• Published 11th Jul 2019
  • 2,515 Views, 28 Comments

Fear the king of FLUFF. - Popping Candies



A certain edgy ruler connects to the animal-loving mare herself, which is all fine and dandy, but plot twist, he's rather...obsessed and clingy. Almost POSSESSIVE of Fluttershy, here we go again. What will she do? Is Discord jealous?

  • ...
4
 28
 2,515

My precious Fluttershy.

Fluttershy quietly chuckled at the king's attempts to bake. " See? Do it like this. " She reassured, putting her own hooves on Sombra's, guiding him throughout the process. He sneered, unamused with her efforts to make him look stupid, but alas a small smile crept onto his face, Fluttershy's bright blue eyes pierced through him, and she returned the smile oh so quietly. " You know... "

" You know.. " Sombra and Fluttershy had said that in unison with an awkward chuckle that followed, Fluttershy persisted him with a wave of the hoof gently for him to speak first. Sombra glanced quietly before he muttered something. " Well, Miss Shy, you are not as idiotic as I once presumed. " He said, not making eye contact with her, Fluttershy stared with wide eyes. Her eyes softened, and all the tension she didn't know she had even built up. " . . . Do not build an ego off of what I had just said, I am just saying, you are suitable for social situations. " Fluttershy didn't know what to say.

Fluttershy for once managed confidence and she with a chuckle said. " .... You're a good...social partner too... " Fluttershy stared back, there was a silence, but a welcomed silence, it was warm and the two finally seemed accepting of each other. As Fluttershy opened her mouth to say something, Sombra turned and headed for the couch.

" Well, I suppose we can attend to our weekly reading sessions? " Sombra muttered in his most refined voice, which made Fluttershy's comfort cease slightly, but she wasn't scared. " We could read Equestrian history, but is it rather...boring, honestly it's always told from the perspective of the princesses, and honestly they have the most narrow-minded perspectives. Really, half the creatures they banished are portrayed as the evilest creatures known to exist. " Fluttershy tilted her head, taking great interest in his opinion.

" Well... your opinion is just as good as their's...they only wanted to protect everypony. " Fluttershy said with her softest tone, not wishing to anger him, but just wanting to alert him to the fact that from their side, the 'evil' creatures and ponies that roamed Equestria usually harmed the innocent bystanders, and Celestia and Luna only sought out to protect them. Sombra didn't seem convinced, he acted as if hearing her speak about the princesses in a joyful tone was poison to his ears.

“ Oh please, they only wish to keep you all under their rule, really. They want to make the decisions, and in turn, you do not die. “ Sombra hissed out, as he sipped his tea rudely, not making the effort to make eye contact with the mare. Though her sorrowful eyes pierced into him like a thousand daggers, and his expression faltered. “ Calm yourself, you are acting like a filly who had just lost her sweets. I do not enjoy seeing you suffer under my words. “ Sombra said, continuing to sip his tea.

He quietly opened the window, as he enjoyed feeling the breeze of the wind circle his coat, though he automatically noticed that Fluttershy was cold. She didn't want to make it known but as the breeze passed her, she let out a whimpering shiver. That made the king sigh regretfully, she didn't have a large mane and thick coat to warm her, that's why he had levitated her over, and she sunk into his coat, as she made herself comfortable on the king. Fluttershy looked up to make eye contact with him, and to her pleasant surprise, he was looking back. He was warmer than expected, and the cold winds now felt nice against her coat. " hmph.. " She whispered, getting herself cozy.

" You look better without your armor. " Fluttershy said suddenly without context, which made Sombra stare in confusion at the sudden broken silence. " N-not that you look bad with it..! You look amazing both ways, but without your armor, you look like ...you... " Fluttershy finally caught her words, explaining herself. Sombra relaxed slightly, he looked back at her, trying to find the words within him to respond.

" I suppose it's more comfortable to be without tight armor, I got quite familiar with the feeling of armor after so long, but now since I am stripped of it... I feel much more... what's the word? Relaxed. Indeed, that is the word. " Sombra lowered his head onto the cushion of the couch, as Fluttershy dove her face further into his relaxing fur. He was relishing in the feeling of his social partner-- his best friend-- adoring his warm coat. It was quite enjoyable.

Then something caught him by surprise, her breaths slowing down gradually, he almost became panicked, until he laid his eyes upon her, but she didn't return the gaze he was willing toward her, instead of what he had expected, her eyes had successfully shut and she seemingly was in her own dream world. Asleep. Sombra himself felt his eyes tiring, he usually didn't sleep, it was rare occasions he'd find himself asleep, but his eyes did falter from all this warmth being presented to him.

