• Published 14th Jul 2019
  • 5,601 Views, 104 Comments

Fallen Order - Jar Man

  • ...
30
 104
 5,601

Can't keep us down

Author's Note:

I'm in the progress of a Holloween special so that will be fun. I hope y'all enjoy this chapter and peace I'm going to play some Gears of war 5

Pain is all I felt as I laid on the hospital bed. I opened my eyes but couldn't see. I started hyperventilating but the sound of Colins voice calmed me.

"Hey man it’s okay it's just us. We came back with reinforcements to rescue y'all as soon as we got you we pulled out fast and brought you back to the Griffin hospital."

I could hear Colin to my left as he spoke. I relaxed and laid back down, my face ached and my body burned. I heard a door open and the clicking of talons entered the room.

"How is your friend Sir Wright" I heard Trajan ask.

I gave him a thumbs up, he chuckled at that and came closer to the bed.

"My dear boy, I am terribly sorry I should have sent more troops with you instead of just a small squad" he said with sadness, I knew it wasn't his fault.

"No....it was mine, I should've came up with a better plan" I choked out. I laughed a little then my stomach started to hurt.

I reached up and tore off the bandages from the right side of my face. Since it was so dark my eyes had to adjust to the light that blinded me for a second. I lifted myself but Colin tried to hold me down.

"Hey, it's been a whole week since the raid, you need to take it easy man" he protested.

"I just need to see" I said back.

I got up and my legs didn't hurt as much but, I could still feel the pain. I found the mirror and looked myself over. I had a huge burn mark on my right cheek and my chest and stomach had big scars. My legs looked like they ran through barbed wire for miles. I took off the rest of the bandages from my head and saw another burn mark over my left eye. Since I didn't have my glasses it was kinda hard to see, but Colin handed them to me so I could see the little details.

I touched my lower left face which luckily didnt hurt. I walked over to get my armor and Colin helped me.

"She shattered my estus flask" I said to Colin.

"I know we need to find a way to fix it. I gave you some when we arrived at the hospital so it would at least heal you somewhat." I nodded my head and turned to face Trajan.

"Emperor none of this was your fault. I made the call and I payed the price but I promise, I will bring Chrysalis to justice dead or alive" I said in a serious tone.

He looked at me with regret in his eyes, I just smiled and stuck out my hand. He stared at it for a minute then shook it with a halfhearted smile. I put my helmet on and headed towards the door. When I exited I saw the girls along with Kelso all sitting in the main hallway. Twilight was the first to rush over a hug me.

"Oh my gosh Kobe are you okay? We got the letter from emperor Trajan and we took the train here as fast as possible" she was crushing my body like a twig so i tapped her.

"Hurting.....me....." I weezed out.

She realized this and repeatedly said sorry while letting go. The others approached with Kelso sinking in the back. The girls all spoke at once and I swear I heard something about genocide or maybe that's just my head.

"HEY!!" I shouted over them and they got quiet. "Thank you, now please I need to talk to Kelso."

They all moved and I approached him and He just hung his head low. I tapped his arm and gestured him to walk with me. We went down the hall and to a balcony, Kelso turmed to face me.

"Man I'm so sorry I didn't know she would do that to you I swe-" I held my hand up to stop him and and sighed heavily.

"Look bro it's fine if anything it was my fault. I chose to take the job and it went bad, I paid the price." I said with a stern tone.

He shook his head looking off into the distance, I patted his back and we stood there for what felt like forever.

"Remember when we were riding the homemade go cart and Colin tried to use his feet for brakes" I said laughing at the memory he slightly chuckled in response.

"Yeah and when he put down his feet we ended up running him over" Kelso laughed at that moment.

We talked for a little bit then came back to the main room where everyone was. I walked up to Trajan to ask about our plan to get Chrysalis this time.

"So how do we get her now?" He looked at me with a look of surprise.

"You still want to go after her even though you just got tortured and your healing glass is shattered and your still weak?!" He squacked out loud.

"Well duh im not gonna let her get the last laugh, that's just embarrassing"

Apple Jack stood up with a disapproval look along with Twilight.

