• Published 12th Jul 2019
  • 3,818 Views, 147 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS III: 2.0 Keyblade in Equestria - OliverSparkle



Sora wakes up in the land of Equestria after the events of Kingdom Hearts III.

  • ...
7
 147
 3,818

A Shocking Reveal

Author's Note:

SPOILER ALERT!!

If you haven’t seen episode 24 and 25 of MLP season 9 yet, I suggest watching them before reading this chapter

You’ve been warned!

After a few hours of being passed out, Sora’s eyes slowly begin to open again but his vision was still blurry a bit.

His vision became clear again as he slowly stood up and rubbed the top of his head before looking around the place he was now at. Grogar’s lair.

“Where...Where am I?” He asked to himself.

He then tried to move, but nearly fell, as he saw that his feet were stuck to the ground by Changeling slime. He tried lifting his left foot up and break free from of the slime, but it was no good, he was truly stuck.

Just then, something land on Sora’s hair as he pulled it off and saw it was a tiny bit of Changeling slime.

He looked up and let out a small gasp of shock as he saw Ember, Gabby and the Young Six all in encased in cocoons. Their hooves and claws were twitching a bit while they were opening and closing their eyes every few seconds.

Sora remained in shock mode for a few more seconds before hearing a familiar voice.

“Well well well, look who’s finally woken up.”

Sora looked right and then left before looking up to the ceiling, where the cocoon with Tempest Shadow in was, as Chrysalis crawled from behind the Tempest Shadow prisoned cocoon and looked at Sora.

Sora couldn’t believe what he’s seeing right now. It was definitely Chrysalis, but she now has dark green eyes, a big dark green crown and body armour, her hooves has dark green royal slippers on them and the top bit of her horn had dark green colour on it.

“I was starting to wonder when the keyblade wielder will wake up from his sleep,” Chrysalis said before jumping off the Tempest Shadow prisoned cocoon and landed on the path, that laid to the way out of the lair, while looking at Sora who was still in shock before glaring at the evil Changeling.

“Chrysalis! What did you do to my friends?!” He asked before letting out a small gasp as he just realise who wasn’t in a cocoon with the others, “And where’s Lightning?!”

Chrysalis let out a giggle before answering, “Do not threat. I just cased them in cocoons, so you could say they are my prisoners, like you are, trapped in my slime. And Lightning’s safe, don’t worry.”

She then whistled out to the others as they walked out of the shadows with Tirek holding a chained Lightning Twister. He tried to break free, but it was no use.

And while we’re on the same page here with Chrysalis in ultimate form, Tirek and Cozy Glow also look different.

Lord Tirek was a little bit bigger now and a lot stronger with bigger horns while Cozy Glow’s wings were a big big and she now has a horn like she was now an alicorn but evil.

Sora let out a small gasp of shock as he saw Lightning all chained up. “Lightning!”

“Sora!” Lightning cried out to while still struggling to break free only to have Cold Wind glaring at him cruelly making the poor colt shake in fear.

Sora then looked at Tirek and Cozy before turning back to Chrysalis and asked, “How did you three become like this?”

“Oh we were wondering if you were gonna ask that,” said Cozy as she flew in mid air, “But instead of telling you, how about we show you?”

She magically levitated up a grey stone bell, with the markings and the inside glowing light blue, and showed it to Sora as he looked at it in shock.

“Is that...” Before Sora could continue his question, Chrysalis answered.

“Yes. A bell. But unlike the other bells, this one can allow Grogar to drain magic from anypony that stands in his way. He ordered us to go find it for him, but after finding it, we decided to stab him in the back and use it for ourselves. I secretly stole a book from the library in Canterlot while you lot were fighting the heartless and dusks, and before me and Aqualight foalnapped Lightning. While you were unconscious, we read what it saids on how to use it, and then, it made us more powerful than we ever thought it would!”

Hearing what Chrysalis just said to him made Sora wonder something that he didn’t even notice from the start.

“Stab Grogar in the back? But that also means...” he then let out a small gasp of shock again, “Xehanort isn’t helping him, he’s helping you!”