He had been starved of affection his entire existence, and now, somepony laid a hoof on his face without fear trembling into their eyes. He usually was addicted to the feeling of a pony's trembling fear, but the thought of Fluttershy looking upon him as if he were a monster pained him. He looked down slowly, and let himself slumber for a period of time, it was only a couple moment,s but they were the best moments in his entire existence.

He relished in the comforts, even if he were so familiar to the high-quality beds fit for a king. Though, the simplistic feeling of the couch didn't pain his back as he thought it would. He discovered that it was quite soft and even comfortable to lay upon. Though in his thoughts of comfort and relaxation, a door opened.

There was silence, as he begrudgingly opened one of his eyes, hoping it wasn't anypony come to bother HIS Fluttershy. He was disappointed to find it was Discord, when the Lord of Chaos' eyes fell upon the situation, his eye twitched slightly. " Oh, am I barging in on something I shouldn't have? Well excuse ME. " Discord said with a twisted grin, masking his inner jealousy resurfacing. He cared for Fluttershy like no other, it just seemed like Fluttershy had a knack for bonding with evil villains of Equestria.

Fluttershy yawned, stretching, lifting her head slightly. Her pink mane wasn't exactly neat anymore, and she didn't know what caused the loud noise, but she turned to Sombra quietly. " What's..going on..? " She yawned, to Sombra's sorrow, she stood to her haunches, observing the situation. The inner warmth that he once held vanished. " . . . Oh, hello Discord! How are you?-- "

" Why was he laying on you? Really, if you were cold I could've just went out and bought you a blanket-- " Discord tried to calm himself. He gave a soft pat to Fluttershy, he didn't want his jealousy to leak through and harm his best friend, he cared for her too much. " ... Well, how about we all have a cup of tea? I brought singing tea packets! " Discord said, Sombra and Discord glared, silently challenging each other.

Sombra huffed. " I'll pour Fluttershy tea if you'll excuse me. " He grabbed the teapot and the cup. Discord snapped a teapot of his own and cup into his own paws, and both were already boiling with tea. " I beg your pardon? "

" Oh, I'm Fluttershy's greatest friend! Ohahahaha! Did you not know that, King Sombra? It's only I, Discord, who gets the pleasure of pouring my best friend tea. " Sombra's eyes lit up with anger, he almost wanted a dozen daggers to come in and show Discord a lesson, but it was a foolish wish. Not in front of the kind pony who looked upon him without fear, as more than a tyrant.

" I have it c o v e r e d . " Sombra said with a grin, showing off piercing fangs perfectly. Fluttershy lifted a hoof, trying to speak, but the growling of the two made her grow uneasy and nervous. " ... I will have you know, I have ruled kingdoms upon kingdoms, I personally know the right amount and the correct and perfect way to make such a liquid. " Sombra seemed to reveal a smirk, and all of a sudden, both of them were pouring excessive amounts of tea into the cup, which overwhelmed Fluttershy.

She regained her composure and poured the tea into the cups of both of her friends, Sombra grinned quietly and took a sip. He grew unamused as Discord summoned little tricks here and there to amuse Fluttershy, he put his head face down onto the table, which didn't go unnoticed by Fluttershy. " A-are you okay..? " She said with a reassuring look on her face. Sombra lifted his head and nodded quietly. He continued to sip the tea, Discord, and Sombra were giving one another death glares, which increased the tension of the whole situation.

" So.. uhm, what have you all been up to?... " Fluttershy said quietly, there was no response for a moment, as the two were still trying to kill one another with their very eyes. Though eventually, Sombra coughed breaking the silence and turned to Fluttershy a little too excitedly since what he had to say was interesting to him.

" I am writing a book on the war that happened-- " Fluttershy nodded, seemingly interested, but something cut poor Sombra off.

" YAWN. A book? I mean, I've had my FAIR SHARE of floating books and pun books, but on a war? Seriously? Way to woo the crowd. " Discord said in a sarcastic tone, though when Fluttershy gave him a slightly disapproving look, he stopped. Sombra's nostrils flared, as he grew a bit irritated. Fluttershy put a hoof on both of their shoulders softly, hoping to soothe both of them.

" It's okay... You don't need to be mad at each other, I won't replace either of you. I never will... " Fluttershy's voice rang through both of their ear's, which soothed their inner demons. Though, what surprised everyone, was Sombra standing suddenly. " Sombra..? " Fluttershy said in a pained tone as he began to leave.

