• Published 12th Jul 2019
  • 3,816 Views, 147 Comments

KINGDOM HEARTS III: 2.0 Keyblade in Equestria - OliverSparkle



Sora wakes up in the land of Equestria after the events of Kingdom Hearts III.

  • ...
7
 147
 3,816

Guardians of Friendship (Part 3)

Back in Canterlot, things were looking very bad for the rest of our pony and creature heroes. The heartless and dusks were invading Canterlot, visiting ponies all around the city and destroying things such as buildings, tables and chairs, even flower points.

Meanwhile, inside the castle, Young Xehanort and Aqualight have the two princesses, the married couple and their daughter, the mane eight, Capper, Spike, Sunburst, Constantine and Vincent held captured inside the throne room. They were all chained to the ground, in front of the slide way to the two thrones, while Constantine and the ponies, with horns, were magically chained and Flurry Heart was tied up to her mother’s left side as she struggled to break free but couldn’t.

Aqualight was looking outside the window making sure nopony or creature tries to get into the castle to stop them while Young Xehanort looked at the chained up pony and creature heroes making they don’t try to do anything that will stop them.

He then grinned at Celestia before walking up to her and placing a hand under her chin.

“Such a pity Sora isn’t here to save you all after telling him to go find help and the children,” he said evilly, “Usually he’s always around where my other vessels would be at and stop them from destroying the world that they appear in. But now he’s gone, and you’re all captured, Grogar can finally rule Equestria, even without his bell, and I’ll be able to put things the way they should be back in my world and unlock, Kingdom Hearts.”

Young Xehanort moved his hand away from Celestia’s chin before walking towards Spike as he knelt down to his level and started stroking his head making him feel more scared than he ever was before.

“And maybe,” he continued, “I’ll take you with me. You can become my new and second vessel, become a Xehanort, wear a black coat if you wish and have your very own weapon or keyblade.”

“Leave Spike alone!” Shouted Twilight angrily and standing up for her number one assistant who is also her brother and son, “You have no right to do such a thing to him! He’s not yours to make him your new and second vessel!”

Young Xehanort glared at the princess of Friendship as he summoned his keyblade and furiously pointed it at Twilight making her move her head back a bit.

“You have no right to speak to me like that!” He shouted at her, “If I want to take him as my vessel, I can! And Aqualight can still use him and Starlight to complete her heart! And there’s no one else, in this world, that can stop me or Grogar!”

Just then, a familiar voice was heard from the doorway of the throne room.

“You villains really need to stop saying that.”

Young Xehanort turned his head round and saw Star Swirl, Stygian and the other five pillars standing in front of the opened doorway as Star Swirl continued, “Because you should know there’s always somepony or creature out there that can stop you.”

“Star Swirl!” Cheered Celestia, Luna and Twilight in unison

Young Xehanort turned round to face the seven pillars and glared at the leader. “Who are you?”

“I am Star Swirl the Bearded, and these are the pillars, who I also call my friends. And we're here to stop you, defeat Grogar, rescue our friends, and take back Equestria!”

Young Xehanort grinned before spinning his keyblade in the air and stood in battle mode before saying, “You’re welcome to try.”

Rockhoof threw his shovel in the air as it spun round and he caught it was his mouth before charging towards the evil young keyblade master. But he wasn’t able to reach Young Xehanort in time as Aqualight quickly kicked him in the face before tackling him to the ground making him unable to get up as his shovel slid to the side of the room.

Sombambula flew towards Young Xehanort and was about fly around him making him feel dizzy until Young Xehanort wracked her with his keyblade as she flew towards the wall, smacking on it really hard before falling to the ground and unable to get back up again.

Flash, Mistmane and Meadowbrook charged towards Young Xehanort But he saw them coming towards him as he pointed his keyblade at them and shouted, “Stopza!”

Three ghostly clocks appeared through the three pillars making them standing still like a statue. Young Xehanort then vanished into thin air before reappearing again before attacking the three very quickly, that’s more fast than Rainbow Dash’s flying speed, as the ghostly clocks disappeared and the three pillars felt the attacks, that Young Xehanort did on them, as they fell to the ground and unable to move due to the attacks they were given.

Young Xehanort reappeared at the bottom of the slide way of the two thrones before placing his left hand out and summoned seven dark purple chains behind him as they swinged around the room grabbing a hold of Star Swirl and the rest of the pillars, as Aqualight jumped away from Rockhoof so the chain can grab him, before lifting them all up to the ceiling holding them captured.