“Correct,” Chrysalis said while grinning at the keyblade wielder, “We were the ones that promised Xehanort to help him forge the x-blade and unlock Kingdom Hearts, but Grogar doesn’t know about it yet. That’s why we plan to drain Grogar’s magic so that he doesn’t try to stop us before we drain the magic from the princesses, and maybe even Starlight Glimmer’s.”

“But what about Lightning? What do you still want with him?”

“Oh we still needed to foalnap him, cause he’s what Cozy Glow needs to complete becoming ruler of Equestria,” answered Chrysalis, “Even though he’s such a big crybaby, he’s the perfect colt to become Cozy’s king. The King, Of Darkness.”

“Lightning would never join the darkness!”

“Actually, he will,” the evil filly said, “Even if I have to do it by force. You see, while Chrysalis and Aqualight was out foalnapping Lightning, I fixed up a little potion that can not be broken. It’ll make him fall in love with me and become my king while Cold Wind makes sure he takes the potion again if it ever drains out. So what will Lightning choose? Accepting darkness, or by force? I know I really wanna know!”

Sora let out an small angry growl at Cozy before saying, “Well good for you, but guess what? I won’t let him fall to darkness, even by force!”

“Hasn’t anypony taught you about choices?” Cozy asked, “It’s his choice to make, not yours. And besides, since you enjoy helping others, you won’t be able to help him or your new friends this time since you’re now trapped here with the others.”

“Let’s go, guys,” Tirek said while grinning, “We mustn’t keep Aqualight and Xehanort waiting.”

A dark corridor showed up near Chrysalis as she went through it before Cold Wind, Cozy Glow, who was holding Grogar’s bell with her new magic, and Lord Tirek, while holding Lightning who was still trying to break free from the chains, walked towards the corridor as Lightning cried out, “Sora! Help me!”

“Lightning!” Cried Sora before trying to reach out to him, but it wasn’t any good, with the Changeling slime trapping his feet, he couldn’t save the colt.

Cozy Glow glared at Sora, as Cold Wind and Tirek went through the corridor, and said, “You wanna help your friends? Then stop getting involve with threats that you don’t even know about! Let them figure things out by theirselves!”

She then flew through the dark corridor as it disappeared leaving Sora alone in the lair with the others all prisoned inside cocoons.

Sora looked down in sadness, and also guilty. He wanted to help his new friends and rescue Lightning, but he failed.

“What have I done?” He asked to himself, “I wanted to help them, put a stop to Grogar’s invasion, rescue Lightning and free this world from darkness. But instead, I manage to let my friends get captured, and now those lot are going to take Grogar’s magic and destroy Equestria while helping Xehanort unlock Kingdom Hearts. This is all my fault.”

He then sat down on the ground as he hugged his legs and buried his face into them.

“If only the keyblade haven’t chosen me, then none of this would have happened. And Kairi would never have disappeared when Master Xehanort finished her off to unlock the x-blade.”

He remained silenced for about two minutes until he heard a voice that he recognise.

“Giving up already?”

Sora looked forward and saw a ghostly like figure of a tall grey hair boy, wearing a short sleeve grey hoodie jacket, with a yellow stripe on both sleeves, with a white shirt underneath it, long black gauntlets, dark blue trousers and black boats, looking at him with a smile on his face.

Sora let out a small gasp of shock before saying, “Riku?!”

Riku continued to smile at his friend before saying, “Come on, Sora. I thought you were stronger than that. The Sora I know would never give up, even when someone tells him to stop getting into threats he doesn’t know about. You defeated Young Xehanort before, so I can’t see why you can do it again, even in this world.”

Riku suddenly disappeared in a bright light leaving Sora alone again. Sora looked at his hand for a minute before turning it into a fist and smiled.

“You’re right, Riku!” He said proudly, “I can’t give up now! I chose to stand here for a reason, and that’s to help my new friends and stop this threat! Why should I listen to Cozy Glow, when I should be listening what my heart tells me to do, and that is, continuing helping my new friends! Starting now!”

Sora stood back up again before summoning his keyblade. “But first, I need to get out of this slime and then free the others.”

He pointed the keyblade near the slime and shouted, “Fire!” as a ball of fire busted from the keyblade and hit the slime making it melt away while the smoke fills the room.

