• Published 14th Jul 2019
  • 5,597 Views, 103 Comments

Fallen Order - Jar Man

  • ...
30
 103
 5,597

The march into Hell

I lead the marched through the badlands toward the cave Tirek sat in, I made sure to have most of Colins troops stay behind as they were our last line of defense. The whole world found out about the assassination attempt on Luna and how it failed, Celestia was also furious and sent a large detachment of guards with us under the command of some pony called Silver Steel.

When the Warriors of Sunlight found out about Ajax they were all fired up for war and by the time I got back to Sol they were all ready for battle. The mountain path they planned on using was No longer available to them as we took it for ourselves. Silver Steel sent his men to the top of the ridges to cover our heads. Just then the ground began to shake, I looked on over the the horizon and spotted the mass of demons running towards us. This is what we've waited for, this is why we fight.

"We hold them here! We slaughter them here!" I shouted to the troops.

"Praise the Sun boys!" Colin screamed. The war cries put a smile on my face.

We were in a tight position as it was useful to us in this valley and we couldn't be flanked. I put my Zweihander away and pulled out my sunlight straight sword. The enemy closed in and like a pebble hitting a wall they literally bounced off our shields but continued to push us.

"PUSH!" I ordered and we pushed them back with our shields and cut down the enemy in front of and slowly moved forward. We did this tactic a few more times and each time we stacked bodies.

"SHOW NO MERCY!!"

We pushed them back and back not stopping until each of them were dead. Eventually we pushed them back into the open and slowly spread out as to not weaken our line. A demon ran at me but I tossed it over with my shield letting the guy behind me kill it and stabbed the next one, I spun around to dodge one attack and bashed it's face with my shield. Kelso and his Red Barons came in from above as a surprise and it worked wonderfully. Me and Colin made an arrow formation and hacked through dozens of demons, I knew of a cliff that had a long drop and ordered the men to push them over the ledge.

One of my guys blew the artillery horn and a few seconds later fire hailed from the skies and into the army of hell. I could tell they were panicking as they started to push back away from the cliff, but it was too late for them our fury and anger overpowered them, the demons of hell who were known for pain and fear were being destroyed by the Warriors of Sunlight. I kicked one in the face making it fall off and into the long pit of death that awaited it. They started to use more savage tactics and managed to kill a few of mine in the line, we had to make this quick before they could kill anymore of us and started to ram into them with our shields.

We pushed the last of them off while others managed to escape back to the cave probably to get reinforcements. We let the front lines rest and put fresh ones in the new front.

"Sir!" Someone called out. I turned around and was greeted by a pony claded in Red White and blue. "I have a casualty report, we only lost 27 sir..."

"Damn..." I cursed myself for getting them killed. "Make sure they get sent back to Sol and ready for a proper funeral, we will keep pushing forward to the cave" he saluted and took a small platoon to help with the dead. I noticed Silver Steel coming my way but he didn't seem to happy either.

"Human, we held back the left flanks but these savages were able to take out a portion of my guards. They know alot of dark magic and they targeted my unicorns, we might need to call in the elements" He said. I grimaced at that since it's been a while since I've talked to any of them except spike he was still cool.

I groaned for a minute and released my anger on to some poor rocks not wanting to but it was the right call. "Alright I'll send a letter to them if they refuse then we will do without them" I pulled out some paper and a pen and wrote a long ass letter to her.

After that I rolled it up and it disappeared, Is till couldn't figure out how in the world it does that but I gave up shortly after and used magic as an explanation. Almost a minute went by and I received a letter back from Twilight saying she'd be here in an hour.

"Well that was easy" I say is surprise. I honestly didn't expect a response since I did kinda call her a tard.

We had the troops form a defensive perimeter around the valley and the skies incase of any surprises. I sat on a rock overlooking the sandy and rocky land we were soon to destroy. I watched as the pile of demons we killed were burned in a big fire and the others celebrated the victory we had today. I knew this wasn't the whole army of them as in the cave there were thousands and whatever went in that big cage wasn't here so it must be back at Tireks lair.

"We almost gave up on you you know that?" A voice said behind me. I craned my head around and saw the girls standing there wearing some kind of armor that had their cutiemarks on them.

"Oh hey there...girls" I said slightly nervous. I got up and awkwardly walked over to them not really sure what to say.

"Kobe I'm sorry, I'm really sorry for what I did. I understand if you could never forgive me and-" I hit Twilights arm in a playful manner.

