• Published 3rd Jul 2019
  • 1,700 Views, 19 Comments

I Just Want a Friend - Twilight Star



Everpony thinks Nightmare Moon is a mare of evil. But in fact, she just wants to be loved. She is looking for somepony who wouldn't judge her and would be friends with her.

  • ...
8
 19
 1,700

Chapter 4

It was another day, and Fluttershy was preparing her backpack. Nightmare Moon was curious, “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to Ponyville fair to get some fruit and vegetables. If you want to go with me, you can”, replied Fluttershy.

Nightmare Moon thought. She didn’t want to go. But she didn’t want to be alone here either.

I think I’d better go with you. I just hope no pony is scared and wants to come and fight with me.

“I’d like to go along with you. But promise you will not let anypony come and attack me?” said Nightmare Moon.

Fluttershy smiled, “Of course I will. After all, we are friends”


When Nightmare Moon and Fluttershy arrived in Ponyville they all looked at Fluttershy and Nightmare Moon. When they saw Nightmare Moon, they all ran away. Nightmare Moon let out a sigh, “Why do they still see me as evil?”

Fluttershy looked at Nightmare Moon, “some ponies haven’t gotten used to it yet”


When they arrived at the fair, many ponies rushed out. Well, except the pony seller. When Fluttershy arrived at the tomato stall she hit a hoof on the table, “It’s me, Fluttershy”

The mare looked at Fluttershy, “I came to buy tomatoes, do you have them?”

When the mare saw Nightmare Moon, she hid. And with a hoof, pointed to the tomatoes.

Fluttershy was sad that the ponies still saw Nightmare Moon as a threat to Equestria. But she paid with bits and went to the lettuce shack. Luckily, the pony didn’t hide. Just trembling with fear, “I came to buy lettuce, do you have it?”

The pony, afraid, threw the lettuce on Fluttershy’s face. Nightmare Moon was angry. How dare he do that to her only friend? Nightmare Moon took the pony with its magic, “How dare you hurt my only friend?!

The pony struggled to escape the magic. Fluttershy, noticing this, went to calm Nightmare Moon, “it’s all right, Nightmare. I’m not hurt”

Nightmare Moon noticed what she was doing, calmed down, dropped the pony, and looked sadly at the Ground, “I’m sorry, Fluttershy. Is that when he threw the lettuce in your face, I couldn’t feel anything, but anger”

Fluttershy smiled, “It’s okay. You just wanted to protect me”

Nightmare Moon smiled. She was glad that Fluttershy understood her.


After they had bought food at the fair, Fluttershy opened the door, accompanied by Nightmare Moon, “the food arrived ~”

All the animals were happy. Fluttershy took the food she bought and gave to each animal. After she gave The food, she went to make her breakfast. She planned to eat eggs. But unfortunately she hadn’t eggs, “oh no”

“What is it, Fluttershy?” asked Nightmare Moon.

“I was planning on making eggs, but i don’t have. We’re going to have to get eggs on the Applejack farm”, explained Fluttershy.

Nightmare Moon thought of going along. Because Applejack showed no sign of anger or fear. Just surprise. That was a good thing, right?

“I’ll go with you. I just hope Applejack doesn’t mind with my presence”, said Nightmare Moon.

“Okay. If it’s all right for you ...” said Fluttershy.


When Fluttershy and Nightmare Moon arrived at Sweet Apple Acres, they saw Applejack slamming into an apple tree. Fluttershy approached, “Hi, Applejack”

“Howdy, partners”, greeted Applejack.

“Do you have any eggs in the chicken coop?” asked Flurtteshy.

“I’ll go see now”, replied Applejack.

Applejack went to the chicken coop and arrived if a chicken threw an egg. And luckily, it had two eggs. Applejack took the two eggs and handed it to Nightmare and Fluttershy. Fluttershy smiled, “Thank you, Applejack”

“You’re welcome, Fluttershy”, said Applejack.

When Nightmare Moon and Fluttershy leave the Farm, Nightmare Moon can’t help, but notice that Applejack hasn’t shown fear, “She wasn’t afraid of me...”

“I know. Maybe she must have already accepted you’re good now”, said Fluttershy.


Nightmare Moon and Fluttershy were already eating the eggs. Until, she heard a knock at the door. She went to the door to answer, and saw Rarity, “dear, I need you in the boutique”

“Okay, Rarity, I’ll go”, said Fluttershy before closing the door.

Fluttershy went to Nightmare Moon, “Who was at the door?” asked Nightmare Moon.

“Rarity. She needs me at Boutique Carrousel. Would you like to go with me?” said Fluttershy.

“I think so. I just hope I don’t scare any of your friends“, replied Nightmare Moon.

Fluttershy nodded. She and Nightmare Moon went to the door. Rarity was surprised to see Nightmare Moon, “N-Nightmare! I...I…”

Fluttershy looked at Rarity with a serious face. Rarity noticed, relaxed and said, “Come on, dears”


When they arrived at Boutique Carrousel, they went up one floor. Rarity opened the door, “they arrived”

Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie looked and realized that Nightmare Moon was next to Fluttershy. Each one had a different reaction. Pinkie Pie looked happy, Applejack was using a friendly smile, Rainbow Dash was in a position as if preparing to strike and Twilight Sparkle was in an attacking position.

“Well, let’s get started. How do you want your dresses for the Great Galloping Gala?“ said Rarity.

Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash have stopped making attacking positions.

“I want mine to be twenty percent cool!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash proudly.

“I want mine to have stars”, said Twilight Sparkle.

“Mine can be cowmare-themed”, said Applejack.

“Mine could have candy!” cried Pinkie Pie cheerfully.

“Mine could have butterflies. That if it’s not too uncomfortable for you...“ said Fluttershy.

“OK. And you, Nightmare Moon?“ said Rarity.

“I don’t know. Can’t I go without a dress? Can’t I go like this?“ asked Nightmare Moon.

“But my dear, why go to a party without wearing clothes?” asked Rarity.

“We’re ponies”, pointed Nightmare Moon.

“But even if we are ponies we have to look fabulous at this formal Gala”, said Rarity.

“OK. I wish my dress was black“, said Nightmare Moon.

“Just black?” asked Rarity.

“Yes. Only black“, replied Nightmare Moon.


After Rarity finished making the dresses, she called for her friends and Nightmare Moon. They had all liked the dresses they had experienced and matched well with them. Nightmare Moon experienced the black dress and looked good. But she was without her armor. So that it would match the dress better.

“If I were Hoity Toity, I would say that these dresses are wonderful and that they match a lot with you, darlings”, said Rarity with admiration. “Now I just have to do my”


After Fluttershy, Nightmare Moon and the others finished, each went to they house. Well less Rarity, that was already in her house.

“When will this gala take place? Am I going to be able to go along?“ asked Nightmare Moon. “Like, I already have a dress”

“It will happen in The end of this year”, replied Flurtteshy.

“Will it be long?” asked Nightmare Moon.

“It’s still springtime, Nightmare,” replied Fluttershy.

“Well, at least it will not be that long,” Nightmare Moon smiled.