"Look sugar cube, I understand you want to fight it's what your good at, but sometimes you just gotta stop for a while." I glared at her from under my helmet. I am good at fighting and stuff but I refuse to let some bug queen get the better of me again.

"Fine, how about this we give me some time to heal and when that's done we hunt down Chrysalis and put her head on a pike deal?" I looked at everyone in the room Rarity was the first to respond.

"Dear, do you have to solve all of your problems with killing. It just seems unnecessary don't you think?" She asked with unease. I rolled my eyes and shrugged.

"If you want a bug gone you need to exterminate it"

Rainbow Dash was the second to answer and she seemed pretty excited.

"You can count me in no changling is gonna hurt my friend and get away with it!" She flew around and landed next to me with a big smile.

Well that's one for me, zero for Apple Jack. I looked at Twilight amd of course she sided with Apple Jack that traitor Pinkie Pie joined me while Rarity joined the other and all that was left was Flutter Shy.

She looked at both sides and tried to hide behind Colin who didn't want to choose.

"I....uhm....I don't know" she quietly said to the point where it was hard to hear her.

Twilight used her magic and floated her to their side which I'm pretty sure was cheating. I knew the odds weren’t in my favor so I pulled a fast one and got a quill and paper. I scribbled some words and had Pinkie Pie use her hair as a way to send the letter. A few minutes later a letter shot out of Pinkie Pies hair and I caught it with one hand and an evil grin.

I opened it and was pleased with what was on it.

"Who's that from?" Twilight asked with uncertainty.

I tossed it to her and her jaw literally dropped to the ground. I wrote to the princesses and they sided with me. I guess having friends in high places really do work. Twilight on the other hand wasn't to happy.

"You can't use the princesses to gain votes that's cheating!" I made an offended pose.

"You used magic to get Flutter Shy so i can use Pinkie Pies hair to get the princesses" I said crossing my arms.

I laughed in her defeat and grabbed my sword and shield from the room and started down to the exit. I walked out and Lord have mercy it was bright. I walked to the exit then i realized something.

"Damn it!" I yelled loudly causing everyone to look at me.

"What is it bro?" Colin asks as I pull out the thing I forgot.

I held up my broken estus in disappointment and I sighed. I heard Twilight "Aha" in excitement and skipped towards me while humming in a mocking tone.

"Well looks like I win by default,let's go guys!" She sang with a jolly tone.

I cursed my luck and followed the others to the train station. I said bye to Trajan and Aellô before heading back to Ponyville to recover. I told them I will return when I can to finish what we started. Colin had my pack with the armor I bought with NOT stolen gold and I had my stereo along with my gear.

I sat down in the back to sleep but Twilight wanted to gloat about her win by sitting next to me the whole ride back.

"So Kobe, now that we're heading back home maybe I can find a spell to fix your estus.”

I shook my head.

"I need an estus shard which is gonna be hard to find since there's probably not one here. "

I really hope I was wrong and we can fix it, but that will have to be a blessing if we do find one. Twilight and I talked more about the dark soul universe and history.

"So the Soul of Cinder was the hero who defeated Lord Gwyn and became the new protected of the flame?" She asked wanting to make sure she understood.

"Yeah, basically and we came along and let the world go into an age of darkness but eventually the fire age will start again and the cycle will continue forever and ever."

I had to explain to her a few times why the age of dark was better for humans, and she somewhat understood.

"Do you ever think you will go back to your homeland where it's nothing but chaos?" Twilight suddenly said, I had to think hard about my answer.

"Maybe one day I will but in the mean time I'm stuck here.”

She tilted her head in confusion.

"Do you not like it here Kobe? It’s so much more peaceful, besides the fact you and your friends go around hunting evil doers and the like, why not stay here?"

There it is, the one question I didn't want to answer out of all of them. I groaned inwardly. I do like it here cause I can start a new life but eventually the lies will catch up and then what, will I have friends in the end or will I be alone, I guess only time will tell.

"This does seem like a nice place and I would love to stay, but I don't know if the others will agree." I looked over to Colin and Kelso who were arm wrestling Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash with Pinkie Pie and Flutter Shy cheering on the struggling pair of humans.