They all tried to break free from the chains, but it was no use, the chains were stronger than them and was holding them very tightly.

“Oh great! Now we’re all trapped!” Rainbow Dash said crossly.

Young Xehanort looked at the chained pillars for a few seconds before turning back to Twilight and grinned once more.

“Like I said,” he said, “No one can ever stop us now. This world now belongs again to darkness. All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it. It grows, consumes it. Such is its nature. In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came! Darkness is the heart’s true nature! Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!”

Young Xehanort looked the pillars again as he then used his keyblade to move the chains about making Star Swirl and the six pillars fly about in the air. The mane eight, the two princesses, the married couple, Spike, Flurry Heart, Sunburst, Capper, Constantine and Vincent watched in horrified and also defeat again, this time, there was no one else left in Equestria that can save them now.

Meanwhile, outside of Canterlot, the Young Seven, Ember, Gabby, Sora and Discord were walking, well Ember and Gabby flew, on the dirt path taking the longest way back to Canterlot while Lightning was riding on Sandbar’s back, as they were trying to find more help and thinking of a way to save their friends and stop Grogar.

“I still don’t see why we should be walking and flying towards Canterlot and Lightning Twister doesn’t,” Discord complained.

Sandbar let out an annoyed sigh before saying, “Because, Discord, we don’t want Lightning to feel tired while walking or flying towards Canterlot. And it’s a long walk to Canterlot anyway.”

“Okay, it’s my turn to have him on my back,” said Gallus.

They all stopped as Sandbar knelt down to let Lightning off. He carefully flew off his back and walked towards Gallus as he gently lifted Lightning onto his back. Once he was settle on his back, they began to continue their journey. The Young Six and Gabby were taking turns on carrying Lightning so their arms or back don’t hurt from carrying him all the way to Canterlot.

“Well I think it’s not fair for us to go to Canterlot on hoof or wing while he doesn’t,” Discord went on as he crossed his arms, “I should be riding somecreature’s back so I don’t get tired from walking or flying.”

“What are you? A four year old?” Asked Ember making everyone, including Sora, laugh.

Discord looked away as he moaned quietly.

As they were continuing on their journey to Canterlot, Sora looked round while still walking before looking at the Young Seven and asked, “Are you guys sure you know where the correct way to Canterlot is? Because I feel like we might be lost.”

They all stopped again as Ocellus then said, “To be honest, Sora. I don’t think we know we are taking the correct way to Canterlot or if we are.”

“Yeah,” agreeing Smolder, “I mean, we haven’t been outside of Canterlot before, so I hardly believe we know any long or short ways back to Canterlot.”

“Yona have no clue which way to Canterlot is right or not,” said Yona.

This made Discord furious as he turned round to look at the seven children before saying, “So you mean to say we're now stuck out here in the middle nowhere?! Well that’s just great! Just what we needed! To be stuck out where while Fluttershy is still in danger, and we don’t even know where we are!”

Ember looked at Discord and said, “No, we're stuck out here while OUR FRIENDS are still in danger and we don’t even know where we are! It’s not just Fluttershy in danger you know!”

“Whatever,” Discord said through his teeth as he crossed his arms again.

“I’m more worried about where we’re gonna sleep tonight,” said Sora, “Because I feel like it might rain again, and we don’t have anything to cover us with for the night.”

Just then, Lightning spoke up.

“We could try to shelter in Ponytown.”

“Ponytown?” Gabby asked confusedly.

Lightning pointed forward as they all saw what he was pointing at. There was a sign on the right side of the dirt path saying “Welcome to Ponytown! Only 1 mile away!”.

“Lightning found our answer about shelter tonight!” Yona said happily.

“Lightning, way a go!” Sora said giving him a thumbs up.

Lightning smiled at Sora before they all started walking towards Ponytown, with Lightning still on Gallus’s back.

After walking for one mile to Ponytown, the Young Seven, Ember, Gabby, Sora and Discord were now in a town they’ve never been to before. In Ponytown, there were lot of shops, cafes, houses, alleys with dustbins and without dustbins, and hotels, most of them were joined together while some weren’t, that’s were some of the alleys are.