"We got better shit to worry about than some scrappy mirror let's go!" I led them to the front and we started marching again. It, felt rather nice to see the girls again, mainly Twilight cause we've been pretty goo friends and even though i hated her guts didn't feel a lot of hate for some reason. Now don't get me wrong I'm still upset about the whole thing but not as much anymore since Ajax was hurt I had to focus on the battle.

"So...how have You been?" Twilight asked.

"Well I mostly spent time moping around and thought about committing genocide, I also had a crazy ass dream I wanna tell you about but other than that nothing interesting. How about you?"

"Well same thing with moping around I wouldn't leave the library and spent most of my time writing letters and totally didn't stalk you so it was pretty bland" I decided to not acknowledge the fact she stalked me and told her about the dream I had.

"It was so weird and felt so real I thought I actually travelled in time during Crystal wars" I rubbed the back of my helmet.

"Wow and you haven't talked to the princesses?"

"I didn't want to stride on in and say 'hey I talked to your dead mom and watch her her die' that would be fucked" I shivered at the thought of being tortured for accidentally offending the solar and lunar goddesses.

We marched to the spot where me and the boys conducted our seal team 6 mission and I recommended setting up camp here since we've been moving for hours and the sun was going down. Silver Steel agreed and we stopped, I helped set up the defensive line around us and had our artillery set behind cover incase of an ambush. Twilight and other unicorns used their magic to move around giant rocks we used as barriers and the essential use of a table and bench. I was in my tent cleaning off my sword and shield so it would shine in the light as we slay demon after demon when Twilight entered.

"Hey Kobe can we talk?" I nodded for her to sit down. She sat on the bed across from me and watch he'd as I whipped of the blood.

"So what's up?"

"I know we departed on bad terms and that it was my fault but I want to start over with you and hopefully be friends again.." She looked down not wanting to make eye contact. I didn't know how to respond to that, I did still hold that grudge but the fate of everyone one here depended on me focusing on either not forgiving her and having it bother me forever or make amends once and for all.

"I have forgiven you, so why have you not forgiven her?" A voice in my head asked. I know that wasn't any of my voices I talk with since it sounded too kind.

" No she ruined it for you and your friends she deserves to be punished!" The more violent voice screeched. I was supposed to be a man of God and yet I can't even forgive others for their mistakes, I sighed internally before answering.

"Okay Twilight," I held my hand. "Lets be new friends" She smiled and instead of shaking my hand I was attacked by her hugs. I patted her back as she silently cheered or cried into my arms. Why are they so sensitive these days?

I had to pry her off and put her in the other bed and went to go take the first night watch. I was on duty with a few of my guys and a Solar guard.

"Sir do you think Captain Ajax will be alright?" The dragon asked.

"Hes a tough son of a bitch he'll make it" I answered with confidence but on the inside I had doubt, the doctors said he suffered third degree burns over most of his body and was to be put on those life machines.

"I will take on the whole population of Tartarus if I have too!" Said the pony next to me. I admired her enthusiasm to kick some ass, I just pray Ajax pulls through.

"Trust me there will be a whole lot of ass for you all to kick tomorrow, if we can get to Tirek then we win this war and then we can..." I didn't know what we would do afterwards since we only have Tirek to deal with.

"Don't sweat it sir there will be more evil out there who will be no match for us" The pony reassured. She had yellow fur with a green mane and a 4 leaf clover as her cutiemark on her armor.

"Whats your name miss?" I asked.

"Lucky Blossom of Canterlot, I just graduated the unicorn academy. My 6th great grandfather was a Warrior of Sunlight during the reign of Sombra" She said proudly.

"Well Lucky, I bet he's smiling down upon you now" I smiled. I wish I found more books knew the old Warriors of Sunlight but I couldn't find squat in the library. I looked to the Dragon and he seemed like he had an expression of depresso expresso.

"What about you what your name?" He looked at me after realizing I was talking to him.

"Oh uh my name's Dotharam of Dragons peak my clan were once a peaceful group until we were attacked by other clans. Its been rough living under the old king but ever since I joined the Warriors of Sunlight life's gotten better especially since I've gained friends in the Division" he explained. He had black scales with small yellow tips. His eyes were red with fire, I could feel the heated in them almost.

"That's great man and don't you worry about the old king if he decides to pull a fast one on you or any of y'all I will personally go and purge their existence myself" I smiled and looked off in the distance just thinking about slaying evil dragons and committing mass genocide.

A few more hours into the night the next shift came and I went to bed. I told Lucky and Dotharam goodnight and went to my tent. I walked in and saw Twilight laying in what is now her bed so I slept in mine. I played there thinking about what tomorrow will bring, I was ready to finish the fight with Tirek and go home but something tells me it isn't going to happen. I brushed it off as paranoia and went to sleep.

