• Published 21st Jul 2019
  • 3,075 Views, 90 Comments

What Now? - Q-22



Whether they wanted it or not, two beings of immense power are brought to Equestria in the most unprobable of circumstances. And nothing bad happens!

  • ...
7
 90
 3,075

That Last Part From A Different Perspective

Luna thought she'd be able to catch a break, just this once. To be able to end her nightly court session a little early so she could have some time to herself, without consequence. She had planned it, alerted those who made regular visits that she wouldn't be in at that time in the early morning, and had a few general postings throughout Canterlot that Night Court would not be in usual session past the first ringing of the bell(s).

She should have known better, and was scolding herself for thinking nothing would happen the one time she didn't show up, even if it was pretty damn clear she wasn't going to be there.

From what she had gathered from the guards rushing to and fro, it sounded like a wandering mage or scribe had teleported into the room from afar, likely unaware of the changed schedule. All in all, nothing too serious, but she wondered if she would get to the throne room before the guards did something brash. It was late, after all, and sleep inertia did tend to skew rational thinking.

The flash of a teleport (or rather, what appeared to be a teleport at first) and the telltale rumble of stampeding guards swiftly cut down Luna's hopes of resolving the situation in a dignified manner. She sighed, watching the tall, pale, hooded individual speed past the hall perpendicular to the one she was trotting down. Not long after, several guards rushed past, likely in pursuit.

She hurried to the end of her hall, peering around the corner and watching the pursued individual grow closer to the end of the corridor. She had often meandered down that particular hall in days past and was confused. There were no exits or other halls branching out in that direction. Where could they be headed? Into a dead end? All that was there was a large window, letting in the moonlight through tinted glass. Surely they wouldn't-

Luna stopped thinking for a moment and sprung into action, her horn glowing a deep blue before she flashed into the path of the running mage. Haphazardly, she had misjudged the distance and was a little closer than she would have liked. She went to say something, beginning to raise a shield, and was promptly shut up as she felt the oddest of sensations, like the very soul and essence of a blindingly complex creature was shoved through and around her. It left her dazed for but a second, and when she returned to her senses, she was greeted by the sound of a window shattering and a rush of air blowing by.