• Published 9th Aug 2019
  • 779 Views, 2 Comments

The Ice Heart Thawed - Applefai



Silverstream awakens from a dream, but was it

  • ...
 2
 779

Warm body, cold heart and a sacrifice(alternate ending)

Author's Note:

This is an alternate ending despite it having the same beginning and middle this will be an alternate ending

Upon getting on the bed Sombra instructed Silverstream to take off her locket and place it on the nightstand; Silverstream though reluctant did as she was instructed and took off her locket and placed it on the nightstand.

Silverstream and Sombra laid on his bed together, Silverstream was reluctant to do as he said, but remembered she was his slave and did as he instructed; pretty soon they were snuggling each other, Sombra wrapping his hooves around Silverstream, while Silverstream wrapped her arms around him and laid her head on his chest where she heard his beating heart beating in a hypnotic rhythm, but Silverstream also heard sadness, a longing to be loved, a heart that froze overtime due to the feeling of not being loved or wanted. Silverstream teared up at this feeling and thought she could melt this ice and said to herself, "I can fix him.

Silverstream wondered if she should say something to try and melt his heart, but decided against it and just did as Sombra wanted, she squeezed her arms around Sombra snuggling him like he wanted while Sombra stocked her hair.

A torrent of lust washed over Sombra as he stroked Silverstream's hair, he wanted so desperately to ravage her, to make her his. In his head he kept telling himself "why shouldn't I?, "she's my slave, my property, why shouldn't I do as I please?, Sombra would say in his mind, but something about how Silverstream was snuggling him made him forget these thoughts. The way she was snuggling him felt good and reassuring.

Silverstream and Sombra laid there in each other's embrace, they stayed that way for about an hour until Silverstream broke the silence, "Master, may I please be excused to use the restroom?" Silverstream asked afraid of how he would react.

Sombra just started at her for awhile until he finally spoke, "of course you may, but please come back." he said causing Silverstream to look at him in surprise. Silverstream then slipped out of his bed and started to head out the door before Sombra stopped her.

"Where are you going?" Sombra inquired his voice sounding a little angry, but still calm.

"I'm going to use my bucket in my chambers, I'll come back I promise." Silverstream said

Sombra sighed and looked at Silverstream as he stroked her chin and spoke in a gingerly tone, "please, use my facilities, I insist." Sombra told Silverstream which caused her to look at him in confusion before going into Sombra's restroom.

While Silverstream was in the restroom Sombra couldn't help but look at Silverstream's locket, he picked it up and opened it reaveling a picture of her family.

The picture captured Silverstream with her family at Mount Aris before Sombra took it over, her mother and father were on either side of her and her brother who she held in a half Nelson as they all smiled; seeing this picture brought a tear to Sombra's eyes as he gazed upon it and found out there was another picture behind the slot where the family one laid, turning over the slot he saw a picture of her and her friends, they were in the library laughing and smiling, six different creatures from six different parts of the world getting along and sharing a bond; seeing this picture brought more tears to Sombra's eyes as he realized what Silverstream had given up as he began to gently weep.

Sombra heard the toilet flush and looked in the direction of the bathroom to see the door open, Silverstream walked back to his bed and sat beside him, she looked at him and noticed that his eyes were a bit puffy and red.

"Mas-Master? Have you been crying?" Silverstream asked very questioningly.

"It's nothing, Silverstream, just admiring these lovely pictures of you with your family and friends, I can tell you all really love each other." Sombra said as he closed the locket and placed it back on the nightstand on which it laid.

Silverstream sat there shocked that Sombra had called her by her name, he's never called her by name like that before and it gave her some courage to talk to him more. "Master, would you like to talk about what's bothering you? I'm happy to listen." Silverstream said both bravely and bracing herself for the slap, but to her surprise no slap came, only Sombra speaking.

"If you insist." Sombra said with a gentle voice. "When I was but a colt I knew I was different, but because of that I was treated like an outcast, I had no friends, even my own family had abandoned me, I grew up on the streets having to fight for food and to stay alive, but then it felt so good making the weak now before me I started fighting for fun, and then as I got older I wanted to make all who wronged me bow before my might." Sombra told his tale of woe to a teary eyed Silverstream.

Silverstream just hugged him with tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry you felt that way, if only I was born earlier I could've been the one to show you love." Silverstream said to Sombra as he embraced the hug and she felt a warmth growing inside of him.

"It's ok, Silverstream I wouldn't wish that, because then you wouldn't have the friends you have now, I should've been better and not listen to darkness, hehe, this actually reminds me of a story I read about in my books." Sombra said to Silverstream as he wiped tears from her eyes.

"Can you tell me the story, master?" Silverstream asked with earnest.

"Of course, Silverstream, and please call me Sombra, you've earned it." Sombra said which shocked Silverstream causing her to wonder what's going on.

Sombra began to relay the story he had read to Silverstream "in the valleys of where Appleloosa now is there was a tribe of buffalo, the youngest of the tribe had been called by the chief for a one on one talk, when the young buffalo came to him the chief said "son, there is a war going on inside of us; a war between two timberwolves, one timberwolves is good, he stands for love, peace, compassion, and all things good, the other is evil and he stands for greed, hatred, anger, and all things bad. These wolves are forever locked in a war until one wins. The youngest buffalo asked the chief which one wins to which the chief said the answer. Sombra cut off right there leaving Silverstream in suspense.