(Next day)

Kelso took a small squad to scout ahead while we prepped for the move on the lair. I finally came up with my line set up, Silver Steel had his troops be our rear guards and Spear Company be I'm the front. Me and Liberty Division were going to strike from the dead tree forest as a surprise, Kelso would take to the skies with his Red Barons and when called for would strike like jets with napalm.

"Yo Colin wanna see who gets more kills?" I nudged him.

"Sure I'll take that bet" he shook my hand and we parted ways. I took my guys through the dead forest and informed them on my bet.

The dead forest lived up to its name as there were dead trees and dead animals all over the place. We marched deeper and out of nowhere fog set in around us, I did not like this one fucking bit.

"Watch your flanks!" I called out having them relay it to each other. I looked around for any sign of activity but only heard the light clinks of armor from my troops.

I thought I could here something in front of us and tried to get a better look. An orange orb came closer and closer until i realized it was a ball of fire.

"MOVE!" I shouted diving out of the way. The demons came out of the fog and attacked, I got up and slammed my blade into the first demon. I spun around and caught another in the neck, there were hundreds of them spewing from the fog at all directions.

I threw one over my shoulder and stomped its brains out. They knew were were coming somehow but I'll worry about that later, I shield bashed a demons head knocking it into a broken tree branch and impaled it. An axe flew towards my head but I just barely dodged it and countered to the right with my sword cutting it in half. There was a loud screech from the fog and a giant claw came out and crushed a group of my guys and other demons.


"What the buck is that!?" Lucky shrieked. I watched in horror as the injured warriors were dragged into the fog and silenced.


We had to kill whatever the fuck that thing was right now. It's claw came back down and almost hit me, thats when I charged at his hand and started stabbing and slashing at it. I stabbed it again them it pulled back with me along with it, I could see it's face as I got closer and by God was it hideous.


"Your one ugly mother fucker" it roared in my face and threw me across the field. I landed in a tree but was impaled in the process. I grunted I'm agony and tried to pull myself off but it really fucking hurt, I called over a few others to yank my sorry ass out of there.


"Holy mother of Celestia sir are you okay!?" One of them asked obviously terrified.


"Yeah I'm great just kinda stuck can you pull me out now?" He snapped out of it and pulled me off, I pulled out my estus and drank it. "We gotta kill that thing before it can kill the rest of us and running isn't an option"


"Sir we can be a distraction and you could go from behind" It did seem like a good idea and I didn't have any so fuck it I guess.


I waited for the next attack and right on time they attacked it's hand. I ran across the field and slid under it, this thing had no fur only grey skin with spikes and bones. I used it's spine to climb on top of it and managed to get to its head. I stood up and balanced myself for the blow.


"I have a bad fe- AAHHH!!" I fell over and stabbed it in the eye on accident. "Oh fuck.." It screeched it's head off and swung around violently before making me fall into the mud and running off.


I got up and started wiping the mud off my armor. The demons scattered off back into the fog leaving behind hundreds of dead behind. I could see many of ours dead in the ground each with bloody blades and spears showing they sent out with a bang at least. We had to march on and leave the bodies behind in order to provide Colin and Silver Steel the extra arms. The fog finally pissed off and we could see clearly now, we hiked it up a hillside and saw Colin already in a fight with the second wave of enemies. We used this to our advantage and attacked from the side. I cut down two of them when I saw one of Colins guys got picked up by green magic and torn in half, I looked up and saw some kind of wizard demon using magic on us.

I found Dotharam and had him shoot at the mother fucker, once the fire hit the wizard it looked over to us as soon as a spear was flying towards its face. With a sickening screech it fell to the ground clawing at the spear, I cut and sliced my way to it to silence it. I lifted up my boot and stomped its head in until it stopped twitching. A loud roar erupted from far away and the demons just stopped attacking and fled the area. I knew what called them back and it must have been for a good reason.


"Bro what was that?" Colin came up to me.


"I do not know man but we've angered it" I replied.

We cleared out the demon bodies and tossed them over the ledge and into the dead forest. I was thinking we've angered Tirek, now he's using more horrendous tactics and it was working. I had a one of my guys do a causality report and we lost 254 warriors and 186 Solar guards. This war isn't going as I had hoped but then again it's war, and war always comes at a cost.

Author's Note:

Sup gamers this will be the last chapter UNTIL break is over since I'll be working at my church for a cool minute. I will continue to write in my free time and no the story won't be dead just won't be worked on for a while. The new characters named Lucky and Dotharam are probably gonna be permanent too