They continued on walking through town while also looking around the place. There was no pony or creature in town, probably because they’re at home now since it was now beginning to become nighttime soon.

“How long has this town around for?” Ocellus asked, “Because I’ve never seen or heard of this place before.”

“I’m not sure Twilight has heard of this town either,” added Sora while scratching his hair.

“Well, whatever this town is, we better find someplace to sleep soon,” said Smolder, “Because it’s beginning to become dark now, and Lightning’s getting tired.” She then pointed at the little colt as he let out a tired yawn before laying on Gallus’s back and resting his head on the back of Gallus’s neck.

“Come on, let’s try to find a hotel and see if we can stay there for the night,” Ember said as they continued on.

After forty minutes of walking, they began to feel tired, as Lightning was now resting on Yona’s back, and was still trying to find a hotel to stay in for one night, and it was now nighttime. They all stopped by a shop that had an alley way in between a hotel.

Gabby let out a tired and sad sigh before saying, “It’s hopeless. We’re never gonna find someplace to stay for tonight.”

“And little pony’s about to fall asleep already,” said Yona before looking at the poor tired pony still resting on her back.

Lightning slowly moved his forward and opened his eyes a bit. He then a strange pony figure that was a few miles away from them, and it was wearing a pony version of the Organization black coat with its hood on. He jumped off Yona’s back and quickly hid underneath her.

Smolder carefully placed her claws underneath Yona, took Lightning from underneath her and cradle him close to her, as he was shaking in fear, before softly saying to him, “Hey hey hey. What’s wrong?”

He pointed to what was making him shake in fear as they all looked forward and saw the black coated pony.

Sora let out a small gasp before saying, “A black coated pony?!” He then summoned his keyblade and got ready to start fighting this Nobody pony version, or Nopony since it’s a pony wearing a black coat.

“I bet he or she is working for Grogar and has come to stop us from trying to stop him,” said Gallus.

“I think you might be right, Gallus,” agreed Sora as he began to charge towards the pony.

But before he start running to that pony, a group of heartless and dusks appeared in front of them making Lightning even more scared than ever as he buried his face into Smolder’s chest.

“This again?!” Exclaimed Sandbar, “It’s like these lot don’t wanna give up!” Yona nodded in agreement.

“They won’t give up until their master is defeated,” explained Sora before running towards them instead of that pony.

But just as Sora was about to start attacking the heartless and dusks, the black coated pony jumped right into the air, spun round and landed in front of Sora and near the heartless and dusks.

The pony then turned round and started kicking the heartless with its backhooves one by one making them disappear before turning to the dusks as its horn started to lightning spark and zapped the dusks one by one as they then vanish into thin air.

The Young Seven, Gabby, Sora, Ember and Discord were all left in shock after what the black coated pony has done and didn’t even tried to attack them before or after it took out the heartless and dusks as Sora’s keyblade disappeared before he said, “You took out the heartless and dusks for us. Does that mean, you’re a good pony?”

The black coated turned round to look at the group for four seconds before a female voice was heard from the pony, “Yep.”

Silverstream stared at the black coated pony for a few seconds before closely seeing green eyes inside the hood and then saw her horn sparkling a bit after zapping the dusks.

She then looked at her again before asking, “Is that you, Tempest Shadow? You’re not wearing your armour anymore.”

The pony slowly took her hood off with her left hoof, revealing a dark purple unicorn with a scar on her right eye, a broken horn and a pink mane and tail, as she then said, “Haven’t heard that name in a long while. These days they call me Fizzlepop Berrytwist or just Fizzlepop or Fizzy. But hey, whatever suits you.”

“Are you that storm guard commander Twilight told us about?” Ocellus asked curiously.

“Yes, but after realising The Storm King was using me the whole time, I casted that title away,” Tempest kindly answered, “Been travelling around Equestria ever since Princess Twilight showed me that friendship never fails, and proving to everycreature that I’m no longer a threat.”

Discord glared at Tempest before saying, “But you’re still responsible for putting Fluttershy in danger when you invaded Canterlot! And since we’re both here together, it’s time I show you what happens when you miss with Fluttershy!”

Discord was about to attack Tempest but was stopped by Ember as she stood in front of him making him stop in his tracks.

“You stop right there, Discord!” She said angrily at him, “That pony is on our side now.”

“But Ember, she’s the one that helped The Storm King take over Equestria, trapped most ponies in cages and treated the magic ponies like trash!” Argued Discord.