Rarity walked over to us with a big wine bottle and three huge glasses.

'Oh dear' i thought to myself.

"While they play we can relax in celebration of you all coming back!" She sang while pouring the drink.

"Uh, I don’t think I can drink that" I said nervously. Twilight raised an eyebrow at my statement.

"What do you mean, are you allergic to wine or something?"

I laughed at that and shook my head.

"No, No its just I'm only 17 so I'm not old enough to drink" I chuckled out.

Twilights jaw dropped. "You're only 17!?"

I tilted my head. "I didn't tell you?"

Twilight shook her head. "I don't remember, but Kobe, you are so young!"

"Yeah...I know" I muttered.

Rarity handed me a glass not caring that I was underage. "Oh dear, you can be 17 and drink wine, its not like its cider or anything bad," she handed me a glass, "here try some.”

I thought about it then decided to screw it and tried it thinking it wasn't so bad. The first sip was disgusting.

"Oh jeez, how did Jesus even drink this it's horrible!" I spat out and Twilight just giggled at my reaction.

While the two unicorns sipped there poison I made a mental note to have a word with Jesus later about his drinking diets. One of the waiters on the train came by and gave me what I knew was sunny D but they called it Orange juice.

I pulled out my stereo and it got a few oohs and aahs from Twilight and Rarity.

"What's that thing?" Twilight asked picking it up with her magic.

"Its a stereo that plays music what else would it be"?” I said pulling it back to me and turning it on.