Meanwhile back in Canterlot, inside the castle, Young Xehanort and Aqualight were still keeping an eye on the mane eight, Spike, Capper, the married couple, Flurry Heart, the sisters, the two humans and the pillars, making sure they don’t try any tricks, as the throne room doors open to reveal Grogar walking into the room with an evil grin on his face.

“Still chained up I see,” he said with an evil proud look on his face.

“Yes, my Lord Grogar,” answered Young Xehanort, “And it seems they haven’t even tried to pull any stunts so they can try to escape and figure out a way to stop us.”

“To be fair, I would pull a stunt on you for what you did to Oliver, mate,” Constantine said with a smirky grin on his face.

“Silence!” Shouted Grogar before grinning at Young Xehanort again.

“You’ve helped so well, my friend,” he went on, “Soon you’ll have what I promised you, and Equestria will ours to rule along with Kingdom Hearts! But just for your future self to rule, I have no interest of ruling it with you.”

Young Xehanort looked at Grogar for a few seconds before saying, “I thank you for your kindness on letting Kingdom Hearts being ruled by my future self, but there is just one problem. Who said anything about you ruling Equestria?”

Grogar looked at him confusedly.

“What do you mean?”

Young Xehanort summoned his keyblade before pointing it at Grogar’s hooves and shouted, “Deep freeze!” as freely smoke flew from his keyblade and onto the evil goat’s hooves making a big ice cube holding his hooves down to the ground.

“What the?!” Grogar exclaimed as he tried to break free from the ice cube trap. “What are you doing, Xehanort?!”

Young Xehanort grinned evilly at Grogar before walking towards Aqualight while saying, “Did you really think after promising to help me unlock Kingdom Hearts for my future self, that we would still be kind enough to help you take over Equestria?”

Grogar’s eyes were now wide as shock after hearing what Young Xehanort just said to him, and instead of saying “I”, he said “we”.

“You mean, you and Aqualight have been lying to me this whole time just so Equestria can yours to rule as well as Kingdom Hearts?!” Grogar asked while in shock.

“Oh it’s not just me and Aqualight who have been lying to you the entire time, Grogar,” Young Xehanort answered making Grogar even more shocked than ever.

“Are you saying that...” Before he continue, Chrysalis’s voice was heard.

“That’s right, Grogar. We were also part of the backstabbing Grogar plan.”

The evil goat looked behind him and saw a dark corridor appearing in front of the closed doors as the four villains walked out of the corridor with Tirek still holding Lightning in chains before tossing him to the ground and landed near where Young Xehanort and Aqualight were standing.

Fluttershy saw her son tied up in chains as she let out a gasp of shock before saying, “Lightning!”

Lightning slowly moved his head and saw his mother as tears began steam down his face. “M-Momma!”

“Oh no no, what have they done to you, kiddo?” Capper asked in shock after seeing what has happened to his son.

Lightning looked at his tied up parents, aunts and friends, but he suddenly realise that one pony in his family wasn’t around or even tied up with the others.

“Wait! Where’s Uncle Oliver?!” He asked worriedly, “Did something happened to him?!”

Rainbow growled angrily at Young Xehanort before answering her nephew’s question, “Yeah, Xehanort sent him to the realm of darkness.”

Young Xehanort was looking at the wonderbolt while she was saying that as he then let out an evil chuckle afterwards. He then looked at the little colt and saw he had more tears running down his face after hearing what his aunt had just said, his uncle has been sent to the realm of darkness and there wasn’t anything he could do to get him back.

“Don’t take it too hard, little one,” said Young Xehanort as Lightning looked at him with tears still steaming down his face, “His sacrifice was more than enough for what we really have planned to do with Princess Celestia and her sister.”

The evil keyblade master walked towards the other four members of the legion of doom.

“Did you bring it?”

“We sure did,” Cozy Glow answered in a evil cutely way before magically levitating Grogar’s bell off Chrysalis’s back and showed it to him.

“My bell!” Grogar shouted in shock while everypony, including Capper, Spike and the two humans, were left in shock after seeing what they just saw.

“So his bell just exists still,” Star Swirl said to himself. He studied about Grogar right before he was noted that the evil goat was invading Canterlot and has captured his friends.

