• Published 2nd Jul 2019
  • 599 Views, 32 Comments

Beyond the Grid: Into Equestria - CookieScript

  • ...
11
 32
 599

First Stop: Equestria

The first trio of Sci-Twi, Sunset, and JJ landed in Equestria, sliding hard against the ground in the castle.

Sunset got up and shook her head slightly, seeing a familiar lavender unicorn galloping over to them. "Starlight!"

Starlight beamed happily and responded, "Sunset!" The two ponies hugged each other happily.

Suddenly a shout got their attention as they looked at Sci-Twi who was freaking out about her new form.

"This is... all my things are now HORSE THINGS!!!" She exclaimed in a fright.

Sunset placed a hoof on her shoulder and explained, "Around here, we call them 'pony things'."

Starlight looked at JJ curiously, tilting her head in confusion. "Uh... is this the new guy you girls told me about?" She asked, looking at the two mares.

JJ got up and shook his head to clear it, rubbing his forehead with his hoof - Wait, hoof? He looked at his body and saw that he had become a handsome young stallion, his short scruffy tail the same color as his brown mane, his fur white as snow, his wings multicolored in the original Mighty Morphin' team colors, and the symbol of his power coin as his cutie mark. All he could say to his current condition was, "Well, this is different."

Sunset giggled at his cute remark, a slight red blush on her face as she trotted over to him. "Yep, this is JJ Oliver. He's the Rainbow Ranger I told you and Princess Twilight about," she explained to Starlight.

JJ made a confused expression as he looked at Sci-Twi and pondered, "Your counterpart is a pony princess?"

Sci-Twi went to him and nodded. "Yep. I guess she has wings like you, cause I sure don't," she theorized, pointing to her back which was wingless.

Starlight looked at the trio and cleared her throat to get their attention. "Well, Princess Twilight has already called the rest of the girls to assemble in the main room along with Sunburst, Starswirl, Shining Armor, and the other Princesses," she mentioned.

Sci-Twi perked up. "Shining Armor is in this realm too?" She smiled brightly.

Starlight nodded to her with a soft smile of her own. "Yeah, and he's a father in this world to another alicorn Princess," she informed her.

Sunset quickly gathered her bag. "No time for pleasantries, everypony. We got work to get to," she reminded them before galloping off to the main room, the other three following behind with JJ flying above the unicorns, albeit with a little difficulty at first.

"Whoa, whoa whoa!" He wobbled in midair and dropped down for a moment before righting himself, groaning slightly as he shouted, "How do ponies FLY with these things?!"

Sunset rolled her eyes and muttered to herself, "Oh sweet Celestia, I hope we get the right help..."

Arriving in the throne room a few moments later, JJ noticed the same six girls sitting in their respective thrones, only they were ponies like Starlight. He also saw three stallions dressed in what looked like wizards clothing and a set of armor respectively, and three alicorn mares all donning their respective defining crowns and accessories.

He landed unsteadily by them and bowed respectfully, talking in an equally respectful manner: "Princesses, I apologize for the trouble I have brought to everyone."

Celestia laid a hoof on his shoulder and responded, "No apologies necessary, JJ. We know you are doing your best to stop Drakkon."

Luna stepped forward and draped her wing over him, adding on to her elder sister's statement, "That's why when I visited Starlight, Twilight, and Spike that night our shared dream happened, we all agreed to work together and come up with a contingency plan."

Shining Armor started explaining the plan, "Starswirl and I have upgraded the armors of all the guards to be more flexible and sturdy to keep everypony safe when fighting these soldiers so these bullets won't hurt them."

Cadence continued on, "We've also done magical and flight attack and defense sequences multiple times to make sure the guards have them ready for anything. If this Drakkon dares to attack Equestria, he'll be met with the full force of every creature against him."

Princess Twilight jumped down from her throne and went to JJ. "What Cadence means by that is the fact that we've also contacted all the other tribes around Equestria, and they're all ready to help. The dragons, hippogriffs, griffons, Changelings, Yaks - "

JJ held up a hoof to stop her. "Wait a second. Yaks? Seriously?"

"Yeah!" Pinkie Pie bounced over to him and explained, "Yaks are really good at destroying things, and they'll wipe out those nasty old invaders in an instant!" She grinned with a squeaky toy sound.

He shrugged and replied, "Fair enough. I just didn't realize they were a sentient species here."

Starburst adjusted his glasses. "Oh, there's more sentient species than just them."

A chuckle sounded off as a Draconeques appeared in a flash of white light above Twilight on a pink cloud. "He's not wrong. Even creatures of chaos exist."

JJ yelped in surprise as he saw the Draconeques, flapping his wings to stay afloat. "JEEZ! With how jumpy I am already, you think you could tone down the surprises a bit?!"