I found the song perfect for our ride back and let it play for the rest of the trip. I sang along enjoying myself even though some of the girls were laughing at my amazing singing.

~~~~~~

I walked into the library and went to the basement. Our stuff were still here but with a lttle bit of dust.

"Maybe I could buy some extra things for the room like an armor stand" I quietly said to myself.

I didn't realize how tired I was until I passed out on the couch. I was dreaming again since I was in a pitch-black place and a light came from nowhere. I heard footsteps but couldn't find the source of it, I could hear it from every direction. A red beam shot from the darkness, I was barely quick enough to dodge it.

My sword appeared in my hand and I readied myself. From the corner of my eye, I saw her. Celestia with her flaming sword. I threw a lighting spear hitting her in the chest. She took to the air then shot a red flaming spear with her magic. I caught the spear and threw it back at her this time she dodged it.

I threw a sunlight spear at her thankfully hitting her chest. She fell and proofed out of sight. Then from behind, I heard what sounded like something warping into existence. I turned around and saw more of her, it was an entire army of Celestia's.

"Be still" a females voice from above me called.

"Who's there?" I replied getting ready for something to divebomb me.

A flash of blue shot down towards the army of sun princesses and they were no longer there. I looked back up and saw Luna? What was she doing here? Oh right protector of dreams, man I really gotta start watching t.v. again. She flew down to me and she didn't seem too happy.

"Hey princess how's it going?" I asked cheerfully.

"I've been better, I saw you were having a bad dream so I came along, although I do have a question." She replied "Why are your nightmares of my sister?"

I didn't want to go through that whole senario again but I knew I would have to again eventually. Before I could speak a white screen lit up next to us. I could see myself fighting Celestia over the dead bodies.I felt anger rise up inside me while I watched.

It ended with me throwing the chain and disappeared. Luna looked horrified, not that I could blame her I was scared too.

"This is from the Crystal empire correct? I remember Twilight writing a report and mentioned you getting angry, then almost decapitated her while yelling.”

I nodded my head.

"It seems Sombra showed you one of your deepest fears and it was losing all you loved" she continued.

"I was visited by someone a few days ago, he said me and my friends were sent here for a reason. I also found a book in your old castle with a picture of what I thought were me and my friends" I explained.

An image appeared with the page in the book of knights praising the sun. Luna looked at me then the image a few times.

"It's true then.." She muttered to herself.

"What is?" I asked.

She walked up to me then poked my forehead causing me to wake up. I got up with a jolt, Luna appeared in-front of me grabbing my hand then teleported us to her old castle.

"Oh gosh I think im gon-" I threw up from that rush.

I stood up and we were in a dark lit room then lights bursted on.

"AAHH I've been flash banged with the bang!!" I cried out covering my eyes.

After going blind for a cool minute I looked around the room and saw many things from weapons to maps and even a big Dragon head. I heard Luna tossing things around behind me obviously searching for something while mumbling to herself.

"There it is!" Luna cheered, she was holding a big golden sword that was the size of my Zweihander.

She was struggling go keep it up so I helped her. I grabbed It and it wasnt even heavy it felt like a broad sword. Luna looked amazed while I held it.

"Well, looks like you really are the one" Luna said crossing her arms.

I looked at her and tilted my head.

"What do you mean I'm the one?" I asked.

She pulled up two chairs from the pile she made earlier and we sat down. She began to tell me a story I almost slept through.

"Two thousand years ago when me and my sister ruled in this castle our mentor, Star Swirl the Bearded, disappeared for a long time, then returned with many things. He talked of a land where death and pain ruled over everything. He spoke of three warriors, two who were made of golden light and one who lead the way to fight the darkness." She paused for a moment giving me a strange look.

"He said they were like nothing he had ever seen. No matter how bad the situation was, the warriors always had a smile on their face. When they defeated ths creature of darkness they all disappeared leaving their weapons behind." She said pointing to the sword in my lap.

"So what he found these, then brought them back, what's the big deal?" I asked not really understanding why.

"He said when darkness tries to claim these lands the maker will summon what he calls warriors of sunlight and you and your friends were summoned here so that must mean something bad is coming and fast" she replied.

I looked at the sword, I noticed some writing on it. It was in Latin which I just so happened to know little about. Thanks Google.

"tempus pacis, tempus belli, tempus odii, et tempus dilectionis" is what it said I only knew Deus vult and ave maria that's it.

Luna looked over the words and translated it for me.

"A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." She read.

I sheathed the sword and put it on my back. Luna went back to the pile digging for more stuff. I walked around looking at all the stuff Ms. Hoarder had.

"Princess, your a hoarder you know that?" I said picking up blue skull with glowing eyes.

"I am not a hoarder Kobe, I'm a collector" Luna huffed.

I rolled my eyes and continue to explore. She was a hoarder and she knew it. She had books, rocks armor and even a whip with what I saw had a bunch of strands. I came across a wooden triangle that was a few feet long and about four feet up.

"Yo princess what's this thing? I asked poking the top of it.