“Oh no no no no, my dear Grogar,” laughed Chrysalis evilly, “This isn’t “your bell” anymore. This is OUR bell now.”

“But you three told me you couldn’t find it when I sent you to go find it for me!”

“Well it seems you fell for the oldest trick in the book,” said the annoyed orange pony, “Because these lot know how to lie to somecreature.”

Lord Tirek chuckled before saying, “That’s right, Element Of Honesty. We tricked Grogar into thinking we couldn’t find his bell when we have, and it worked.”

“But, I freed you two from Tartarus, I gave you some of my magic to make you stronger a bit, and I allowed you lot to stay in my hideout so you don’t have to find some other place to hide in, and this is how you repay me?!”

“Well when you form a group of the most dangerous threats in Equestria, you should be careful on who you choose and whether or not they’re gonna stab you in the back later on,” said Chrysalis with a evil grin on her face.

“B-But, why?!”

“We're bad guys,” answered Cozy Glow, “It’s what we do.”

“Fair point,” said Grogar.

“But that really doesn’t matter anymore now that we have the bell now,” said Tirek, “And we decided to see if it still works on you first before we do the sisters.”

“And Starlight Glimmer,” added Chrysalis.

“WHAT?!” Grogar asked in shock, “B-B-B-But you can’t do that! You can’t just use my own bell on me for testing!”

“Oh we jolly well can, Grogar,” said the evil filly with an evil grin on her face, “Because we're much powerful now after starting up the bell, so who’s gonna stop us from testing it out on you first? Definitely not yourself!” She then let out an evil laughter.

“And as soon as we’re done testing it out on you, Grogar,” said Tirek, “The sisters will be next.”

“AND Starlight Glimmer,” added Chrysalis making Tirek rolling his eyes while letting out an annoyed growl.

“And then,” Cozy Glow continued on, “Once we finish dealing with the rest of you lot, I’ll become the new ruler of Equestria as Queen Of Darkness, with Lightning Twister as my King Of Darkness!”

“Lightning Twister?! As your King Of Darkness?!” Fluttershy exclaimed in shock with everyone else in shock as well. They couldn’t believe what they just heard. Cozy Glow was gonna turn Fluttershy’s son into an evil ruler of Equestria and also a King Of Darkness.

“Yep,” replied the evil filly, “Even though I did made him upset and trapped him in the caves beneath the school when I was brought back into the school, but since I’m becoming the Queen Of Darkness, I’m going to need a king by my side to rule Equestria. And I figured Lightning would make the perfect king for me, and my husband in marriage, even if I have make him king and my husband by force with my special potion and his father. And you, Fluttershy and Capper, won’t be able to save him this time!”

“I will never be your king or marry you!” Lightning said trying to be brave for himself.

“Oh yes you will, you little brat!” Cold Wind shouted at him making the little colt tremble in fear once more, “And don’t even think about trying to escape if the potion wears out! Or you’re so in for it!”

“You can’t force him to marry you and be his king like he’s all for you only!” Said Rarity trying to defend her nephew like she wanted to make things right after she did at the gala which she is doing anyway.

“And why not?” Cozy asked with an evil grin on her face.

Rarity started to sweat nervous. She didn’t know what to say to the evil filly after she stood up for the poor scared little colt that was shaking in fear still tied up in chains. But just then, she let out a small quiet gasp, she remembered what Sora had told her about love after being jealous of Capper marrying Fluttershy instead of her.

She then closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening them again while growing a serious look on her face and said, “Because it’s not your decision to make.”

Everyone in the room looked at Rarity in shock, even the villains, as Rarity continued,

“True love comes from those that are meant for each other, even if they’ve done something for him that makes him so happy, not by force or because you want them to love you back. I know that, because I’ve been there before. I grew jealous of Capper marrying Fluttershy and not me, even though I thought he would love me back after making him that new outfit after the storm invasion. But now I’ve learned, that not everycreature can love you back even if you are in love with that creature. I may have yelled at my own nephew during the gala after having a go at my friend, but...” Rarity looked at Lightning, “I hope he has to the heart to forgive me.”