Twilight moved her bangs to see through the chocolate milk that was falling on her like rain as she looked at JJ. "Sorry about that. Discord is one of our allies and as he said, the spirit of Chaos."

Discord snapped his fingers and made the rain and the cloud disappear for Twilight, allowing her to dry herself off as he smiled at JJ. "It certainly is a pleasure to meet you, dear boy." He held out a paw to shake.

JJ made a suspicious face before he put his hoof in the Draconeques' paw and accidentally popped it off at the wrist. "AAAHH!!!" He fell to the ground in shock as the Chaos Spirit chuckled at his joke.

"Discord!" Both boys looked down to see Fluttershy glaring at Discord with a disapproving glare and snapping at him, "That's no way to treat a new pony to Equestria!"

He had the sense to look sheepish as he answered her, "Uh, uh... yes, ma'am." He turned into a mini version of himself and hid in JJ's mane, whispering in his ear: "Whatever you do, don't make Fluttershy angry!"

JJ made a face as he nodded and replied, "Duly noted."

Right then, a shout from above got everyone's attention: "Find that little twerp and his girlfriends, no matter what it takes!"

He would have blushed if not for the severity of the situation as his eyes dilated in fright. They had found them!

Princess Twilight took action, starting to command the group in the room: "Okay, we gotta make sure they're out of the castle so they don't destroy anything in here." She looked at Rainbow Dash and JJ. "Rainbow, JJ, we need you to distract them and lead them outside. Think you can do that?"

Rainbow flew up quickly. "You got it, boss!" She grabbed JJ's tail and took off in a rainbow blur, pulling the surprised stallion with her as Discord returned to his normal size and looked at Twilight with a question: "What do you need from me, Princess?"

The young alicorn looked at him and responded, "Get the alarms rolling outside. We're gonna need all the help we can get against this army just in case the guards aren't enough."

He saluted to her and teleported outside quickly as the lavender alicorn turned her attention to the stallions near Starlight and gave them their orders: "Starlight, Sunburst, Starswirl. I need you three to get to Zecora's hut and start working on the potion to separate the Power Coins Drakkon possesses. Only with the right spell should it completely work."

Sunset went to her and spoke up, "Princess Twilight, you know just as well as I do that there's no unicorn magic in the human world. There's no way you'd be able to cast a spell."

The Princess nodded and replied, "True, but I do know of one way to still use magic in the human world." She levitated a book to herself as she was continuing on, "I found an old spell a while ago called Imbuere Magicae and I figured if the Princesses and I could get this done in enough time, we should be able to ensure that we have some kind of magical usage around Canterlot High besides the geodes."

Suddenly Sci-Twi dashed over to them in fright as she shouted: "Worry about that later! We got company!"

Princess Twilight galloped outside to the hall and saw that Rainbow Dash and JJ were flying like lightning, avoiding shots from the soldiers. "Okay, we'll have to improvise on the fly," she muttered to herself before doing a mass teleportation to the outside, near a valley where the rest of the townsponies and the other creatures were ready for action, the alicorns landing in front bravely.

JJ looked around below him as he saw the various creatures. "Whoa, I never expected this many creatures," he said to Rainbow Dash.

The cyan Pegasus just chuckled and responded, "Welcome to Equestria, home of friendship, protection, and those who help guard it, like my Wonderbolt teammates!" As she said the last words, a bunch of Pegasi flew over, each differently colored but all of them wearing the same blue and yellow uniforms.

Spitfire, leader of the group, nodded to JJ and spoke up, "I believe it should be you standing by the Princesses, kid. We're all behind you." The rest of the Wonderbolts nodded in agreement.

He couldn't help but smile and nod as he pulled out his Morpher. "Alright then. It's Morphin' Time!" He changed in a bright flash into his Ranger suit, now modified to fit his pony body before he flew down and landed in between Twilight and Celestia, glaring at the soldiers.

The commander of the army stepped forward and threw his sword up with a shout: "ATTACK!!!!" The footsoldiers ran forward.

"FOR ALL DIMENSIONS!!!!" JJ shouted proudly as he zoomed forward, the creature army following him. The battle was on!!

Author's Note:

Yeah, no way was I making JJ's fur color his skin color. Could you imagine how weird that would have been? Ew. Anyway, I know it's kinda weird how he's nonchalant about being a pony and jump-scared easily by Discord, but he's a Power Ranger. He's seen weirder. And Princess Twilight has grown out of the little study-hard-and-always-have-a-plan-ready mare into the confident leader we know today considering the MLP series finale from G4. But that's just me nitpicking this chapter. (squee) Like always, read and review, please!