• Published 8th Jul 2019
  • 822 Views, 27 Comments

Friendship is Failure #16: Write of Way - DakariKingMykan



The ponies discover how much a struggling writer disprove of the way other ponies think

  • ...
47
 27
 822

Closing Act: I'm still standing

CLOSING ACT

One month later…

Stone was more successful than ever thanks to the new Self-Help book he had written, based on all of his experiences, analogies, philosophies, and proven points.

Despite other publisher’s hearing of what happened in Canterlot, they were under no rights to refuse or restrain Stone out of personal spite, and were obligated to see what he had.



“I’m Still Standing.” the book was entitled, and it contained all kinds of ideals.

“Friendship may seem golden, noble, and the only way to success, but it really isn’t. It’s just one-way, and should not be relied on so heavily, or you can lose focus.”

“Love doesn’t exactly make the world go round; it’s money that does that. Not saying love should be disregarded, but when you think about it…

Love doesn’t buy food, clothes, a home, or your fancy education, or even this book. It’s money that does more of that.”

Even though to many, even to Twilight, the book came on as self-indulging, materialistic badgering, and ways of being selfish, they weren’t all that wrong either.

Even very successful ponies that did believe in friendship could tell there were other ways to go about in life. Not that they would change their ways, but didn’t see too much to argue with.

Though Stone still received some negative reviews, and insults here and there, they didn’t bother him as much as the book was selling like hotcakes, and he was making more money than ever, which he was proud to keep for himself because he wrote something he enjoyed, he approved of, and was finally showing differences in the world.

Of course, he still retained his other three jobs, as he wasn’t writing all the time, and he still donated a little to charity, just to keep up helping others, now that they believed in him.

He attended book signings, book clubs; even Celestia invited him back to question him about his “Unusual philosophies” which they discussed on friendly terms.

“I understand,” Stone put it “This can come off as rather cold and selfish, but like the book says… “If you don’t treat yourself like Number-One, then you may as well be seen as Number-Two!”

Celestia gasped in horror at such a thought, and almost didn’t know how to respond to it, but if many ponies liked the book, and actually used it’s teachings to gain confidence and courage to take on the world, she couldn’t really argue.


“I can’t believe it,” said Twilight “Stone’s really pulled himself up with this.”

Starlight could hardly believe some of the passages in the book, and stopped reading. “He still doesn’t even wish to make friends, but as long as he’s still standing, I guess he’ll be alright.”

Rarity no longer had feelings for Stone; it was just a simple crush-- comes and goes, which was also a passage in the book.

“A simple crush is not the same being madly in love.

Some ponies CAN move on from heartbreak, and some just can’t, and even if they can’t, that gives you no right to force your beliefs on them or treat them harshly without good reason.”

“Humph!” she scoffed “At least he is doing far better than Milles did.”

“What happened to him anyway?” asked Spike.

It turned out that Milles had taken correction classes, just as Celestia ordered, but he was still doing horribly due to his bullying ego and his need to wail on other ponies to maintain his image and feel important.

This cost him serious popularity.

Though his own books were still selling, he was now viewed as the bully he was, and not many wished to hang near him.

Not that Stone was acting too different.

As was pointed out, he wasn’t being as hostile towards others anymore, but he still felt no need for friendship in his life.

While many still tried to persuade him to try it, all he did was sing a song that was included in his book, and part of the audio reading, which was also entitled the same as the book: “I’m Still Standing!”

As he sang and danced to the song during a signing, many ponies acted as his chorus and backup.

He was still standing, just the way he was!

Author's Note:

I don't want some people to think of me using the song in a bad way, the message still stands no matter what. "I'm still standing" plain and simple.

I also like it cuz it reflects me too, no matter how much people bully me and wish me to end up in the streets out of personal spite, I'm Still Standing, and I'm still making fics and vids, and nothing they say or do is going to make their wish come true (I'll still be standing)

Comments ( 16 )
Comment posted by Tango-Raptor deleted Jul 25th, 2019

9745505

Meantime, you can try the ones I've made before... after all, this is #16

Comment posted by Tango-Raptor deleted Jul 25th, 2019

9745544

They don't listen and they don't care...

They're latest whine is

TR DR (Too Retarded Didn't Read)

Which automatically gives them no right to judge, complain, or dislike, or A-log me.

Unlike them, I WATCH MLP, Study it, know what I hate about it and what to change about it (which is pretty much everything) They just downvote, walk away with no qualms or care, and they attack ME the person rather than the author. (I only target people when they yak on me first)

Comment posted by Tango-Raptor deleted Jul 25th, 2019
Comment posted by Resolution deleted Jul 24th, 2019
Comment posted by Tango-Raptor deleted Jul 24th, 2019
Comment posted by Resolution deleted Jul 24th, 2019
Comment posted by Mx Potential deleted Jul 25th, 2019
Comment posted by Tango-Raptor deleted Jul 25th, 2019

I see nothing wrong with this:L

Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Sep 9th, 2019
Comment posted by DakariKingMykan deleted Sep 9th, 2019

I liked this.

10196769

Yet the people would thumb you down for saying that, showing just how toxic the MLP fandom really is (No offense)

10197019
People can hate me as much as they want. If they don’t like me solely for liking your story, then so be it. But I won’t let them drag me down. In fact, I use them as stepping stones to improve myself.

Login or register to comment