With tears of fear still streaming down his face, Lightning slowly grew a smile on his face as he looked at Rarity and slowly nodded his head making her smile in knowing that he forgives her.

Fluttershy smiled at Rarity before saying, “Rarity, thank you.”

Rarity looked at Fluttershy and smiled as their friendship was back to normal again.

“Oh please!” Said Chrysalis in a annoyed way, “You really think that’s gonna get her to stop trying to force Lightning to become her king?! Your friendship nonsense have never worked on us from the very start! Not even your little friendship rainbow!”

“At least some of us actually believes that friendship is magic after realising that evil and revenge never solves any of our problems!” Sunset said earning a nod from Starlight Glimmer.

And she was right, those two were bad unicorns, and human girl, before Twilight showed them the magic of friendship and helped them turn over a new leaf.

“And as long as Smolder’s love for Lightning and the friendship bond with his friends is still strong, he’ll never become a bad pony like you, Cozy Glow!” Sunburst said defending his nephew as well.

“Awww, is that so?” Cozy teased evilly, “Well unfortunately, Smolder isn’t here to help him or make his love and friendship stronger! Nor is his other friends!”

Just then, Smolder’s voice was heard. “Better check Grogar’s magic ball again, Cozy Glow.”

The five turned round and saw the Young Six, Sora, Gabby, Tempest Shadow and Ember were by the doorway. Sora and Ember were leaning against the wall with their arms crossed while Gallus, Smolder, Gabby and Silverstream flew in mid air with their arms crossed and Sandbar, Yona, Ocellus and Tempest stood on the ground while they all glared at the baddies.

“Sora! Tempest!” The mane eight cheered in unison.

“Gabby! Ember!” Cheered Spike.

“Guys! Smolder!” Lightning cheered happily.

The three members of legion of doom gasped in shock. The good guys have managed to escape the Changeling slime and the cocoon prisons.

“I thought you took care of them!” Cold Wind shouted at Chrysalis angrily as she was the one who made sure they don’t get in the way again.

“And if Chrysalis had a bag of gems for every time she said that,” Twilight whispered in her niece’s ear making her giggle.

“Didn’t you learn anything, Sora? About getting into threats that has nothing to do you? What part of that didn’t you understand?!” The evil filly exclaimed.

“Yeah I did,” answered Sora before summoning his keyblade and pointing it at the legion of doom, “But I also learned that if I haven’t have ended up in this world and stayed to help these lot, I would never have understand that this is why the keyblade chose me instead of Riku at first. And now I know that I’m always needed when something’s wrong and I can help solve it. That’s why I’m never letting go of this keyblade or stop being a keyblade wielder! Master or not!”

Young Xehanort glared at Sora while letting out an angry growl.

“You, foolish boy!” He said to him, “You’ve come this far, after using one final move of the power of waking, to save a friend, and yet, you still understand nothing?! Do you have any idea what you’re up against here?! Didn’t my words mean anything to you?!”

“All your words did was push him into the right direction of setting things right and know how to fix things,” Grogar said making Young Xehanort glaring at him.

“SHUT UP!” Yelled Young Xehanort summoning his keyblade. “You know what, fine. If words won’t stop you, then let’s show what this bell can do to those stand in OUR way now! Starting with you, Grogar!”

Young Xehanort pointed his keyblade towards the bell, Cozy was still levitating with her magic, as a dark bright light appeared at the end of the blade and beamed towards the bell. The bell then magically levitated itself up into the air and the dark bright line disappeared as the evil keyblade wielder then pointed it towards the evil goat ordering the bell to drain his magic first.

Just then, Grogar’s horns began to glow dark yellow as a yellow light beamed from both of them and towards the inside of the bell making the goat scream in pain.

Suddenly, something mysterious happened. Grogar’s body began to transform, from hooves to legs and eagle and lion hands. Then a mini white beard appeared on his chin before a bright light making everyone’s eyes closed from the brightness.

After a few more seconds, everyone opened their eyes again and looked at the spot Grogar was standing at. Everyone, apart from Young Xehanort, let out a gasp of shock after seeing what was on that spot, a draconequus who was laying on his front before slowly rising up a bit and looked at everyone in room as they all shouted,

“Discord?!”