• Published 11th Jul 2019
  • 526 Views, 0 Comments

Don't Let Go - cierragp



Under the disguise as a boy named Rainbow Blaze, she is supposed to take back all that belonged to Chrysalis once.

  • ...
 0
 526

ii. 18

The Skies family wanted me to marry Carina. For once, I agreed with mother about refusal.

Father was willing to oppose the entire Skies family for my sake, and nothing changed that much, except my college acceptances. Soon, I realized it was easier to run than I thought.

I phoned Soarin the first chance I had. "I'm leaving...Equestria?" Somehow, all it took was his silence to make me hesitate.

"Don't. There are better oppportunities here." He said. "Go to college with me. Here in Canterlot."

"We don't take the same courses." I deadpanned.

"Then go to a different one in Canterlot." I could practically see him shrug. "Who else knows me well? Who else do I have?"

In the end, that one sentence pushed me to accept the offer presented to me by the Canterlot College of Scholars.

It turns out Carina was rejected by said college. Instead of comforting her, Soarin slapped me on the back. "You made the right choice."

I wouldn't know.

Still, Carina persisted. It would greatly benefit our family if I married Carina, but of course, mother wouldn't let me.

"Rainbow Blaze is still a child." She smiled sweetly. "He's not ready, and we should respect his wishes. His happiness is paramount."

Ha.

What exactly about my happiness had she ever considered?

Carina's father was not happy. "Remember, Rainbow Blaze, your families fate rests on this decision." He leaned back, considering the effect his words had on me. "I could put all of you out of business in a year, and unless you do marry Carina and ensure her happiness, I am bent on making it happen."

"Then let that be. I am not part of this family anyways." I said coldly. "Can't you see who exactly I am? If they had a daughter they wouldn't have cared the slightest about me. My mother has not been able to push a divorce and neither have I. Hell, I wasn't even a part of this until last year. Engagement? Unless one of you desires a ruined reputation tainted with mine, I suggest you stay away." I couldn't look at anyone except Soarin.

His eyes were full of a strange sympathy that I hadn't seen before. Carina, upon hearing the declaration, broke down and ran, Her father called for someone to watch her.

"That is all I have left. But if you really do want me to marry her, point a gun at my head. I'm a person who would claw my way back to life no matter how long it takes. Gentlemen, m'lady, don't look so disappointed." I walked out of the room, relishing the anger on my mother's face that seemed to consume her. It was great watching her attempt to hide it.

I saw Soarin's shadow following me. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"Soarin," I said. "If I were not the child of Rainbow Strike, if were just a normal boy with no money to pay for all those extravagant outings, would you still stay my friend?"

"You know for a fact that my answer will always be yes." He reached out to brush a tear I didn't notice. "I'm sorry. I couldn't stop them, and I was too stupid to realize what they were trying to do." He apologized. "Don't cry."

"It's not your fault." I shrugged.

It was a thousand times worse to be beaten by Chrysalis.