud enough for their voices to carry over the band and everything else, surprising the young Zephyr Breeze.

“Miss Applejack Apple!”

A large section of the crowd yelled as not just Applejack’s Granny, big brother, and little sister were yelling, but a few other members of the family that were invited to come, including Babs Seed, her big sister, and parents, Grand Pear, Aunt and Uncle Orange, and of course Rara and Songbird.

“Miss Pinkamena Diane Pie!”

Claps were heard. Igneous, Cloudy Quartz, Limestone, Marble, and Maud were clapping at a steady pace, among them, aside from Maud, all had small smiles on their faces, even Limestone. Some people wondered if they were even proud at all, but those who knew the family knew that they weren’t into big outbursts of excitement in public, and goodness knows when Pinkie eventually came back home, she was going to be showered with affection and congratulations from her family in private.

“Twilight Sparkle!”

Twilight walked up the steps as her parents and big brother cheered her on. She walked up to Principal Celestia shook her hand. Now, finally, we came to it at last.

“Last, but certainly not least. Sunset Shimmer!”

Sunset stood up and walked as she heard her family yell and cheer, even her friends were louder than the crowd itself. Once she ascended the stairs, she couldn’t help the tears from falling from her eyes as she shook Principal Celestia’s hand.

“You’ve grown into a remarkable young woman, Sunset. I’m proud to have been your Principal, and prouder to be your Guardian,” said Celestia.

Protocol be damned, this was probably one of the happiest moments in Sunset’s life. The redhead released Celestia’s hand and hugged her fiercely, to which Celestia returned the hug. When it came to Luna, the younger of the two Principals didn’t even bother with the handshake, she merely embraced Sunset. Once Sunset was seated Principal Celestia returned to her podium.

“Friends and families in attendance, I present you, the graduating Class of 20XX!”

The students all stood up, and in the time honored tradition, the senior class tossed up their hats. All except the “Mane Seven” as they huddled together and tossed theirs at the same time, their high school journey at an end.

Sunset’s journey had been a long one, from a bully, to a friend, and to a hero. Overcoming the past to embrace her future, and making amends for her past deeds, her growth as a person has been extraordinary. After graduation, the girls would all go off and pursue their dreams and goals. But this wasn’t the end, far from it.

For Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle, their future was just beginning, a new life together, as well as new journey for them and their friends. However, that doesn’t mean evil will sleep quietly, for there will always be darkness looming and ever waiting for the moment to strike.

But, just like there were always be evil, so too will there always be Kamen Riders to battle them. And Sunset Shimmer would always answer that call, they all would answer the call.