She looked at the thing and zapped it into oblivion.

"It- it's nothing for you to be concerned with now we best leave!" She stammered.

I shrugged and went by her so we could ditch the hoarder house. She teleported us back to the library where a frantic Twilight was tearing the place up looking for something.

"Uh Twi-OW!" She screamed and threw a book at my head.

"WHERE WERE YOU!?" she screeched wrapping around me.

"I was with Luna at her hoarder house" I replied pushing her off me.

Luna smacked my head which earned a chuckle out of Twilight.

"I'm not a hoarder!"

I shook my head and flipped the couch back over so I could sit. We told Twilight and the guys who soon joined us the whole story about the sword we found and how Star Swirl was probably in the Darksouls universe.

A scroll appeared in front of me with the Griffin seal, I grabbed it and opened it. It was from Aellô.

"My friend, I hope this reaches you in time, my scouts have reported a large army of changelings heading towards Ponyville. Chrysalis is with them leading the charge. I have sent a large platoon to your aid, I hope to hear from you. Your friend Aellô."

I threw the letter to Luna as I basically flew down the stairs getting my Zweihander and shield, leaving the golden sword here for study. I was about to head to the door till I heard something. It sounded like muffled yelling from above me. I looked at Twilight who was staring at me with wide eyes. Her eyes shifted into green for a hair of a second but I caught it. I lunged at the changling who was disguised as my friend and gutted it.

Everyone watched in horror and shock as the thing went from Twilight to a changeling. its head in then went upstairs. I entered Twilights room and saw her stuck in green goo against the wall. I cut her free and she explained that she was attacked shortly after I was kidnapped by Luna. We rushed outside to see Colin and Kelso holding off changelings as they came from every direction.

"Hey bug breath!" I called out getting their attention."Eat lighting!"

I threw the sunlight spear at them making them incinerate. The rest rushed at me but my Zweihander cut through them like paper before they were even five feet of me. The whole town was on chaos I saw kids getting chased while parents were trapped in green goo.

I saw Chrysalis over the town hall and ran there for one last confrontation but a purple aura held me back.

"Twilight what are you doing!?" I yelled wanting to get my revenge on that no good waste of life.

"You are still hurt and don't try to lie I could see you limp from a mile away you need to rest let us handle this!" She barked back.

I thought about it then decided she was 'right' and went back inside with Spike who was under the table with a pan. I watched them leave then made a plan to fix my flask. I thought if I got killed it might work but I dismissed that idea since it didn't seem very logical. My thoughts were interrupted when a changeling busted the window.

"Man, I just can't get a break can I?" I said to myself. The changeling fired a green bolt at me to which I blocked then proceeded to beat the bug with my shield. Spike came out from under the table and hid behind me.

"Will they get to me?" He asked shaking I knew the little guy must be terrified can't blame him either.

"No, they won’t they will have to go through me first before anything" I replied throwing the dead bug out the broken window.

I took spike to the basement since it was the safest spot. The window was his size so no changeling will get in. I handed him a dagger from my belt and told him not to stab himself as I set up a fort around us.

(2 hours later)

Its been a couple of hours since the invasion and its still waring on out there. No changeling had made it past me, yet their bodies were impaled on spikes I made from the bed frame. I decided to look out the window and saw more changelings then ponies, I couldn't see Colin or Kelso anywhere I cursed myself for being weak.

"This isn't good we're losing out here," I told spike. Just then a big rainbow shot from the streets and a big blast came after sending every bug in all directions.

I saw Chrysalis come into view laughing maniacally as she probably dodge the blast. I looked for a small shield for spike and told him to wait here. I ran outside and hid behind a house looking over the surrounding area. I noticed a bush moving and before I could rip it apart a Griffins head popped up.

It looked at me and called for the others then made their way over to me. They were the reinforcements Aellô sent. They were over two hundred strong. We snuck our huge group through town towards the town hall. Once we got there screams could be heard inside along with swords clashing. Me and a Griffin with an axe cut the door down then half of us charged in while the others held back any other changeling that came.

Colin ran up to me with a broken changeling horn and tossed it to me.

"I thought Twilight said to stay at the library?”

"She did but when have I ever wanted to sit at home when I could be in a battle with my buddies?" I asked patting his back I did notice my arms were still sore and the stitches were still there but I'd be fine.

"I'm gonna add this to my collection" I said putting the horn in my pouch.

Luna flew by zapping chanegling left and right while griffins we're hacking away at anything that came into their view. I looked for a certain bug then spotted her duking it out with Rainbow Dash and Twilight. I looked around for something to throw then spotted a spear inside a dead guard. I pulled it out then lined up my shot. Chrysalis was finally still and I threw it with all my strength, I watched as it flew in the air passing by everyone then by the luck of a thousand clovers I hit her wings pinning her against the wall.

I cheered with Colin and Pinkie Pie who came out of nowhere but i didn't care. I rushed up the stairs to get my target but she was already off the wall, well not her wings but at least it will be easier to fight her. Chrysalis tossed Twilight at me knocking me down, and sweet lord was she heavy.