“Do not argue!” Demanded the dragon lord.

“But Ember....”

“I said, DO NOT ARGUE!” Exclaimed Ember, “And as dragon lord, I order you to leave Fizzlepop alone as well as Lightning!”

Discord glared at the dragon lord before crossing his arms and looking away, still in a grump, as he said, “Fine.”

“So tell me, what are you lot doing out here late at night?” Tempest asked kindly and curiously.

“It’s uh, kind of a long story really,” answered Sandbar scratching the back of his head with Gallus nodding in agreement.

After one hour later, the group explained to Tempest about the whole foalnapping Lightning by Chrysalis and Grogar’s takeover while heading towards Tempest’s home after inviting them to stay at her place for the night.

They were now in the living room that had dark blue walls, greyish floor, a couple of photo frames, a red sofa that Smolder and Silverstream were sitting on with Lightning in the hippogriff’s arms, a small table next to it, a small cupboard and a doorway that leads to the front door and stairs.

Tempest walked towards the small cupboard, opened the left door and pulled out a warm purple blanket before closing the door.

“Oh what a terrible tale,” Tempest said sadly before replacing the sad look with a smile as she walked towards the sofa and placed the blanket on Lightning. “There you go, Lightning. A nice warm blanket.”

Lightning snuggled inside the blanket before looking at Tempest and said, “Thanks Tempest, you’re so kind.”

Tempest smiled at the little colt before gently stroking his mane. “I try, little one.”

“And thanks for letting us stay here for the night, Tempest,” Ember said happily as Tempest smiled at her.

“Not a problem, always happy to help,” she replied.

“But the only remaining problem is, how are we going to stop Grogar and save our friends?” Sora asked, “I still can’t think of way to save them, and we still haven’t found anyone else to help us.”

They all then looked down in sadness, except for Discord, as Tempest sadly looked at the sad group. She felt bad for them for not finding a way to stop Grogar and save their friends yet or found anyone else that could help them. But then, the sad look was replaced again with a smile as she said, “I can help you.”

They all looked at Tempest with hopeful smiles, except for Discord again.

“You can?!” Gabby asked happily and hopeful.

Tempest nodded her head in response before saying, “I can. I earn Twilight a lot after helping me, plus I would like to return the favour for her anyway.”

Lightning smiled happily at the reformed pony as he then said, “Thank you so much, Tempest.”

“No problem, kid,” she replied, “But now, let’s get some rest before we go to Canterlot and end this once and all. You three can sleep on the sofa if you wish.”

“The rest of us are okay sleeping on the floor,” said Gallus.

“Yona will keep Sandbar warm like yesterday night,” Yona said.

“Same here but with Sora,” said Ember.

“But what about me?! Where am I suppose to sleep tonight?!” Discord asked rudely.

“You can sleep on the floor like the others,” answered Tempest who wasn’t happy with the way Discord spoke to her and the others, “Or maybe perhaps magic yourself a bed, since you enjoy using chaos a lot.”

This made Discord glare at her. “Is that suppose to mock me?!”

“Maybe,” Tempest replied with a smirk on her face.

Discord growled angrily as his fists begin to shake furiously. “Why you little...”

“Just get some sleep,” demanded Tempest as she walked towards the stairs heading to her bedroom, “It’s late enough as it is.”

With nothing else to say, everyone else decided to turn in for the night as well. Sora laid down on the floor as Ember laid down next to him and wrapped her arms around him pulling him into a sleep hug and keeping him warm, Yona wrapped her hooves around Sandbar before slowly laying down the floor as the pony snuggled into Yona’s warm fur.

Silverstream rested her head on the sofa as Smolder gently stroked the little colt’s mane before kissing him on the forehead.

“Goodnight, Lightning. Sweet dreams,” she said to him as he replied, “Sweet dreams, Smolder.”

The orange dragon curled herself into a ball on the sofa beside Silverstream as they all then fell asleep, all except Discord who crossed his arms, glared away and slowly sat down on the floor beside the wall.

“Hmph. Not even a goodnight to me either again,” he muttered before slowly closing his angry eyes and falling asleep as Princess Luna’s beautiful shone brightly outside making everypony and creature sleep peacefully through the night.

Author's Note:

Hopefully one day I can found someone to help me draw the twelve members of the Guardians of Friendship