• Published 21st Jul 2019
  • 487 Views, 46 Comments

In the Country of Posh Things - Posh



A collection with no central theme or core idea, beyond "this is what I, at some point in my life, thought would make a compelling read." They have nothing in common beyond all being pieces of Me.

  • ...
1
 46
 487

6/22: Ace Fluttercord

”So, um...” Rarity drummed her hooves on the tabletop. “How do you two... you know...”

Fluttershy tilted her head, an ear flopping.

With an awkward cough, Rarity levitated up a fry and an onion ring from her plate. Slowly, she slid the fry through the ring.

“Ah.” Fluttershy took a sip of her tea, eyes closed.

“Was that too personal?" Rarity flushed. "We’re so open about so many things--”

“We don’t.”

Rarity paused, frowning. “Excusez-moi?”

“My husband is an ageless chaos entity,” said Fluttershy. “He doesn’t really have physical needs.”

“Goodness.” Rarity nommed the still-floating fry. “Well, what about you? Any, er... frustration?”

“Not really. That stuff's never been important to me.” Fluttershy shrugged. “Besides, there’s more than one way to experience physical intimacy.”

Rarity raised an eyebrow. “Such as?”

“Oh, Rarity. Don't you know?” With a wink, Fluttershy said, “A lady doesn’t kiss and tell.”

Author's Note:

Threw this together for Glorganglerry’s Flushed Friction Competition, an annual bloodsport to see who can die the quickest. The theme was “Pride.”

If I win, I get to choose the next theme, which I have already decided will be “cometh before the fall,” because I’m a witty fucker. I also have to eat a bucket of worms.