"Which one wins?" Silverstream asked in eagerness.

"The one you feed." Sombra said as he looked back to Silverstream. "And I fed the evil one, but you, you fed the good one and revived him for another round, you showed me there is good in the world, a fact that I long since forgotten."

Silverstream with tears in her eyes hugged Sombra unexpectedly and felt something in her heart and so did Sombra. For Silverstream it might have been stockholm syndrome, but she could not deny it; she was falling in love with Sombra, she had a previous crush on Gallus, but eventually just thought of him as a friend. For Sombra he felt it to, but he knew they could not be together, at least not now, she was a minor and his new found morals were advising him against it.

"Silverstream, I love you, but we can't be together you're a minor and I don't want to turn back to the dark side, but I also don't want you to sleep in that cold chamber, please take my bed, I'll sleep on the floor." Sombra said as he got up.

Silverstream with tears in her eyes and not wanting to lose the one she loves again like she did with Gallus spoke up, "I love you to, but.."

Sombra just put a hoof to Silverstream's beak and spoke, "shhhh, no buts, it has to be this way, just get some sleep." Sombra said as he patted he leg and noticed something was off.

Silverstream noticed and spoke, "ah, it's prosthetic Sombra, I lost it when I got hyperthermia due to being knocked unconscious in Yakyakistan."

Sombra just looked at her and hugged her one last time, "I'm sorry that happened. Now get some sleep." Sombra said as he sprawled out on the floor.

Silverstream did has Sombra instructed and laid down and went to sleep.

_________________________

Months passed and Sombra and Silverstream built up a understanding of one another, though every night as Silverstream slept Sombra would be up late in his study reading magic books, but he never said what he was studying nor was he that eager to share, he would stay up anywhere from a couple of hours to all night reading and studying; he was either so intrigued into the book or too exhausted to conquer kingdoms or so it seemed.

One night as he was in his study his guard brought him some tea and spoke.

"Master Sombra, might I ask why you've suddenly became interested in age manipulation magic? You've been up for days on end reading these texts about them."

"Is Silverstream asleep?" Sombra asked with his nose still buried in his book.

"Yes, sir. She is snug in your bed as we speak." The guard affirmed before Sombra stood up putting his book back on the self.

"Please, let us drop the formalities. You may just call me Sombra." Sombra said as he looked up to the ceiling meeting out a sigh before speaking again. "I'm in love with Silverstream, it all started out as I viewed her as property, but now I only view her as an equal whom I would love to share life with."

"But Sombra" the guard interrupted. "She's under age." he continued before Sombra lifted a hoof motioning him to stop.

"I know, which is why I study these text, but they always bring a tear to my eyes because I can not preform spells of this caliber." Sombra said with a tear in his eye before continuing. "There is only one who can and I doubt she'd help me after all that I've done."

"True, but you never know unless you ask. You've changed and I'm sure she'll see it." The guard spoke comforting Sombra as he began to stand up.

Sombra took out a piece of paper and a quill and began to write after finishing he looked to his guard and told him to remove his helmet.

The guard removed his helmet as instructed revealing a beak and his blue feathers and kneeled before Sombra which Sombra told him to stand.

"You no longer have to kneel Seaspray, you and the rest of the hippogriffs I hereby set free and give back the kingdoms to Queen Novo." Sombra said as he walked out of the library and entered his chambers.

He looked down at Silverstream and watched her sleep soundly, she was gently breathing as her chest moved with each breath she took. Sombra gently caressed her cheek and left the note he had written on the bed by her side and quietly exited the room.

Sombra then went to his throne and instructed to a guard he had left to gather up all slaves and workers, but to not wake Silverstream. The guard did as instructed and brought all slaves and workers to his throne where Sombra shocked them with a surprise announcement.

"Citizens of the lands I've conquered, you are all free to go, I give you back your homes and freedom." Sombra said as her stepped away from his throne and using his magic destroyed it with out a second thought.

A collective gasp came from the audience as Sombra continued, "and i hereby step down from my title of king, burn my flags take back what is yours." Sombra continued as he walked out and made a trek for Canterlot.

----------------------------------------

At Canferlot castle Princess Twilight, Celestia, Luna, King Thorax, Prince Rutherford, Queen Novo, the rest of the mane six, Silverstream's parents and friends sat at a table trying to formulate a plan to take down Sombra and free Silverstream and the kingdoms, Thorax was still hard on himself for not helping his brother with Twilight wrapping a wing over him to assure him that he shouldn't beat himself up.

While they were talking a Shining Armor burst though the door.

"Your highness, we've just subdued Sombra." Shining Armor said as Sombra was escorted by two soldiers by a rope into the room as Celestia dismissed Shining and his soldiers.

"You have a lot of nerve showing you muzzle here Sombra, what possible reason may you have to attack Canterlot by yourself?" Celestia said as Sombra stood before her.