" If you'll excuse me, Miss Shy, I have places to be. " He said with a low tone, Fluttershy reached out a hoof worriedly, which caught the king's attention. He huffed. " Miss Shy, I apologize. " His dark eyes roamed over her, and he took in a deep inhale.

" For...? " Fluttershy said in a confused tone. Suddenly, Fluttershy was in the jaws of the king, and she was confused, Discord reached an objecting hand out. But before anyone could object, Sombra used his magic to teleport away, as he was rather powerful. The two were in a field, as he carried her to a nearby tree. " U-uh--... "

" That. " He said in a charming tone, with a grin on his face, he laid by the tree. Fluttershy felt so very guilty for leaving Discord behind, she was already beginning to walk back to her cottage to find out where he could've gone to apologize, she felt so bad. " Miss Shy, the creature can survive quite a bit without your presence. " Fluttershy turned slightly.

" I-I... I at least want to tell him I'll have a tea party with him later, to make up for it. " Guilt rained down on the mare, but Sombra huffed, and as the sun lowered, her eyes captured it, taking a mental snapshot. " It's...so pretty... " She said in pure awe.

" Just as your heart is as graceful as the sun setting. " He said in a formal tone, taking appreciation in her. " You are quite a friend, I will give you that. " Sombra said, Fluttershy was quite flattered by his words, but still her mind lingered of her poor friend Discord. " . . . But go as you wish, I will not have guilt loom over my friend as you cured me of the guilt of my past sins. " Sombra whispered, but Fluttershy approached and put a hoof on his shoulder. He seemed sorrowful, recalling all the ponies he enslaved, it all meant nothing till he had met Fluttershy. As she noticed this. She silently put a hoof on his shoulder and whispered something that'd be engraved into his mind for eons.

" It's okay. "

Author's Note:

here we go! i enjoyed writing the last story, so i wrote this one. i hope you like! discord is a good guy, but he's just jealous. if you want me to make a chapter 2 tell me! but for now it's just another oneshot, haha. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 28 )

Nice! I would love a chapter 2!

9725021
tyvm! and i'll 100% consider it! ty for your feedback again, you're so kind. :heart:

9725024
To be honest, I like seeing characters like Sombra doing things that aren't villainy.

Ain't this cute

9725070
i suppose it is! thank you for your feedback. :twilightsmile:

Discord should just send him to the dimensions of crystals forever

will there be more parts?

Okay, just favourited the story almost solely due to how 'effin ADORABLE the Cover Art is! D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaàáâäæãåāwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9725300
!!! it is adorable, i love the coverart and the artist who made it

A good SombraShy is always enjoyable. I like it! *Smashes fiction into the floor* Another!

Very nice!

I'd like to see more :twilightsmile:

You lure them in with the cute art... and then hit them with the adorableness of an even cuter story.

Color me impressed. :moustache:

The battle of Discord and Sombra for Fluttershy... Too bad for them this is not of those reverse harem worlds that have 5 or 10 stallion for mare and they can have their own harem

9725302
I'm glad that you agree

9725382
Ditto!

9725476
Yeah, I also wonder where this trainwreck'll end up.

9725476
THEIR BATTLE WILL BE EPIC!!!

9725727
And end with both being forced to have a friendship lesson that they send to Celestia after Twilight talk to them for 10 hours about friendship...

9725458
haha! thank you. i love the artist who made the coverart. they draw fairly well!

9725476
oh boy. well, i'm sure they'll all end up being friends. :rainbowlaugh:

9725382
aha! TYVM, i'll try to write something else.

9726280
Well, don't push yourself into writing something you'd not want too, but if the inspiration comes, I'll be more than happy to read another installment.

This fanfic is my crack. It's so self-indulgent and ridiculous, I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Yes, yes, yes! This is the fanfic content I crave. The pettiness, the fighting over cute lil Fluttershy... IT'S EVERYTHING I WANT AND NEED.

Thank you for fulfilling my self-indulgent fanfic needs. I had so much fun reading it!

I really enjoyed reading these two stories and honestly... a continuation would be positively delightful if its not too much a hassle. I've only recently come back to this website and gosh I'm reading so many Fluttershy related works-

Err. I... guess that is to be expected considering my avatar and name. Heh, but gosh do I still love some of the other stories that update on here from time to time.

I've missed this place...

Comment posted by TheOneAJ deleted March 29th
Login or register to comment