"Good lord Twilight lay off the cake will ya?" I weezed out, she got up and looked at me with irritation.

"I said to stay in the library Kobe tour not fit to fight" that felt like an insult cause I was fit as a fiddle, well ok maybe not but I could still fight.

"True but Y'all took too long and I decided to speed things up I mean did you not see my spear hit her" I said making a spear with my arm gesture.

Before she could say more I was blasted by Chrysalis who didn't seem go happy about having no wings. I got up just in time to dodge the next attack then countered with a jab at her leg causing her to cry out. She quickly recovered but I already wrapped around her then suplexed her into next week. I dazed her so I did a "you can't see me" then R.K.O. her off the railing crushing two other changelings under us. I regret that since my body started to hurt.

"I will finish you creature!" Chrysalis shrieked as she tackled me to the ground.

She punched my helmet which made her hands hurt obviously then I kicked her off. Kelso came from a ledge with a chair slamming it on her head, He stood up and raised his hands.

"AM I NOT THE GREA-"he was tossed out a window by changeling horde.

I got up and now it was just me and her, we circled around each other looking for an opening she had her serrated sword and I had my Zweihander but no shield. It wasn't gonna be easy since my sword is heavy but it would do. She darted for my left side but I couldn't react in time causing me another cut leg, I stumbled back and when she tried again I kicked her knee causing it to cave in. She limped back and used her magic. She was smart but not that smart because she didn’t pay attention and Colin kicked her towards me letting me cut her horn off like it was nothing.

She was on her knees, too weak to get up. I raised my sword to finish this but stopped midway, I couldn't bring myself to do it for some reason. Everyone was watching with wide eyes as I hesitated, I sighed and dropped my sword picking Chrysalis up.

"Why don't you kill me creature?" She choked out I ignored her and carried her to the hospital where a platoon of guards stayed to make sure she didn't try to escape while being healed then shipped off to Canterlot for a trial.

Colin walked up to me and handed me the horn of Chrysalis, I put it in my pouch.

"So how come you didn't finish her off dude I thought that was the plan?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"She's done" I replied.

Luna walked over to us and elbowed me a little.

"You made the right choice you know" she simply said.

"Lets hope so. I'm gonna head back to the library to clean up and check on spike."

One of the griffins approaches me with quill a paper. He said I need to write a report for Aellô so he knows all is good and what not so I did and the griffins all left with very little casualties. I walked into the library and started picking up the bodies of dead bugs, after that I mwent to the basement to check on spike. Found fhe little guy sleeping with the dagger next to him and a pot on his head.

I carried him upstairs and laid him on he couch. I fixed our rooms and it took forever to get the green blood off the floor but i did it cause nothing can stop my powers of subway skills.

"Why is it every time we go somewhere there's always something going on?" Kelso complained. I just shrugged and went back into the basement to sleep off the pain.

(The next day)

I was reading my book on a bench at the park, the girls invited us to hangout. The day felt kinda chilly since it was fall after all and the girls were talking about the holiday nightmare night and had an hour long debate with Colin on why Halloween is superior and I mean come on it's Halloween. I loved the fall it was my second favorite next to winter.

When I was sleeping Luna peaced out saying something about getting something ready. Rarity and I talked about how she could make me a new skirt but I declined cause I didn't want to ruin this master pieces. A squeal from Twilight got my attention.

"Thats it!" She said getting up and skipping towards me." Kobe I know how we can fix your estus flask we can use a Crystal from the tree of harmony!"

She told me about the tree even though I've seen all but season 8 and 9 but oh we'll I guess.

"We can go right now" she claimed but was shot down by the others.

"Well darling I have to finish another set of costumes for us on Nightmare night" Rarity said, the others had things to do except Rainbow Dash the guys were just lazy.

"Okay then looks like its a three pony team let's go,” she called as she marched from the park. Me and Rainbow Dash soon caught up.

We walked and talked for what felt like a few minutes but took a few hours but since we were having a jolly good time, time passed quickly. We stopped at the bridge and took some stairs on our right, despite me almost dying on my way we made it to the tree. I looked at It in awe since well it was pretty cool to look at.

"Now it says these crystals could be used to heal anything even objects" Twilight said to no-one as she pulled off a Orange gem.

I handed her my broken flask, she used her magic to piece it together then just like that it was fixed. I was overjoyed and swipped it from her magic chugging the ash down like no tomorrow. It did taste like booty but I wasnt gonna complain since my body was feeling a lot better. I guess i got to excited cause next thing I knew was hugging Twilight and Rainbow Dash spinning them dizzy.

"D-dude I can't..breath" Rainbow Dash weezed out. I nervously laughed and let them go.

"Well now that we fixed your estus you now owe me a favor" Twilight said with a grin.

I gave her a thumbs up and did a little dance with the estus as my partner. The two girls just laughed at me but I didn't care I had my child back. After my little moment we went back to Ponyville. I sang sweet victory all the way back.

Today was a good day.