"Please, hear me out, I've come not to invade, that is in the past, instead I come to ask for a favor."

-----------------------------------

Meanwhile at Grogar's old fortress the rising sun woke up Silverstream who started looking for Sombra only to find the note that he left; she gently unfolded the paper and read aloud.

"dearest Silverstream, during the last few months my soul and heart have been changing and it's all thanks to you, I feel a love you and I know you feel the same way, but sadly you and I can never be together with you being under age. So I've decided. By the time you read this I've had already freed the slaves and gave back the kingdoms, I've also abandoned my title of king and ventures to Canterlot. I've decided to ask Celestia to make me young again, your age to be exact so we can be together, but the spell will alter my memory and I'll forget everything of my adult life, which means I'll forget you to, but when i do I will always genuinely love you, and I know I'll love you even when I forget you.

Silverstream with tears in her eyes dropped the note and flew out the fortress heading for Canterlot hoping to see Sombra before it's too late.

---------------------------------

At Canterlot castle Celestia looked at Sombra with anger and spoke. "Why in the hell would I do you a favor after all you've done?" Celestia said using her royal Canterlot voice.

Sombra just stood there until he bowed and spoke, "I know I have no right to come here asking for a favor for all that I've done, but I was hoping you'd grant me the privilege." Sombra said with tears in his eyes as he continued, "I know I can't make up for what I've done, even if I released my slaves, gave back the kingdoms I usurped, and stepped down from my title of king, but I beg of you please at least hear me out."

Celestia's demeanor softened a bit as she heard his plea and could tell that he was sincere. "Ok, what is this favor that you speak of?" Celestia asked still with a hint of doubt.

"Please, if it isn't to much trouble, I'd like you to regress my age to that of Silverstream." Sombra said following a collective gasp from everyone in the room followed by shocked expressions.

Before Celestia could speak the doors flew open with Silverstream flying towards Sombra locking him in a hug.

Another collective gasp came from the audience as Gallus blushed and swelled with tears when he saw that Silverstream was ok, Silverstream noticing Gallus was there blushed thinking that her feelings for him had faded, but now she didn't know who she wanted to be with.

Sombra noticing Silverstream blushing looked in the direction she was and saw Gallus, at that moment Sombra felt an almost uncontrollable jealousy until he saw the tears flowing down Gallus's cheeks.

Sombra looked at Silverstream and gingerly pushed her aside with a sigh and spoke, "Silverstream, I love you, but I can feel your feelings, and I can see there is someone who loves you more than me."

Silverstream looked at him with tears in her eyes and spoke, "but I love you pleas---" Sombra put a hoof to Silverstream's beak and looked at her tearfully.

"I love you too, but it's because I love you that I let you go to be with the one you loved before, that griffon over there, I can see he can love you more than I ever could, am I jealous? Yes, but I love you to much to keep you out of petty jealousy. Go to him Silverstream, I know you truly love him." Sombra said causing Silverstream to hug him then run to Gallus.

Silverstream through her arms around Gallus causing him to blush and the tear to flow like a waterfall, Gallus put his arms around Silverstream as he smiled at the warm feeling the hug brought him.

Seeing this Happy reunion Twilight and Thorax shared in an unseen hug even pull Ocellus in to join them, but since she hasn't mastered control yet, Twilight changed into her changeling form followed by collective gasp from the audience except for Thorax, Ocellus, and Celestia.

"Twilight, I thought that we agreed that you wouldn't go into your changeling form unless I allowed it." Thorax said not reallyw.

"I-i'm sorry, Thorax." Twilight said freaking out because now everyone knows.

Silverstream was the first to speak up, "Headmare Twilight, is this your true form?" Silverstream asked abit confused as Twilight looked at her in shock and decided to tell everyone in the room.

With a loud sigh Twilight spoke, "no Silverstream this is not my true form, my true form will always be a pony, but this is a form of me nonetheless, after I had Ocellus I asked princess Celestia if she could give me a changeling form, and she did, but I don't have full control of it and it sometimes comes out on its own.

Silverstream stood there in shock not knowing what to say, until she just said, "that's so cool." With Twilight giving a slight chuckle and a smile.

Celestia walked over to Sombra and asked, "so about this favor?" Celestia asked to which Sombra just shook his head and Celestia understood what he meant.

"I should send you to Tartarus for what you've done." Celestia told Sombra as he looked down in a sad, but understanding motion, "but, after what you did, I believe it's not necessary." Sombra looked up in a questioning way, but tears filled his eyes as he hugged Celestia.

"Thank you Celestia, I don't know what to say."

-----------------------------------

Years passed after that day and Gallus and Silverstream had never been so much in love as they are now, there was on occasion that Gallus thought it was because of Sombra that she was with him, but Silverstream always reminded him that she did love him, that he was always there for here when her leg was amputated and helped her more than anyone.

Silverstream and Gallus now have a child, and to make sure that she's always watched over, they asked the reformed Sombra to become the godfather which he happily accepts and evey time Gallus and Silverstream see their child grabbing Sombra's muzzle, the smile Sombra gives yelled them that his icy heart has indeed been thawed.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment